Owning Land And Doing Well!

He didn't. If you made any enquiry at all into this, you'd know that his initial purchase of TI cost USD26,500. And even that wasn't his own money, he had the initiative to create a business plan and obtain external funding for the purchase.

You might want to read, for example, the interview that he did with EntropiaPlanets a couple of years ago.

Ahh yeah, that sounds more right, I wasnt sure about the 100k but 26k is definately right. Does make it an even better investment now though hah.

However, the thread is not about what he paid for 8 coins or treasure island at all..
Infact if you read my first post on Page 1 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?226114-Owning-Land-And-Doing-Well!
you will see its about income that he is generating from his lands.

But thanks for correcting me on a price that although is important. Is not what its really important to this thread per say. (I will go edit my other post about the 100k)

P.S to counter your statement of it not being in the bank. Not many kids attending school at the age he was cant! apply for a 26k loan for a virtual game deposit... So money had to be aquried with lots of help or backing. That is my point

Last edited:
P.S to counter your statement of it not being in the bank. Not many kids attending school at the age he was can apply for a 26k loan for a virtual game deposit... So money had to be aquried with lots of help or backing. That is my point

Not many kids... are PhD's.

However, the thread is not about what he paid for 8 coins or treasure island at all..
Infact if you read my first post on Page 1 https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?226114-Owning-Land-And-Doing-Well!
you will see its about income that he is generating from his lands.

Deathi's income from EU is hardly a secret.

In a Forbe's magazine article back in 2010, he confirmed his income even then was over USD100k per year.

I personally don't think his income is of any interest whatever, what's more interesting is what he does with it.

I believe that a significant amount is not just withdrawn to support his personal lifestyle, but is re-invested in EU. In adding to his portfolio of land areas; in new mob DNA; in providing financial backing (with others) for the development of Planet Arkadia.

Two-thirds of his income for one year alone (USD69696) went into purchasing the Egg from Neverdie. Another year, he undertook to provide a stand at THREE separate gaming conventions in Australia, at his own expense to promote Entropia and Calypso. (I had the privilege of being an Ambassador at one of them.)

There are inevitably comparisons made between Deathi and Neverdie, and their personal styles, that I don't think are appropriate to go into.

Let's just say that I view Deathi as a quiet achiever, and without him, I suspect the game might be a very different place to be.

Deathi's income from EU is hardly a secret.

In a Forbe's magazine article back in 2010, he confirmed his income even then was over USD100k per year.

I personally don't think his income is of any interest whatever, what's more interesting is what he does with it.

I believe that a significant amount is not just withdrawn to support his personal lifestyle, but is re-invested in EU. In adding to his portfolio of land areas; in new mob DNA; in providing financial backing (with others) for the development of Planet Arkadia.

Two-thirds of his income for one year alone (USD69696) went into purchasing the Egg from Neverdie. Another year, he undertook to provide a stand at THREE separate gaming conventions in Australia, at his own expense to promote Entropia and Calypso. (I had the privilege of being an Ambassador at one of them.)

There are inevitably comparisons made between Deathi and Neverdie, and their personal styles, that I don't think are appropriate to go into.

Let's just say that I view Deathi as a quiet achiever, and without him, I suspect the game might be a very different place to be.

Who said I was trying to undercover a secret??? its public info on tracker.. :confused:

a person that invested in a virtual reality game and is making 100k a year from almost doing nothing doesnt interest you?

Of course what he does with money is interesting but i think that would be a bit more of uncovering secrets hah. but how about you start that thread on what you find. mmkay? ha ha

marketing a game with "stands" at conventions that would potentially generate more players which would generate more revenue for him, at his own expense? oh geesh who would of ever thought marketing is one own expense? duhh no surprize, i would do that in a heartbeat too. next.

I am interested in your views on how the game would be diff without him though. When is the last time you seen him online? (i have him on FL too, talk to him every chance i get) how does he influence u? and others of course.

making 100k a year from almost doing nothing

Doing nothing you say? I disagree in two parts:
1. Investing requires homework and efforts, buying DNA, buying fertilizer, adjusting settings, community integration, events, advertising, RL funding efforts, not extremely hard work but this is not "nothing".
2. Deathifier does not put his own money into his virtual investments, he uses a shared fund along with other investors, he does not keep all the proceeds but he also has to manage other people's share. So it's not 100k for him.

You guys and girls can also do the same, right? What's stopping you?

It's only money so why bother?

I rather live a hard life here in EU than having to much. If I got an uber it would probably ruin all my gameplay and I'm here to have fun, not to earn money. I'm more than happily hand over some buck to Deathifier.

It's only money so why bother?

I rather live a hard life here in EU than having to much. If I got an uber it would probably ruin all my gameplay and I'm here to have fun, not to earn money. I'm more than happily hand over some buck to Deathifier.

You definately have a strange outlook towards it all.
Oh and Death will gladly be on the receiving end of it! ;)

I think you mean the people who invest the most and willning to learn this game inside out. They are not lucky, they know what they are doing =)

Maybe in vu6 or so, this was true. But imagine if DF today was around during the original sale of TI. Past DF would have zero chance of getting it, making skill irrelevant. Look at merry mayhem. There's virtually no chance for any but the currently rich players to win. Those who are risking it without massive funding are shut out.

There's virtually no chance for any but the currently rich players to win. Those who are risking it without massive funding are shut out.

I don't think this completely accurate.
I honestly think for competitions like that, any CORE group of SELFLESS, LIMITED(L), Midlevel, typical budget players have a strong chance for top 10 easily and top 5 with proper planning.

Laziness, greed, and a lack of charisma prevent those without massive funding from winning. All the massive funding does is compensate for those shorfalls.

narfi

I don't think this completely accurate.
I honestly think for competitions like that, any CORE group of SELFLESS, LIMITED(L), Midlevel, typical budget players have a strong chance for top 10 easily and top 5 with proper planning.

narfi

That's why I said "to win." :) Iirc, two years ago UU won three out of four available land areas.

That's why I said "to win." :) Iirc, two years ago UU won three out of four available land areas.

If you can place top 10, then you can learn how to win.
If you can place top 5, then you can win.

Any excuses are just that, excuses.

1 Week later I decided to do a follow up to see the differance. (As tracker goes by the last 7 days)

This last week we had event mobs (mulmun) going on so most of the direction was focused on these. However Not the best time for a follow up I will show you all anyways.

(with 30% more)
8 coins - 191,127 PED
Treasure Island - 66,623 PED
TOTAL = 257,750 PED
5% Tax in tax money collected.

12,887 PED collected in 7 days, that is $1,288 this week.
plus $2,154 last week.

$3,443 in 2 weeks.

Pretty sick hey?

I wish I could say I was talking about myself here, but sadly no.

However I was a bit bored so I decided to share some info with you all, take this as a shout out or a congrats, nothing more. Of course some jealously too

So.. a little bit of math and of course using Deathifier as an example - this is what I found!

Last 7 days:
8 Coins on Arkadia gave in about 281,015 PED worth of globals.
Treasure Island (deaths other land) gave in about 50,435 PED worth of globals.
Totalling a Grand total of 331,450

Average tax about 5% = 16,572 PED into his pocket from tax on globals alone
Times 7 days by 4 for a whole month equals grand total of 66,290

that is 6.6k USD a month the players on EU are generating for death!

Now, lets not forget.. those numbers are based on only hunting GLOBALS!!! meaning we can probably punch in another 30% ontop of those numbers to get a more accurate number! lets see..

(with 30% more)
8 coins - 365,319 PED
Treasure Island - 65,565 PED
TOTAL = 430,884 PED
Its safe to say our VIP of Virtual Universe Business man is bringing home 86176 PED a month!! ($8,617 USD)
(slap on the mining that is done on his land and he is close to 10k USD a month) over 100k a year from a computer game

Of course its not always this good, some months are slower and im sure some are better! but this is the right now.

Well done Death! I bring in that much a month but only when im working 18+ days out on the oil rigs dealing with idiiots and loud mouths.

Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius, ~ Fulton J Sheen

100k is a large sum, however in the world of mmo revenue he's far far behind. Also he actually had to get funding and take risks etc, the ending could of panned out very differently, do some research on the major mmos, and look how much gold/account/item are sold annually. I personally know of two friends who made over 126k each annually off of the largest mmo around, all they did was wake up log on to their 5 computers run bots, sell gold, and accounts. and they did this for 3 years straight till the chinese gold farmers killed the market on that mmo. however other mmos around that offers plenty of opportunities. if ur goal is strictly for profit, then believe me there are much much more lucrative mmos out there where all u have to pay is 50 bucks for the game or pay a monthly fee and you can generate positive revenue and i promise u the withdraw process is much much faster then 40 business days on those transactions...

100k is a large sum, however in the world of mmo revenue he's far far behind. Also he actually had to get funding and take risks etc, the ending could of panned out very differently, do some research on the major mmos, and look how much gold/account/item are sold annually. I personally know of two friends who made over 126k each annually off of the largest mmo around, all they did was wake up log on to their 5 computers run bots, sell gold, and accounts. and they did this for 3 years straight till the chinese gold farmers killed the market on that mmo. however other mmos around that offers plenty of opportunities. if ur goal is strictly for profit, then believe me there are much much more lucrative mmos out there where all u have to pay is 50 bucks for the game or pay a monthly fee and you can generate positive revenue and i promise u the withdraw process is much much faster then 40 business days on those transactions...

Yeah we could all break any game's terms and conditions to make money. Hang on, why bother with that, fuck it less just go rob a bank, thats even more profitable....

Yeah we could all break any game's terms and conditions to make money. Hang on, why bother with that, fuck it less just go rob a bank, thats even more profitable....
OH WAIT... red-blue swirlies, HOF on TV IRL... BRB!(@ClarkKent, currently you acting like niblit, who obsessed by globohoffage in chat.)

OH WAIT... red-blue swirlies, HOF on TV IRL... BRB!(@ClarkKent, currently you acting like niblit, who obsessed by globohoffage in chat.)

What? :scratch2:

Another Week has passed, lets get the 3rd week in here!

(with 30% more) this is adding the non globals and possibly some mining too. see first page to understand better.

8 coins - 152,607 PED
Treasure Island - 114,186 PED
Total = 266,793 PED
tack on the 5% tax

thats 13,339 PED collected this week.

Plus the 2 other weeks.
$4,782 or 47,082 PED has been collected in 3 weeks!

Keep in mind, this is only 2 of this lands, keep in mind also the robot wars and events going on most of april.

pretty lucky guy!

(with 30% more)
8 coins - 191,127 PED
Treasure Island - 66,623 PED
TOTAL = 257,750 PED

12,887 PED collected in 7 days, that is $1,288 this week.
plus $2,154 last week.

$3,443 in 2 weeks.

Another Week has passed, lets get the 3rd week in here!

(with 30% more) this is adding the non globals and possibly some mining too. see first page to understand better.

8 coins - 152,607 PED
Treasure Island - 114,186 PED
Total = 266,793 PED
tack on the 5% tax

thats 13,339 PED collected this week.

Plus the 2 other weeks.
$4,782 or 47,082 PED has been collected in 3 weeks!

Keep in mind, this is only 2 of this lands, keep in mind also the robot wars and events going on most of april.

pretty lucky guy!

You are Deathifier´s second ava preparing TI for sale!

:yay:

OK serious, what happens if the egg actually contains queen-dna, would be another awesome boost for TI, kinda justified in my eyes, hope it hatches one day.

You are Deathifier´s second ava preparing TI for sale!

:yay:

OK serious, what happens if the egg actually contains queen-dna, would be another awesome boost for TI, kinda justified in my eyes, hope it hatches one day.

Hah, hey if he would give me half of his ingame income, Id gladly be his second avatar :D

Back