Become an Emissary for Entropia Universe

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=2]Entropia Universe Emissary app for Facebook[/h] [h=3]Gothenburg, Sweden - April 11, 2012 /GameBlast/[/h] - MindArk announced today that it will implement Socialtype's Bamboo software and integrate with Facebook to enable fans to become! Emissaries.! This software app allows players to gain in-game rewards for their own recruiting initiatives taken on social sites, allowing their friends to easily experience and join the MMO without ever leaving Facebook.

The MindArk experience on Bamboo is being designed and published by Steven-Elliot Altman, bestselling sci-fi author and former Games Director at Acclaim Games.! He has brought the atmosphere of the Entropia Universe into the app with its user interface, graphics and storylines.! The goal is to have people who use Facebook share not only the deep history of the largest real money MMO on Earth, but to add to the lore with its own unique plots.

The Emissary program will allow fans to join an elite group of Alpha Users who can act as ambassadors for a world their friends may not yet know about.! As an Emissary a player can reap fantastic rewards in-game which also equal real money in the real world,simply for doing what they already love.! Bamboo now makes it easy for those who revel in the game to earn points by telling their friends and sharing Entropia Universe through their social networks. Every action within the app leads to rewards. By simply distributing the latest news, videos, polls, quizzes, and special offers via Facebook Wall posts, invites and gifts to their friends, players can accumulate rewards.

Originally Posted Here

I'll accept on the proviso I can opt out, and they have the vid cards/comupters to handle
"The Game"

I've been here before as an Ambassador and I can say it was re-memorable and an experience worth documenting:)

Cheers
Xaph

So, i'd be promoting EU to my Facebook Friends? Many of them rl friends and family members??

I think I'd rather stick my arms in a woodchipper. :rolleyes:

No qualms about scource, its open this end I dont hide!

Does this mean we will be having a noob invasion? Is someone going to wormhole them all to the rig or an outpost surrounded by trox?:laugh:

I don't think this is a game to push on the farmville crowd due to its complexity, but it will be interesting to see what happens....

I will want to see how this plays out. I have Neverdie as a friend on Facebook and get the occasional Rocktropia promotion. But would only include this if it doesnt spam my friends on FB. Could be interesting. Does this mean that if our wall advertises the game we get income for it being displayed on other pages?

Post advertising for EU on my FaceBook page? This is their fantastic new marketing strategy?

They have already said, long ago, that this is part of their marketing.

At least the dude they hired for it seems to be qualified? :dunno:

For those that like and use Facebook, great.

For those that do not wish to have anything to do with Facebook, I hope it does not become an obligation, and remains optional.

This will backfire big time !

My facebook is jampacked with messages from this app. I allready hate it, and its only day one...
Sounded really interesting first, but now when I see the result..... Jeeez !

{REMOVED DELETED QUOTE}

Umm.. but apparently you sold yourself to the sex slave traders and refuse to escape? You are not making any sense, you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
great..rewards for people that do something with social media..not :(
ive never used or will ever use anything resembling chatsites/facebook/hyves whatever crap its called
i do however cycle loads of peds ingame..but still..rewards go to the forumtrollers that dont do shit ingame ?

{REMOVED DELETED QUOTE}

None of my kids are linked and there are no links elswhere!
Show me evidence otherwise ?
Obviously you dont have control of your childrens network/access or you dont have kids and hypothesise crap.
My kids are 12 years old Twins and on the cusp of being 13....able to play!
Almost EU capable...this troubles and also delights me in some ways.
I have not allowed them to play Entopia until official!
I look forward to their avatars being as honest as mine has been, and able to play when they create them:)
On the day there Dad will be proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of my kids are linked and there are no links elswhere!
Show me evidence otherwise ?
Obviously you dont have control of your childrens network/access or you dont have kids and hypothesise crap.
My kids are 12 years old Twins and on the cusp of being 13....able to play!
Almost EU capable...this troubles and also delights me in some ways.
I have not allowed them to play Entopia until official!
I look forward to their avatars being as honest as mine has been, and able to play when they create them:)
On the day there Dad will be proud.

wait.. what? :scratch2: Methinks the translator went wonky.:laugh:

Anyone else getting stuck on the "enlist now" screen?

PART of the new advertising campaign? Fine, I'll hold my breath for the better ideas then.

This has potential, I'll give it that. But as it was already pointed out, outreach via social media is really hit or miss and can ultimately do more damage than good. Why not reach out on MySpace as well? Oh right, because it's near death. Hint hint, this idea would have been great a year or two ago. I would really hate to see people get rewarded uber items by usage of spambots or the resulting negrep to EU.

For the record, I do think it's a good idea, but dependency on social media is as irresponsible as its potential is unparallelled. Ped for ped, they will get more buzz from incentivized participants than any traditional medium, but at the cost of sacrificing still more of the core values of the game. So much for anonymity, but thousands of avatar facebook pages could be pretty damn cool. Are there any more ideas for that don't involve the most hated company of modern social media?

PART of the new advertising campaign? Fine, I'll hold my breath for the better ideas then.

This has potential, I'll give it that. But as it was already pointed out, outreach via social media is really hit or miss and can ultimately do more damage than good. Why not reach out on MySpace as well? Oh right, because it's near death. Hint hint, this idea would have been great a year or two ago. I would really hate to see people get rewarded uber items by usage of spambots or the resulting negrep to EU.

For the record, I do think it's a good idea, but dependency on social media is as irresponsible as its potential is unparallelled. Ped for ped, they will get more buzz from incentivized participants than any traditional medium, but at the cost of sacrificing still more of the core values of the game. So much for anonymity, but thousands of avatar facebook pages could be pretty damn cool. Are there any more ideas for that don't involve the most hated company of modern social media?

Simply let it be tried.
What I think many fear is openess
I'm not ashamed to play!

For the record, I do think it's a good idea, but dependency on social media is as irresponsible as its potential is unparallelled. Ped for ped, they will get more buzz from incentivized participants than any traditional medium, but at the cost of sacrificing still more of the core values of the game.
the most hated company of modern social media?
Yes I agree to some extent:)

I have referred subtely to core values previously.

Many of those values I have stated in game being the predominat author of Global Allaince Society values since OZI went upon other paths.

I believe visting the GA via terminal will explain:)

How do you get the activation code for this thing?

Time to bed down an look at social media input encompassing values...cheers:)

So, i'd be promoting EU to my Facebook Friends? Many of them rl friends and family members??

I think I'd rather stick my arms in a woodchipper. :rolleyes:

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood.

Its only been a few hours and already I'm being bombarded with requests, and my news feed is being spammed with players activities.

Is this the way it's going to be if I allow EU players to have me on Facebook?

:bs:

sweet,

except for this, from the main site....

Connect your Entropia Universe account and allow in-game accomplishments to be published on your wall.
When you add our Facebook application we request the following extended permissions:

Post to my Wall - We can publish your accomplishments to your wall
Access my data any time - We can publish without you having to be signed on into Facebook

Disturbance with the Facebook connection solution.

Facebook has recently changed their authentication mechanisms in a way that breaks the previous connection mechanism. We are working on an update so that you will be able to connect your Entropia Universe account again soon.

Already connected accounts are not affected by this change

and then this while trying to access the entropia facebook application.....

Error
Sorry, the application you were using is misconfigured. Please try again later.

perhaps I am missing something?

Its only been a few hours and already I'm being bombarded with requests, and my news feed is being spammed with players activities.

Is this the way it's going to be if I allow EU players to have me on Facebook?

:bs:

Have you looked at the filters and how you deal with that?
or are you willing to accept unlimited requests?
It's more about who you know, and what your willing to release about you!

Do we have to create a Facebook account for our avatar? :eyecrazy:

The app seem to work on my RL Facebook, but nothing asked me for my Entropia avatar name.
And even if my RL name is not very "standard", there is a lot with the same name than me.

The way I see it, anybody can activate the app. No need of Entropia account at all.
WTF ??

Now Entropians can walk from house to house just like Jehovah's Witnesses, ringing the doorbells and telling that Lootius exists and loves you :)

What would you wear?
The classic OJ with a homemade sweat tool?
I think this may be fun.
Anyone got the draft for the Lootius version of the Bible?

Back