Question: Game download not working AGAIN

Huskie

Elite
Society
Apocalyptic Uprising
John Huskie Hunt
So, I've read that others also had this issue in this VU, that CL would get stuck downloading, size of downloaded file grows over time, DL speed shows ridiculous speeds, and the progress bar doesn't move at all.

So, I'd like to know how many others are having this problem, or if anybody who got this issue actually managed to get into the game?

Yep, 3rd day leaving CL open trying to download it and no progress at all made.

So finally, after over a year of asking support for help them doing fuck all and community actually helping me fix my download, MA goes and breaks it again. Hooray, thanks for that, MA, you bunch of idiots. I've never seen such enormous incompetence from a company before and I've seen my share of shitty lazy companies before. If it was just the CL broke again for me, yeah I'd be pissed, but at least they'd have made a bunch of bug fixes and introduced new stuff to the game, they wouldn't seem like such a bunch of knuckle draggers. But not only did more people get the same download problem this time, they also managed to break more stuff than they claimed to have fixed with this VU, and stuff that is completely unrelated to the parts of the game they changed according to update notes.

So congrats, MA and Kim, once again you have managed to stop me from getting on EU. From looking at all the shit you flung in the fan with this VU I'm really not sure I'd like to actually be playing but I had auctions going on I was really needing to check or interact with.

I wonder if Kim, being a former support person would actually do the professional thing and reply here trying to help, or is just gonna bury his head in the mound of crap MA built, like an ostrich and pretend nothing is wrong (standard MA procedure). I'm not really sure after such a huge display of incompetence if he, or anyone else from MA actually can help, but it would show a tiny little bit of professionalism after this gigantic clusterfuck.

Calm down and do whatever you did last time to get it working?

few days ago there was someone who had same problem.

i managed to get him into genesis with makeing changes to his internet router. there seemed to be a ip problem inside his home network.

i believe it can be related to general connection problems.

if the connection brake while downloading from mindark server the download hold still for a second.

when the client resume the download then the server get a /resume command which can be that the server dont handle correct and send the data to the client which was already downloaded before but the client think it is new data.

this can lead to a never ending download when connection brake from time to time again.

it happens often with FTP servers and loading large files.

have you general problems while normal surfing or downloading from the internet?
e.g. the connection slows down or hold still for some seconds until you can refresh a website?

anything like that?

Huskie, did you remove the hosts file fix from last time?

If not this may be causing problems - if you have removed it and run into trouble again, maybe try applying it again.

Calm down and do whatever you did last time to get it working?

I am pretty calm, however there's only so long I can take MA's incompetence without giving them a piece of my mind, and with this bullshit going on for over 1 year, I'm sure they're well deserving of what I said. Heck I even held back on writing more, because I didn't want the post to get deleted.

And yes, obviously I have tried the fix from last time.

few days ago there was someone who had same problem.

i managed to get him into genesis with makeing changes to his internet router. there seemed to be a ip problem inside his home network.

i believe it can be related to general connection problems.

if the connection brake while downloading from mindark server the download hold still for a second.

when the client resume the download then the server get a /resume command which can be that the server dont handle correct and send the data to the client which was already downloaded before but the client think it is new data.

this can lead to a never ending download when connection brake from time to time again.

it happens often with FTP servers and loading large files.

have you general problems while normal surfing or downloading from the internet?
e.g. the connection slows down or hold still for some seconds until you can refresh a website?

anything like that?

No, my internet works absolutely perfectly with everything else. We have established last time we fixed this problem that the issue is on MA's side, not mine. They simply managed to fuck something up about the client loader with this VU. Last VUs went just fine, just this one is this fucking nightmare, so it's not just because the game updated.

I'm fairly sure the reason there aren't more people from Brazil playing EU is because the client loader picks a broken server for the people here, since it's based on location. I already notified MA of this, and edited a file in windows to force my CL to connect to a different server, which fixed the problem last time. I have no idea what they managed to screw up this time.

Huskie, did you remove the hosts file fix from last time?

If not this may be causing problems - if you have removed it and run into trouble again, maybe try applying it again.

I tried both with and without that file, to no avail. No idea what they fucked up this time, cause when I try pinging the server I get pretty normal results with no packet loss at all yet it still won't download. I got an error message once or twice after leaving it running for who knows how long and it seems to be those stupid shared_platform .pak files' fault, still.

Last edited:
I tried both with and without that file, to no avail. No idea what they fucked up this time, cause when I try pinging the server I get pretty normal results with no packet loss at all yet it still won't download. I got an error message once or twice after leaving it running for who knows how long and it seems to be those stupid shared_platform .pak files' fault, still.

Try replacing dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com with dl.entropiauniverse.com - i guess you have tried all the usual suspects already (repair tool, full reinstall,...)

Try replacing dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com with dl.entropiauniverse.com - i guess you have tried all the usual suspects already (repair tool, full reinstall,...)

Yeah, tried running it with all those three lines in the hosts file, now my CL shows the download size steadily increasing like .5 MB every second, instead of just changing once every ~5 minutes randomly, but still no download progress is being made, and the repair tool shows that there's only 196 kB worth of data missing for all the planets.

Guess it's time for another (forced) break from EU, only wish I could let my soc know why I haven't been logging in lately.

Edit: inteersting, now I'm getting the error message from the file it's trying to download from just letting it run a minute or two, instead of 12+ hours.

Try making a "guest" account for windows, and start updating from there

So I tried moving the .pak files that the CL couldn't finish downloading to try and force it to redownload them from scratch: no cigar, CL just keeps trying to download the remaining 196kB for some reason.
Tried tampering with versions.txt file to trigger repair tool to happen: repair tool triggers, CL tries to download new version.txt file but downloads 62b when the .txt file is only 44b in size, after a while gets and error saying src doesn't match expected one. Now I can't make it get past downloading the version.txt file... *sigh*

Can anybody tell me what their current version.txt file says? I didn't really expect this to need a backup, since I've done it before and it always worked fine, but I underestimated MA's capabilities of fucking things up.

Can anybody tell me what their current version.txt file says? I didn't really expect this to need a backup, since I've done it before and it always worked fine, but I underestimated MA's capabilities of fucking things up.

[VersionInfo]
CurrentVersion=12.5.5.95224

I am pretty calm, however there's only so long I can take MA's incompetence without giving them a piece of my mind, and with this bullshit going on for over 1 year, I'm sure they're well deserving of what I said. Heck I even held back on writing more, because I didn't want the post to get deleted.

And yes, obviously I have tried the fix from last time.

No, my internet works absolutely perfectly with everything else. We have established last time we fixed this problem that the issue is on MA's side, not mine. They simply managed to fuck something up about the client loader with this VU. Last VUs went just fine, just this one is this fucking nightmare, so it's not just because the game updated.

I'm fairly sure the reason there aren't more people from Brazil playing EU is because the client loader picks a broken server for the people here, since it's based on location. I already notified MA of this, and edited a file in windows to force my CL to connect to a different server, which fixed the problem last time. I have no idea what they managed to screw up this time.

hello thanks for reply.

that is good hint.

theres a new player on arkadia which solved the problem by useing a proxy to get it downloaded.

so the server think he come from another location.

the person is living in poland. so other area than you but the locations seem really involved.

theres a new player on arkadia which solved the problem by useing a proxy to get it downloaded.

so the server think he come from another location.

the person is living in poland. so other area than you but the locations seem really involved.

That's actually the same as the hosts file fix i've told him.

Maybe it's time to use another IP though.

Gave this crap a try again, and it never ceases to amaze me how shitty EU's client loader is. So, on the options I had only Calypso ticked for download back when I was still trying to get in. Today I leave CL running and here is the error message I get:

clerror.jpg

So basically I can't get in Calypso, because the retarded client loader is having a problem downloading a vehicle from RT (WTF RT didn't even make any new vehicles or change previous ones), eventhough I only set it to download Calypso content.

Way to go MA.

Also props to Kim for completely ignoring this entire issue, despite me sending him a private message AND telling EU support what is wrong with their CL and how to fix it.

Is changing your ISP an option because a) no one else appears to have this problem and b) your ISP seems to be crap.

That's my (admittedly non techy) reply.

Is changing your ISP an option because a) no one else appears to have this problem and b) your ISP seems to be crap.

That's my (admittedly non techy) reply.

It's not an option, because it's not the issue. It has been verified in my previous thread that the problem is in MA's side (by pinging their servers and tracing where and why I was getting no response from). Not to mention ISP has nothing to do with that piece of shit client loader not being able to start EU because it's having trouble downloading a file it's not even supposed to download.

This issue is based on location. I know for a fact most of the players from Brazil I've seen in EU barely speak english, and thus don't even read forums and wouldn't make it public that they're having the same issue. Most brazillians (if it's really only affecting Brazil and not the entire South America) who would want to try EU out get problems at download and immediately give up on EU before even logging in. This is a bigger issue than just me not getting in, and those morons at MA do nothing about it.

Back