Mindark is listed as a Cryengine 3 licensee...

which is why kim|Mindark has these awesome screenshots of entropia in Cryengine 3 in his profile on PCF..
check his gallery.

Where does it say CE3 on there?

isn't it obvious?
there's no way cryengine2 could manage to get that level of detail.
talk alone about the shading

hell maybe i'm wrong,
but personally i assume it's cryengine 3

isn't it obvious?
there's no way cryengine2 could manage to get that level of detail.
talk alone about the shading

The recent ones are of the new athena area, nothing was said about ce3 when he posted them were just posted as previews of his work on the new athena area.

If ma is planning on upgrading eu to ce3, the complications could be huge, as its a whole new engine, remember vu10?

Oh good, now we just have to wait 2-3 years for the implementation :yup:

The recent ones are of the new athena area, nothing was said about ce3 when he posted them were just posted as previews of his work on the new athena area.

If ma is planning on upgrading eu to ce3, the complications could be huge, as its a whole new engine, remember vu10?

Lol, I'm sure its much easy to change from cryengine 2 to cryengine 3 than from gamebryo to cryengine 2.

CE3 is just an updated CE2 and I'm sure they use a very similar codebase so not much modification would be needed.

Its still quite some work converting over, i read on the crydev forums that at the least, everything has to be retextured to import ce2 stuff into ce3.

Still, doesnt matter what i think, just posted in hope maybe someone from ma can shead some light on being listed there, and if not, share my find :)

I only wanted to say that a transition from the poorly coded and optimized CryEngine2 to the awesome with even DX11 support CryEngine3 would be EPIC.

;)

A lot of people did the effort to update their computers by changing their graphic card, or simply get a new computer...

I doubt the whole players will be very happy to buy another computer each time there is a so called new revolutionary graphic engine...

I thought the main differences between CE2 and CE3 were simply that CE3 works on consoles, has easier world building and is slightly better in some parts of graphics? :scratch2:

A lot of people did the effort to update their computers by changing their graphic card, or simply get a new computer...

I doubt the whole players will be very happy to buy another computer each time there is a so called new revolutionary graphic engine...

Cryengine 2 -> 3 requirements change would be small. One day, dx9 and xp will not be enough any more... now that will be a big change.

Actually CryEngine3 has lower requirements, since it can be run on consoles.

win/win CE3

I certainly hope CE3 will be implemented, the sooner the better.

Regarding new features and such, I don't really care. When all is said and done, I would have been happy staying with gamebryo, but the codebase certainly is desirable over CE2, which really is a big mess under the hood.

I certainly hope CE3 will be implemented, the sooner the better.

Regarding new features and such, I don't really care. When all is said and done, I would have been happy staying with gamebryo, but the codebase certainly is desirable over CE2, which really is a big mess under the hood.

wonder if that's where the 6 million is going to go?

AFAIK, CE3 actually runs better than CE2 on most systems. CE2 was very poorly optimized to run on any hardware.

LOL...that is so true Akbar.

The worst part was buying a graphics card for an old PC and then finding out EU still didn't run very well, then hit the shops again the same day to get brand new kit. LOL. how many times have I done that over the years.

Load damn it EU..load. Move to cryengine was a big shock to my bank balance (back in the day).

PC World need to pay EU commission.

I heard it said that it's sometimes the user holding back developement. I think my latest kit is up for anything, bring it on!!!

Rick

Rick

Somewhere? Its everywhere!

I mean you are reading the site wrong.
For me it says "Here are some companies that has license to use CryEngine: MindArk..."
It doesn't say "MindArk has license to use CryEngine 3" or "MindArk will use CryEngine 3 soon"

Nighthawk: I thought the main differences between CE2 and CE3 were simply that CE3 works on consoles, has easier world building and is slightly better in some parts of graphics?

I think you are right.

And one more thing. MindArk are using not the regular CE2 editor. They are using modified CE2 editor made for them wich may be way better than the regular CE3 editor or the same.
So don't hold your breath for CE3. First we got the same quality now (may be not fully implemented yet becouse we don't have PCs and bandwith from NASA. And second we will probably skip CE3 and go to CE4 or CE5. But not soon.

LOL...that is so true Akbar.

The worst part was buying a graphics card for an old PC and then finding out EU still didn't run very well, then hit the shops again the same day to get brand new kit. LOL. how many times have I done that over the years.

Load damn it EU..load. Move to cryengine was a big shock to my bank balance (back in the day).

PC World need to pay EU commission.

I heard it said that it's sometimes the user holding back developement. I think my latest kit is up for anything, bring it on!!!

Rick

Rick

Oh the pain! I looked at minimum requirements for Cry 2 and figured ok my system can handle that....

4 Frames per minute was the result...off to buy/build new system same day :(

It looks like taming is going to be pushed back for another three years.

Just noticed that Mindark is listed as a Cryengine 3 licensee....

http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=70

:scratch2:

EDIT:

Also listed under this link: http://mycryengine.com/index.php?conid=43

WOW, man you made my day! Read this:

CryENGINE Free Use
You can use CryENGINE 3 for free in educational facilities, even if you are charging tuition. We have always offered our engine for free to educators, but now individual students can also freely download the engine and use if to learn about real-time 3D development.CryENGINE 3 is also free for non-commercial use; if you are distributing your game or application for free (and not charging for your work in producing it, whether directly or indirectly), no additional license is required.

Lol, I'm sure its much easy to change from cryengine 2 to cryengine 3 than from gamebryo to cryengine 2.

CE3 is just an updated CE2 and I'm sure they use a very similar codebase so not much modification would be needed.

Last two platform updates has screwed things up. Do you think changing cryengine wont?

I thought the main differences between CE2 and CE3 were simply that CE3 works on consoles, has easier world building and is slightly better in some parts of graphics? :scratch2:

That is the only difference.

Folks on this forum would rather bellyache about fantasies than calmly enjoy reality.

Oh good, now we just have to wait 2-3 years for the implementation :yup:

Good. I am not ready to buy a new PC to be able to play EU, again.

Back