FYI: Beware of rip off prices at Swamp Camp

Az Bloodz

Elite
Society
kAoS
Az Lammbock Bloodz
Lately I've seen more and more people trying to rip off the newcomers at Swamp Camp. They are aiming for people not knowing about other places to sweat like Nea's Place and are offering extremely low prices. To conceal their actual price some are talking about 'TT+2000%'. Since they are the only buyers around the PA area at some times some might even fall for this. That's not another 'don't sell for less than 100000000 PED/k' thread I am talking about prices such as 0.4 PED/k ("Goblin") and 0.5PED/K ("John Wraith Chiz").
Just make sure to educate yourself and even more important other people especially newcomers without telling them an utopic price since many just want to sell sweat without standing around for months.

yeah i tried to get Goblin to disclose his price he was buying at and all he would say was that it was a good price a Goblin price etc

What a rip off merchant, i will tell people to stay clear of him if i see him broadcasting to buy sweat again

Although I very much appreciate this thread, every warning is good (especially concerning new players), but aren't you breaking forum rules here by stating the names in your opening post?

Although I very much appreciate this thread, every warning is good (especially concerning new players), but aren't you breaking forum rules here by stating the names in your opening post?

As far as I know these rules applied to breaking the EULA. I mean they did nothing illegal so I am not sure...

Who cares?:scratch2:

They're just newbs trying to make a start @ trading, most traders starting out naturaly that dont depo 500$ for trading do this.

When i mentor people and they want to become a trader, this is exactly what I tell them to do: "go to newb swamp camp and buy LOW, much less competition there and easier to make some money since people are willing to sell for lower then @ twins, it gives you some nice practice with trading without having to invest a ton of PED"

Buy LOW sell HIGH, whats wrong with that? Its called a free market. Nothing different from people buying and reselling ores/CLD's, vehicles, ETC.

The newbs should be thankful there is somebody there offering to buy their crap from them, or they can go trying to sell for 2ped/K for days on end, or they can go sell to the TT(always a fair price!).

Nobody is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to sell for cheap.

Stop flaming people for trying to make some PED on reselling...

While it may be bad what they are doing... Just remember, manipulating the market can be considered against the eula, and posting threads like this which seem to indicate that the price you think is the price everyone should pay all the time, etc. can be seen as just as manipulative of the market in some ways by some people...

Also be careful since I think there's a forum rule somewhere about name calling in relationship to scams, but the mods are too busy with Wizzszz to deal with moderating at the moment?

ITS THE ATTACK OF THE MARKET MANIPULATORS!!! RUN EVERY1!!!!!!1one!11!!!!!!
5053295_f496.jpg

Who cares?:scratch2:

I do. The people I meet do and the people finding out about they can get 3 times as much for their sweat. It's ripping off and it's not nice. Also ruining the reputation of the reseller.

They're just newbs trying to make a start @ trading, most traders starting out naturaly that dont depo 500$ for trading do this.

I appreciate people trying out trading. There are many fair traders out there offering a good price and making a tiny profit. Offering 1/3 what it's worth in hope of a totally unaware newcomer falls for this is so freaking wrong. Trying to fool other people is not the way to go neither ingame nor in real life.

When i mentor people and they want to become a trader, this is exactly what I tell them to do: "go to newb swamp camp and buy LOW, much less competition there and easier to make some money since people are willing to sell for lower then @ twins, it gives you some nice practice with trading without having to invest a ton of PED"

Wow I do not know the opposite of advertising but you are definately doing this.

Buy LOW sell HIGH, whats wrong with that? Its called a free market. Nothing different from people buying and reselling ores/CLD's, vehicles, ETC.

The newbs should be thankful there is somebody there offering to buy their crap from them, or they can go trying to sell for 2ped/K for days on end, or they can go sell to the TT(always a fair price!).

Nobody is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to sell for cheap.

Stop flaming people for trying to make some PED on reselling...

Well taking advantage of the lack of knowledge is wrong in my opinion so I try to educate people about that. You are suggesting there is ony the 0.5/k rip off price and the 2.0/k utopia price but in fact you can easily sell at 1.8 which is more than 3 times as much as the generous offer by your disciples. Hope you ain't mentoring many people.

Couple of points.

There is a link to the rules page at the bottom of every single forum pave. Feel free to glance through them.

As for this thread, trying to buy as cheap as possible or selling for scary high prices is not scamming. The anfi-scamming rule is meant for thing like "borrowing" items then selling them for personal profit.

It's fine to let sweaters know better prices may be possible but don't call the other buyers scammers. If I goto Twin at the wrong time, I either sell my mining loot for lowest possible price, or wait a few hours for a buyer with better rates. Same thing here.

better to get ripp off some sweat crap and get a good lesson , than learn it the hard way latter on bigger things...
anyway , its part og leaning curve , like IRL

It's fine to let sweaters know better prices may be possible but don't call the other buyers scammers. If I goto Twin at the wrong time, I either sell my mining loot for lowest possible price, or wait a few hours for a buyer with better rates. Same thing here.

^excatly, dont go flaming traders just because you dont agree with the price they are paying.

i.e.: i go to the farmers market and buy hash for 5$ per gram, sell it to the marijuana dispensaries @ 8$ a gram, then they sell it to the customer @ 15$ a gram..... is that scamming??? no its farking business.

or... if you are are buying a car and are haggling with the car-dealer and get an AMAZING price, did you just scam him??? no, you just got a good price.

I am pretty sure I did not use the word scammer but feel free to quote me if I missed this. Just don't like taking advantage of someone new guess you got a different point of view here. You teach people how to ruin one's own reputation for a few PEC and I try to teach people how to get a better price for their work.

This game is all about knowledge and research. If a guy doesn't mind to sell the product of several hours of his work to the first person he met without doing a little research first, oh well... Of course you can save him this time, but guess what mistake he might do next with the attitude like that? (hint: it involves Mann MPH and E-Amp 15) Better let him lose a ped now and learn the lesson than lose hundreds of peds later and leave in horror.

I am pretty sure I did not use the word scammer but feel free to quote me if I missed this....

My apologies, in regards to the "scammer" comment and the forum rules, I was replying to the posts made by others as an off-topic discussion was breaking out.

My comment to you was about the whole reason for this thread, as I said. If it's just "hey guys, try to find buyers that offer more" it's one thing. But actively saying someone's a scoundrel for buying "too low", that's frankly offensive and uncalled for.

My apologies. Next time I'll try to better explain who I'm replying to. I made that post on my cell phone in haste.

Back