Question: 370 textures to max?

BlueBoy

Old Alpha
Carloz BlueBoy DeFortisimo
I thought that 323 was the max textures for each field to get the max (100%) fill. And that might still be so.

However when i messed around with texturing the other day and was going to checking the info of a stack of 323 textures to see how much % I was up in (success rate), I by misstake targeted a stack of 400 textures... and it had 1% more success rate than the 323. I tested to remove some and it showed that I got one additional % unit at 370 textures.

Change was from 98% (323 textures) and 99% (370 textures).

So question is if someone out there noticed if 323 textures OR colors now adays can result in 99% or even 98% fill at some points when applying to item. Someone noticed? Or is it just a bug in the calc for success rate formula in info window?

/Oz

323 in all fields, otherwise you risk to get 99% even in those where you had 323.

So even if you wanted to texture only 1 field, you still have to do something with others to get guaranteed 100%. There was a test by Summer that proves it.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this as well. If your skills are low or insufficient, adding more textures increases your average results, right?

I think it has to do with the chance of succes bar that don't display rounding decimals when trying to texturize an item to get 100% succes because looking at 323 textures it displays indeed 99%, maybe they fixed the rounding of decimals on this?

It used to display for example with 323 textures a 100% succes but it might be say 99.6% and the system round it up to 100% wich leads to the 99.6% when added textures on clothing/items, so my guess is they may have fixed that and round it to 99% instead of 100%.

Also with paint cans there is a difference too in applying for the 100% succes rate when I checked.

Edit: I tested with Orange paint (maxed) 530 cans and it still displays 99%, maybe indeed a bug?

Last edited:
No, only texture/pigment enhancers do. 10 enhancers per every level you're lack of, afaik.

This is another thing that I'm not sure of after I tested it.. cause in that case 5 enhancers should add a half level from where I was in skills at the time, right? So if I was lvl 10 and wanted to apply a texture that maxes on lvl 10.5, then 5 enhancers should give me 100% success rate, right? And it did not do that for me last time I tested.

I have to admit I was a bit tired though so could have looked at wrong profession bar or something noobish like that. So if you have tested it latley I'm happy to stand corrected in this case. :)

/Oz

323 in all fields, otherwise you risk to get 99% even in those where you had 323.

So even if you wanted to texture only 1 field, you still have to do something with others to get guaranteed 100%. There was a test by Summer that proves it.

Thanks, but this I knew. It was the successrate in info that changed by one % unit when I checked the a stack with over 370 in it. So my question was if it was just bug or realy could effect the outcome when applied to an item.

Entropia is in constand motion and MA tweak in any way they want so I just got curious if this was tweak or bug. :)

Silvia: Thanks for answer. You might be onto something there. :)

we did test, 901 cans COS 99%, 902 cans COS 100%
but also consider here that it prolly is 99,6% instead 100% from the decimals.
so to get the remaining 0,4% is a bigger gap then previous.

so atm 265 cans is the start of 99,00%
901 cans would be 99,50%
902 cans would be 99,51% roundingup to show 100%
not sure ofc where the roundingup is starting, some differences seen before.
so assuming that's it corect what i say alot more can's would be needed to garantee a 100% applying, because sometimes you will see COS 100% and still see lower % after applying for instance 99,8% applied. you know what i mean ;)
i did this test with Orange, but as far i know the amounts stay the same for all colors and textures after maxing them.

so let's hope this is a bug, because the gap for just that 1% is realy huge.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i've maxed a texture or color (SIB reads "Not Anymore") 323 cans or squares has never failed to get me 100%.

Outside of that it all seems to be a bit of the usual EU gamble that things MIGHT work they way that someone hinted they should. Or not.

just sayin...

I'm only level 9 in either profession anyways.

Check the colour/Texture SIB charts. 323 cans of paint or 323 textures will always give you 100%. But if your skills are not high enough it is a gamble. To be safe if u don't have the skills then you need to compensate with enhancers.
For example I am level 15 texturer. I am at SIB for Tiarak texture. To max it I need to be at 17, so I need to add 323 textures and 20 texture enhancers to get 100%
That's 10 for each level you are below the max see SIB charts summer and LeeLoo did!

Adding shit loads of paint and texture when u don't have the skill is a recipe for under 100%

Cheers
Bjorn
Level 35 colourer
Level 15 texturer

I added 1 texture of Tezlepod to something once and got 23% and I had nowhere close to the skill level to do it. No enhancers either. :girl:

Check the colour/Texture SIB charts. 323 cans of paint or 323 textures will always give you 100%.

that was the point of this thread, it has changed or at least it's a bug, we all know that 323 will give 100% COS. but when this thread was started it was not giving 100% anymore with 323 like it did before,it just showed 99% COS. and we are speaking about COS and not the applied %.
so the test was with MAXED color or texture, and not with SIB on it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was the point of this thread, it has changed or at least it's a bug, we all know that 323 will give 100% COS. but when this thread was started it was not giving 100% anymore with 323 like it did before,it just showed 99% COS. and we are speaking about COS and not the applied %.
so the test was with MAXED color or texture, and not with SIB on it anymore.

Was just about to type the same thing, but Jan typed it better. :wise: It was the recent change (hopefully bug) that was my topic. And when it comes to charts and such they might be all wrong after just one VU so I'm never sure about anything. ;) After all MA tweaked the coloring system more than once over time. :) BUT as I said... I think/hope this is a bug.

/OZ

Late responce from me as I haven't checked the forums for a while, but the CoS of 99% showing for 323 textures is normal and not a recent bug. I've explained it about a year ago somewhere in Summer's thread.

The term succes rate in game is very misleading, as it is actually the average saturation percentage you can expect and not the chance to apply something perfectly.

The game always rounds down that succes rate, so 99% is actualy 99.XXX average saturation.
In the case of 323 textures, the number is very close to 100, and upon application it will be rounded normally to the nearest decimal. So for example 99.976 will give a 100% result.

It will almost always come out as 100%, but there is always a small risk of it coming out lower. This has already been confirmed by several texturers/colorers in the past.

The amount of fields you color/texture on an item has no effect on the outcome at all, even with all fields covered it's possible to get a <100% result.
I've actually had that happen during one of my amount testing runs (and in combination with others also reporting <100% results that was enough for me to go back to using 325/field for perfection because that amount has never failed for me, or anyone else I know of yet. Saving just a fraction of the costs just wasn't worth the added risk for me personally... but that's something everyone should decide for themselves).
In game, you will not see a 100% succesrate unless you use 902 cans/field, so any amount below that theoretically has a tiny fail chance. But it's a lot cheaper to settle for a much lower amount that will almost always give 100% results and just reapply it if it should fail =)

As for enhancers, I have no clue. It's always cheaper to have someone with enough skills apply something so I never tested it. But I do remember from Masha's old website that she stated the result would be close to 100%, but never 100% when applying textures with enhancers.

textures at 100%

hey brad colouring service here yes wat they have figured out 323 is for 100% success but there a chance u get 95- 100% success i use 330 i always got 100% i never failed on 330 so i hope this helps

Must confirm everyting from Dessy's thread, when maxed the paint/tex I always get a 100% result using 325.

When using 323 and you have it maxed there is always a possibility of ending at 98%

So if a customer asks me for 100% I use 325 without taking any risks.

If the colorer didn't max the paint you need to use 10 enhancers to go 1% up, so very costly.

Last edited:
I understand all this about getting 100% But say I'm skilling ... will putting 30 in all fields fro 3 times give the same skill gain as putting in 90 once.. This is of course theoritical but I guess you get the point ..
Point being do I go for 100% all the time when skilling and get the same amount of gain as ûttingin several smaller amounts ??

Thx

I understand all this about getting 100% But say I'm skilling ... will putting 30 in all fields fro 3 times give the same skill gain as putting in 90 once.. This is of course theoritical but I guess you get the point ..
Point being do I go for 100% all the time when skilling and get the same amount of gain as ûttingin several smaller amounts ??

Thx

My socmate (18 lvl texturizer) just failed to get 100% 3 times in a row using 330 textures :( Don't dare to experiment how long the fail streak can be, especially since it's tiarak.

Think it depends on the lvl

Clicking 325 tex in 3 fields always give me 100% if I use 323 I might fail and have 1 field 98%

I'm material designer lvl24

Back