PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dominant
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the land of Dorothy and Toto, before the Tornado
    Dakin Gaz Garos
    Society
    Freelancer
    Well, I have played on average 6-12 hours a day since the Robot event started, have heaps of the regular components, deposited huge to fund the amount of robot hunting, and I am sure I am one of many that has done so, with no glimpse of getting onto the list. I love the game, that's why I play, but never ever having had an uber loot, and not getting lucky to be the random person to get an event prize, it seems that my time and effort is mostly wasted. I just get a bitter taste in my mouth when I see the same names with the top prizes in their hands all the time. They don't need or even want them, other than to try to sell them for massive amounts of ped. It's not too impressive that Charlie comments to defend the list as well. Why is it that the ubers end up with the top prizes Charlie, consistently in every event. It's as another poster said, they were lucky enough to play in the early days, and now no one can compete with the chosen few. I would like to hear a few comments from the PC team on that issue.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    How would you stop ubers getting the prizes though, selective loot based on skill?

If the items in question has a high tt value (compared to the general stackables, no idea on this case) then the loot distribution will normally give it to the player doing the highest damage especially when split stacks are taken into account and only singles drop of them.

Even then the player doing the most damage will likely take a single item stack of anything regardless of tt value. So having the highest HP, best armor and high DPS weapons will always be a massive advantage.

So the event items ending up going to the ubers isn't that surprising it's a function of the loot system thats been around for a long time.

And we've seen the past where multiple event items end up in the hands of one player so seeing it again this time shouldn't be such a surprise. It happened with the Nvidia cards in 2008 and the coins after that.

Nvidia Box Number 3
    Last edited by SpikeBlack; 05-08-2012 at 23:20.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

Dominant
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the land of Dorothy and Toto, before the Tornado
    Dakin Gaz Garos
    Society
    Freelancer
    Well, if doing the most DPS is always going to give them the advantage, then what's the polint of participating in the events. Why don't they just hand out the prizes to the chosen few, and be done with it. Why? Because they count on those of us that are foolish enough to pump the dollars in to have a very small chance of getting in on something good. I guess I would like to see one event go on, that doesn't have the same names in the top spots, just ONE! I don't know how you would address the issues, but it certainly doesn't make sense in it's current form. Still no comment from the Dev's either.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Spike Spike Black
    Society
    Entropia Directory
    Images
    The only way to do something like that would be to use a similar system to the pvp hub on Cyrene i.e. everyone limited to the same HP, Armor and weaponry but even then skills may affect it so those would have to be equalised as well.

At which point the ubers will be whining that it's not fair on them as they spent thousands of dollars and vast amounts of time to get where they are only be equalised to a newbie during an event.

Shared loot is no different to stack share based on damage done in the team rules.
    Last edited by SpikeBlack; 05-09-2012 at 13:59.
    "I hope one day I love something the way women in commercials love yogurt" - It's a Gundam
    "You know when you're old. You walk past a night club and no one offers you a flyer" - Greg Davies.
    <raptr sig was here until it started causing security issues in chrome>

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie|Calypso View Post
    And it's also a very selective list, leaving out the stuff not looted by ubers like IMP ml-45, angel harness, speech emulation unit(s), just to name a few things that have popped up on the forum. Wont give any names but I guess I can also say that atleast 2 exceptional contraction units have been looted by non ubers.

Just becasue things are not on the discovery list or the looter doesn't tell everyone does not mean things aren't looted.
    I can only list what i know of (not the angel harness/2 ecu's), and afaik the ones you list were looted after my post (imp45, seu's). Good to see there's some ppl finding nice items.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xaph
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My time is restricted by RL, I had a go and I passed on the spoils. I dont really give a 'rats ass' about bickering...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6