FYI: No more no looters ...

No I'm not. Read my posts a bit slower so you understand them.
If you don't like a system, don't use it. But if you really want to make a poster and occupy Gothenburg, do it. MA really hurried up on fixing taming when the tamers started whining right?

{removed}you think "Don't play the game if you dislike it" will make everyone stop hunting and start a coloring business.

You give a suggestion on a thread dicussing a problem in general and then explain the suggestion is only applicable when not everyone follows it.
{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres only 3 professions. None of the other fair any better. So what is your suggestion?

Well I approach the game as if I hunt, mine or craft I am taking my chances of coming out ahead. There is that randomized factor that says I could end up with very little or get lucky and get that big score.

To play safer don't do those 3 things become a trader, buy some land and manage it, etc. Turn the game into a business. I'd rather just play the chance game myself and take that risk of not breaking even all the time. I am going to get that huge HoF one of these days, I know I will :p

As for no more no looters, that is a joke, I get them all the time. I do think having no looters do help with getting you that one good loot though as others have pointed out. I'd rather have 6 no looters in a row and get that high tt limited item drop then getting loot all the time and when that limited item drops it being only few ped worth of value. Just my take on this whole thing.

If you don't enjoy something, don't do it, do something else....

I have been, I've been playing Halo 3 again and Gears of War 3 on Hardcore difficulty while getting all the secret items :yay:

Typical noob post - skill up a bit and watch your loot go downhill. And until then, better don't comment on loot, because, seriously, you aint seen nothing yet.

Dude i have almost double your skill!
Your 160k is not more then my 238k
;););)

It is unbelievable!

EU players are never happy!

You know... this may be a bit off topic, but this is an interesting statement.

I wonder if the very thing that makes Entropia "unique" (Real Cash economy) is also the very thing that causes the most dissatisfaction among is't playerbase?

It sounds like an impossible situation for MindArk to make people happy. However, I guess it doesn't matter as long as MA keeps making money.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you only read the opening post before replying, if you're thinking people are being naive about this.

:laugh:

I apologise if it was mis-understood. I wasn't insulting anyone. It was just a general term meant that its not going to really be any better, you just wont notice it due to the message being gone generally whilst looting.
At no point was i actually calling people naive, merely saying dont assume by reading the title

Regards
Liz x

Hey, I apologize for the thread revival, but regarding no loots, did MA ever actually endeavor to end the "This creature carried no loot"? It was the number one choice among poll options, indeed that was one of my top reasons for being inactive in-game for long stretches. My reason for the revival is only to say that I get *plenty* of no-loots, and just as plenty "might as well BE no-loots", such as fragments.

Since I was on one of my usual hiatuses and just logged in again the past month for my usual pre-Christmas hunting, was there any point to having the survey only to ignore the poll responders' number one complaint about the reason of their playing inactivity?

The first thing that came to my mind was, why are they asking this question now? Has MA seen a drop off in active players to such an extent that this survey was needed?

I mean, if everything was great, why would they say, "The purpose of the survey is to rank the main reasons why participants become inactive."

First thing that came to my mind, as well. I responded to the survey because I'm an example of the player they're directly targeting with the survey. #'s 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8 are all reasons I replied were contributing to my inactivity and long hiatuses.

Hey, I apologize for the thread revival, but regarding no loots, did MA ever actually endeavor to end the "This creature carried no loot"? It was the number one choice among poll options, indeed that was one of my top reasons for being inactive in-game for long stretches. My reason for the revival is only to say that I get *plenty* of no-loots, and just as plenty "might as well BE no-loots", such as fragments.

Since I was on one of my usual hiatuses and just logged in again the past month for my usual pre-Christmas hunting, was there any point to having the survey only to ignore the poll responders' number one complaint about the reason of their playing inactivity?

The no loots never bothered me, if every mob dropped loot there would be less globals and HOF's

3 mobs with 20 peds each

or 2 no looters with a 3rd mob = 60ped global

loot is still the same, but to get rid of no looters and have every mob dropping loot DOESNT mean you loot will imporve, but hey, you get what you wish for!!

PS those that voted for this are stupid IMHO

loot is still the same, but to get rid of no looters and have every mob dropping loot DOESNT mean you loot will imporve, but hey, you get what you wish for!!

Well, I'm far from stupid, my friend, and I remember a time when every mob had loot of some sort. When "no loot" was implemented, a number of times the system had glitches at certain times causing "no loot" to happen on EVERY mob you killed. Of course, it was fixed, but the fact remains that if you implement a system like that, it can and will fail, and that doesn't benefit the player.

PS Don't be calling people stupid who've been around a lot longer and have a greater understanding of the game's history, bugs and all, than you have.

Ok we all know it wont make our long term TT return changed I suppose, so I wouldnt take it as a slap in a face as usually :)

Ppl talking about getting lower value Globs and HOFs, but I think it will not be truth. We talking about PECs here... Instead of nolooter, u get 1ammo and oil for example, u will not get 25pedder. So the globs will be about 0,1% lower maybe. Nothing to bother about.

On the other hand, when u get 10 nolooters straight, man can get seriously demotivated. Esp when u new to the "game".

I think its ok, sh!t happens and we can move on, maybe hoping that the loottable rebalance will turn out ok in 1 year from now.

Well, I'm far from stupid, my friend, and I remember a time when every mob had loot of some sort. When "no loot" was implemented, a number of times the system had glitches at certain times causing "no loot" to happen on EVERY mob you killed. Of course, it was fixed, but the fact remains that if you implement a system like that, it can and will fail, and that doesn't benefit the player.

PS Don't be calling people stupid who've been around a lot longer and have a greater understanding of the game's history, bugs and all, than you have.

lol, my forum account date has nothing to do with when my PE account was created, so dont assume you have so much more wisdom ;)

But i still stand by what i said, those that VOTED the no looters as the top problem in EU, and the main reason for the quitting are stupid, do you really think mindark are gona go ' oh we better put more loot in to get rid of the no looters?'

ofc they wont, they will just take a little of the loot from every other mob, so the loot will stay the same. Having the no looters removed will not improve loot returns, and everyone voting for that with out thinking about what they where voting for have given mindark an easy solution to fix, avoiding other more important things IMHO.

But like i say you get what you wish for

lol, my forum account date has nothing to do with when my PE account was created, so dont assume you have so much more wisdom ;)

Neither, mine. I was member of two other Entropia forums before joining this one, not to mention a chat channel that pre-dated those. I've seen all your uploaded images; if those are any indication of your longevity in-game, I'll stand by my assumptions. ;)

Neither, mine. I was member of two other Entropia forums before joining this one, not to mention a chat channel that pre-dated those. I've seen all your uploaded images; if those are any indication of your longevity in-game, I'll stand by my assumptions. ;)

hahaha, you are fun, ok you got me im two month old noob because i dont have old screenshots up, and im not a forum whore.

Ok i take back what i said, ill join your side, MA PLZ TAKE AWAY THE NO LOOTERS THIS WILL MAKE US ALL RICHER AND WE WILL CRY LESS AND NOT QUIT

that sarcasim incase you didnt notice

This thread has become quite stupid because someone made the stupid decision to call someone stupid. Calling people names never brought any benefits.

How about we all just drop the use of the word stupid, and return to discuss what this thread is about, or... if you have nothing on topic to say, just read what others have to say?

The no loots never bothered me, if every mob dropped loot there would be less globals and HOF's

3 mobs with 20 peds each

or 2 no looters with a 3rd mob = 60ped global

To put this back on the no-loot track and share some "average" experiences (for my avatar, anyway), I'll link to one of my blog entries. My special distaste for no-loots goes far, far beyond a few no-loots followed by a "better than average" loot.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/entry.php?516-Hunting-Retardions-*Is*-Retarded-If-You-re-Me

crazy, if you like, take some time and read through all my blog entries, some you may find quite thought-provoking. :cool:

I got fragments from a couple Argo Scavenger Elites a few nights ago. But thankfully not a "no loot" message! :rolleyes:

Back