FYI: No more no looters ...

Poor loot returns: A total of 86 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Poor loot returns" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Too many no looters: A total of 71 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Too many no loot messages" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Lack of direction or purpose: A total of 59 % of respondents either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement that "Lack of direction or purpose" was an important reason for their inactivity.
Other reasons to become inactive: "Strongly agree" or "Agree"

All of the reasons listed above are both concerns for MindArk, as well as improvement opportunities. We have already started to work hard on the three top reasons, and will soon start projects that will address most of the other points, too.

You will receive progress reports as we achieve results. Here is the first one.

Progress report no 1: "No more no looters"

Clearly, one main reason players become inactive is the many "This creature didnt carry any loot" messages. This is also the easiest one for us to remedy of the three main reasons, so this is where we begin:

Based on this, MA thinks EU players are stupid!

just MHO!

As far as Nova/Blazr vs. "No loot" is concerned.................I've preferred "no looter"

Last edited:
It does matter

option 1 : 19 * no loot, 20th loot, 200 ped gun with 115% mu
option 2 : 20 * 10 ped oils with 103% mu

There are two sides to this:
  • if you get 19 no looters, you may have left for another mob. or logged out in frustration, to not log back in months
  • nobody guarantees you will actually get a gun, not oils in that global in 20th loot

See Sand King as an example why no looters are a bad idea. Would people really kill 19 not looting sand kings if the 20th would give verybody a full esi ?

just MHO!

You failed reading comprehension. They said "one main reason" (and it is, no 2) and then decided to tackle it. Sure, it would be better if they started with no 1, but they are not claiming that they are tackling number 1 while actually tackling number two like you are implying.

Another question springs to mind... Since I am not a regular hunter, I mainly mine or craft.

What about the NRFs and unsuccessful attempts???

you failed reading comprehension. they said "one main reason" (and it is, no 2) and then decided to tackle it. Sure, it would be better if they started with no 1, but they are not claiming that they are tackling number 1 while actually tackling number two like you are implying.

lol, ty....
and (+) rep for helping me with reading comprehension :)

sorry mindark, i really like entropia. If you change the loot, and make it more fair, a big fan will come back. I promise. Until then,
good luck and hof out there.

resonate very well with me.... I just hope I dont' have to leave this game!

Personally, I don't think MA has many good options to increase over all (for entire EU player base) loot return unless there is an increase in player base.

However, they can definitely improve on the loot swing and make it more fair.

Loot swings are needed:

1. to keep it uncertain and give pleasant surprises... gambling factor.

2. and forcing players (who are able) to deposit .

make it more fair:

This is where I think MA can make substantial improvement.

Last edited:
It is exactly that. In the last few days, I have still gotten "no loot" mobs, even on creatures that really shouldn't have no looters. I have also had many that looted a hand full of Blazar fragments. How stupid do people have to be to believe that that is somehow better?

Although MA can claim that they literally Did reduce the "no loot" occurrences, functionally, it doesn't seem a whole lot different.

All this "Blazar fragments" is only a nice way to MA to say ---> No loot.

just MHO!

As far as Nova/Blazr vs. "No loot" is concerned.................I've preferred "no looter"

Ignore it because we all know that MA lives in his imagination or if you say it nicer they have their agenda.

This is hardly a surprise. The 3 main reasons is loot concerned.

I am a former player of Entropia, for me I would call it (PE) some would call it (EU) now it is (PC) :S

Anyway, this was the main reason I stop playing. Too much stress, too much frustration of camping or mining and big losses.

The answer? Ok lets give them a a couple pec's in every loot and they will shut up....

Big ATH's will still happen, and Hof's will be hard to get, there is not a fair return ration, even if I agree that not every mining, crafting or hunting run must have a profit, but too many runs with no profit? come on....
Loot was always the number 1 complain of everyone that plays Entropia.

It sad, I love Entropia, I fall in love here for a girl, I was with her (long story), I miss my friends and I miss to be alone in the wild mining and hunting. I cannot do that, I am tired of just depositing and not having a good return.

I start playing when the game went gold, and after like, 3 years, my biggest loot was 15k peds on a tower at CND. At that time CND was dropping good. It was not a ATH because they put the 100 list so it was just a hof. :mad:

I was happy ofc, 15k ped, pretty cool, but it was needed 3 years, and the release of CND to "call" the dumbs to spend money.

I might try again to come back, I keep watching the news, i keep fowling the stuff that is going on...

Until I get a proof that it is not just deposit, no profit, deposit, no profit, deposit, deposit, deposit, decay, no profit, then I keep watching the news :laugh:

Many of you dont know me, I see a lot of new names, the older "ubers" might know me and remember me. I love this, but it become impossible to play. I have other things in my life then just giving money to a company that just give me grief.

Sorry Mindark, I really like Entropia. If you change the loot, and make it more fair, a big fan will come back. I promise. Until then,
Good luck and hof out there.

I am old and i remeber you "still not uber":yup:
I can only give you a big + rep for your words.:yay::yay::yay:

You said it all, no more to say. :)

Ignore it because we all know that MA lives in his imagination or if you say it nicer they have their agenda.

I love your statement!

Old and Wise!

Yah, they spammed me too, asking "oh why are you inactive".

Anyways - since you asked nicely Ill tell ya :

1) You screwed up mining by introducing UL amps making markup drop so low that you couldnt unamp mine for no loss anymore

2) You screwed up beauty by barbyfying avatars making adjustments dull and not necessary

3) You screwed up hunting by removing beacons and not introducing them for 2 years AND high mob regen

4) You screwed up PE by dispersing playerbase to 5 planets, so that now you have 5 ghost places instead of one normal place

5) You screwed up loot system the moment you introduced "one ath a day" policy, some ppl still remember 2000 PED aths and times when 10$ was enough to play

6) You screwed up auction by introducing % instead of flat 1 PED

7) You screwed up tamers. Period.

8) You screw your investors by openly favoring one of them in something that is probably legaly pursuable (yes Im talking Neverdie / Ben Cobra Boner story, FOMA screwup etc.)

Thank you

Now, lemme see where is that goldcard of mine so I can finally cash out.

I.

I don't know which retards decided lesser no looters were better than the alternative. More no looters in no way equates to worse returns vice versa.

It definately isn't good for hunting. Great, you guys got it! Lesser chance of getting things worth anything! Bravo! More TT food for everyone :yay:

Luckily I'm a miner and not a hunter.

1) You screwed up mining by introducing UL amps making markup drop so low that you couldnt unamp mine for no loss anymore

2) You screwed up beauty by barbyfying avatars making adjustments dull and not necessary

3) You screwed up hunting by removing beacons and not introducing them for 2 years AND high mob regen

4) You screwed up PE by dispersing playerbase to 5 planets, so that now you have 5 ghost places instead of one normal place

5) You screwed up loot system the moment you introduced "one ath a day" policy, some ppl still remember 2000 PED aths and times when 10$ was enough to play

8) You screw your investors by openly favoring one of them in something that is probably legaly pursuable (yes Im talking Neverdie / Ben Cobra Boner story, FOMA screwup etc.)

Thank you

I.

WOW!!!... You too??? ... Wtf MA!!!!

Trust me ... It's bad publicity when someone says - "I played for a few weeks... But it's crap" ... But when players playing for years and years start doing so .... GOD HELP EU!!!

The game must supply several options(mobs, mining areas) for loot distribution.

Lets say for a mob that is regular no looter but when loots something should give higher loot value(more globals-hofs).

Another mob should always return loot but the globals / hofs should be limited.

Something like mining on foma/hell or the crafting slider.

BUT the main problem of the game is the 90% TT returns adding to that the extremely high variance in returns and the long time need it in order to get that 90% TT.

After 6 years of hunting i found myself to cycle 2000 peds TT in 3-4 hours. Even if i get 90% returns in every hunting session that is 200 peds loss per session. The MU on hunting is almost not existed nowdays so 20$ per 3-4 hours of gaming is totally unacceptable MA.

Seriusly sometimes it feels like theres no hope for this game whatsoever.

First i want to say i didnt get the survey from MA but i did the one Angel posted on forum.

Second thing that bothers me, MA dudes are you realy that dumb you needed a survey to point out the things that make people unpleasd with EU?
Coming up with questions that everyone who played EU for few hours will anwser in a few minutes with a predictable result, you realy needed that confirmation by making a survey? you wanted to show you care? this is just beyone me.

Also, they say "one of main reasons"?!?!?!
wtf are you playing dumb with people again?
You just skip the #1 reason, let me remind you "POOR LOOT RETURNS" and address the sand in eye reason "no looters"?!?!!?!

There is so many diffrent mobs in EU, which could all have implemented their own loot return in sense of high-risk, low-risk. Meaning not all mobs should always have loot and not all should have no looters. Just look at it, there isnt a single low-low level mob that will constantly give loot, all of them have the no-looters implemented.

Why wasnt this "fixed" earlier, i remember people being unpleased with this just as much a year ago.
In my eyes that is intentional, and they were pushing it as long as they could, now finaly when things are realy piling up to high, they decide to "fix" the issue.

People at MA, you have all mechanizms to offer the diversity that I personaly would expect from you, but youre just so far away from being succesfull at it.
Im sorry to say your "joker from the sleeve" didnt work on me, not only that, its an insult to me you even tried, MA dudes.

Waiting for MA to adress the #1 reason "poor loot returns", waitin...

frown

Well this is a f-in depressin thread....

This game does cost too much. I will continue to play, but new people may not, and that's really what is most important right now.

i also didnt get the survey, think that was to incative for a few month players.

Good way to try to get a few more ped ingame, get back some inactives, the one sthatstay are adicted wont leave.

This announcement probably would have gotten better results if they'd put more emphasis on the other, more important issues they're in the process of fixing. Instead, it just comes across as if eliminating no-looters is the best way they could think of to improve customer satisfaction.

I guess miners and crafters are not included in the no-loot reduction plan?

Thank you

I.

Some good points.

MindArk, i think it's fair to say that for most players: fragments = no loot = diablo3 here i come?
If you intend to just replace most 'no loot' with 'fragment (aka the new no loot)' then i'm not gonna be playing much. If you're working on a real solution ('average loot up', yes please) then wtg!

Why am i getting more 10-20-40-50% return runs since the introduction of CLD? Is this a way to compensate the income from CLD?

Once again ladies and gentleman, the comedy stylings of Jan Welter Timkrans! :yay::wtg:

The funniest and most entertaining schtick from Jan yet! :laugh::laugh:

Some good points.

MindArk, i think it's fair to say that for most players: fragments = no loot = diablo3 here i come?
If you intend to just replace most 'no loot' with 'fragment (aka the new no loot)' then i'm not gonna be playing much. If you're working on a real solution ('average loot up', yes please) then wtg!

Why am i getting more 10-20-40-50% return runs since the introduction of CLD? Is this a way to compensate the income from CLD?

Even then, I said that it would be this way but no one believed me ..
You do not think MA would share its profits.:lolup::lolup::lolup:

The longer I'm unable to log into EU, the less I feel like even bothering to try anymore.

I always asked myself where all that money from the gigantic sales of whatever that happen all the time goes to. Every single year there are several sales of something that goes for hundreds of thousands of dollars, but we never really see any significant improvement to the game. A couple mobs redesigned, a few very lazily designed boring space mobs, PhysX on hair and a button to not get loot window popping up all the time, all these* over the course of "just" three months, hooray! Kind of expensive new features, though, weren't they?

But hey, new features aren't as important as fixing what's already out there first, right? Oh, except this last VU was a gigantic clusterfuck that broke half the game for the first few days it was out (still broken for me, though). Guess we can scratch that possibility out of the list, then.

Is MindArk busy buying more ugly-ass castles in Europe?

*(Beacons don't count because taking something out of the game for around 4 years then re-introducing it doesn't make it "new".)

Last edited:
I got this survey. Maybe because I haven't logged in for quite a while.

The first thing that came to my mind was, why are they asking this question now? Has MA seen a drop off in active players to such an extent that this survey was needed?

I mean, if everything was great, why would they say, "The purpose of the survey is to rank the main reasons why participants become inactive."

Things are bad! I remember the day like it was yesterday "the update that introduced "no loot".Went out and shot argos and had 30 no loots in a row.Yeah it was new and they didnt have it balanced properly but its obvious no loot was a stupid idea! And lost MA thousands of paying accounts over the years since.But MA has always had the idea of "just take a bit more".

People need to not be too nieve about this, less no looters doesn't mean better overall returns. It might end up leading to smaller loots spread over larger quantities of mobs.
While they may have sorted this problem in terms of no loots, doesnt mean ur loot will be better

Liz

People need to not be too nieve about this, less no looters doesn't mean better overall returns. It might end up leading to smaller loots spread over larger quantities of mobs.
While they may have sorted this problem in terms of no loots, doesnt mean ur loot will be better

Liz

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you only read the opening post before replying, if you're thinking people are being naive about this.

:laugh:

The game must supply several options(mobs, mining areas) for loot distribution.

Lets say for a mob that is regular no looter but when loots something should give higher loot value(more globals-hofs).

Another mob should always return loot but the globals / hofs should be limited.

Something like mining on foma/hell or the crafting slider.

BUT the main problem of the game is the 90% TT returns adding to that the extremely high variance in returns and the long time need it in order to get that 90% TT.

After 6 years of hunting i found myself to cycle 2000 peds TT in 3-4 hours. Even if i get 90% returns in every hunting session that is 200 peds loss per session. The MU on hunting is almost not existed nowdays so 20$ per 3-4 hours of gaming is totally unacceptable MA.

Ok so what your saying is you find that $20 per day=$140 per week=$560 per month=$6720 per year is to much for a "game" you "LOVE"? Is THAT! what your saying? ahhhhh yah ok i get it.

Thank you

I.

I just "edit" in bold for everyone to see it !

I did cash out, I sold everything I own, tools, weapons, armors (full nemesis at the time) scopes, amps, clothes (yea Phaser is a uber naked guy now).

The only thing I still have is all my skills, I never removed any skills from my avatar, in fact I even bought some of the a few times to get others "unlocked" like that would help anyway.

So, the point is, I dont play, I still have the skills, but for me, for my current play style, I would need at least 5 to 10k peds to start, and that is not going to happen. 1st, I need to take care of my life, then 10k peds might seam not too much for much people, since 10% of the player base is all rich folks that have dad's credit card at hand. Im not. (no offense I know there are a lot of good people here that works and is able to deposit good amounts) but the fact remains. EU is a rich club game, and the only way to get money is to "invest".

I remember Neverdie, also, I remember the "circusntancies" how he did win the auction of the rock. Also, he was a former employee of MA. Ok, going out of topic and bringing back the "conspiracy theories". :p

I wish we all could go back in time to VU 6.2, now that was a blast !

So Phaser, still have all his skills, because he still believes that one day the system will be fair, I say, Phaser is really a dumb ass and live in a dream!

Wake up noob!

Back