Mission Rewards Rebalancing

Status

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
In order to provide a fair, exciting and challenging experience for all Entropia Universe participants, revised guidelines for proper balancing of mission rewards have been provided to the Planet Partners.

There are two primary goals of the new mission reward guidelines:
  • Ensure that missions reward participants adequately and fairly for the associated activity.
  • Ensure that rewards provided by missions on the different planets within Entropia Universe are in balance with one another.
These new guidelines require that the current skill and attribute rewards must be adjusted for all missions on all planets. The actual adjustment of rewards will be implemented with the Planet Partner release scheduled for August 21, 2012. After the August release, any missions already in progress will provide the adjusted rewards rather than the rewards previously given.

MindArk has encouraged Planet Partners to provide temporary spawns of mission creatures during the next several months to facilitate participants completing their current mission objectives before the rewards changes take place.

Originally Posted Here

Does not sound promising to me ):

Dont understand why you cant post the whole message Bertha ;)

There are two primary goals of the new mission reward guidelines:
•Ensure that missions reward participants adequately and fairly for the associated activity.
•Ensure that rewards provided by missions on the different planets within Entropia Universe are in balance with one another.

These new guidelines require that the current skill and attribute rewards must be adjusted for all missions on all planets. The actual adjustment of rewards will be implemented with the Planet Partner release scheduled for August 21, 2012. After the August release, any missions already in progress will provide the adjusted rewards rather than the rewards previously given.

MindArk has encouraged Planet Partners to provide temporary spawns of mission creatures during the next several months to facilitate participants completing their current mission objectives before the rewards changes take place.

More details on these changes would be nice :wise:

I think this basically means more mission tokens and a shitload less skills..

Sooo from what I read this will not be for the better, why would they else temporary spawn creatures to complete missions before August release....hmmm....I hope they will at least kick out the NOVA rewards.:girl:

Obvious attempt to boost playtime for people.

"come now and do your 10k kreltin before it gets nerfed"

Mission rewards don't need to be rebalanced.

It's the loot that needs re-balancing. And I don't mean putting one fragment in every loot so the yellow no-loot lines are gone.

/Slupor

I think this basically means more mission tokens and a shitload less skills..

If thats true i'm coming to the end of my life, what they should do is change that shitty 5k reward of nova frags. The rewards need to be better not worse.

Dont understand why you cant post the whole message Bertha ;)

Bertha is limited by the restrictions of each RSS feed. For some unknown reason the Entropia Universe news feed RSS only displays a portion of the news articles, while Calypso's news feed RSS allows the entire article to be syndicated.

I'm sorry, what? Am I not undertanding correctly, or are existing missions getting nerfed? If so, this will be a bad, bad day for Entropia...

It's already impossible for new players to reach the level of the ubers who have been around since the beginning. Now you want new players to be separated from even the high level players?

MA, you really you need to take a step back and think about what you are doing here.

Last edited:
Charlie|Calypso

Why are u not giving us answers on the current event insteed of put up this kind of info ??? :scratch2:

Dammit.

I've been doing these missions, but not just 1 at a time, have been doing all of them, over the period of their existence.

Now, by doing so, I'm not going to get the same rewards as people who have concentrated on 1 or 2 of the iron missions.

Dammit Mindark, what you playing at :(

3 or 4 months is not long enough to do them all now sigh

There wont be anything left to balance - in an empty universe - if you guys go for that "adjustment". :mad:

Another "fix" - we all know how those turn out. :dunno:

Details about what exactly will be changed would be appreciated. We should know in advance what will be changing so we can go get the things we want now.

Dammit.

I've been doing these missions, but not just 1 at a time, have been doing all of them, over the period of their existence.

Now, by doing so, I'm not going to get the same rewards as people who have concentrated on 1 or 2 of the iron missions.

Dammit Mindark, what you playing at :(

3 or 4 months is not long enough to do them all now sigh

Same for me here opened almost all missions and been doing them all since their existence...maybe best thing to do is leave those missions alone where you will get NOVA rewards and at least try to finnish those that give skills/attributes as much as possible....

There wont be anything left to balance - in an empty universe - if you guys go for that "adjustment". :mad:
There's not much left to skill for when there are two whole classes of players I will never match.

No, this is not necessarily a "nerf" to all missions.

In general there will be a heavier focus on skill rewards rather than attributes, or mission tokens.
All missions will have their Nova Fragment rewards replaced with skill rewards. Skill rewards will be calculated in a way that will take into account the actual difficulty of the creature rather than just its health.

In the end this means that some missions will have their rewards increased while others will get decreased.

Also, this is a MindArk decision that all planet partners has to follow, but I do believe that skill rewards is in most cases, at least to low/mid level players much more valuable than attributes or Mission tokens. Also I know many are hesitant to complete missions that reward attributes because they want to get their attributes high before earning any through missions. This can actually prevent new players from reaching higher attribute levels because they gained a lot of points from missions while their attributes where still easy to obtain through normal activity.

In general there will be a heavier focus on skill rewards rather than attributes, or mission tokens.
All missions will have their Nova Fragment rewards replaced with skill rewards. Skill rewards will be calculated in a way that will take into account the actual difficulty of the creature rather than just its health.

In the end this means that some missions will have their rewards increased while others will get decreased.

Also, this is a MindArk decision that all planet partners has to follow, but I do believe that skill rewards is in most cases, at least to low/mid level players much more valuable than attributes or Mission tokens. Also I know many are hesitant to complete missions that reward attributes because they want to get their attributes high before earning any through missions. This can actually prevent new players from reaching higher attribute levels because they gained a lot of points from missions while their attributes where still easy to obtain through normal activity.
That's kind of good, I guess...

But attributes are never, ever less important than other skills as rewards. Ever. Under any circumstances.

All missions will have their Nova Fragment rewards replaced with skill rewards.

There is a GOD!!!!:yay:

And i hope that they will take in consideration that they better not mess up the mission counts on mobs already killed on open missions........:wise:

Thats all well and good, but it does nothing for those of us stuck with 50-65 points in attributes, where the darn progress bar hardly moves for months.

So the gap will get bigger then, for those mid level'ish players and the ubers.

Sorry, the rewards, 10 ped rifle, 15 ped pistol ect are useless to me, it's the attributes, i've slowly been working to gain for the past 2 years or so, now, reaching a decent enough part in missions to get the next stage, thats all being taken away.

Sorry, but am disheartened by this.

All this time i've been shooting at mobs i'd never usualy hunt, but for the attribute gains.

Thats all well and good, but it does nothing for those of us stuck with 50-65 points in attributes, where the darn progress bar hardly moves for months.

Sorry, the rewards, 10 ped rifle, 15 ped pistol ect are useless to me, it's the attributes, i've slowly been working to gain for the past 2 years or so, now, reaching a decent enough part in missions to get the next stage, thats all being taken away.

This :wise:

Without a rough idea of what gonna be changed to what, doing these
missions will be a lottery.
Are lottery allowed in EU?

Errmm those extra skills as reward do contribute to your attributes also, so they are not exactly *useless*...that is an incorrect statement.

And since they been introduced in the missions system imo attributes are not accurate anymore on avatars.

Errmm those extra skills as reward do contribute to your attributes also, so they are not exactly *useless*...that is an incorrect statement.

How many rifle points would it take to gain 1 agility?
I'm on 7400 points already in rifle, a 30 ped reward aint exactly going to do much for me now is it?
Or how many ranged weapon skills will add to my strength? none.
Yes, I do mellee a little, been whipping the merps to kingdom come just to skill up my whip levels, but thats hardly moving the strength bar either, as it's a non sib whip.
An example, all my merp kills have been with a whip, and i'm on 2600/5k only.

All missions will have their Nova Fragment rewards replaced with skill rewards.

Good thing.

Skill rewards will be calculated in a way that will take into account the actual difficulty of the creature rather than just its health.

Well, that's bullshit.

Never decrease, only increase those you deem unfair. Unless you love shitstorms on the forums as much as i do.

Also, this is a MindArk decision that all planet partners has to follow, but I do believe that skill rewards is in most cases, at least to low/mid level players much more valuable than attributes or Mission tokens.

Guidelines for mission rewards, eh? I recommend giving planet partners some "what stuff you can put in your loot galore and what you can't without asking" guideline first.

Also I know many are hesitant to complete missions that reward attributes because they want to get their attributes high before earning any through missions. This can actually prevent new players from reaching higher attribute levels because they gained a lot of points from missions while their attributes where still easy to obtain through normal activity.

Flaw in mission design, and a bit late that you notice that 20 to 21 agility is only a small fraction of the same reward for someone with 90 agility.

But hey, at least you noticed (after what, over 1 year?)

How many rifle points would it take to gain 1 agility?
I'm on 7400 points already in rifle, a 30 ped reward aint exactly going to do much for me now is it?
Or how many ranged weapon skills will add to my strength? none.
Yes, I do mellee a little, been whipping the merps to kingdom come just to skill up my whip levels, but thats hardly moving the strength bar either, as it's a non sib whip.
An example, all my merp kills have been with a whip, and i'm on 2600/5k only.

Ofc I can understand the frustration...my 70 agi barely moved for a long time now so I do see your point, but I think those extra skills do boost the bar up a bit...most important for me is and always been that they remove those silly NOVA rewards.

rewards what rewards? there are no awards!:wise:

Status
Back