Mission Rewards Rebalancing

Status
So you could finish missions whenever you want, but you will decide by yourself when you want use Attributes boost.

This way you could even sell your earned attributes.

And i agree, without attribute rewards the missions are pretty much pointless.

Just to be clear, I never said all attribute rewards will be removed, because they wont. They will however be harder or easier to obtain depending on the mob, it makes little sense to award 1 strength for 100 Merp and 1 Strength for 5000 Kreltin. Most people also seem to vastly overestimate the usefulness of attributes vs skills even for higher level players. But yes I know it's cool having 100+ agility.

Clearly MindArk needed to impose some sort of restrictive guidelines on attributes or a planet partner could create ten new Merp-level mobs, give them all missions that award 1 agility for every 50 kills and suddenly everyone has 500 agility, and those hard earned naturally skilled agility points are suddenly worthless.

Do you know that many old avatars "naturally skilled" their agility and intel before 2005/6 by walking into some mobs, starting their autoclicker for a fap, and going to sleep for the night?

The many attribute rewards available, many not "easy" to obtain, allowed people like myself and many others who actually still play to catch up at least somewhat to the old ubers who just log in once in a while to receive their kowtows. And this also means that newer players would never be able to catch up to people like me who had some attribs in the 80's when missions were introduced and have done many of them.

Trying to keep balance is fine, but you should never change rewards after they are introduced unless it is done very very quickly, otherwise you have made things unfair for everyone.

Did you miss word, I did bold+red now? :scratch2:
Or that your offer, to make Attributes tradable?

Yeah, missed that bit, found it better to be able to sell it - why not?

And i agree, without attribute rewards the missions are pretty much pointless.

so you have no use for say 20 tt of evade or 100 tt of FA? feel free to donate to me.

probably just myself, i'd rather the skills than some of the attributes.

so you have no use for say 20 tt of evade or 100 tt of FA? feel free to donate to me.

I can BUY them if i really want them, which is, following the main tenor on the forum, way cheaper, too.

The only source for attributes is grinding - and missions. The latter probably not anymore after this summer.

Most people also seem to vastly overestimate the usefulness of attributes vs skills even for higher level players. But yes I know it's cool having 100+ agility./QUOTE]

Please go to your test server, create an avatar with all 80+ attributes and try to gain one full HitPoint by just skilling. Then you will never underestimate the usefulness of attributes again.

Clearly MindArk needed to impose some sort of restrictive guidelines on attributes or a planet partner could create ten new Merp-level mobs, give them all missions that award 1 agility for every 50 kills and suddenly everyone has 500 agility, and those hard earned naturally skilled agility points are suddenly worthless.

Agreed, too bad this has not been done in the beginning.

/Slupor

MA has promised so much throughout all the years, EU should be renamed to "Boulevard of broken promises".

Actions, that's what i base my judgement upon.
Promises are just words.

This time they seem to be keeping it, was my point.

Bought CLDs, eh?

All i said here is just words, too - time will prove me wrong... or right.

I have never bought any CLD-s and I do not have any in my possession. Among other things, doing so is waiting on MA being good on their word that they will be releasing externally audited figures for the payments.

Whatever i'm motivated by, its not some gain via cld. And I don't really like the idea of changing mission rewards, ever. I have and will continue to always post about and oppose such changes.

Do you know that many old avatars "naturally skilled" their agility and intel before 2005/6 by walking into some mobs, starting their autoclicker for a fap, and going to sleep for the night?

The many attribute rewards available, many not "easy" to obtain, allowed people like myself and many others who actually still play to catch up at least somewhat to the old ubers who just log in once in a while to receive their kowtows. And this also means that newer players would never be able to catch up to people like me who had some attribs in the 80's when missions were introduced and have done many of them.

Trying to keep balance is fine, but you should never change rewards after they are introduced unless it is done very very quickly, otherwise you have made things unfair for everyone.

Me as a planet partner am in charge of this re-balancing project but since I have seen a couple of people ask some stuff about MA (or me) that I though I may as well answer to some degree.

Yes, I played back in that time and I know people used to "fap fish" "fap flies" etc, back in the days only to skill agility (granted the cost doing this with a mod fap weren't that high but still it was a 100% loss to gain some agility and doing this for weeks did add up). I started playing PE in september 2003, and have played it since with a couple of breaks here and there. My avatar is 99% naturally skilled (chipped in 10ped FA back in 2004 to max the fap-50), I have played on a very low budget for all this time. Yes I have completed several Iron missions, pretty much all missions up to 1000 and 1 bronze mission.

Charlie, in addition I would like to say that I think you are vastly underestimating bragging rights as a motivator.

This time they seem to be keeping it, was my point.

And my point was that if they suddenly keep it ONCE, something must be fishy.

Yes, I played back in that time and I know people used to "fap fish" "fap flies" etc, back in the days only to skill agility (granted the cost doing this with a mod fap weren't that high but still it was a 100% loss to gain some agility and doing this for weeks did add up).
And what about gaining as well: Intelligent, First Aid (and other Medical related skills), Evade, General Skills etc. etc... ? ;)

And comparing current prices on Skills with prices in old days, it could be even profitable IMHO.
Or I don't understand something? :scratch2:

Instead of putting out a very generic post about the missions changing, why not lay it out for us very clearly what the new mission structure is going to look like? Four months notice of a change like this is great, but let your players decide if it is worth it dump more money into the game right now to finish up some of the missions that we have started. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your post was put out with good intentions, but all you have done is allowed us all to speculate and assume the worst. Your players do not trust you anymore, you need to be more transparent.

And seriously, you need to put these kinds of notices on the log in page, not just the forum...not everyone reads this.

Or they could jsut make those booster shots non-tradeable, to prevent ppl from complaining that then attributes would indeed be meaningless if they become tradeable.

I do very much like Nikto's suggestion though, and fully support it.

Time can be valuable to.

I know a lot of people now see it as the ubers back in the days used to get 10 agility in a week just for free doing nothing, but that really isn't true. Yes it was easier back then, but they did work really hard for those points. Does it really matter? No not really, except for something to show of.

Well in this case the change will benefit the newer players since it will be easier to get skills instead of attributes that barely do anything. So it's the opposite of what you are saying.

Like I have said before .. I am currently grinding away at Proterons to get my Longtooth mission done for 1 Agility. The ONLY reason I'll grind at shitty mobs is to get attributes, if this is not the case anymore then I would never hunt those mobs. It simply cheaper to chip in skills that are rewarded from the missions than to spend more peds grinding away at them for the skills.

~Danimal

In order to provide a fair, exciting and challenging experience for all Entropia Universe participants, revised guidelines for proper balancing of mission rewards have been provided to the Planet Partners.

There are two primary goals of the new mission reward guidelines:
  • Ensure that missions reward participants adequately and fairly for the associated activity.
  • Ensure that rewards provided by missions on the different planets within Entropia Universe are in balance with one another.
These new guidelines require that the current skill and attribute rewards must be adjusted for all missions on all planets. The actual adjustment of rewards will be implemented with the Planet Partner release scheduled for August 21, 2012. After the August release, any missions already in progress will provide the adjusted rewards rather than the rewards previously given.

MindArk has encouraged Planet Partners to provide temporary spawns of mission creatures during the next several months to facilitate participants completing their current mission objectives before the rewards changes take place.

Originally Posted Here

Nope, changing the reward shows what fuck wits you are, not acceptable

Or they could jsut make those booster shots non-tradeable, to prevent ppl from complaining that then attributes would indeed be meaningless if they become tradeable.

I do very much like Nikto's suggestion though, and fully support it.

Yes, you are right, nothing worse than a n00b with 150 agility.

But having those "shots" for the skill rewards would be nice, rather than losing 10% of the skill, the ESI and 2 PED implanter decay... tradeable, ofc.

And seriously, you need to put these kinds of notices on the log in page, not just the forum...not everyone reads this.

Well, yes... which brings up another point...

Has this been announced on ALL the Entropia-related forums, specifically the planet partners?

Arkadia forum? ROCKtropia forum? NextIsland forum?

(Take a wild guess what the answer is, I just checked...)

I mean, if this change will affect the entire Universe, shouldn't it be announced to...

The ENTIRE Universe? :scratch2:

Yes, you are right, nothing worse than a n00b with 150 agility.

But having those "shots" for the skill rewards would be nice, rather than losing 10% of the skill, the ESI and 2 PED implanter decay... tradeable, ofc.

Yeah, agree on that, too, getting skills in the same form would also be great, especially if tradeable. The only problem is that it *might* have a negative impact on ESI prices.

To you, maybe. But the fact is, if I already have 2K PED of skill, 30 PED isn't going to make much difference. However, if I naturally have 2K PED of a skills, odds are that one whole attribute will make a huge difference for me.

Why, what is it you think attributes do exactly?

For sure if you have a 2k PED worth of a skill so about 9333, I have a few skills in that region for the record, then the 30 PED chip will only gain you about 40 skill points. But that'll likely still be more useful than 1 attribute, depending on the skill. And, unless it's a cheap skill, you could potentially chip it out and buy a skill you have less of that'll improve your pro-levels more.

Has this been announced on ALL the Entropia-related forums, specifically the planet partners?

I mean, if this change will affect the entire Universe, shouldn't it be announced to...

This announcement was made on the Entropia Universe website-

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2012/04/23/2638/index.xml

and appears in the client loader for all planets, and thus was announced to all Entropia Universe players and planets simultaneously.

As you can see from this link, the announcement has also been picked up by other planets along with Calypso-

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?4103-Mission-Rewards-Rebalancing

Last edited:
Well... it is on "log in page" :)
And that where I notice it, to come here to read discussion (just check Support Tab in your "Client Loader"):

Code:
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/planets/calypso/support-news/index.html
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/planets/arkadia/support-news/index.html
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/planets/rocktropia/support-news/index.html
http://cl.entropiauniverse.com/clientloader/planets/next-island/support-news/index.html

N.B. That page same for all planets, I post all links just to show what it's visible from all planets.

P.S. Oops, Bjorn|MindArk was faster than me.

This announcement was made on the Entropia Universe website, and thus was announced to all Entropia Universe players and planets simultaneously:

http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2012/04/23/2638/index.xml

I can't remember the last time I went to the actual Entropia Universe website.

As stated before, why not the client loader login screen for pertinent messages?

EDIT: Forget it... I see it. Burried under a message about some robot invasion.

Last edited:
After six years playing a another stamina point would of been of no circumstance, or any of the rewards on the iron missions; to let me participate with a reward at the end, and then go, na; have something else part way through

Missions

All missions have been disabled since the last VU. We have now adjusted all the missions to be in compliance with Mindarks new skill reward policy. As of next VU, these missions will begin to be accessible again. We are still waiting on confirmation for how much time after the next VU it will take to reactivate all the quests. It is important to check carefully the rewards of the quests when they are reactivated as they have had to change to fit compliance.

From http://www.neverdie.com/bugs-bugs-bugs/13267-list-bugs-issues-april-1-2012-a.html

So dont know if they will change or this is what will be for the future.

And i hope that they will take in consideration that they better not mess up the mission counts on mobs already killed on open missions........:wise:

The progress players have made on missions already in progress will not be affected.

As an example-
Just before the August 21 VU, imagine you have completed 999 kills of a creature whose mission requires 1000 kills. You will have the ability to log in after the VU, kill one creature and receive the new reward.

Guidelines for mission rewards, eh? I recommend giving planet partners some "what stuff you can put in your loot galore and what you can't without asking" guideline first.

We want our planet partners competing for your activity on the basis of quality content, excitement and fun factor offered to participants, not on the basis of easier missions, easier availability of more powerful items, or other balancing-related areas.

Over the past few months MindArk has been making a very detailed review at various balancing issues on the different planets, and we have revised or expanded our guidelines to planet partners to ensure balance and fairness in many areas such as creature loots, item balance, and mission rewards. This announcement regarding mission rewards is but one part of a much larger, ongoing effort to create a universe that is equally challenging, fun and rewarding for participants on all of Entropia Univere's planets.

We understand that the changes required may cause frustration or confusion for some participants, but we also realize how important this effort is for the future health and stability of Entropia Universe. We ask only that you have a bit of patience and understanding during this period, we are confident that the end result will be for the best for everyone involved- you the participants, MindArk, and the planet partners.

Simple they just need to give several options as reward. High lvl players > attribute. Medium level > skill. Ofc make it optional. Then they wouldn't need to nerf the attribute gain from missions, ppl can still get it if they want too instead of skills.

Under the new mission reward guidelines, planet partners will still have the ability to offer several different reward options for the completion of individual missions, such as skill-only, or skill+attribute, or even skill+attribute+tokens.

What about players that did the missions and got novas for 5k mobs, such as trox/feff/spider ?
Will they have mission "refund"?

There will be no retroactive refunds or reimbursements for missions that have already been completed.

Last edited:
......... :scratch2: NERF

Over the past few months MindArk has been making a very detailed review at various balancing issues on the different planets, and we have revised or expanded our guidelines to planet partners to ensure balance and fairness in many areas such as creature loots, item balance, and mission rewards.

Oh, so this is only the first of at least 3 nerfs? This keeps getting better! :laugh:

Status
Back