Mission Rewards Rebalancing

Status
Sucking up to the same people - again

So basically those who already had the skill to take advantage of the missions that had "unbalanced" rewards get to keep what they got and eveyone else can never catch up to them.

So any uber that had skills/gear/weps and money and ran throught those missions with ease and now have even more skills increasing the gap between them and everyone else so that no one can ever catch up to them and have a chance to compete in this game.

Why dont you just hand over the game to the same bunch of players you already give everything to?

At least missions gave regular players some small hope of gaining attributes that you can not gain with any realistic budget.

You guys really got your heads up your asses.

All mid level players should just stop depositing and then let's see what all those skills/items that small group of players have is worth - because its getting closer to zero everyday and they are too blind to realize that without low/mid level players playing and having fun and losing $$ here - there is no money for them to get and withdraw.

So basically those who already had the skill to take advantage of the missions that had "unbalanced" rewards get to keep what they got and eveyone else can never catch up to them.

So any uber that had skills/gear/weps and money and ran throught those missions with ease and now have even more skills increasing the gap between them and everyone else so that no one can ever catch up to them and have a chance to compete in this game.

Why dont you just hand over the game to the same bunch of players you already give everything to?

At least missions gave regular players some small hope of gaining attributes that you can not gain with any realistic budget.

You guys really got your heads up your asses.

All mid level players should just stop depositing and then let's see what all those skills/items that small group of players have is worth - because its getting closer to zero everyday and they are too blind to realize that without low/mid level players playing and having fun and losing $$ here - there is no money for them to get and withdraw.

The thing is no one yet knows what the new reward will be. New players are pissed that they might not get attributes that old players got (really old ones started with more, but never got changed) and older or more hardcore players will be pissed if they change the nova rewards to something worth while. Now players dont know if they should do missions now or wait.

Just to be clear, I never said all attribute rewards will be removed, because they wont. They will however be harder or easier to obtain depending on the mob, it makes little sense to award 1 strength for 100 Merp and 1 Strength for 5000 Kreltin. Most people also seem to vastly overestimate the usefulness of attributes vs skills even for higher level players. But yes I know it's cool having 100+ agility.

Clearly MindArk needed to impose some sort of restrictive guidelines on attributes or a planet partner could create ten new Merp-level mobs, give them all missions that award 1 agility for every 50 kills and suddenly everyone has 500 agility, and those hard earned naturally skilled agility points are suddenly worthless.
Uniformity in loot and skill/attribute gain accross all planets is a must..so, I applaud this initiative by MA ... and I think all players should appreciate it too!

However, at the same time, MA should be mindful of taking back some of the things players like and getting through the Iron mission chains.

To bring uniformity it'd be better to raise skill/attributes gain.... and not a system wide nerf!
Players are already frustrated with poor loot returns... and leaving EU... nerfing mission rewards will futher aggravate the situation.

Last edited:
What happens with the missions we've already completed and received novas?

Please answer this simple question.

Damn just read the answer by Bjorn above lol

There will be no retroactive refunds or reimbursements for missions that have already been completed.
That makes me real happy. So basically no more iron mission mobs for me till the new update comes, cause I'm on the last stage for corn so that will be the last mob I did 5k on. I have other active 5k quests but I will delay those till the update ofcourse since there is no reimbursements like you say. I will hunt all mobs but leave the 5k stages with 1 kill left remaining should I do any quests for calypso ofcourse. But since your forcing me to kill corns I may as well stay away on Arkadia till Cyrene opens it's flood gates & try my luck there for a while. Will miss you dearly Calypso!

Last edited:
That makes me real happy. So basically no more iron mission mobs for me till the new update comes, cause I'm on the last stage for corn so that will be the last mob I did 5k on. I have other active 5k quests but I will delay those till the update ofcourse since there is no reimbursements like you say. I will hunt all mobs but leave the 5k stages with 1 kill should I do any quests for calypso. But since your forcing me to kill corns I may as well stay away on Arkadia till Cyrene opens it's flood gates & try my luck there for a while. Will miss you dearly Calypso!
:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Oh, so this is only the first of at least 3 nerfs? This keeps getting better! :laugh:

In many cases, rewards for particular missions will improve considerably under the new guidelines, which can hardly be considered a nerf.

It seems those of you expressing anger or frustration about this announcement have overlooked or misunderstood the most important part of the announcement-

There are two primary goals of the new mission reward guidelines:
  • Ensure that missions reward participants adequately and fairly for the associated activity.
  • Ensure that rewards provided by missions on the different planets within Entropia Universe are in balance with one another.

Many missions currently offer a reward that is much too small for the effort required. A few examples would be the 5K Atrox, Araneatrox, Feffoid and Warrior missions. Those missions will most certainly receive the opposite of a nerf.

As for the rebalancing efforts regarding creature loots, we have listened closely to the feedback received from players in this area over the years and have plans for a major overhaul of creature loots that will result in a system that is much more exciting and fair, and that will allows all participants the ability to loot useful items for their profession and skill levels, on a wide variety of different creatures.

This is yet again to do with RT isn't, giving out massive rewards? not that I go to that damn planet anyway. When you going to keep that guy in check. I will never fogive RT for that scanner stunt, and ruining scanning skilling. It was the only decent skilling thing to do once you took all our money.

So planet partners get "guildlines". how about one of the rules are ANYTHING you want to do has to be approved by Mindark first.

Like many have said on this post. Attributes mean everything to us, its the hardest thing to gain, not to mention the natural drops seem to be getting less and less anyhow.

I want to know if the stamina is going to be pulled on 10K and bronze. I won't be doing more 10k missions on mobs I don't like if stamina goes.

It is only right you publish the changes in full.

I'm 2000 into bronze trox, thats 18000+ Atrox with only 1 x 350 ped hof
50% into bronze argo....no hof for over 20,000+ argos
10K corns done no hof
10k diak done ...no global
blah blah blah

Point is we all know how shit the return is doing these missions, and now you want to take away the attribute rewards.

Value of dividends on deeds dropping like a stone, how much worse can it get?

Tell us what mobs you are changing and to what rewards, to give us a decent chance of chasing the missions we deem important before the deadline. That Mindark is at least some way of treating us with some fairness.

If you keep us in the dark it is only going to create more panic and people will be upset.

I'm getting to the point I've seriously had enough of this place. 50-60 ped globals the norm at mo. hunting all night for two shitty 50 ped globs after giving you $100 yesterday. b*llocks to it.

Got the hump. Everything sucks.

Rick

The thing is no one yet knows what the new reward will be. New players are pissed that they might not get attributes that old players got (really old ones started with more, but never got changed) and older or more hardcore players will be pissed if they change the nova rewards to something worth while. Now players dont know if they should do missions now or wait.

Based on the past history of how MA sucks up to certian people - and I am sure anyone here more than a few years can remember 10 things or more where certian players got special treatment in one form or another - my money says another giant nerf is about to make this game that much shitier for the rest of the players.

As for the rebalancing efforts regarding creature loots, we have listened closely to the feedback received from players in this area over the years and have plans for a major overhaul of creature loots that will result in a system that is much more exciting and fair, and that will allows all participants the ability to loot useful items for their profession and skill levels, on a wide variety of different creatures.
Interesting...interesting indeed...

In many cases, rewards for particular missions will improve considerably under the new guidelines, which can hardly be considered a nerf.

It seems those of you expressing anger or frustration about this announcement have overlooked or misunderstood the most important part of the announcement-

Many missions currently offer a reward that is much too small for the effort required. A few examples would be the 5K Atrox, Araneatrox, Feffoid and Warrior missions. Those missions will most certainly receive the opposite of a nerf.

Maybe the issue is those few missions that will improve should never have had fragments as a reward to begin with so really anyone that did those missions previously get screwed.

THe missions that gave way too much rewawrd will now be adjusted allowing those that did them to keep the "excess rewwards" and the rest of us are short changed.

Maybe you can address how that unfair advantage will effect the loot of those individuals and if it will effect the overall loot of everyone else.

Last edited:

what about the poorly balanced mining resources? will these receive a balancing overhaul too? currently as it is you can find resources that are pvp4 only on calypso, but on other planets they are not in pvp let alone pvp4, what about the resources that are rare on calypso but are commonly found on other planets, effectively killing their markup on all planets?

the current skill and attribute rewards must be adjusted

From my own experience of the game, after 8 years in project entropia then entropia universe,
everytime they use "Adjusted",
or it means in reallity "dramatically increased",
or it simply means "we're gonna be fucked up"...

Nothing really new,

The MIND-ark style...

----

Now closer to the thread :

Clearly MindArk needed to impose some sort of restrictive guidelines on attributes or a planet partner could create ten new Merp-level mobs, give them all missions that award 1 agility for every 50 kills and suddenly everyone has 500 agility, and those hard earned naturally skilled agility points are suddenly worthless.

I agree with the main concept of fairness between each worlds, but this answer leads me to 2 things :

1) You seem to say that the planet partners are the only one who are abusing the system with some unfair rewards, and i suppose that you do not count yourself inside (since you made the calypso world missions with your own rules, that you define for everybody),

and 2) I feel anyway that the calypso missions will be modified, where they have been set with THE rules YOU are defining for everybody... so it means you made missions with unfair rewards from the start (happy with them for years), and suddenly pretend the planet partners are the bad guys ? something to think...

Remove stamina from reward :

Before our stamina was 5% of the health each 20 seconds, nowadays even with 100 in stamina we will not reach this rate, so for people afraid to see the stamina gains removed, this will change absolutely nothing... unless the fact we paied shitloads to gain them.

Attribute gains purpose and history :

Oleg's definition of the attribute impact is correct, and it is also true that they are more pleasant for people scanning avatars than anything else.

But anyway, it is MORE than clear for me that the attributes rewards were given for the MAIN reason to keep the old players and uber (rich) players in the game. as they were seeing no attribute increase on their avatars, just as an incredible slowliness of skills.
I was 101 agility when the VU 7.4 arrived in the game (new skill system - ~5-6 years ago), and i'm sure that without those attribute rewards i would still be at 101 today.
So i can imagine the frustration of the uber players who were injecting tons of those so precious dollars, after this MindArk move, knowing that those people feeded the game and kept it alive for years.
I'm sure those players felt like back-stabbed, and the missions appeared to keep most of them in the game, and avoid massive withdraws which would have clearly hurt Mindark themselves and the game economy.
But at this time (vu 7.4), there was no planet partners, no world record sells (or quite not), in other words no pharaonic incomes for Mindark....
Now there is...
So all new Joda, all new Starman, all new Auktuma or all new Great Optima can leave the game.

Mindark have more than serious incomes, and can continue their politic of change all rules all the times, with a total lack of respect for all of us, who made their toy alive until today.

This is a sad sad week..

Yeah, if it was the only one...

(Sad for me, i already know i'm gonna regret to post this, 6.5 years without a single HoF did hurt a lot..., but this is the truth...)

Last edited:
Imo
Not to piss off anyone, you should just leave the current missions, or just make changes on novas, otherwise it'll piss ppl off big time.

Or... just make the new missions "Adjusted" like the rex and Trask

I simply ask if you could answer this question, even if with just a "Yes" or "No". Would we still see +1 Stamina gain after killing 10k mobs? This was the MOST important thing to grinding away at missions. This attribute gave the most HP gain and was a good goal to strive for. With this new change to the prizes that you (MindArk) are having implement I don't see much cause in grinding away at mobs if I'm just going to get skills...I could just purchase the skills with a fraction of the cost it would cost me to shoot a full Iron Mission Chain of mobs..

~Danimal

what about the poorly balanced mining resources? will these receive a balancing overhaul too? currently as it is you can find resources that are pvp4 only on calypso, but on other planets they are not in pvp let alone pvp4, what about the resources that are rare on calypso but are commonly found on other planets, effectively killing their markup on all planets?

The rebalancing of mining resources is already under way and was announced a few months ago in the State of the Universe Address 2012

To accomodate the increasing number of planets within Entropia Universe and to encourage the growth of local planetary economies, one area that will receive special attention in the coming months is space travel and interplanetary trade. Resources and materials will be rebalanced among the planets in order to enable each planet to develop a thriving and healthy local economy, while at the same time creating opportunities for participants to engage in commerce across multiple planets.​

I simply ask if you could answer this question, even if with just a "Yes" or "No". Would we still see +1 Stamina gain after killing 10k mobs? This was the MOST important thing to grinding away at missions. This attribute gave the most HP gain and was a good goal to strive for.

Stamina gains will still exist under the new guidelines.

With this new change to the prizes that you (MindArk) are having implement I don't see much cause in grinding away at mobs if I'm just going to get skills...I could just purchase the skills with a fraction of the cost it would cost me to shoot a full Iron Mission Chain of mobs..

~Danimal

Those skills you talk about buying must come from somewhere, do they not? They do not just appear from thin air. Without a substantial amount of skill rewards from missions, the cost of buying such skills rather than earning them normally would be quite a bit higher.

Also as other have pointed out several times in this thread- for the vast majority of participants skill rewards are much more useful than a single point in an attribute, when measure in terms of contribution to profession level and overall efficiency. This is true even for avatars with fairly high skill levels.

First of all, I'm so glad I never did those quests :laugh:. So looking forward to reaping the new rewards ;) but for those who have done them, so so sad :(. So everything else but these mobs is considered a nerf or you just saying that these won't be nerfed? What guarentee do we have for that against your word?

Maybe the issue is those few missions that will improve should never have had fragments as a reward to begin with so really anyone that did those missions previously get screwed.

THe missions that gave way too much rewawrd will now be adjusted allowing those that did them to keep the "excess rewwards" and the rest of us are short changed.

Maybe you can address how that unfair advantage will effect the loot of those individuals and if it will effect the overall loot of everyone else.
This guy deserves rep so +rep.

There has never been, from the whole time I've been here in EU, a "re-balance" that actually ended up being more favorable to players than the status quo, despite MA swearing to high heavens that it would be*, so I'll just remain very skeptic about this whole thing.

I'm not gonna be extremely happy if you change nova rewards into a bit of skills and make some cheap missions that used to give only an attribute give a few PEDs skill instead, but then go and hack the biggest rewards by of other missions by half. Yes, this is how I think you guys perceive "balance" and I have 8 PE/EU years experience to back that up.

*Little example to refresh memories: auction fee going from flat 1 PED to this percentage crap claiming it'd be better for us and STILL not letting us adjust PEC values of auctions. I guess we all know just how "advantageous" to the community that turned out to be.

Last edited:

So for us who have allready done the Atrox, spider, feff and bots... 5k missions and recived our rewards.... HOW is this not a nerf for me... how.. how... ?????

You are DIRECTLY PUNICHING ME/US who play this game...!!!

cmon FFS!!!

Also as other have pointed out several times in this thread- for the vast majority of participants skill rewards are much more useful than a single point in an attribute, when measure in terms of contribution to profession level and overall efficiency. This is true even for avatars with fairly high skill levels.

what he said :lolup:

WTG, noone forced them to do the 5k nova missions anyway.
adapt 2 overcome :yay:

Correct.

No one forces people to deposit, etc etc etc.

No one forces people to play Entropia anymore, either.

So... who really needs to adapt 2 overcome? The players / customers? Or...

<gasp> MindArk?

So... who really needs to adapt 2 overcome? The players? Or...

<gasp> MindArk?

normaly the low/mid levels players lose, now the more skilled once lose some, so where is the problem?

Thank you for that answer sir!

Those skills you talk about buying must come from somewhere, do they not? They do not just appear from thin air. Without a substantial amount of skill rewards from missions, the cost of buying such skills rather than earning them normally would be quite a bit higher.

The skills come from players that grind at missions, to be honest it is not very much peds (skill value) that is given away at most missions. Only missions that have some sort of value are Scipulor, Araneatrox, Aurli, Kreltin (since they give away an excess of about 3k peds in markup after skills are chipped out and sold). Skill values constantly rise and fall anyways due to ESI drops.

Currently the only two Attributes that are good are the Strength and Stamina. Possibly Agility too because it makes us run faster? Who knows... but without some way of earning these Attributes it would take a rather long time to skill past 90+...

The only way this new implementation would work is if we were still able to obtain some of these rewards + skills for the "Tougher Mobs".

~Danimal

instead of attributes that barely do anything.

All these years we all believed that Attributes were special, almost magical.

Are you saying they are worthless really? Did they once have a use?

So 78 Pysche doesn't help me run my chips better, 81 Strength doesn't help me swing a sword harder.

oh dear, I'm feeling really emotional right now, tearful even and thats not like me at all.

Good night my entropia friends :(

Rick

normaly the low/mid levels players lose, now the more skilled once lose some, so where is the problem?

The problem? Seriously?

You think fucking people equally evens the playing field for everyone? :duh:

All these years we all believed that Attributes were special, almost magical.

Are you saying they are worthless really? Did they once have a use?

So 78 Pysche doesn't help me run my chips better, 81 Strength doesn't help me swing a sword harder.

oh dear, I'm feeling really emotional right now, tearful even and thats not like me at all.

Good night my entropia friends :(

Rick

Awww..don't go!!!! :laugh:

Good! That would have been very disappointing to me if that were removed as a target for a reward. A dopey personal goal to bump them up over time, but a goal non-the-less. :ahh:

Status
Back