Question: Arkadia, Cyrene, Rocktropia, NextIsland land deeds

Mikass

Marauder
Masak Mikass Keer
David Simmonds said other planets will also be able to issue land deeds. When do you think we`ll see this happening?

Now that MA(allegedly) sold all Calypso shares I`d think other planet partners are tempted to sell some themselves.

Subject has been discussed many times already, use the search!
Answer is: Never, since Calypso is a unique situation because there is no planet-partner. Other planet-partners have no reason to give up their share, since that means they would not be able to earn any money and pay their business-expenses.

It was said that if they wanted to use this feature, they could when they had enough active players.

Subject has been discussed many times already, use the search!
Answer is: Never, since Calypso is a unique situation because there is no planet-partner. Other planet-partners have no reason to give up their share, since that means they would not be able to earn any money and pay their business-expenses.

Wrong. :) It was stated other planets will also get access to this system and be able to sell land deeds. You are the one who should use the search.

Also, many PP would be tempted to sell part of their planet. NextIsland was already partially sold or in the processing of being sold, Rocktropia was partially sold also. It makes sense to sell parts to finance the development. Why do you think they have those IPOs in RL?
Also, with this system of "land deeds" they aren`t really giving any control away as these are not even real shares but a promise to part of the profits.

In one of his interviews, David Dobson seemed to think that it was a really expensive way to raise money (permanently giving away a huge chunk of your future income).

Players like it because it's a huge return for the amount invested (so far), but I think the other PPs would only do it if they're desperate for a quick infusion of cash. Of course, the PP could decrease the amount paid to deed owners so it's not such a drain on the PP's income.

Never, since Calypso is a unique situation because there is no planet-partner.

Well, technically there is... even though technically there isn't.

Confusing, isn't it? :laugh:

David Simmonds said other planets will also be able to issue land deeds. When do you think we`ll see this happening?

Now that MA(allegedly) sold all Calypso shares I`d think other planet partners are tempted to sell some themselves.

It would be years before the other planets even consider doing this. They will wait and see how it works out for Calypso first. You still have the land grabs and other stuff that goes with the deeds thats not for another year. NI and RT has less than a 100 regular players. RT already has many lands owned Lemmmy, Kevin Rudolf etc. I think they will realease there own Ameathrea first as players events keeps money rolling in all the time. So i would not hold my breath for other planets to have deeds.

Well, technically there is... even though technically there isn't.

Confusing, isn't it? :laugh:

Yes who owns a Calyspo is a grey area.:scratch2:

Back