Please ban items with huge audio range

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
Please developers, get rid of those weapons which have an audio effect which is the same for everyone in a wide area. Know how the opalo sound is less loud the further you are away? That's the good way to do it.

Know how the Herman LAW (the pewpewgun) is the same even if you are miles apart? Or how some melee weapon (by the sound a fist) is heard from a green dot not even on the radar? That is annoying.

Ban them.

Wouldn't it be preferable for them to "fix" them rather than get rid of them?

I know what you mean though with certain weapons, but they just need fixing I dont object to players using them.

Fix is fine, just ban them until they are fixed :)

As long as it stops being extremely annoying (to the level that I just wanna go and read a book instead of play).

Fix is fine, just ban them until they are fixed :)

As long as it stops being extremely annoying (to the level that I just wanna go and read a book instead of play).

Have stopped more and more hunts do to this. It gets under your skin when you cannot get away from it.

that pew pew pew dose piss me off also, I often try to avoid the person making that sound.

I remember back in the day the octagons all had this fucking bell on them that idiots would spam click over and over "ding ding ding" I ended up removing the audio file from the pe install directory. now to do this you have to open and modify packages containing the audio files and could just as easy cause problems when updating, I would not advise to do so.

a fix for the audio range of this damn gun would be nice that or flag the people who use them for pvp.

Have you tried playing with the sound off?

I've played EU like that for years due to the repetitive nature of the sound effects.

Eu has sound?! On a serious note.. I use rt's orgasmatron axe when I can get my hands on one. I know its loud, but to make my axe dissapear will be a bit upsetting.

I've played EU like that for years due to the repetitive nature of the sound effects.

Sound can greatly enhance the game experience (which is probably why developers put it in). But it can also destroy it.

With these items, the balance has tipped from enhancing the experience to ruining it.

This guy is such an amazingly intelligent guy, we shold all do as he says :yay:

I agree, these sounds are extremely annoying and should be fixed.

just FYI some ppl invested $$$$ in ul sib guns with those sounds.. maybe they should ban some of your items for such a stupid reason! If you where just to ask for a fix i would've supported you.

the cyrene assault pistol from the tt also can hear miles away.

with 83 reload it make you go mad if you are at auction or crafting booth =)

is that correct adressed or must we report such thing to the single planet partners cause is their weapons?

ofcourse i think the OP would rather see them fixed rather than banned aswell Das!

would love a fix cause it is annoying!

Reactions: das
ofcourse i think the OP would rather see them fixed rather than banned aswell Das!

would love a fix cause it is annoying!

Then why ask for a ban instead of a fix? Bit selfish in my books..

Then why ask for a ban instead of a fix? Bit selfish in my books..

Simple. Ban them all, and those who make the items will move much faster to fix the things.

just FYI some ppl invested $$$$ in ul sib guns with those sounds.. maybe they should ban some of your items for such a stupid reason! If you where just to ask for a fix i would've supported you.

:lolup: I like to turn off the sounds when other hunters are near me :) I usually tend to hunt with a bunch of RD's on my radar and no GD's so this doesn't become a problem that often. I also don't hunt around noobs ... so also not a problem :)

~Danimal

Funny how you call me selfish, and support this argument by a quite selfish argument. I hope the developers will have the same emotional response and immediately move to solve this problem.

Funny how you call me selfish, and support this argument by a quite selfish argument. I hope the developers will have the same emotional response and immediately move to solve this problem.

Where's my selfish argument?
Yes I have 1 UL SIB gun that has fucked up sound, but not like I'm using it much atm..
Having more fun with my I2870 wich works just fine

Sorry we can't block the items from coming to Calypso. Instead I suggest that you send a message to the partners who made the weapons with the broken sound and ask them to fix it, it's a really easy thing to do.

Sorry we can't block the items from coming to Calypso. Instead I suggest that you send a message to the partners who made the weapons with the broken sound and ask them to fix it, it's a really easy thing to do.

I KNOW I'm gonna get flack for this comment, but if it's so easy to do, then why can't MindArk do it? Surely you could relay a message for the good of the platform?

I mean... shouldn't all PP's have an interest in providing feedback to MA for customer satisfaction? ESPECIALLY if those annoying sounds are affecting players deciding to go read a book rather than spend decay on your planet?

:scratch2:

Have stopped more and more hunts do to this.

LOL come on mate! is it really that hard to jump on the blower and say gday to the other PP's and have a laugh about the whiners and maybe mention these sound issues?

"its a really easy thing to do"

:lolup:

Am I out of context saying that was some kind of pun aimed at the competence of other partners?

Thank you for the reply.
However, your suggestion isn't entirely feasible, because often, you just don't have a clue which item it is and which green dot. The Hermann LAW is nothing new, the other one I have no clue which it is.

Also, would you, as a PP, not carry more weight when discussing this topic? A PP can easily just brush a simple player aside, but if another PP lobbies with MA to get these broken sounds forbidden throughout the platform, chances for success might be bigger (not to mention that it would be a total fix, and not just putting little fixes here and there, always running behind on current affairs.

PS: what exactly IS it that "breaks" these sounds?

Best answer ever :laugh:. Our product is broken, but the consumer can fix it, it's so easy to do ;-)

On a more serious note:
When the PP were introduced one of the features listed was, that certain items from other planets can be banned from planets. Seems like MA abandoned that feature, or?

Been playing EU w/o sound for about 5 years now. I suggest you try it sometime...

Been playing EU w/o sound for about 5 years now. I suggest you try it sometime...
What, next 5 years - without video also? (smile.jpg)

I hate those Hermann pea shooters. They annoy me.

Best answer ever :laugh:. Our product is broken, but the consumer can fix it, it's so easy to do ;-)

On a more serious note:
When the PP were introduced one of the features listed was, that certain items from other planets can be banned from planets. Seems like MA abandoned that feature, or?

I don't mind that weapons from other planets, especially TT-weapons with reasonable stats, are useable on calypso, it crates a broader range of choices. (I can imagine there are exceptions, for instance if a planet partner creates a "marco gun" for use in a dedicated area that it isn't allowed to be used elsewhere).

If a gun is obnoxious on Calypso (for instance because of the sound), it's probably as obnoxious on the "home planet" aswell, and probably should get fixed anyway.

I usually play with sound off, so I have no idea how the weapons sounds like. I started to play without sound when they changed fouls lol.

If a gun is obnoxious on Calypso (for instance because of the sound), it's probably as obnoxious on the "home planet" aswell, and probably should get fixed anyway.
Yup. Chances are however that people that are competent enough to provide bug reports have stopped writing them LONG ago due to MindArk effectively never acting on them. I have been a professional beta-tester, and I have NEVER been as ill-treated by any company as I have been by MindArk.

Combine MA effectively NEVER acting on bug-reports they require in their ToS (and in the process violating swedish law) and newcomers getting the (honest and obvious) "Don't even bother reporting, MA at best shits in your throat as "thanks" for you reporting bugs" could be considered that MA have created such a hostile environment for reporting errors in their software that people don't even care anymore.

Google pays ... is it 50k USD for security bugs. MA would lock you out of your account, even if you owned $25 MILLION (USD) of wort of deeds in EU if you had the (shudder) balls to report a bug to them.

<rant>
Seriously, MindArk WILL face justice one day (and now 711 will claim I have threatened someone to his life again, and lock me for a month from my account without neither proof nor trial - it wouldn't surprise me the least, even that MA and PCF is ruled by by Swedish LAW on this forum).</rant>

One day we are too intertwined with MindArk but other days were supposed to tell them to give instructions to other planet partners?

If McDonalds and Burger King bought meat from the same place but only McDonalds hamburger was bad, would you tell Burger King that they needed to take steps to ensure that McDonalds meat tastes better?

Back