PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I think many users will be very happy to hear that MindArk is devising a change to the mission rewards system that will allow individual missions to award non-tradeable Attribute Tokens, which can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for attribute points.

This system would address two of the major concerns we have received in feedback from participants regarding the mission rewards rebalancing-

1. A larger number of mission creatures can continue to reward mission efforts in the form of increasing attributes.
    2. Participants will be able to choose the best time to redeem their attribute rewards, for example after having skilled up 'naturally' to a certain level.

We are finishing up the necessary adjustments to the mission rewards formulas and guidelines provided to planet partners to accommodate the new attribute token system and the awarding of fractional attributes. Once those adjustments are completed, planet partners will have the ability to provide everyone with an overview of the new rewards that will be implemented on Aug. 21, so that participants can make informed decisions as to which missions to complete over the summer.
    Last edited by Bjorn|MindArk; 05-09-2012 at 18:27. Reason: Attribute tokens are not tradable

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn|MindArk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think many users will be very happy to hear that MindArk is devising a change to the mission rewards system that will allow individual missions to award Attribute Tokens, which can be traded with an NPC in exchange for attribute points.

This system would address two of the major concerns we have received in feedback from participants regarding the mission rewards rebalancing-

1. A larger number of mission creatures can continue to reward mission efforts in the form of increasing attributes.
    2. Participants will be able to choose the best time to redeem their attribute rewards, for example after having skilled up 'naturally' to a certain level.

We are finishing up the necessary adjustments to the mission rewards formulas and guidelines provided to planet partners to accommodate the new attribute token system and the awarding of fractional attributes. Once those adjustments are completed, planet partners will have the ability to provide everyone with an overview of the new rewards that will be implemented on Aug. 21, so that participants can make informed decisions as to which missions to complete over the summer.
    (Removed, my criticism is no longer valid thanks to clarification )
    Last edited by Oleg; 05-09-2012 at 18:57.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Theren Tere Strange
    Society
    cK
    Images
    non-trade-able .. ok..

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg View Post
    So basically you've caved in to the loudly whining minority as usual.

Presumably this also means that attributes will now be buyable via the trading of tokens, which will take away most of the reason people seem to want them in the first place.
    The attribute tokens will not be tradable. Sorry, I should have pointed this out in my previous post. I have updated my post to prevent any misunderstanding.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    @ Bjorn

Thank you for addressing the concerns of those who have been postponing picking up mission rewards for the reasons you mention. Please, however, make those tokes untradeable or, as has been mentioned, it makes the whole attribute system largely pointless.

Edit: damn my slow ISP. :P
    Last edited by Doer; 05-09-2012 at 18:28. Reason: Too late
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Oleg Oleg McMullery
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    The attribute tokens will not be tradable. Sorry, I should have pointed this out in my previous post.
    Good, that's a lot better than the alternative.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Rei
    Society
    Coat Killers
    Images
    Sounds like a nice improvement to me.

Haters gonna hate.
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side."

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    David "Doer" Falkayn
    Society
    Rangers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The fact that this allows postponing of attribute award pick-up implies that the attribute rewards will continue to be in levels instead of "volume" (i.e. tt value for skill chip). Can you confirm this?
    Champion of reason, unraveler of MA's mysteries...forever n00ber
    Myth busters: Evade/Defense Skills Weapon damage Armor decay Unlocking Skills Weapon attachments
    Other esoterica: My Story Luck Project Entropia: what's in a name? More bang

Quote Originally Posted by narfi View Post
    Everything but friendships is clutter

Thank you.

Hopefully the planet partners will act as quickly.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    So what you're saying is, the opinion of people who have spent 90% of their time for the last 2 years doing missions is less valuable than that of people who haven't bothered doing missions at all. The more engaged with the mission system someone has been, the less worthy their opinion about the mission system becomes.

Do you want to have a think about that one?
    I sure do!

It has nothing to do with your time being less valuable whatsoever.

It's just that not all of us can afford to spend thousands of peds each month to finnish the missions. And besides that, some simply don't have the time to grind all day.

Personally, I had a plan all lined out about how I was to do the missions and had about 15 attribute rewards still unclaimed. But I just needed more time to finish some 10k's before claiming.

And that time is now being taken away. That's how I feel about that.

And how does the number of missions I have done have anything to do with my analysis of the poll results? Do you think I faked the poll results to reflect my own opinion?
    The number of missions has nothing to do with the poll results indeed. But for me it creates a picture on the voting population (read: you). If I was you, I would say the same.

So, no, I don't think you faked the poll.

By the way, the reason I would prefer the changes to happen sooner is because I don't want to waste time getting more attributes and novas from the missions I have yet to complete. I would rather have the skill rewards in the new system.

The nova's are indeed a crap reward, well, more of an insult actually but hey, the end bonus would be great!
    wi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast