The spear MKI

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
I just saw a new vehicle on auction. The Spear MKI.

It's a cyrene vehicle but I think the stats are a bit odd.

It looks like a 1 seater snowmobile, small and agile, but what strikes me as odd is the structural integrity. With 1500(!) it's insanely high for such a small vehicle. For comparison, the valk has 450 and the pitbull 1800. So a snowmobile with the toughness of a armored personnel carrier?? Also the armour stats are imo to high for such a small and open vehicle.

The speed on the other hand seems a bit low with just 46,8 km/h.

Nice new vehicle, but I think the stats should be nerfed to make the more realistic for such a small craft.

enjoy!

Edit:

here a nice vid thanks to Smoerble

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSbLqqmwroI

and SI has been changed from 1500 to 300.

Last edited:
The TT however is very low so it can only get fully damaged by mobs or pvp a couple times before it's unusable.

Last edited:
Nice new vehicle, but I think the stats should be nerfed to make the more realistic for such a small craft.

Considering it is basically a platform with a seat mounted on a couple of rockets and an engine, it should be fast and fragile, shouldn't it? :scratch2:

The TT however is very low so it can only get fully damaged by mobs or pvp a couple times before it's unusable.

Afaik, the damage to TT is always 1PEC/hit... so it should withstand approx. 48 hits before breaking.

It looks like a 1 seater snowmobile, small and agile, but what strikes me as odd is the structural integrity. With 1500(!) it's insanely high for such a small vehicle. For comparison, the valk has 450 and the pitbull 1800. So a snowmobile with the toughness of a armored personnel carrier?? Also the armour stats are imo to high for such a small and open vehicle.

Depending on damage types, I guess it might have decayed by the time it hits 0 SI. Minimum decay (if that applies to vehicles) from a hit shoud be 2.3 pec, so 22 hits and its gone? Even if not, it will not survive very many hits. So really, its the opposite of armored carrier.

Depending on damage types, I guess it might have decayed by the time it hits 0 SI. Minimum decay (if that applies to vehicles) from a hit shoud be 2.3 pec, so 22 hits and its gone? Even if not, it will not survive very many hits. So really, its the opposite of armored carrier.

Yes, that might right, math-wise.

But wouldn't it be more sensible to make the SI like 300 or so, armour values around 10-ish and increase the tt value?

Because now, when I simply compare stats (except the tt value)with other vehicles it give a very unbalanced feel to it.

just seen this little baby

Hanging around the PVP at Twin Peaks I just saw one of these and it looks really cool. If it comes from Cyrene does that mean it can be bought at TT or is it won like the original hoverpod, by completing the noob mission (didnt think there was a noob mission on Cyrene yet)otherwise how has it appeared so quickly, is an item that someone has crafted by finding the blueprint on Cyrene. Also the comments about its fragility are a bit of a concern the hoverpod was fragile enough but at least it was free. So here we have a vehicle that will only take 22 hits b4 what, it is totally used up or before it needs repairing ? I know its lots of questions but I am one curious avatar.

GL Moondog

Finally got mine, the thing is a blast! Gathers the full speed instantly, no other vehicle grants this feeling of energy rush, no matter of it's low speed.

I know its lots of questions but I am one curious avatar.

It's given by a mission broker in exchange for 10 power cells. These cells are craftable, you need a bp from the bp-terminal and 8 low grade power supplies for each cell, that makes it 80 power supplies with tt value of 80 pec total. The supplies are lootable from scout bots and are not rare. You can buy the components from the auction, MU currently is still crazy (over 15000%) but the drop rate is now good enough for the prices to decrease a lot in the near future.

It took me over 400 supplies to craft the needed cells (20% successful tries), and about 3 hours of hunting to acquire those supplies. Not bad, I'd say.

About the fragility. As with other vehicles, only mobs and pvp ruins the tt value, everything else is repairable. The Spear has 1500 SI and it really need it because you bump into things a lot, 3 minutes of rushing though a forest and it's done. Then you can repair it, of course. But if a mob hit it, it decay for 1 pec with each hit so with tt value of 50 pec it will be gone in less than 50 hits (or shots from another player in pvp). Just don't bring it to pvp areas and don't let mobs eat it.

Why shoot the vehicle at all, shouldn't the player be visible enough to just target them?

Ehh no real need to worry about these things being over armored with it only able to take 48 hits. The game will eat one of these after the first time it hits a rock or a tree and sits there taking damage like other vehicles do.

I do how ever agree with original post that they need to be set to scale of the vehicle when they do stats not just some random stuff to make it seem attractive when its really not. This almost seems like it would have come from the early days of RT the way its set up now.

yes the vehicle SI doesn't matter since the person is in the wide open to be killed

Afaik, the damage to TT is always 1PEC/hit... so it should withstand approx. 48 hits before breaking.

For this vehicle you mean, or vehicles in general? I was under the impression that the TT Value of vehicles decays according to the same/similar formula that armor decays.

I recently bid on one recently in auction.
I tried it out once and it was rather fast for such a small vehicle.

For this vehicle you mean, or vehicles in general? I was under the impression that the TT Value of vehicles decays according to the same/similar formula that armor decays.

Not sure, I have heard a lot of times that it is like that for all vehicles, I have not noticed a difference when it comes to my own vehicles, so I have always assumed that has been correct (since it really aint been bothering me enough to check ) :silly2:

The SI is being changed to 300 - but the implementation was messed up and it is still 1500, although the stats tab says 300 now.

The key stat is Horsepower - 2k+ - This is a pocket rocket that can climb nearly vertical and is a blast to drive. It can be a bit hard to handle and it's not the most practical vehicle out there - but wicked fun.

Now we just need the Mk.II bp to drop so and we can have them with higher TT value (and higher top speed).

:beerchug:
Miles

The key stat is Horsepower - 2k+ - This is a pocket rocket that can climb nearly vertical and is a blast to drive. It can be a bit hard to handle and it's not the most practical vehicle out there - but wicked fun.

Oh crap!

That means I do need to get me one of those as well then :yup:

Back