FYI: Excessive Whining & Negativity

Status
Do I have a deja vu or does 711 recreated the thread from a few months ago? :)

Exactly what happened. Similar result. I dont understand why folks want to debate this. I dont think its really a discussion topic.

After writing a long post, i've decided not to post it....however I'd just say this:

futile effort
...... unless fundamentals are changed, the high intensity negitivity/whining would continue!

Exactly what happened. Similar result. I dont understand why folks want to debate this. I dont think its really a discussion topic.

Then why post 4 times in a thread that shouldn't be a discussion topic? :rolleyes:

(Rhetorical question, no need to respond. Happy Forum for the win...)

3L-00301-X500.gif

Ill be the first to admit I AM one of the ones posting some negativity. After 5 years and the skill levels I have reached I dont deserve to get treated like a piece of shit in the game simply to finance a certain few to have fun. When MA stop jamming the stick up my ass Ill stop pokin mine in their eye.

As far as when I go directly after someone its usually after some pussy ass comment in a neg rep where that person has no constructive comment and only some under toned wise ass remarks. Deal with it or shut me down I dont give a shit but I am not one to stand for being pushed around unjustly.

Be glad I only do it here and not on other forums where REAL gamers look to see whats happening in games all over. Better yet be glad I dont forward 3.5 years of digitally recorded game play to the online gambling sites so they can hand that to govts and ask why this shit here is allowed but not online poker.

When MA stops pissin in my cornflakes Ill sit in my corner and eat my breakfast quietly. Until them game on.

After moving the main forum form Entropia Forum to PCF, I was unable to login so I just stopped visiting. I also deleted EU and had one year off. When I check this forum nowadays, when Im back for some months already, I can see the trend of increased whining is going on...

Well, but this all comes from something, it wasnt here before yet now it is. You cant stop it with some regulations and whatever, I guess its just the more players feel upset about the game. before it was few, now its so much ppl you can hardly read a forum if you dont want to go thru "excessive whining" as you call it.

If I was proud of our community as a whole before some years, now it isnt the case. There are good people around, but the change is evident. You know, some big names dissapeared, people who loved this game the most, were so disguised with it, that they left. This shows something is rotten.

I see this trend going on for years, and its MAs fault. If the VUs were ONLY what is written in the release notes, it wont be like this. BUT EVERY VU has its official and secret parts. Secret is just basicaly nerfs and ripoffs, and it was almost in every VU I have witnessed.

When you write down all those changes in "secret" part of VUs, you will get a hell of a long list full of BS!!!! Like they think we idiots and we will not manage it...

nah, I dont want to get into this again, I just wanted to point out, that this is what MA was askin for for a long time.

I totally agree 100%:thumbup: Whats rude is a forum that says "dont complain about it":whisper:

Thsi makes me remeber why entropiaforum (base of this forum) was born, why had a space opened for the comunitie, many gamers at that time felt that entropiapioniers was over moderated, so entroforum opened with a new atitude.. deja vu?

I see this trend going on for years, and its MAs fault. If the VUs were ONLY what is written in the release notes, it wont be like this. BUT EVERY VU has its official and secret parts. Secret is just basicaly nerfs and ripoffs, and it was almost in every VU I have witnessed.

When you write down all those changes in "secret" part of VUs, you will get a hell of a long list full of BS!!!! Like they think we idiots and we will not manage it...

nah, I dont want to get into this again, I just wanted to point out, that this is what MA was askin for for a long time.

This is how I was 3 yrs ago when I was 3.5 months old:

Weekend Killing Spree: 2 Hof and a deluge of globals

Things have changed a lot for me in EU .... So I am!

I didnt' join EU to make money, or even to break even.. I was here out of curiosity... and later to have fun...
But MA wanted me to be it's Cash cow....... in a system with built-in unfairness.....I refuse to accept that!

My attitude towards EU is a reflection of how EU/MA treats me...
So, blame me Blame MA...........it's really very simple!

EDIT: I also appreciate the fact that MA is not in a good position either.... and they are not a charity..
But I'm against the strategies MA has adopted toward its players base, and the priorities they have set forth to achieve success.

Last edited:
Just a thought and a fact ... Silencing people from the authorities normally flames the fire of frustration more... Happened in many revolutions around the world including France, Germany and now middle east. As a moderator I am sure you might not like negative comments, but my suggestion is not to infuriate already frustrated members to go and do more damage outside of the forum.

I have been negative and I have been positive. Criticism doesn't always mean a bad thing. We have an opposition party in democratic Australia and all you hear them is whine, bitch and moan what the government is doing wrong .... But you know what... That keeps our elected government in line like any other successful democracy and improves our conditions. The silencing of the negative comments still happen in certain countries (not gonna name them) ... And wonder how well those countries are doing? ...

Freedom of speech is a good thing! As a moderator if you don't say " I have had enough of bright eyed positive posts ... I warn next person goes ahead and posts something positive I'll ban them" ... In my opinion you shouldnt do that for the negative posters either. Only thing I agree with you is when someone threatens someone else with violence or illogical bashing it becomes a personal vendetta.

A post is a post ... It's neither negative nor positive ... It purely based on the readers perspective how they conotate it.

EDIT: another point I wanted to add was ... Even the people that bitch and moan are still loyal players of EU. If you stop them venting their frustration here ... They would feel kicked by MA... Kicked by the community ... What do you think they will do? ... Leave and promote more hatred of the game outside. Better them doing it here ... Isn't it?

Last edited:
i think alot things would solve themself if the colonists could concentrate on the game like it was once ago but the current quality of the product and with that the relation of price versus quality makes people angry and that is right.

<---price
-
-
-
-
- equal
-
-
-
-
-
-
<----quality

if you have to spend your time being disrupted from gameplay with bugs, exploits over and over you reach a point you cannot eat more than you want to vomit.

errors are human ye but what is going on is not normal anymore. all people who keep bravely reporting bugs and suggestions should be rewarded for working for MA for free. more commitment cant players show to a game.

so stop try to put people baskets on mouth that wont solve anything.
show commitment to them who work here since years is rather better i guess.

I think alot of the frustration stems from automatic support case responses and the censorship of the Devs Corner. Most of the questions are legitimate, yet we either don't get an answer from Kim or the answer is mystical and top secret.

We as a player base are easily pleased with good communication and action on issues. If we cant voice our concerns in the Devs Corner, where can we discuss and voice them?? Clearly as the flagship forum for planet Calypso it would be preferred that this is a happy positive forum. But those in the world who play EU are not your average player. We use real cash and hence any change in game that effects the economy can have serious consequences on our investments.
The EU market value on items is very sensitive and we take a gamble/risk investment on high mark up low TT items. When the parent company makes a change that affects the MV of an item we have no choice but to complain.

I think the street should be two way. We as a group can be constructive if the Dev team can give us as a client base good communication. This works as seen with the Arkadian Dev team who work with the player base on Arkadia. The result is a happy player base and an active positive forum.

I love this game and don't see myself leaving anytime soon. But don't censor us if the Dev team doesn't respond to legitimate issues.

Cheers
Bjorn

if you have to spend your time being disrupted from gameplay with bugs, exploits over and over you reach a point you cannot eat more than you want to vomit.
Too true. Even though the problem with my avatar's estates have been fixed, and then broken, and then fixed again, and broken, and then finally fixed again with a little bribe/compensation (not nearly enough to make it worthwhile though, lol), it makes you sick when you've invested lots of cash in to something and it stops working/becomes nonfuctional, etc. due to bugs, bad programming, bad game design, etc., and then when you report it you get some canned message that says something like "sorry, we have forwarded this issue to the appropriate team to review. Please watch for future announcements (because we cannot be bothered to appropriately do a proper follow up on this issue at this time... and we have no eta on when we might be able to even think about starting to look in to this for you because to us this issue is insignificant as there are not many more people reporting this issue than you and we don't care about one little individual and their problems too much unless there are a ton of people with the same little problem as we decide what to work on based on the number of support ticket complaints we receive rather than based on some sort of logic that might prioritize things in a better way...)"

There are different types of complaints some valid and some are people just blowing off steam and there are others who seemingly throw whine fests on the forum and then get that great loot. Whether its just a coincidence I can't say but it conditions them to throw a pity party every few months and become more vocal about it.

Life in general is full of negativity and misery loves company it spills over in EU when things are changed and no matter how hard you try it never seems like things go your way but to others it seems so very easy and even they bitch and moan at times.

I don't think people mind paying for entertainment I know I don't. Its such a fine line in EU when it comes to feeling like you getting your entertainment dollars worth. I see why people complain I've experienced that discouraging feeling that as long as I have played those great individual item loots are just not in my avatars biorythm. That sucks ass and I could be more negative but EU is what it is love or hate it.

Thsi makes me remeber why entropiaforum (base of this forum) was born, why had a space opened for the comunitie, many gamers at that time felt that entropiapioniers was over moderated, so entroforum opened with a new atitude.. deja vu?
very, very, very true... many forget the convoluted history... the beautiful but convoluted history. Bits and pieces of it still float out there in in the wild internet, but much of it's slowly being erased over time. Would be nice if there was some sort of backup of some of the old forums like entropia-pioneers.kicks-ass.org, e n t r o piareality.com (one of the epic words that is filtered out of existence here if spaces are not added) etc., for the historians to study in a few years. It may be that one day, this forum or ef or any other forum related to eu may just up and disappear too.

For those that do care, and have a heck of a lot more free hard drive space than I do, you might give this a shot on some forums sometime for local backups: http://www.httrack.com/

Last edited:
Sorry ... Couldn't resist lol

Why people are nagative and dont stop whining ?

Maybe, because Entropia Universe isnt a game like the other, because we are "playing" with our own money.

because the customer service is very bad ?

because I'm feeling alone as a player, where are the people listening the community ?

why all the event are made for high end players ? why high end player got all the rewards if its not ?

some people are addicted to this game, cause its a good game, and you need to invest time and (money for some) to have fun and believe in your avatar.

And for MA we are only cow milk burning our money for pixels.

split the benefit, again and again and again we dont care about 100k+ loot, we want 100 people happy with 1k loot...

we want more staff members active in the game (not only on events)

we need love, we have feelings too :rolleyes:

There is much confusion with the meaning of whining.

whine
1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

The largest percentage of the community uses that term as an insult.. no matter how constructive a point is being made.:wise:

Remember,

remember,

the 5th,

of November :wise:.

For the playerbase should not be afraid of Mindark.
Rather Mindark should be afraid of their players :cool:.

I believe that transition is almost complete now, give it a little more time to brood over and you'll soon find Mindark will be in a predicament the people foreknew but did not listen.

Remember, remember, the 5th, of November Mindark.
For Vendetta is an ugly thing :wise: better negativity than vendetta...

~M~

I'd say, just use the North-Korean way and ban the worst 20 complainers. More is not needed, because it`s a small bunch of very aggressive poster that makes the forum negative [unbalenced]

Status
Back