FYI: Excessive Whining & Negativity

Status
LOL, (me and my twisted sense of humour...), OK, I'm going out on a limb here, but is this thread all about this?

[snip]...this thread is about[snip]... 'lollipops and butterflies' happy thoughts.

Really??? Come to think of it, maybe that's true!!!

Have a Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows Day everyone!!! :cheer::swoon::shower::cheer:

...forgive my paraphrasing, 711.....I just couldn't help myself :D

Last edited:
A quick review of Infinity01's posts over the last few months would show you very quickly that his behavior is precisely what I mean by 'excessive whining and negativity' discussed in the opening post of this thread. Throw in 5 or 6 new unfounded conspiracy theories spewed at MindArk each week, and it should be no surprise that he has received a temp ban.

Shoulda banned him then, because of that, not here for that quip.

He was clearly joking here and that's unworthy of a ban imo.

Jokes, even negative ones, can have positive effect ya know.

Tippin'

i still think this game has the most twisted playerbase of any online games.. ppl who are "winning" in this game in other words have invested too much that they need to get this game rolling are defending this game to the end.. and talking about "we need more players (to pay my bils)".. like WOW has lost alot of suscribers lately.. the community aint thinking that how WE can bring more players in to the game.. they are thinking that how BLIZZ is gonna get more players in to the game..

ppl whine when not satisfied so maybe MA should do something about it.? if supports are 95% about whines of loot maybe there is some problems with it??

Shoulda banned him then, because of that, not here for that quip.

He was clearly joking here and that's unworthy of a ban imo.

Jokes, even negative ones, can have positive effect ya know.

Tippin'

He was banned. For the same type of thing. In a thread with the very same title I believe.

711 is an expert fisherman.

This will date me some lol

He was banned. For the same type of thing. In a thread with the very same title I believe.

711 is an expert fisherman.

Looks like he was banned now for joking in a post here to me:
lol

this thread is all about:

whining about whining.

enjoy the gift of MA's love to it's player base!

No, this thread is about the consequences of excessive whining and negativity and disregard for the forum rules, which you will now be experiencing for 10 days.
[/QUOTE]

To which I don't really find reason for.

Sure, maybe 711 had a reason from previous months post for doing it, but he shouldn't have let this post get uder his skin (in public) and used it as the reason for the temp ban.

If he was going to temp ban infinity, he could've just used a different post as a valad reason instead of this one.

Trust me.
I've modded a forum far larger than this so I know how hard it is to keep level headed when people just piss you off. (thus I sympathise for JC...Shouldn't have banned him either imo)

Every now and then you, as a mod, let the natural "human" out.
That's when you have to break out the "it's not a democracy" card to cover your action(s), which "us" regular users never like to hear.
:D

Tippin'

I say good. Put the ban hammer down.

Some immature people need to be shown who runs the show.

:cool:

Lets just say, if 711 is prepared to temp ban one of his own moderators for losing his temper, he is prepared to ban a poster for excessive negativity. I wont criticise JC for losing his temper, I have a few times too.

I'm usually positive, as I am a big fan of Entropia, however I have posted against certain changes / nerfs that have occurred over the 6 years I have now played - some of which having look backwards haven't affected me too drastically and in some ways have benefited the majority, if sometimes giving a big big advantage to a few.

Examples:

Footguards, Limited weaponry & armor, Lower Avatar Regen, Regenerating mobs hp, armor / clothing equpping fee and so on.

I fully support people venting - I had to really bite my lip when the changes to missions were announced - I'm still not happy about the goalposts being moved, but do appreciate being given till mid August 2012 to do as much as I can. I also see that it will benefit newer players - lets face it 5000 Atrox for a few novas is no reward at all.

My take on it anyway.

I say good. Put the ban hammer down.

Some immature people need to be shown who runs the show.

Absolutely!!!
History shows the world always flourishes when dissidents are brought to their knees! Beat down those people who dare have an opposite opinion...you hero. :cheer::love:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Absolutely!!!
History shows the world always flourishes when dissidents are brought to their knees! Beat down those people who dare have an opposite opinion...you hero. :cheer::love:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

or dumb c unt ...whichever....lol

There ya go. Helped you out with your post by fixing the color so everyone could read your spew. Either boldy stand by your words or dont post them. Hiding them behind white text is a friggin middle school prank.

Actually, history shows us that dissidents usually get what they want once they stop acting like little children and start getting serious.

Which I dont see anyone on this forum actually doing. To those complaining: Your arguments stink, your logic is completely unsound and ultimately based in self interest and not in community interest. That and you dont follow through your words with your actions. You keep playing, keep posting, keep depositing, and dont give anyone any reason for meaningful change. Thus your complaints are both poorly received and ultimately meaningless.

If you want what you want, wise up. Start acting like it. Otherwise shut up.

Thanks.

To those complaining: Your arguments stink, your logic is completely unsound and ultimately based in self interest and not in community interest
well spoken by someone who was banned from the forum not too long ago himself... lol.:rolleyes:

well spoken by someone who was banned from the forum not too long ago himself... lol.:rolleyes:

I was banned for telling a user to stick it where the sun doesnt shine. See, sometimes in order to deal with a jerk you need to become one. I am not afraid of people not liking me if at the end of the day I get the job done.

Almost 1000 days without taming.. i am so happy as a tamer that my skills are dead and havent been usuable for almost 1000 days, i couldnt of asked for a better outcome, thanks MA your so special and treat the players like part of your own family. :yay:

that better?

i spit in their general direction.. couldnt resist :)

100 comments later the thread clearly displays that nobody reads past the titles :)

Guess if I'll create a thread titled "I can't reach 90% return!" and tell in it that I like to dance in female clothes to "Village people", it will gather 100 replies like "Me too!".

Almost 1000 days without taming.. i am so happy as a tamer that my skills are dead and havent been usuable for almost 1000 days, i couldnt of asked for a better outcome, thanks MA your so special and treat the players like part of your own family. :yay:

that better?

No, you are suffering from over-optimistical delusion. Nobody said to be all goody-goody nice and positive. Just not be negative AND whine about it.

This thread shall serve as fair warning to those consistently disruptive members: such immature activity will not be tolerated, and will very quickly result in sanctions against your forum account in the form of: reduced posting privileges, temporary bans, and in extreme cases where repeated warnings are ignored, permanent bans.

All of us can get frustrated or disappointed with Entropia at times, especially when we may not agree with the decisions of the developers. However, the proper way to communicate that dissatisfaction is by providing constructive criticism in the proper manner (submitting support cases, posting your feedback in the Suggestions/Wishlist and Bug Reports forums, etc.).

Incessant and childish whining/flaming/trolling all over the forum is NOT the appropriate way to express your dissatisfaction, and will begin being moderated much more stringently by the PCF staff moving forward.

One of the best things about Entropia Universe has always been its wonderful playerbase and forum community. As admin of PCF, it is my duty to ensure that a small minority of immature and disgruntled members do not damage or destroy that community for the rest of us.

Remember that the PCF moderators are volunteers, and work very hard to keep the forum running smoothly (often a very thankless job). Members can help them in their effort to keep PCF civil, informative and vibrant by reporting posts that are disruptive, or that may be in violation of the Forum Rules.

Thanks for your cooperation, and thanks for making PCF the wonderful Entropia Universe community it has been for so long.

Good one , about time the whingers were put in their place !!!:wtg:

100 comments later the thread clearly displays that nobody reads past the titles :)

Guess if I'll create a thread titled "I can't reach 90% return!" and tell in it that I like to dance in female clothes to "Village people", it will gather 100 replies like "Me too!".

Hey, me too!

Your arguments stink, your logic is completely unsound and ultimately based in self interest and not in community interest.

Seriously... why do you keep posting repeatedly in a thread in which you already stated there should be no discussion?

(Again, it is another rhetorical question. Please don't answer because that would add another post to the 11 you have already made...)

It's not like you like the forum community anyways.

If this sounds like I look down on the forum community and do not respect it its because this is true. I do look down on the forum community. And I do not respect it.

Seriously... why do you keep posting repeatedly in a thread in which you already stated there should be no discussion?

(Again, it is another rhetorical question. Please don't answer because that would add another post to the 11 you have already made...)

It's not like you like the forum community anyways.

We have ourselves a gentlemans agreement not to speak to one another. Mostly because I pity you. Do not break it.

I'm glad you've learned a new term though. 'Rhetorical Question.' Glad I could teach that to you. Now learn how to actually apply it properly. Not liking the forum community has nothing to do with expressing your opinions. Especially when it is on a topic that has direct relevance to why the forum community is not liked in the first place.

You failed to make an effective point, and thus failed to use the figure of speech properly.

We have ourselves a gentlemans agreement not to speak to one another. Mostly because I pity you. Do not break it.

I'm glad you've learned a new term though. 'Rhetorical Question.' Glad I could teach that to you. Now learn how to actually apply it properly. Not liking the forum community has nothing to do with expressing your opinions. Especially when it is on a topic that has direct relevance to why the forum community is not liked in the first place.

You failed to make an effective point, and thus failed to use the figure of speech properly.

Actually, I don't think you are a gentleman, so I certainly don't have any agreement with you.

As far as my "point", you effectively confirmed it, thank you.

You've contribued yet another post... you have 10% of the posts in a thread that you said doesn't need discussing.

:laugh:

I dont understand why folks want to debate this. I dont think its really a discussion topic.

Insult me and neg rep all you want, slick... it's what you do best.

You still dont get it, do you? You really fail at grasping the fundamentals of conversation and consistently hear what you want to hear, rather than what is actually being said.

Exactly what happened. Similar result. I dont understand why folks want to debate this. I dont think its really a discussion topic.

Not debating the topic. Questioning a need to discuss and debate the point. Not saying not open to discussion. Were it not open for discussion it would be locked. Which it should have been. Note the lack of bolding certain parts of each statement. That's because I speak in complete sentences for a reason. It's a complete thought, from start to finish each part is important. It is not meant to be picked apart and each component used independently, as necessary qualifiers and distinctions are missed and thus the point itself is missed.

Exactly what happened. Similar result. I dont understand why folks want to debate this. I dont think its really a discussion topic.

See the difference between my original statement and your interpretation of it? You're missing 3 sentences prior, and cherry picking what you want to read. Obviously what I would have preferred happen, that people just accept a mod rule and move on with life, did not happen. Clearly other people have created a debate scenario, and therefore a response is warranted. Whether I prefer it or not is not relevant, except to illustrate intent and predisposition.

Of course you did this with the purpose of attack so a short dramatic statement is expected. It's how populists work. But this style of attack seems to be a common theme for you lately across the board. In contrast to your attacks, here's a few examples of discussion, and what those examples are intended to do.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Negativity&p=2939823&viewfull=1#post2939823

Supports the OP - does not debate it and therefore remains true to the intent and predisposition expressed elsewhere. Illustrates reasons why support is necessary to other users to increase the possibility of understanding and acceptance.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Negativity&p=2939835&viewfull=1#post2939835

Supports the OP - does not debate it and therefore remains true to the intent and predisposition expressed elsewhere. Illustrates reasons why support is necessary to other users to increase the possibility of understanding and acceptance.

While you piddle around with personal attacks based in your own absolutist, and therefore flawed, thinking, I have actually been contributing to the thread.

I apologize to others for the temporary derailment. Some people, though, like to take any opportunity they can to cause drama. Like Chrome.

Go away, Chrome. You are not contributing here.

Last edited:
Constructive criticism, expressed in a civil and mature manner is, and always has been welcome on this forum.

Well that sounds really good don't it? Only problem is that the rules state otherwise. You might want to review rules 2.14 and 3.8, just to mention some of the worst.

Of course now I'll be banned as I've just broken rule 2.14.

Not quitting though... I am allowed to make statements revolving around not quitting right?

Best regards.

A legend in your own mind:lolup:

FYI..Delusional is not a good skill to be maxed on brother:wise:

Whatever dude. Im on the Directors Board of a multi-million dollar company and my project, which I lead and work on with a team of 3 people, was dropped on CNN by Obama's Health Czar as an example of what other companies in the health care industry should do. And I'm only 34 years old. If that's being a legend in my own mind, I'll take it.

What are you again?

Ok,, The problem is that MA like to to do nerfs and does many of them but lately has MA made to many and to fast that enable players to become frustrated and that the MA has tried to market their games to attract more players but it does not work and that they refuse to think in new ways.

I follow the rule that you should never argue with someone dumber then yourself:tiphat:

Wish I followed that rule. At heart maybe I'm just an optimist. Perhaps the folks I argue with arent stupid, and they'll come around over time.

Optimism is not necessarily a good thing, it seems. :tongue2:

Want to fix the loots? Provide an encouraging environment to new players.

This is a real cash economy. The smaller the pool of people providing currency into the economy, the weaker that economy. The more loots suck. The more folks find reason to complain about bad returns.

Is MA doing this to the players, or are the players killing their own game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_run

Pointing out the influence / partial responsibility that customers play in this equation is correct. HOWEVER - you can even stick with the bank analogy - why not let the banks/MindArk fix the problem first (that they created and profited of for years), before asking the customers who paid for bank/MA's profit to do (sometimes very serious) extra efforts 'to save the economy'? Fixing both simultaneously is of course advisible, but imo clearly banks/MindArk should set the example and stimulate responsibility.

Status
Back