Info: Planet Cyrene - Spear Mission

librek562

Mature
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Ok then folks a departure from my normal posts as I am going to talk about planet Cyrene and in particular the mission to get a spear mk1 hoverbike. Very little information has been posted about this so i will tell you what i do know.

Yesterday (10th May 2012) I was hanging about at twin peaks when someone pulled up on a spear mk1, very nice looking machine an open hoverbike designed for 2 persons. After chatting with a couple of soc members i discovered that it is a Cyrene vehicle and could be obtained by completing a mission on cyrene.

Filled with excitement I jumped in my quad and flew (nearly ran out of fuel) to cyrene. On arrival another soc member advised that i go A.R.C. HQ tp and look for engineer ferguson, he is located at 1294 825, up the hill away from the main tp. When you talk to him he offers you a spear mk 1 in exchange for 10 light powercells. You are advised that these can be crafted at a construction machine.

Fergusson advises that you go and purchase a blue print(BP) for the power cells, easy so far. You also need to buy the BP book for cyrene (available from the trade terminal). Ok to craft the power cells you need to obtain Low Grade Power Supplies which you advised are available from the scout bots located just outside the base.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS TRICKY.

You are told that 8 low grade power supplies can be crafted in to 1 Light powercell. However if you have any experience in crafting(and i have very little) you will know that it is a tricky process and often ends in failure and the loss of your raw materials.

So the perfect crafted could probably craft 10 light power cells using 80-100 low grade power supplies, if you are as bad as me it might anywhere up to 800 low grade power supplies to craft the 10 Light power cells required.

This is only the first problem.

There are no bots outside the base, they are scattered all over cyrene and they dont frequently drop the low grade power cells when you destroy them. Add to this very bad glitching and annoying noises when you are hunting them and the whole process becomes a literal headache.

Now you could purchase the low grade powercells from auction but they currently cost 118 ped for 60 so thats around 160 ped for 80 and considerably more if the crafting process is continually unsuccessful.

The alternative is to hunt the bots till they drop the low grade cells but one of my soc members killed over 200 bots and sometimes they dropped no cells, in the end i think he got 32 cells from a 200 kills. The rest of their loot is rubbish so no gain there.

So my advice is stay away from the mission unless you want to burn a load of ped on a vehicle which looks cool but i am advised has rubbish stats, it will only take 22-24 hits b4 it is worn out(i dont know if that means you can repair it after that or if it totally broken)

Anyway this is just what i have observed and with all my posts please feel free to disagree, comment or add your own info, as i said before i only started this thread as i couldnt find any other info about it on the forum.

GL to you all

Moondog 11th May 2012

1. the bots are located at these coordinates and the spawns are stable. You don't even have to run around, since after you kill a bot another one spawns before you. All bots drops equal amount of the components (1 per bot) so it doesn't matter which of them you hunt. The easiest is Scout Bot Collector XT - 6-7 shots from an opalo per bot is enough.

2. the supply loot comes in waves. The waves are 10-15 minutes long and during them every bot drops a supply. Then comes a break of ~20 minutes long. If you don't want to waste ammo, just shot one mob every minute to check if the wave is in progress.

Even with such a low success rate at crafting the worst expenses for the mission are 5-10 peds (providing that you looted the supplies yourself).

can someone Tell MA about the pyshics of the spear and PLease tell them to copy/paste on to the hoverpod.. lol this is Way better then the hoverpod wadafock?

how can one be correct and the same version be shit?

can someone Tell MA about the pyshics of the spear and PLease tell them to copy/paste on to the hoverpod.. lol this is Way better then the hoverpod wadafock?

how can one be correct and the same version be shit?

Have to agree with ya there.

-Bemo-

How about video? :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

(im shaking of this asweomeness :D

tradeable?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo

(im shaking of this asweomeness :D

tradeable?

this is to awesome for me to handle....

I'm guessing the hoverpod instability has to do with the length of the vehicle. The hoverpod is very short from front to back so it tips over very easily, the spear is longer. The hover pods (mk2/3) with more power tip over easier.

Looks cool, I'm going to have to get one. I wonder whether there will be a Mk3, and how fast it will be....

How about video? :)

Amazing :D

+rep for the video, I was really indifferent towards the spear from the pictures but now I just HAVE to get one!

Worth it just to be able to hover along the ocean floor. I love it!

Spear Mk1.... the info says it is Limited, yet title doesn't indicate this ? Unlimited. Also is this one of those mission vehicles that can't be traded or TTed?

Spear Mk1.... the info says it is Limited, yet title doesn't indicate this ? Unlimited. Also is this one of those mission vehicles that can't be traded or TTed?

It's L, the title is just wrong. And it's tradeable.
Other mission vehicles are freebies, from which this one is quite far :)

edit: ah, and btw it's not C too.

Last edited:

Crafted and trade able...BP also shows a Lance BP so probably the next lvl of that vehicle class.

It certainly does look very nice :) however, I am still confused about giving something that essentially looks like a hover-snowmobile mounted on two thrusters that high SI and relatively low speed :silly2: I would expect it to be fast and fragile

It certainly does look very nice :) however, I am still confused about giving something that essentially looks like a hover-snowmobile mounted on two thrusters that high SI and relatively low speed :silly2: I would expect it to be fast and fragile
Nope only the rider is!! :laugh:

Hey where is my rep, that was my video. LOL!! :laugh:
My bad, should have mentioned the name of author, though the whole video practically screams it :yay:

I would expect it to be fast and fragile
It's fragile, often gets damages even on a perfect terrain from microjumps, so it needs that big SI badly. And it feels much faster than many things with better stats. The first thing you'll do after a ride on this is to burn your saehrimnir/exp.hover if you have any (Cyrene even provides a tt flamethrower specially for that :D)

tx for the info =D

we finally got our star wars vehicle :laugh:

The future... where 2 jet engine looking things let you travel as fast as a moped.

can't wait.

It's fragile, often gets damages even on a perfect terrain from microjumps, so it needs that big SI badly. And it feels much faster than many things with better stats. The first thing you'll do after a ride on this is to burn your saehrimnir/exp.hover if you have any (Cyrene even provides a tt flamethrower specially for that :D)

It's a fun vehicle to drive. It feels faster than it really is... I like the openness, makes for easy switching to first person view, and it does great jumps. Can't wait for Mk3, and I wonder what the Lancer will be (sounds like the same type of vehicle, only bigger). And the underwater driving is excellent (though it also turns slowly to the right, just like the hoverpod).

The Spear does have its share of problems though. It won't fit through the narrow tunnels on Arkadia, even though bigger vehicles like trucks do--I'm pretty sure even a pitbull will. Maybe the spear has some invisible cushioning around it. And it does get damaged extremely easily (and disappears when SI gets to zero). I drove over one of the bridges on Arkadia with it and it got caught in something and damaged itself down to zero in about 2 seconds.

I noticed it has "wheel grip" in its stats, so maybe that's part of the reason it handles a bit differently from the other hover vehicles.

If u compare the stats u see that the spear have much bigger engine(2K hp compared to the pods humbnle 140 hp), is faster, not as fast as a valk though. It also consumes 3xoil compared to the Arkadia hoverpod.

If u compare the stats u see that the spear have much bigger engine(2K hp compared to the pods humbnle 140 hp), is faster, not as fast as a valk though. It also consumes 3xoil compared to the Arkadia hoverpod.

Having the same speed and hp as Saehrimnir mk1 and same speed and 0.5 hp of Explorer Mk1, a Spear is still faster (wheels friction?). And off road it's faster than Valk mk1 whose 1.5 times greater max speed is achievable on the road only (the same applies to all wheeled vehicles). But who needs roads?

If you think the stats are rubbish, your missing one of them.

The Spear Mk.I has 2039.4 Horsepower and can climb nearly vertical at speed - it is like no other vehicle. It can be tricky to get the hang of, but it is the most fun of any vehicle in the universe. TT is very low, so not for using around mobs or in pvp, but the SI is 1500, so the collision damage is not a problem during use and can be repaired.

There are definitely some performance issues that need to be tuned a little, and it has some other issues - no explosion animation (yes, I've driven mine enough to destroy it), odd lights, and it is not properly colorable - but make no mistake, this is one fun single-seater once you learn how to handle it.

I've driven so far up a mountain I got this message: "Vehicle is not a spacecraft." - Maybe not, but it is the ultimate pocket rocket. I can't wait for the Mk.II and Mk.III to appear - higher top speed please.

Also, 10 of the crafted light power cells needed to trade with the mission broker are available for under 50 ped on auction. The mission, unfortunately, is not repeatable - you can only get 1.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Having the same speed and hp as Saehrimnir mk1 and same speed and 0.5 hp of Explorer Mk1, a Spear is still faster (wheels friction?). And off road it's faster than Valk mk1 whose 1.5 times greater max speed is achievable on the road only (the same applies to all wheeled vehicles). But who needs roads?

Max speed of wheeled vehicles and hovers appears to be 108 Kph - with sufficient gravity assist -regardless of the surface. A Valk goes full speed (61.2 Kph on level ground) on road or off.

:beerchug:

Miles

Last edited:
Back