FYI: Happy anniversary to all Tamers

Just a thought - there is occasionally an issue with "excessive negativity" on the forum, and people seem confused as to why it happens. This issue is an example of why it happens. Tamers have been polite, patient and have had absolutely ZERO response. Every issue dogged by "excessive negativity" has been noticed and addressed, to varying degrees.

There's the "why" - the squeaky wheel gets the grease. As long as patience is rewarded with inaction, and negativity is rewarded with response, there will be increasing negativity. It is classic stimulus/response behaviour.

Just a thought - there is occasionally an issue with "excessive negativity" on the forum, and people seem confused as to why it happens. This issue is an example of why it happens. Tamers have been polite, patient and have had absolutely ZERO response. Every issue dogged by "excessive negativity" has been noticed and addressed, to varying degrees.

There's the "why" - the squeaky wheel gets the grease. As long as patience is rewarded with inaction, and negativity is rewarded with response, there will be increasing negativity. It is classic stimulus/response behaviour.

Rather true, I would say the negativity problem is only partly the forum users fault, the other part of the problem is mindark and how they go about things. Only so much can happen without ma taking their part of the responsibility and making the needed changes.

If you ask me, its a problem ma needs to fix before it spends 6 million on marketing, otherwise its just wasted money.

Is this really the environment they want new players to see when their checking eu out as a result of the marketing?

Amen. May Lootius's blessings fall upon with understanding and wisdom.

Amen, very well said, wish I could + rep you again:)

I sure miss taming, I was just looking at my whips hanging in my apartment a few weeks ago wondering if there would ever be a use for them again. I really had faith that MA was bringing in back when they said they were. Looks like the new management is not so keen on it though.

Amen, very well said, wish I could + rep you again:)

I took care of that +rep for ya Komb lol

I couldn't agree more. I have looked thru these forums and I see rant and raves about everything else, yet (for the most part, until recently) Tamers have been pretty quiet and hopeful, although tamers have one of the biggest reasons to bitch. I got into taming shortly before it was dropped by MA, so Im not very high level, but i still feel completely screwed for the short time and the money that I did put into taming. I couldn't imagine the fury I would feel if I had skilled up to 40 or 50.

I still remain hopeful that someday MA pulls their heads out of the their asses and takes care of their broken promise to re-impliment taming. Until that time I will not deposit and just sweat a couple hours a week. I shall return when/if taming is finally brought back as it was promised.

Well said, especially the part about dificulty locating MA's head on account of it being so so depp up their arse:)

And yes it really is very infuriating having one of my highest professional standings sit unused and unutilized for 3 years...but sdaly there is no meaningful recourse except to keep the issue out front until MA either behaves like adults (unlikely) or just tells us to fuck off once and for all.

If its not going to make them a boat load of money it goes in the "later" file.The "later" file is filed under :nana:

Yes but a fully functioning taming system complete with battle pets , riding pets ect would make so much money .
Im sure ALOT of players of other mmos would look to eu and see the pet system and think "coooool!"
possibly MA have left it too long now , there are not enough players left for pets to make money for MA because it wont be new pet skillers coming in , it will be peds normally spent hunting ect that will just be spent on tamig instead.
in fact thats probably true of all things eu now . too much content,not enough player . They have simply alienated the majority of their customer in the last 3 years , tryed to cost the same players too much "their cash cows , addicts" milked till their teats become rotten so new content will only take from other areas instead of generate more.

Posted this over at the Black coloring thread but is also valid here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When im looking at the thread about Taming where Ma promised stage II for the skilling tamers I see the same thing with coloring .

MA makes up systems with a promise to players :skill up now and the future will be bright,always hanging some sort of carrot infront of the paying customer.

Housing ,Shops,Estates,Taming ,Coloring ,Mining depth,Mindforce,Space and even the last big hype Land deeds .

The BIG MAIN PROBLEM is Ma never gets to stage II in anything! We have all kinds of half messed up systems that never gets any promised development !

I for one think Ma gets an Idea , throws it thru development and never really thinks things over with some chance for developments or any idea what the things implemented will do for the players when they finnally reach the carrot .

TAC

If its not going to make them a boat load of money it goes in the "later" file.The "later" file is filed under :nana:

That's fine, i'll file my 15k US a year in deposits under the "never again" file.

You obviously think people who tame do nothing else in the game, you should work for MA them idiots think the same way.

Yep pets added a dimensions to the game that was unique. It is interesting that not a single MA comment on this or any other taming related thrreads, they comment on all sorts of random shit...but not this, sad really, cowardly, stupid...and sad.

Of course MA hasnt said a word about this. The players arent important to MA.... only money is. It's been proven time after time that the players dont mean shit, and the continued lack of explaination and the continued ignoring just proves further that we dont mean shit to MA. They will continue to ignore us because we are nothing but depositors to them.

The problem is.... its not about making a fun game to them anymore. Its all about money and they are still making money as it is right now so they really dont give a rats ass. They know they can screw us over as much as they want, yet they are and will continue to make money. Taming just isnt a priority anymore to them, just as appreciating their players or keeping their word isnt a priority to them.

The problem is.... its not about making a fun game to them anymore.
which is weird by taming isn't back... It's 100% money drain for the most part... The pets eat nutrio made from fruit, fruit that still is in game. The brushes are L, or were before taming went away. Most of the whips are L...

Yep, the weird part is that if MA had any kind of business sense they would realie that re-introducign a ped sink with food, whips, brushes, etc is a low investment high return actvitiy and a clear no brainer for them.

Shitty business sense, horrible PR and lack of common sense, so glad these are the people running the platform and ourt planet.

Let's not let the thread fade away, just in case...

I hope one day soon MA hit us with a suprise and taming makes a come back with more involved features in the profession as i'm sure there are plenty of people out there in gamer world that enjoy those aspects of a game and let's face it this game needs players.

Good to see comments from game maker or planet partners... oh wait that was in the other totally mundane feature somewhere on the forums... space i think it's called.

Its very possible that im on my own with this line of thinking, but to be honest, I would be happy if taming would just be re-implimented just as it was before, at least for the time being. I enjoyed it as it was. Yes, I would like to see pets become useful, whether its for riding them, using them to help hunt or whatever, but for the time being I would just like to be able to dust off my whip and have a reason to deposit again. I miss whipping, or working with my pets at the stables. The social aspect of hanging out at the stables was awesome. Just bring back what we had before for now, and work on the updates later, I just want my damn taming back!

oh and by the way.... Space? what is that? :laugh:

Yep, the weird part is that if MA had any kind of business sense they would realie that re-introducign a ped sink with food, whips, brushes, etc is a low investment high return actvitiy and a clear no brainer for them.

Shitty business sense, horrible PR and lack of common sense, so glad these are the people running the platform and ourt planet.

Why do you diss MA so much? What if MA were working on this right now as we speak? I am not defending MA as I too know we are treated like shit. But throw them a freaking bone here. Programming takes time and effort. MA is a company. They have projects and objectives. Many things take time and they have quite some priorities in their hands.

Programming takes time yes. Putting a major system in the back of the line, implementing one useless crap thing after another, promising time anf time again and failing to deliver, and a complete disregard or even disdain for your clients who spent time and money in reliance on bullshit statements - that is why I am upset.

Tamers have been pretty quiet and forgiving but.... seriously? 1000 days to impliment a profession? This profession was ingame and active with word of "improvements" so people spent a lot of time and money to skill up in this profession and then it was just dismissed, pushed under the rug and then forgotten by the very people that announced "improvements" in the system. 100 days to return this profession would have been too long, 200 days would have been pathetic but there are no words to describe this situation of 1000 days to RE-impliment a profession that people had spent the time and money to level up. Not as many people tame as hunt, mine, or craft so does that mean that the people that had put all this time and money into taming should just be forgotten about? We understand that coding takes time, we understand that there are priorities, but one would think that bringing back a profession such as this wouldnt be blown off for 1000 days.

Tamers have been pretty quiet and forgiving but.... seriously? 1000 days to impliment a profession? This profession was ingame and active with word of "improvements" so people spent a lot of time and money to skill up in this profession and then it was just dismissed, pushed under the rug and then forgotten by the very people that announced "improvements" in the system. 100 days to return this profession would have been too long, 200 days would have been pathetic but there are no words to describe this situation of 1000 days to RE-impliment a profession that people had spent the time and money to level up. Not as many people tame as hunt, mine, or craft so does that mean that the people that had put all this time and money into taming should just be forgotten about? We understand that coding takes time, we understand that there are priorities, but one would think that bringing back a profession such as this wouldnt be blown off for 1000 days.

The only solution to make it fair... remove hunting and mining and/or other professions for 1k days, one at a time... and watch Mindark go bankrupt in less than 100 by doing that, lol.

I still think there's potential for something to happen. Mindark has in the past 'compensated' some for lost stuff they screwed up even if the compensation was low. Maybe they can do something like that in the future.

Digging in the way back machine for some 'compensation notes'... here's the threads about the sk booth compensation and personal revives...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?124918-B-Shopkeepers-5k#post1514504

http://www.virtualmindhive.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1005&st=200&p=10647&#entry10647

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...justed.-quot&p=2751790&viewfull=1#post2751790

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?15104-Removal-of-Personal-Revival-Terminals

another compensation note:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...pport-Update&p=1342051&viewfull=1#post1342051

There's a few other examples here and there... but those are a few of the main one that were mentioned in forums so should be fairly 'public knowledge' by now.

What compensation would be nice...??? maybe an unlimited mamba and/or ul brush for everyone with any level of taming that is given as a freebie gift on the vu that the taming is added. Would not need to be high tt value... Heck, an ul mamba with tt value of zero that now needs a full repair would be fine :) ;)

Honestly, my skill level in taming is far, far below the level of your alls but it's still something I was looking forward to getting in to when all this shit hit the fan. I started getting in to taming a couple of months before vu 10 hit... then it disappeared. I eventually did tt the pet, but really wish I hadn't done that. Maybe I can get another one tamed someday when it is back.

Last edited:
Compensation would be nice but my main concern is wanting taming back lol It would also be nice to see MA own up to the mistake as well but I have a feeling that when it is finally brought back it will be without a word of it being long overdue.

A serious and fair compensation would be great, and would fully expect it from any reasonable and sane company with serious apologies. So in the case of MA, likely nothing will happen.

Of course there is almost no way any company that wants to remain in business would noty issue a serious apology and explanation to those it has clearly wronged. Clearly with MA nothing will happen.

Will they bring it back sometime in some form, yes likely so.

Will anyone care at that point or believe any of their bs going forward...just the very young and stupid.

The biggest fail of this is how many stopped caring.

What bothers me most is the eternal 'it will come', 'next year', 'it's work in progress'-statements we've heard over the years. Clearly those were all lies. I hate being lied to. Really hate it.

Amen to that Rob, the constant lies and the bungled and mismanaged expectations are indeed the worst part.

On some level I may even be happier if the thieving bastards just said taming is never coming back, at least that would provide some closure (as well as pretty interesting material for legal action:)

Amen to that Rob, the constant lies and the bungled and mismanaged expectations are indeed the worst part.

On some level I may even be happier if the thieving bastards just said taming is never coming back, at least that would provide some closure (as well as pretty interesting material for legal action:)

Exactly, they could atleast have the balls to comment in here other than "yes its coming" bullshit. If im working on something i know exactly how it's going and i can tell you at any time where im upto and what is my likely ETA and to those that say programming takes time :) do me a favour full A List games take less time to build and release than this feature of a game.

The only time i accept from anyone they have no idea of when something will arrive is from scientists trying find cures and even they have some idea how they are going.

It's the lies and fobbing off and the money involved that is the issue now as Kombinator said it's getting to the point of not caring, meanwhile i just have to finish this survey they sent me asking why i havent played in a while.. 4 days for @%$#s sakes :)

TAMERS KEEP UP THE FIGHT FOR A FAIR GO

taming's still not back yet... How many days is it now? Maybe there should be a new post put in here every day that it's still not back or something?

Back