FYI: Happy anniversary to all Tamers

Butch C

Deactivated Account
1000days.jpg

And thanks for the dead profession and devalued skills also, can't forget those.

Mindark made me feel so special

Really sucks to have been a tamer :( My condolences.

MA bring back taming!

Thought of it too the last days , feel sad to remember the old camp with all the tamed mobs and the stables etc ,

Ahh the taming... 1000 days sure go by fast... maybe when the EGG... will hatch taming will be back!!

at the release of space, MA has told players that taming would be the next thing to return after space.
i suppose people should just be patient.

Two complete sets of Snable and Exa (all maturities, M and F), halfway to a full set of Daiki, and a resettlement container full of assorted spares.

My menagerie on ice is really feeling the cold.

Warmest regards to all fellow tamers who need reprieve from the chill. :cool:

Happy anniversary to all fellow tamers.
(well, technically it is not an ANNIversary, because that term is derived from the latin "annum" = year - the annversary would be in 95 days then 3*365 = 1095 - however, it's still an effing long time)

I hope though that all the waiting pays - MF took them very long, too, so i guess the longer we wait, the better it gets!!!
(probably just fooling myself here, but hey, better than whining...)

EPIC post! I miss taming. Wasn't much of a tamer myself but enjoyed going out with friends.... taming mobs then handing them out with a few snacks for the animals to the noobs as a gift.

Menace

I miss my guys. They must be mummified by now :(

my_daikibas.jpg

1000 days without one of my highest professions and still nothing mentioned regarding compensation or a date when it will be back. Disgusting way to treat players MA! :mad:

at the release of space, MA has told players that taming would be the next thing to return after space.
I wonder how many real life players have died, or moved ot to playing other games that won't be back ever, over the last 1000 days that were looking forward to taming as a profession? Unfortunately, humans, being the fragile things they are can't be expected to wait forever until the end of time for false promises.

With that having been said, at least the whips do still work as weapons in game, and the skills have not been deleted from the database yet, so there is still a small glimmer of hope for tamers... maybe not much, but at least a little.

Last edited:
tal_and_nibblesnotalot.jpg

I am certain my NibblesnotAlot is not enjoying being freeze dried into dust.:mad:
:sweat:

My daikiba congratulates all fellow tamers upon the anniversary! :dunce:

dai-skel.jpg

:rofl:

:censored:

Sold the shop (or rather, it disappeared, was reconstituted rather later, and I took the trade-in value from MA), stopped seriously skilling whip, and gave up on the idea of a pet store long ago. It was always a side venture, but it's still not fun to have it flung into the frigid vacuum of space.

:sweat::acid::whip:

:( i miss the good old days by the very stylish PA Stable and the atmosphere

That's 1000 days since its been gone... just gone, I was skilling 3 years before it went and many much longer :) pretty sure we have been patient ya stinkin pirate :cool:

My 5 daikiba stalkers used to come with me to get spiders and bring them back to swamp camp near PA, they used to hold the spider up for precious seconds making the 3 hour ordeal not a 4 hour ordeal :) ahh the smiles on the sweaters faces as the spider brought a bit of life to the place for a few minutes before terry turret took him out.

them were the days... gold.. bloody gold.

Happy anniversary to all fellow tamers.
(
(probably just fooling myself here, but hey, better than whining...)

YEP we wouldn't wanna do that!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Patiente has always been the most important skill to have to survive in EU.

I can wait while more, np, there is other stuff to explore in the meantime. And I can at least build up mu whip skill by killing mobs with my whip.

Happy anniversary!

I remember maybe 2 years ago Marco saying would be back by end of the year, to be fair tho he didn't say which year.:silly2:

"Tony Mandread Mandread" you will be missed

I wonder how many real life players have died

"Tony Mandread Mandread" you will be missed and your beloved taming is still not back yet! Rest in peace buddy!

1000 days....

"Tony Mandread Mandread" you will be missed and your beloved taming is still not back yet! Rest in peace buddy!

Mandread quit playing EU when I did for the same reason I did. We both stopped playing because taming was removed... unfortunately he will never be able to return now and see these new "updates" and "improvements" that must be grand after taking 1000 days to impliment!

Such an impressive anniversary deserves to be bumped and not forgotten and to be seen by those thinking of skilling up a profession.

Happy anniversary guys, nice round number, I guess, the next mark is the 3 year barrier...amd hen 4 O guess:)

This can and should as as a warning to all the other professions: any time it can be stolen and not returned for years!

Bumping this monstrous anal !!!! of an anniversary. Thanks MA for making this happen.

I feel so sorry for all you Tamers , i loved hearing the Whip Crackers , and all those Pets lined up in swamp camp , or P.A , I hope that some time real soon i get to see you all back to it

I get that it sucks to have something you liked removed but all I ever seen from taming was walking billboards. they are going to have to plow a ton of hours in to building a descent and working systems that somehow fits the feel of the game. I can think of others things that are more important to me. sad with what happened I know a few people who really enjoyed the system as limited as it was.

I get that it sucks to have something you liked removed but all I ever seen from taming was walking billboards. they are going to have to plow a ton of hours in to building a descent and working systems that somehow fits the feel of the game. I can think of others things that are more important to me. sad with what happened I know a few people who really enjoyed the system as limited as it was.

That's all you ever saw because MA never came good with Stage 2 of taming which is why people were skilling up for it, the point is they bullshitted people promising stage 2 and grander things, then when cryengine2 update came along it said all the features were coming back and gave a timeline which was in the months not years, that time line has been changed over and over and over to the point where we last got told some time in 2012 which to be honest i think is just another fob off.

Perhaps if you were actaully skilled in taming you would have a differing opinion, it's like me saying "all i ever see of mellee is a few people swinging a sword i dont mind if it gets taken away for years" but i would never say that as i feel if someone has an interest and has skilled up in that area they deserve to actually have that area or atleast be compensated for the 54 fucking levels of the profession they have.

Pets have had a slot on the auction since i started playing 5 years ago, that alone leads you to beleive you can or will be able to sell your pets, still you can loot sweetstuff and fruit, why even bother other than to perpetuate the bullshit and keep people thinking its coming.

I'm not talking about lvl 2 tamers here im talking about people who had aimed to get right into taming once stage 2 arrived and were skilling to be ready, they paid thousands of dollars in skilling with no chance of global or hof and very little chance of income so they were doing it on good faith and not out of greed but for the enjoyment of the game then they get hit with this crap.. 1000 days.

It's how the player is treated and the principle of what has been done to them not about "oh they were only walking billboards anyway"

To be honest im getting sick of other players saying crap like that, to me melee is medieval robin hood shit but i dont feel the need to bag melee cause i dont skill it or participate in it as i think the more areas the more choice for players and new players the better.

They (MA) dont even offer any kind of update on progress they keep saying imaginary dates and that's not great PR to just ignore people when they ask quite simple questions i guess it's easier to lie and then ignore.

Anyway ive rambled on enough consider this a long drawn out boring bump :)

and i ask other tamers to bump and keep this shit in front of there bloody eyes.

Last edited:
Well said Butch, the general setiment is right. I personally invested a lot of time and effort as well as resources to get my taming and taming related skills up, way past the 54 level you mentioned and to just be ignored for almost 3 years...well let us just say it is not fun.

What I find amusing is that not a single asshole from MA had the decency to come out with any kind of statement on this or at least try to respond to the accusations...on the other hand nothing they say will make any difference at this point, only action and meaningful one will matter.

And to the poster above Butch, there is really no point in answering, I believe a simple STFU is all that is called for.

Keep the faith guys:)

Only thing i know that MA told os 3 years in row that we will have it back before the end of this year.:wise:

Back