Unacceptable modification from MA

Mitch113

Guardian
Society
FrenchKillers
Zal Mitchos Gaal
Mindark decided to change the mouse right click button of the mouse because of PvP auto click. Thats not link, it was possible to only change the "auto use" behavior.

Now if you use the right click of the mouse with no mob or a dead mob in front of you, then you will spend ammo and decay ...

Result of today change is the following, for people who use the right click button of the mouse :

- If your computer lag (for shared loot, in big teams, etc ...), or if you are just a beginner not yet very precise with your weapon, or if the mob is very agressive and mooving fast, then you will spend ammo and decay for no damage
- If you team and kill a mob, the mob is dead on the floor, 3 people try to loot it in the same time, the first one all is ok but the other players will loose a shoot ...

As i said it was possible to do this usage for the Autoclic but thats a shame to implement such thing for the Right Click, and it does not solve any PK problem.

MA SHAME ON YOU, I AM PRETTY SURE THIS WAS DONE TO GET 5% or 10% OF AMMO OF PLAYERS, AND NOT TO BLOCK ANY PK !!

Mindark decided to change the mouse right click button of the mouse because of PvP auto click. Thats not link, it was possible to only change the "auto use" behavior.

Now if you use the right click of the mouse with no mob or a dead mob in front of you, then you will spend ammo and decay ...

Result of today change is the following, for people who use the right click button of the mouse :

- If your computer lag (for shared loot, in big teams, etc ...), or if you are just a beginner not yet very precise with your weapon, or if the mob is very agressive and mooving fast, then you will spend ammo and decay for no damage
- If you team and kill a mob, the mob is dead on the floor, 3 people try to loot it in the same time, the first one all is ok but the other players will loose a shoot ...

As i said it was possible to do this usage for the Autoclic but thats a shame to implement such thing for the Right Click, and it does not solve any PK problem.

MA SHAME ON YOU, I AM PRETTY SURE THIS WAS DONE TO GET 5% or 10% OF AMMO OF PLAYERS, AND NOT TO BLOCK ANY PK !!

Pull up health bar of the mob click on health bar and set autufire! ;)

lol ... did you try what you said ? Your avatar is so slow to turn when the mob move that other people fire 3 shoot when you do only one

For me it is just a way for MA to get more PEDs ! Sorry but thats my feeling, this was no link with PK problem so why to change it ? (and to forget to detail this information in the relase notes ...)

lol ... did you try what you said ? Your avatar is so slow to turn when the mob move that other people fire 3 shoot when you do only one

Yes i use that all the time, when in team i press space bar for direction if needed!

Fully agree with OP - instead of 10% misses MA targets some more.

Please don't bring the health bar method into the discussion - it takes extra movements, if lag is not usefull at all. Besides, maybe next VU they'll took it out as well, what then?

I want to be able to map my right-click mouse to any action then - can at least have that? I'll map it to loot.

Last edited:
Fully agree with OP - instead of 10% misses MA targets some more.

Please don't bring the health bar method into the discussion - it takes extra movements,

Too late!!

guess i should hunt more and learn what im talking about a bit :)

I do it like that, pull the health bars of mobs and fire.
I must confess i don't realy understand what the right click change is about....:silly2:

I do it like that, pull the health bars of mobs and fire.
I must confess i don't realy understand what the right click change is about....:silly2:

Same here really can someone find me a mountain next to a molehill pic to post here please 8)

Right click on a mob that move fast when you have lag and you will understand that you loose your ammo and decay ...
Try to team and loot a mob using the right click in the same time than a friend and you will see that one of you fire on the floor ...

I don't see what everybody is on either.. when you would Right-Click a menu would pop up letting you loot/drop bom/shoot etc.. but that would also require the left click function to select that action. So I don't see what everybody is on.. I've never used the Right-Click for anything since it was usless. Maybe the OP or someone can elaborate more on what is going on instead of whining and complaining? :)

~Danimal

Right click on a mob that move fast when you have lag and you will understand that you loose your ammo and decay ...
Try to team and loot a mob using the right click in the same time than a friend and you will see that one of you fire on the floor ...

Maybe I'm wrong but when you R-Click on a mob that is DEAD you still had to L-Click the option you wanted... i.e. "Loot" so why not just map a loot button or drag out the HP bar to click it? 1 click vice 2 click = win :)

But like I said.. please elaborate... maybe I just don't understand what everybody is fussing about..

~Danimal

I don't see what everybody is on either.. when you would Right-Click a menu would pop up letting you loot/drop bom/shoot etc.. but that would also require the left click function to select that action. So I don't see what everybody is on.. I've never used the Right-Click for anything since it was usless. Maybe the OP or someone can elaborate more on what is going on instead of whining and complaining? :)

~Danimal

May be you never have any lag and a mob mooving fast ? When you fire on a mob using left click if you are not fast enough (because of lag) you shoot for nothing. The good way to solve this problem was to use right click. MA decided to remove this function of the right click.
This is absolutly not link to PK problem, so why to remove it if it helps low configuration computers ?

And dont u use right click to loot mob ? Be very accurate now, because if you right click one pixel away you fire on the floor ...

Maybe I'm wrong but when you R-Click on a mob that is DEAD you still had to L-Click the option you wanted... i.e. "Loot"

Not at all. Shoot mob dead, right click as it drops, instant loot.

I don't drag bars (except on Aurli as hard to loot with right click), don't use move to target etc. just play as I would in a normal fps game, aim (left click), shoot (left click/auto), loot (right click) :D Now though if you're on small mobs and trying to loot them using right click you can lose the target and if holding your gun it fires into the air wasting ammo.

I've never used the Right-Click for anything since it was usless.

How do you loot mobs then? Curious :)

Last edited:

So don't do that...

when you would Right-Click a menu would pop up letting you loot/drop bom/shoot etc.. but that would also require the left click function to select that action. So I don't see what everybody is on.. I've never used the Right-Click for anything since it was usless. Maybe the OP or someone can elaborate more on what is going on instead of whining and complaining? :)

~Danimal

No menu in this case, just right click to loot.

I had to drag hp bars on my last hunt, was a pain in the arse.

tbh, I actually considered my mouse to be busted lol :laugh:

May be you never have any lag and a mob mooving fast ? When you fire on a mob using left click if you are not fast enough (because of lag) you shoot for nothing. The good way to solve this problem was to use right click. MA decided to remove this function of the right click.
This is absolutly not link to PK problem, so why to remove it if it helps low configuration computers ?

And dont u use right click to loot mob ? Be very accurate now, because if you right click one pixel away you fire on the floor ...

I always have lag but I still click on the left button .. because if you click on the right button a menu pops up and you have to left click on the action you want. This is slow since it is a two step process.

How do you loot mobs then? Curious :)

I have the HP bar dragged out for all mobs in my range at all times and click this when I want to loot it :)

But can someone correct me if I'm wrong? How was it faster to right-click while hunting for shooting and looting? I'll kindly shut up if I'm wrong then..

~Danimal

Reactions: das
How was it faster to right-click while hunting for shooting and looting? I'll kindly shut up if I'm wrong then..

~Danimal

You only save time and hassle in not dragging hp bars..you could just right click.

Auto-fire, stop, rmb

I have the HP bar dragged out for all mobs in my range at all times and click this when I want to loot it :)

I'd go insane doing that all day everyday. I can't even cope with more than two hunts on Aurli dragging bars.

But can someone correct me if I'm wrong? How was it faster to right-click while hunting for shooting and looting? I'll kindly shut up if I'm wrong then..

Not dragging bars saves time for a start but apart from that I don't know as don't hunt like this either (apart from the looting part) :laugh:

Danimal : using Aim mode you dont have any menu when you right click

What i realise here is nobody use controls in the same way, so thats why some people dont understand the problem of people like me...
I am curious to see the way some of you play lol

Dragging bar is ok for solo hunt or a mob that dont move too much ... For team hunt where u use long range weapon and go as far as possible from other team members in order to avoid maximum of armor decay to drag the mob bar is too slow if the mob run fast.

I'd go insane doing that all day everyday. I can't even cope with more than two hunts on Aurli dragging bars.

Not dragging bars saves time for a start but apart from that I don't know as don't hunt like this either :laugh:

Oh I've always hunted like this.. I find it far more effective over double clicking to loot.

Since you can drag a bar, shoot it while it's comming at you then drag another bar and when that foo is dead repeat. No time to R-Click that way! Just wastes time :)

I like this method because it keeps a constant flow of mobs comming in.. I would go insane hunting one mob at a time (as I suspect this is what the R-Click function is for?)

I guess I understand what everybody is upset about now.. thanks for some more tid bits of information.

~Danimal

What i realise here is nobody use controls in the same way, so thats why some people dont understand the problem of people like me...

i have played the same way since i started 8 years ago..in fps mode...just aim and leftclick till mob/person is dead and rightclick to loot it

i have played the same way since i started 8 years ago..in fps mode...just aim and leftclick till mob/person is dead and rightclick to loot it

Same, except I usually switch to cursor mode and double-click the mob instead of right clicking it... or pull the health bar and click that to shoot/loot :dunno:

Use the built in feature of dragging mob health bar, then using the auto use tool(or press mouse1 button) it works wonderful. Btw I hunt mostly like this, but when it's small mobs I use my hands and aim myself in first person mode, since it's a pain in the ass having to drag the health bar every time. However I did use most of the time right click at last shot in order to loot the mob, but if you have toggled your target's health bar and use right click I'm sure it works the same way.

In my opinion MA should make so mobs can still be auto aimed with right click, because when a big amount of players have been using a thing for a long time, and suddenly it gets changed: Threads such as this comes up. And after a few days it will have 20+ pages of "whining". So I think MA needs to fix this ASAP.

I've never really saw a point to using First Person mode to hunt, it seems far more efficient to be in Third Person mode because you can see all the mobs on the radar. When in First Person mode your view is limited (thus more for slow solo-hunting).

Dragging bar is ok for solo hunt or a mob that dont move too much ... For team hunt where u use long range weapon and go as far as possible from other team members in order to avoid maximum of armor decay to drag the mob bar is too slow if the mob run fast.

In First Person mode I guess it would be rather hard to drag the hp bar..

It sucks for all the First Person Players I guess.. thanks for that. No wonder this was "nerfed" because it would make it rather easy to kill people in PVP using this method. Now that PVP is same in First Person and Third Person I guess it is fairly balanced.

Thanks for helping me understand this better :)

~Danimal

So nice to not be alone :hug::laugh:

I've never really saw a point to using First Person mode to hunt, it seems far more efficient to be in Third Person mode because you can see all the mobs on the radar. When in First Person mode your view is limited (thus more for slow solo-hunting)

I constantly switch between 1st and 3rd person in Aim Mode. I have one key set up specifically to just press and zoom between the two in a flash. Makes hunting big mobs less boring and I wouldn't say it makes for slow hunting as I'm pretty fast at pulling mobs in events :D

Last edited:
How was it faster to right-click while hunting for shooting and looting? I'll kindly shut up if I'm wrong then..

~Danimal

This difference is causing a great deal of confusion in this discussion.

I have always assumed that hunters would be operating in 1st-person POV, Aim mode. It was a major revelation that many very skilled hunters remain in 3rd-person POV, and do not use aim mode.

I have plinked at a few mobs since the change, and it has not caused any overshoot for me, mob still loots on death. Team and group events have always been a crapshoot for me anyway because of the lag, so I tend to avoid them. I guess that is where the biggest impact is felt.

So nice to not be alone :hug::laugh:

I constantly switch between 1st and 3rd person in Aim Mode. I have one key set up specifically to just press and zoom between the two in a flash. Makes hunting big mobs less boring and I wouldn't say it makes for slow hunting as I'm pretty fast at pulling mobs in events :D

I will agree with you, hunting is very very booring but it is what it is. Had this game not have a RCE attached to it I wouldn't be playing as much as I do. Also I didn't say you were a slow hunter, on the contrary. You are one of the top leveled female players I have ever seen in "action" ;)

But... not everybody is a Nadie ;)

~Danimal

/signed

I've always finished mobs via right click spam.

To those of you who have always clicked the hp bar - congratulations. I guess we're going to have to all start doing that now to hunt as efficiently as possible, and any skill differential among players being able to quickly swap between targets will be removed.

Awesome change :mad:

Back