PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
MindArk Goldcard Offer
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Developer-Notes---1

Developer Notes #1

This Entropia Universe Buzz article is the first in a new series of Developer Notes where the development team at MindArk will share various tips and bits of information about Entropia Universe with our participants. Some Developer Notes will address important issues that we have noticed being discussed on community forums, while others will be prompted by feedback and questions received via support cases. Our goal with the Developer Notes series is to help participants better understand MindArk’s goals for Entropia Universe, and hopefully correct several misconceptions that have arisen within the community that we feel might help participants make more informed decisions for their avatars. We hope that you find the Developer Notes articles interesting and informative.

Independent Lootpools - One concern that we see very often on community forums, especially when a big All Time High is achieved, is that one profession is unfairly “financing” a huge loot in another profession. This misconception often results in one group of participants (i.e. hunters) becoming upset or frustrated that their activity is being used to fund the rewards given to another group of participants (i.e. miners). To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.

Resource Distribution - In order to promote interplanetary trade and to stimulate the growth of local planetary economies, the availability of various resources will be periodically adjusted on each of the different planets within Entropia Universe. The MindArk balancing team monitors resource availability and distribution among the planets very closely, and is constantly making adjustments to achieve the goals of local planetary economy growth and interplanetary trade. One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants to profit from shifts in supply and demand in local planetary markets and creates opportunities for speculation. Another benefit is that the reallocation process creates a more dynamic and challenging universe for participants to enjoy and adapt to.

Originally Posted Here

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Iveline Ivi Stockhouse
    Society
    BAHQ
    Images
    A great idea, hope to see them weekly (or preferably more often)
    Total deposits: 19.600 peds || Total withdrawals: 45.000 peds
    Skills: 270k
    Peds 'scammed' from me: ~44.000 peds

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Ron Danton Thetin
    Society
    Dark Knights Squires
    Images
    Thats a great move from Developers, to give an official statement about Lootpool. That is the way of communication I like. Waiting for more Developers Notes. Thx.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Adrian Adi Martis
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    I bet the next note will appear in like 2-3 months, that's if it will appear.

It's not the first attempt from MA to create a constant line of communication with the playerbase which ended up after first contact
    Adi's Healing Service - Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack
    Add Adrian Adi Martis on FL from Player Register for later use

To be honest, you haven't succeeded very well in creating opportunities. I don't want to give a simple solution, but you could think about giving better returns at crafting, or even better so that people wouldn't have to cycle so much dollars in crafting to get even mediocre return. In this scenario crafters could plan their actions and this "loophole" would then benefit every profession, after you had settled loot tables in hunting. Every mob should have its own specific loot, then we can speak about demand. Mining is already quite working, but it's just refreshing that you make changes to it. To avoid people camping certain minerals you should just lessen the claim spawn in certain "overmined" areas, or something like "hot" mineral. But of course this isn't necessary if you can publish new content like space and vehicles, which raise markup of minerals.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    I think that is the first official post ever about how loot works. The world MUST be ending or I'm dreaming, lol.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Eve Damsel Online
    Society
    Mine To Extract
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HardWrath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    9 years I've been playing EU, you still are new. By looking through your posts in other threads and seeing how you attack nearly everyone, I can tell already you won't last long in EU.

Pissing in the Loot Pool under a Falling Skies since 2009-04-23

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    gacoo satans hunter
    Society
    The Gladiators
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertha Bot View Post
    Resource Distribution - In order to promote interplanetary trade and to stimulate the growth of local planetary economies, the availability of various resources will be periodically adjusted on each of the different planets within Entropia Universe. The MindArk balancing team monitors resource availability and distribution among the planets very closely, and is constantly making adjustments to achieve the goals of local planetary economy growth and interplanetary trade. One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants to profit from shifts in supply and demand in local planetary markets and creates opportunities for speculation. Another benefit is that the reallocation process creates a more dynamic and challenging universe for participants to enjoy and adapt to.

Originally Posted Here

Like advertising Rock Tropia with huge niksarium availability? If each planet had it's ''own'' unique resource that can be found only there, and which would sell for nice MU on other planets, then yeah.. people could live off that.. but this? How fair is that calypso barely HAS any niks? and RT has plenty to supply the whole frikin game?

Ballance it out already.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mastermesh Mesh
    Society
    Kaos
    Blog Entries
    Images
    To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.
    Unfortunately, a large loot in one profession ALWAYS has an impact on other professions due to supply/demand... If someone suddenly has a ton of x, and they flood the market with it, the price on that likely will go down a little.

It is nice to be comforted to know that a global in mining has no direct impact on the loot pool in hunting or crafting though. In low level crafting I have always noticed that it seems that you get a little more back in residue or whatever if a big time high level crafter starts spamming globals left and right. I have always been an advocate of the theory that the losses in the high level crafting is where the gains are in the low level crafting at that very second or within a few minutes after that. Not sure there's any way to prove or disprove it though. I suspect that that's why I'm out there hunting puny mobs with a whip I might end up with a handful of blp ammo or other type of ammo now and then. It's coming from misses or no looters that others are having at the same time elsewhere in hunting. Same with residue on crafting filters, etc. that ends up returning more than total tt value per click I'm putting in, etc.

I'd imagine it's sort of similar with hunting/mining and crafting if that is the way it is... big time nrf and no looters feed the low end loots at that instant? Seems logical to me, but not sure that is the way it really is or not. Does not explain where the big globals come from though, leading us full circle back to the individual avatar has it's own loot pool theory.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Foeburner Nighthawk Delta
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyhä Antero View Post
    after you had settled loot tables in hunting. Every mob should have its own specific loot, then we can speak about demand.
    This is something that Kim wants to at least, not sure if it is Calypso team (that Kim is on) or MindArk that decides tho... I assume that the PP decides what each mob drops and MA decides how much and so...

Here is the quote with it, from the Normandie Radio interview transcript with Kim:
    Q26. If you had a magic wand and could change something today without having to get the team working on it for ages, what three things would you change instantly about Entropia or add? A: That is an interesting question. I would ... I’m not sure actually. I would probably revamp most of the loot tables on each creature to make it interesting and worthwhile, pretty much make each creature unique in what loot it gives. It would take a massive amount of time but it is something that could be very good. So that is one thing, and two, well.... I am actually not sure.

Link: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...=1#post2914688

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast