Developer-Notes---1

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #1[/h] This Entropia Universe Buzz article is the first in a new series of Developer Notes where the development team at MindArk will share various tips and bits of information about Entropia Universe with our participants. Some Developer Notes will address important issues that we have noticed being discussed on community forums, while others will be prompted by feedback and questions received via support cases. Our goal with the Developer Notes series is to help participants better understand MindArk’s goals for Entropia Universe, and hopefully correct several misconceptions that have arisen within the community that we feel might help participants make more informed decisions for their avatars. We hope that you find the Developer Notes articles interesting and informative.

Independent Lootpools - One concern that we see very often on community forums, especially when a big All Time High is achieved, is that one profession is unfairly “financing” a huge loot in another profession. This misconception often results in one group of participants (i.e. hunters) becoming upset or frustrated that their activity is being used to fund the rewards given to another group of participants (i.e. miners). To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.

Resource Distribution - In order to promote interplanetary trade and to stimulate the growth of local planetary economies, the availability of various resources will be periodically adjusted on each of the different planets within Entropia Universe. The MindArk balancing team monitors resource availability and distribution among the planets very closely, and is constantly making adjustments to achieve the goals of local planetary economy growth and interplanetary trade. One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants to profit from shifts in supply and demand in local planetary markets and creates opportunities for speculation. Another benefit is that the reallocation process creates a more dynamic and challenging universe for participants to enjoy and adapt to.

Originally Posted Here

A great idea, hope to see them weekly (or preferably more often)

Thats a great move from Developers, to give an official statement about Lootpool. That is the way of communication I like. Waiting for more Developers Notes. Thx.

I bet the next note will appear in like 2-3 months, that's if it will appear.

It's not the first attempt from MA to create a constant line of communication with the playerbase which ended up after first contact :laugh:

Reactions: das
To be honest, you haven't succeeded very well in creating opportunities. I don't want to give a simple solution, but you could think about giving better returns at crafting, or even better so that people wouldn't have to cycle so much dollars in crafting to get even mediocre return. In this scenario crafters could plan their actions and this "loophole" would then benefit every profession, after you had settled loot tables in hunting. Every mob should have its own specific loot, then we can speak about demand. Mining is already quite working, but it's just refreshing that you make changes to it. To avoid people camping certain minerals you should just lessen the claim spawn in certain "overmined" areas, or something like "hot" mineral. But of course this isn't necessary if you can publish new content like space and vehicles, which raise markup of minerals.

I think that is the first official post ever about how loot works. The world MUST be ending or I'm dreaming, lol.

falling-skies.jpg

Resource Distribution - In order to promote interplanetary trade and to stimulate the growth of local planetary economies, the availability of various resources will be periodically adjusted on each of the different planets within Entropia Universe. The MindArk balancing team monitors resource availability and distribution among the planets very closely, and is constantly making adjustments to achieve the goals of local planetary economy growth and interplanetary trade. One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants to profit from shifts in supply and demand in local planetary markets and creates opportunities for speculation. Another benefit is that the reallocation process creates a more dynamic and challenging universe for participants to enjoy and adapt to.

Originally Posted Here

Like advertising Rock Tropia with huge niksarium availability? If each planet had it's ''own'' unique resource that can be found only there, and which would sell for nice MU on other planets, then yeah.. people could live off that.. but this? How fair is that calypso barely HAS any niks? and RT has plenty to supply the whole frikin game?

Ballance it out already.

To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.
Unfortunately, a large loot in one profession ALWAYS has an impact on other professions due to supply/demand... If someone suddenly has a ton of x, and they flood the market with it, the price on that likely will go down a little.

It is nice to be comforted to know that a global in mining has no direct impact on the loot pool in hunting or crafting though. In low level crafting I have always noticed that it seems that you get a little more back in residue or whatever if a big time high level crafter starts spamming globals left and right. I have always been an advocate of the theory that the losses in the high level crafting is where the gains are in the low level crafting at that very second or within a few minutes after that. Not sure there's any way to prove or disprove it though. I suspect that that's why I'm out there hunting puny mobs with a whip I might end up with a handful of blp ammo or other type of ammo now and then. It's coming from misses or no looters that others are having at the same time elsewhere in hunting. Same with residue on crafting filters, etc. that ends up returning more than total tt value per click I'm putting in, etc.

I'd imagine it's sort of similar with hunting/mining and crafting if that is the way it is... big time nrf and no looters feed the low end loots at that instant? Seems logical to me, but not sure that is the way it really is or not. Does not explain where the big globals come from though, leading us full circle back to the individual avatar has it's own loot pool theory.

Last edited:
after you had settled loot tables in hunting. Every mob should have its own specific loot, then we can speak about demand.

This is something that Kim wants to at least, not sure if it is Calypso team (that Kim is on) or MindArk that decides tho... I assume that the PP decides what each mob drops and MA decides how much and so...

Here is the quote with it, from the Normandie Radio interview transcript with Kim:
Q26. If you had a magic wand and could change something today without having to get the team working on it for ages, what three things would you change instantly about Entropia or add? A: That is an interesting question. I would ... I’m not sure actually. I would probably revamp most of the loot tables on each creature to make it interesting and worthwhile, pretty much make each creature unique in what loot it gives. It would take a massive amount of time but it is something that could be very good. So that is one thing, and two, well.... I am actually not sure.

Link: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...mandie-Radio&p=2914688&viewfull=1#post2914688

It is nice to be comforted to know that a global in mining has no direct impact on the loot pool in hunting or crafting though. .... Does not explain where the big globals come from though, leading us full circle back to the individual avatar has it's own loot pool theory.

true, it does steer people towards thinking that a big global / hof / ath on hunting is funded by other hunters loses.

It answers it partially but I'd like to now a bit more.

1) Is this per mob / bp / ore?

2) Is this limited per planet or universe wide? Can a hof / ath on one planet affect the loot on another in the same profession.

Last edited:
Developer Notes #1

Great stuff, keep them coming.

On the first issue, nice to see that cleared up a bit.
On the second issue, we need auction history MU graphs to be planet-based.

Please redistribute some resources soon...I think some of the higher MU calypso resources all ended up on one planet with the exception of some smaller claims on a few others...I realize that some planets need help with attracting players to them but this last redistribution was a bit too one-sided..I didn't necessarily mind it but it caused very high MU problems on some ores..It could be balanced a bit more so those ores don't go through the roof any more than they did on prices, cuz people take too much advantage of these changes...I like the idea of changing them every so often...bravo to that!

Like advertising Rock Tropia with huge niksarium availability? If each planet had it's ''own'' unique resource that can be found only there, and which would sell for nice MU on other planets, then yeah..

Kinda true, if you think what's the competition between planet partners in stats of tools, mission rewards, drop rate of items, best MU minerals etc etc. Is this what planet partnership is all about?! Next I would like to know, where does MA/PP/CLD holders' revenue come from... Knowing actions of Neverdie, I think it's not just accident that his planet's mobs decay armor a lot, and most of the minerals have low tt value so your excavator decays a lot etc etc. + all his accidentally highly taxed areas. This is what MA really supports?

Like advertising Rock Tropia with huge niksarium availability? If each planet had it's ''own'' unique resource that can be found only there, and which would sell for nice MU on other planets, then yeah.. people could live off that.. but this? How fair is that calypso barely HAS any niks? and RT has plenty to supply the whole frikin game?

Ballance it out already.

Yes!!!111

And better give me shitload of PEDs. (iddqd, idkfa, idspispopd (idclip))

Kinda true, if you think what's the competition between planet partners in stats of tools, mission rewards, drop rate of items, best MU minerals etc etc. Is this what planet partnership is all about?! Next I would like to know, where does MA/PP/CLD holders' revenue come from... Knowing actions of Neverdie, I think it's not just accident that his planet's mobs decay armor a lot, and most of the minerals have low tt value so your excavator decays a lot etc etc. + all his accidentally highly taxed areas. This is what MA really supports?

doesnt make sense that in order maximize decay making minerals low tt, as you will waste more time extracting than bombimg which decays faster
LA that have been sold in predevelopment and such have a fixed taxed by MA of 5 % which they cant change

To those who cry about RT: Niks has been always there, not suddenly appeared due to some rebalancing, and as for profiting there, go there n mine then cry for 60% (or under) TT return, feel free to try

LA that have been sold in predevelopment and such have a fixed taxed by MA of 5 % which they cant change

And you believe in this? I don't. Hell's taxes go to charity, even that's kinda hard to believe. If they wouldn't want to tax us, NDS would have removed LAs by now.

[h=3]Developer Notes #1[/h]

Originally Posted Here

speculation= FAIL, dear MA if you want a link I'll provide you one, RL(real life).

I don't understand why is so difficult for you to understand that Project Entropia is what most of the players loved and want, you can add some new things to that, it was not perfect, but you could actually have fun there.

This Dev note actually explain it all, speculation, how far from gambling is that!!??

In real life people look for something stable, if you, MindArk, say that speculation is the KEY than you actually accept this 'game' is extremely close to gambling. Actually this is how game works ATM, 1% get a hof 99% pays for it, 1% happy(for the moment) 99% not happy at all.

How about some more stable environment, where 50% lose 50 win?? I don't say ATH should not exist, I just wish you could play the game without fear you'll be robed. I don't think you should let one lose huge amount off money over a short period of time, no matter what, DO your job, balancing this... game.

It's good that there are different loot pools for every profession. How about making lootpools for every player, and try not to rob then in week, 'milk' then for 10 years and they will stay, rob them in a week and they 'll be gone.

Regarding balancing planets, I think ALL resources and items should be unique for each planet, a planet should have their own players, all you can have on a new planet is your skill, let them grow their player base, make their items.

In order to promote interplanetary trade and to stimulate the growth of local planetary economies, the availability of various resources will be periodically adjusted on each of the different planets within Entropia Universe. The MindArk balancing team monitors resource availability and distribution among the planets very closely, and is constantly making adjustments to achieve the goals of local planetary economy growth and interplanetary trade. One exciting side effect of this process is that it creates unique opportunities for observant and industrious participants to profit from shifts in supply and demand in local planetary markets and creates opportunities for speculation. Another benefit is that the reallocation process creates a more dynamic and challenging universe for participants to enjoy and adapt to.
My opinion, we saw how this will be implemented with the "esi rain" on other planets than calypso the end of 2011. The esis where almost not lootable on Caly at that point. But imho it also served the purpose of getting the activity of the planet partners up by the end of the year. Guess the minerals not found on Caly but on other planets is a similar move.
Overall, nice of MA to give at least some statements about the lootpool, thanks.

The value of the separate lootpools is presumably determined by the TT value of items consumed, i.e ammo, bombs, materials, plus decay.

So Mining, where most resources are sold above MU, gives a return above its lootpool.

Crafting might be neutral, having MU on both inputs and outputs.

But Hunting, where L items have to be bought with MU (from Crafters), and nearly all loot is only TT, gives a return below the size of its lootpool.

Or have I misunderstood the implications of separate lootpools?

And of course, if an ATH is not shared across all three professions, its effect on its own profession is three times greater. I don't find this reassuring.

At least this would dismiss the idea of personal lootpools (unless we have three).

Last edited:
A step in the right direction, look forward to more!

And you believe in this? I don't. Hell's taxes go to charity, even that's kinda hard to believe. If they wouldn't want to tax us, NDS would have removed LAs by now.

Fort Freedom will be removed and Evil Cathedral land area has been reduced to only cover the cathedral grounds. This will take effect next VU.

The Tax from hell has been used for good deeds.

This is true, it links to my personal Facebook account. I do have an account for my avatar too though which is Olivia LivForever. My personal page has a few Entropian friends and TONS of MS friends I met around the globe whom I met on Facebook.Although a rich friend came through for me when I needed it most and NEVERDIE did not use the money originally raised for my Liberation fund, he was so concerned that it did not get me back on my feet again, that he bought and had shipped 2 expensive post-op leg braces to me! I could never have afforded them on my own, and will start wearing them in bed this week.Thanks again Jon for all you have done for me, and for continuing to give me hope every time I think there is none!And for all you who doubt his kind and generous nature, I have seen nothing posted about this on the Net. :ahh:

It not just RT where you can get Nik

I like mining Niksarium and Durulium untaxed on Arkadia...Gives me a chance to get away from all the BS on other planets and the greedy grinders..Not to mention, getting to mine other high MU resources used in Arkadia BP's that are becomming popular as well..So I voted no I like the new redistribution of different resources throughout the solar system or galaxy or whatever you wanna call it...

This is good news for sure :)

Good move to keep the community informed! :)

Reactions: das
[h=3]Developer Notes #1[/h] ......

+Rep to MA. A step in the right direction with increasing transparency and treading a very uncharted territory of disclosure.

Daisy likes this...

It is not something we "believe" it is something we know as it has been confirmed by at least one planet partner. I have no comment on Hell and charity.

It is not something we "believe" it is something we know as it has been confirmed by at least one planet partner. I have no comment on Hell and charity.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 'charity' that Hell's taxes was going to go towards not go there per request of the person who was to be the recepient of those taxes?

Yes Combo have right about personal lootpool btw i pay for some players to whitdraw money ..i never press that whitdraw buton btw:) Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. Your committed deposits into your Entropia Universe account sum 142,190.10 PED in total. If you wish, we can provide you with a PDF list of all deposits if you confirm that your email address is up to date.

And ty Mindark for the info

Back