Developer-Notes---1

I don't understand why is so difficult for you to understand that Project Entropia is what most of the players loved and want, you can add some new things to that, it was not perfect, but you could actually have fun there.

That is ridiculous. Most players have no experience with, or even knowledge of, Project Entropia. Don't conflate what you want with what you think "most players" want.

And, to MA - Keep the dev notes coming!

:beerchug:
Miles

The real challenge for MA will be to avoid a future where we will say "aah ... the developer notes".
It is a nice idea to post information like this, so I hope this doesn't become an MA-loose-end-initiative.

Regards,

Atami

ohoh here come the theories :) take it with a smile and adapt to the changes :)

hmm the info on the lootpools makes me wonder...

if the lootpool only has effect on its own profession, there there is "hardly"( take this with a smile ) a way to speak of personal loot pools, this has been said more about new players hitting 8k-10k, due to the fact they have not build up any personal pool or does this mean a negative personal pool and still the possibility to the shared loot pool?

another thing crossing my mind and many of the people i know, during robot event, the common mobs known to hit big on daily/weekly/monthly base havn't been hitting this big, thus this effect tends to speak of a mob based loot pool aswell, equalling the suspected reason, less hunters = less peds going into = less peds going out.

So either we speak of a triple based lootpool, wich in my eyes would be most logically, based upon profession + mob and personal.
Or we speak of a double based pool, thus profession and personal.
OR we speak of a single based pool, purely based upon the profession.

hell onto a different subject otherwise ill start making polls :)

On the subject of the rebalancing, MA has made it harder for itself then ever, but that is just my opinion ( i know they do their best), the easiest and simplest way ever was to cut out all of the loot/ores/enmatter and reschedule all based upon MU. Same is best to do with hunting loots in my opinion.

Well im done with theories i rather then just enjoy the game and go with the flow!
Oh for those wondering why?! just take it with a smile :)

Its the MA, which never mentions anything about the loot...

And now they have made ​​some concessions that we have been complaining a little too much in recent times.

The only way I can interpret this is to MA trying once again to mislead us by saying something but we all know how heavy their words carry.:deal:

You can write all you want but who believes in you, the game is rigged everyone knows that, depends on if you from MA likes the avatar or if you doing some PR or secret deals with some avatars.

Last edited:
Everytime MA tries to do something postive people just start bitching. I for one think the two things they just mentioned is great for the players to know. I think having certain resources more abundant on certain planets is great. Just like the real world.

The only way I can interpret this is to MA trying once again to mislead us by saying something but we all know how heavy their words carry.:deal:

You can write all you want but who believes in you, the game is rigged everyone knows that, depends on if you from MA likes the avatar or if you doing some PR or secret deals with some avatars.

Sorry, not to be rude, but if you disbelieve MindArk so much and trust them so little... why are you still here? I just mean it seems weird to do dealings with a company you have no faith in?

Sorry, not to be rude, but if you disbelieve MindArk so much and trust them so little... why are you still here? I just mean it seems weird to do dealings with a company you have no faith in?

I would have been here a long time ago but now I have a special battle to MA where I give them a chance to answer me before I hire my lawyer.

Look here..

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?224063-MA-is-fast

First they lied to me and tried many other things.

To MA if you try agen to delite something np i have copys on all what i wrote here and in support.

This is a good start to give us details. But what was provided? It was too broad and too non-specific to even pull anything useful from it. So they have provided information that then turns out to still be nothing.

All i pull from this, big ATH's dont effect other professions.

Dont get me wrong. I like the try, but please do not provide broad undetailed information in these.
As it provides more things to talk about.

Dev notes should be on the dot. Specific. In detail.

For example: dont answer the question "do each avatar have their own loot pool?" with like this.

Avatars have their own loot they receive, another avatars loot does not effect anothers.

It provides something but at the same time nothing at all

Like i said, i like the post, its a good start. I do appreciate it to MA. It just needs more detail.

This is a good start to give us details. But what was provided? It was too broad and too non-specific to even pull anything useful from it. So they have provided information that then turns out to still be nothing.

All i pull from this, big ATH's dont effect other professions.

Dont get me wrong. I like the try, but please do not provide broad undetailed information in these.
As it provides more things to talk about.

Dev notes should be on the dot. Specific. In detail.

For example: dont answer the question "do each avatar have their own loot pool?" with like this.

Avatars have their own loot they receive, another avatars loot does not effect anothers.

It provides something but at the same time nothing at all

Like i said, i like the post, its a good start. I do appreciate it to MA. It just needs more detail.
You hit the head on the nail. It's these words that don't mean much because they can be interpreted multiple ways that has always been the problem. Hopefully the new regime will change that going foward.

Classic Example from the 2007 q&a - http://entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Q_&_A_MindArk_2007

Post 17
There are certain items that have disappeared completely from the game, or are stuck on old avatars not active anymore. I think it’s a shame that those items will be lost in history (and in some cases, all we have is pictures to know they existed). Not only talking about equipment, but rare clothing-pieces. We all know clothing doesn’t drop anymore so getting it back seems rather hopeless unless you plan to do something about it. Do MindArk in any way plan for these items to have their "return" on Calypso? - Submitted by Skam

We have no plans to return these items.

VS

Post 121
Rare Items/Ores and especially Blueprints in inactive accounts are a huge balancing problem, because they can be reactivated. Limited Items avoid this problem. But what will you do to balance the existing rare Blueprints (etc) in inactive accounts? - Submitted by schnups

The inactive accounts are eventually purged and the items go back to Entropia open market. All this is taken account for in the balancing.

Another classic is when Marco made a big statement that it's so important that items be recycled when the tiering process was added, which is why there was a need for a second item in ingredient list, and then a little while later, blamo, the whole system is revised to change that...

It's a problem when there's answers that are broad, and/or answers that contradict one another as in the above example from a few years back.

It's never good to say one thing, and then completely go a different direction later without ever mentioning why the first statment was wrong, etc. Yes, plans do change over time, and yes, EU is dynamic, but come on. How can you expect to be taken seriously when everything and anything can change 360 degrees at any point in time, with no reasons given as to why, etc. Stuff like that irritates people because it is a REAL CASH econonmy. With the RCE, there should at least be some stability in the 'rules' about what will and won't happen. With the amount of bugs, nonworking items/estates/systems, etc... It is nice that a gameplan is given now and then but it's never nice when deadlines on those plans are not met, and/or when systems and items and estates that people have already paid for now no longer work, etc. Yes, I'm probably ranting too much here, but this is the type of stuff I'm hoping some of the future dev notes might address and/or resolve.

I do think it's a good effort. Just hoping future dev notes are more concise, less broad, and address some of the longstanding things that people complain about in the forums and elsewhere, both in game and online, etc. Fix the problems. Don't just talk in cyptic circles. We have enough of the hidden messages from the bots.

Last edited:
Better late than never I suppose ;)

Edit:
To those who say otherwise, I do believe that this statement is as specific as it can get without handing an actual treasuremap.

Thank you for this information Mind Ark :) + rep

My dream MA explain each skills and influence in activity or just skill to change slot machine
but still dream

Nice, this is something I've wanted for some time. :)

Funny that the loot pool worked as I wanted it it to do for some years ago,
nice to see it actually were that way... :D

Maybe we shouldn't mix up that loot pool info where payout comes from,
with how it's built up per player... ;)

maybe the next note could clarify the "perception theory", so that misconception would be officially nulled as well? :smoke:

J.

maybe the next note could clarify the "perception theory", so that misconception would be officially nulled as well? :smoke:

J.

Would be even more fun if it actually weren't a misconception. :D ;)

J.

I don't think MA wants to go there.. Cause I definitely wouldn't. The theories some people bake up are comedy gold.

I don't think MA wants to go there.. Cause I definitely wouldn't. The theories some people bake up are comedy gold.

They could make a "Loot Theory of the Month" series in their buzz :laugh:

Excellent information from MA. I think it's fantastic that some silence is broken!! :yup:

Thanks MA for the information!! :)

How often will they post one of these?

The intention is pretty clear to me, if the fat ath drops in hunting..
Pls ppl, don't stop playing, just go mine or craft.
Thx for killing my believe in a personal lootpool :laugh:

The intention is pretty clear to me, if the fat ath drops in hunting..
Pls ppl, don't stop playing, just go mine or craft.
Thx for killing my believe in a personal lootpool :laugh:

There could still be a "personal lootpool" (I think it's more like accounting), just that if you are due something and the hunting "loot pool" is dried up, you aren't getting it there, at that time.

There could still be a "personal lootpool" (I think it's more like accounting), just that if you are due something and the hunting "loot pool" is dried up, you aren't getting it there, at that time.
My believes are that, if you don't have the "X" factor on your ava, you won't be getting it anyways.

Omg, I am impressed! This is the first time in 6 years of being part of EU, that I've actually seen some honest and straight up communication. Thumbs up for MA!

Now I got three questions: Does Lootius exist or he is just a myth?
Are you planing to actually increase the % avg loot in the future?
And what do you guys plan with the infamous EGG.
Maybe something you guys can answer in the next developer notes.

So if I go into a dome aiming to mine for MU, I will be getting constant losses as the drop rate for the ores I am aiming for is tweaked to be rarer?

Or am I reading wrong?

Does that then mean we should not only look at MU but what actually HoFs and globals easily?

E.g. alternative and duru doesn't pop much hofs.

My dream MA explain each skills and influence in activity or just skill to change slot machine
but still dream
Then you need a lot of skills 800k ??.:laugh:

Bertha Bot;2946079 [B said:
Independent Lootpools[/B] - One concern that we see very often on community forums, especially when a big All Time High is achieved, is that one profession is unfairly “financing” a huge loot in another profession. This misconception often results in one group of participants (i.e. hunters) becoming upset or frustrated that their activity is being used to fund the rewards given to another group of participants (i.e. miners). To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing) are completely independent of one another, and that a large loot in one profession has absolutely no impact on potential loots in any of the other professions.

Originally Posted Here

Wow!!!! Now Bertha you've opened up a can of worms there I can't stop smiling.

I wonder if you could be so kind to answer and confirm if Mindforce also has its own loot pool or if this is included in the hunting loot pool. Mindforce was not mentioned in the proffessions above, yet it has its own profession listing.

Assuming there is a seperate loot pool, if you use both guns and chips on the same mob could you potential pull loot from both pools?

So is MF including in the hunting loot pool or not please?

So my thoughts are (I don't expect you to confirm this one), that loot is personal but you can only pull it from the available loot pool. So if is already drained your screwed, if its full, you got damn good chance to hit something nice, or added to the owed list.

Loot pools ehhhh.....very interesting.

Careful now bertha don't go giving too much away, my advice is run anything by the boss before you post it.

Rick

I wonder if you could be so kind to answer and confirm if Mindforce also has its own loot pool or if this is included in the hunting loot pool. Mindforce was not mentioned in the proffessions above, yet it has its own profession listing.

LMAO!!! Did you even read the info Bertha posted?

"To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing)..."

You cannot craft with Mindforce, nor can you mine with it, so...

Of course Mindforce is hunting. :duh:

Back