Developer-Notes---1

LMAO!!! Did you even read the info Bertha posted?

"To hopefully dispel this misconception, we would like to inform participants that the loot pools for each main profession (hunting, mining and manufacturing)..."

You cannot craft with Mindforce, nor can you mine with it, so...

Of course Mindforce is hunting. :duh:

have you heard the saying "assumption is mother of all f*** ups"?

I agree Mindforce is hunting, I am merely seeking clarity, since MF could've been over looked.

Anyhow to me its an important question since I share my time between both MF and hunting (which ARE seperate tabs on the profession listings). a repsonse to my question will have consequences how I hunt in future, so my question remains.

Ever asked yourself why MF has a seperate proffessional listing, if it is just "hunting"? There must be a reason for it.

In fact I'm surprised the community hasn't debated the whole Mindark news release in detail. Most of us have thought about loot for years and how it works, yet there is little debate at all. Maybe you could put your efforts to how you think this effects loot returns rather than attempt to seek personal gratification from belittling others.

I look forward to your indepth post

Chuckles.

Rick

I look forward to your indepth post

Chuckles.

Personally, I don't think MindArk would ever reveal any specific details about how loot works. Although I am surprised that they even revealed as much as they did in this recent communication effort, the information they provided is still sketchy at best... which is why you're looking for more information I guess.

As far as further analyzing the loot system, I frankly don't give a shit. It's not affecting me in the least. :D

Look, for the past few months everything you guys have "adjusted" broke immediately.

If it's working, don't touch it.

Look, for the past few months everything you guys have "adjusted" broke immediately.

If it's working, don't touch it.

I suspect they regard those things as not working. Trouble is, the players think an ATM machine that punches out $10 every second for free is working - whereas MindArk think its broken.

I'm in no way shape or form suggesting they couldnt improve their code control (the constant reintroduction of the same old bugs they fixed last time clearly shows they need better code management:eyecrazy:), but the things they chose to change I'm sure they change for the better long term future of the environment.

Personally, I don't think MindArk would ever reveal any specific details about how loot works. Although I am surprised that they even revealed as much as they did in this recent communication effort, the information they provided is still sketchy at best... which is why you're looking for more information I guess.

As far as further analyzing the loot system, I frankly don't give a shit. It's not affecting me in the least. :D

I think it's partly due to the ever increasing HP mobs they've been introducing. Kim confirmed that the loot system was never designed for these sorts of mobs and the sand king and hydra both hof a lot compared to a standard mob, they even increased the likelyhood due to complaints of the no looter.

So this one statement shuts that argument down from the support requests regarding the inequality of hunting to mining and crafting and allows them to add even bigger HP mobs in the future.

If people are willing to pump thousands of ped into a mob to get a share in a 400ped hof then I'm sure MA will introduce more ;) but you can't do the same for mining or crafting.

Last edited:
I've been paitently waiting for additional notes... nothing has been posted yet. A simple "we're working on taming/bug fixes etc" would even please my anxieties..

~Danimal

I've been paitently waiting for additional notes... nothing has been posted yet. A simple "we're working on taming/bug fixes etc" would even please my anxieties..

~Danimal

Going by the frequency with which these sorts of Developer's Notes have been published in the past, I wouldn't get excited about the next lot until .. oh .. say 2022 (or so).

Don't hold your breath :laugh:

Going by the frequency with which these sorts of Developer's Notes have been published in the past, I wouldn't get excited about the next lot until .. oh .. say 2022 (or so).

Don't hold your breath :laugh:

I know this is the second attempt at this ... but I had some expectations since they said they would "try" doing it again a second time...

~Danimal

I remember MA explained once that better skills did not give better loot, but that one could only be able to use better gears..:wise:

moved to Dev2, posted to Dev1 in error.

Last edited:
I like the concept to share such info ...yet i still do not belive its 100% random...maybe 80-90% random..

Back