Big Depositors - lets start doing business with each other

Let's make a few things clear.

Asking to do business with a certain group of players, regardless of what group you decide on, is simply personal choice.

However, making disparaging remarks about those who do not meet your criteria is simply rude. No two ways about it. As is name calling when you don't meet their needs.

As for depo vs non-depo, that's always been a silly fight. Here's a few folks I know, and some "fakes" (just to keep you guessing):

• Played many years, once depo'd $10 in 1st year. Withdrew lots more since then.
  • Played many years, depo'd $10 once. Never withdrew.
  • Depo'd thousands, withdrew 30X what they depo'd.
  • Never depo'd, never withdrew.
  • Depo's only $30/month over many years, no withdrawals.
  • Wife gets occasional peds from hubby, who depo's. No withdrawals.

Oh and of course the classics most guys seem to focus on:
  • No depo, withdraws a lot.
  • Huge depo's no withdrawals.

Consider carefully how you want to handle each of these cases.

Ohh! Ohh! I got one! I know a guy who was an ambassador for MA at a convention. We got paid by MA for this work. This person has only made one deposit: The money MA paid him for the show.

How the hell does this guy fit in your depo vs non-depo class warfare? :scratch2:

Maybe I rambled too much so let me clear it up:

--Mod's note--
Knock off the class fighting. Pick your business partners, fine, but neither "side" is justified in calling the other "side" names.
--/Mod's note--

(The screenshot shows that my monthly limit is 30k ped (which is $3000 USD).

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Lightweight NOOB... I have had a 50K PED monthly limit for years.

Go home junior, mommy will give you some titty milk...

FYI - most of my major purchases have been from non-depositors like Star and Skippie. Of course, you would never do business with noobs like those.

FYI - most of my major purchases have been from non-depositors like Star and Skippie. Of course, you would never do business with noobs like those.

Troll-kings.com

Yeah no need to respond to this guy but I will anyway:

That was the limit they gave me, and I have never felt the need to raise is because I am able to do everything I want to do in the game at this point on that budget. Not sure why you need to call names. Never in my wildest dreams would I not do business with the two names you dropped. I have bought plenty from non depositors, and will do so in the future...however, I was simply trying to find other regular depositors because I would feel better spending my money with them, and shopping in their stores. It doesn't mean I think I am better than ANY other person here, I just want to try to help other depositors whenever possible.

oh, and btw aj502, pretty much at the exact moment you were on my thread trolling me, I got this: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228046-My-first-tower!

Isn't it funny how life works :king:

Oh, so if I just happen upon a thread that I disagree with, I have to be a troll now?

BUT what, dare I say, had I AGREED with it, (AND just happen to be in your class of "elite" bigtime depositors) what would I be then?
Your {removed} best buddy?

You {removed} namecall everyone that disagrees with ya, Chumley? I highly doubt that.

...Just behind a 'puter screen I am sure. Do that on a regular basis in person and you'll find out by someone how funny "life works" real fast. (Mod's Note, Be VERY careful of avoiding IRL threats.)

You ain't any better than anyone else and you'd best either get that with a quickness or go segragate yourself from us "lessers" lest you get slapped right off your {removed} high horse...Sire...

Thinking that you're "rubbing it in my face" mentioning your tower is just plain juvinile.
...As I couldn't care less whether you {removed} stay, pray or lay.
Everything you have simply cannot compare to anything I have, so the "Big Penis" contest isn't gonna play out here.

Now in conclusion, add me to whatever list you feel, M'Lord. I don't deal with people like you (for long) anyway.
You've already shown what type of Holier than Thou attitude you have, thus I'm sure have made it on some "lists" already.

I can tell with that outlook, minus you're irrelevent EU existance, your life is going to work out really "funny" for you in the future .

Good luck in your "life", Chumley...
.....Wait..........Scratch that last comment.

Tippin'

ED: SunGun? Did you REALLY just call me "Poindexter"?!
What's your next childish rebuke, "Wee-wee, Poo-poo"?
{removed} do try to grow up sometime this decade...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so if I just happen upon a thread that I disagree with, I have to be a troll now?

BUT what, dare I say, had I AGREED with it, (AND just happen to be in your class of "elite" bigtime depositors) what would I be then?
Your {removed} best buddy?

You {removed} namecall everyone that disagrees with ya, Chumley? I highly doubt that.

...Just behind a 'puter screen I am sure. Do that on a regular basis in person and you'll find out by someone how funny "life works" real fast. (Mod's Note, Be VERY careful of avoiding IRL threats.)

You ain't any better than anyone else and you'd best either get that with a quickness or go segragate yourself from us "lessers" lest you get slapped right off your {removed} high horse...Sire...

Thinking that you're "rubbing it in my face" mentioning your tower is just plain juvinile.
...As I couldn't care less whether you {removed} stay, pray or lay.
Everything you have simply cannot compare to anything I have, so the "Big Penis" contest isn't gonna play out here.

Now in conclusion, add me to whatever list you feel, M'Lord. I don't deal with people like you (for long) anyway.
You've already shown what type of Holier than Thou attitude you have, thus I'm sure have made it on some "lists" already.

I can tell with that outlook, minus you're irrelevent EU existance, your life is going to work out really "funny" for you in the future .

Good luck in your "life", Chumley...
.....Wait..........Scratch that last comment.

:lolup: OMG you said "Oh, so if I just happen upon a thread that I disagree with, I have to be a troll now?" Those were your exact words right? Ok good. Now go look at your first post in this thread. You replied, with quote, to one of my posts, but then you deleted what I said and put your own words it a quote box attributing it to me (has my name on it). I do believe that act is rather trollish, don't you think? You certainly weren't expressing a coherent differing opinion, were you? Seriously, go look at it and answer that question. Nothing you have written is in a civilized tone, and nobody gains anything from your input.

Please don't post here...this thread was not meant for you, I was looking for other people. Thank you.

Its about time us big depositors made an exclusive club of our own.

MA is a company like any other, and in the end they want money. The Non-depoers here are just making this game lag for us who pay, and we dont need nor want them around :silly2:

500k a month or 500.... dont matter sign me up!

MA is a company like any other, and in the end they want money. The Non-depoers here are just making this game lag for us who pay, and we dont need nor want them around :silly2:

Amen to that!

gotcha! :lolup:

Please don't post here...this thread was not meant for you, I was looking for other people. Thank you.

Pretty much the non-answer I expected from a person the likes of your (non)moral.
I have noticed the "better" people think they are, the least justification of their action they can intelligently explain.
No suprise you didn't break that pattern.

Don't matter to me who you were looking for, it actually was pretty much made for me.
I like {removed} with uptight snobby people.

You don't like it, make your own forum. M'Lord.

Tippin'

Can I at least serve your drinks?
I promise to go on a diet so my fatass won't lag the servers!
REALLY!
:D

Tippin'

Pretty much the non-answer I expected from a person the likes of your (non)moral.
I have noticed the "better" people think they are, the least justification of their action they can intelligently explain.
No suprise you didn't break that pattern.

Don't matter to me who you were looking for, it actually was pretty much made for me.
I like {removed} with uptight snobby people.

You don't like it, make your own forum. M'Lord.

Tippin'

Be very careful what you start telling people... or who you start pissing off...

Lets assume for a second you are clever enough to understand economics... who do you think MA is going to listen to the ones that PAY hard cash or someone who is easily replaceable by another free player?... have a hard think about that :)

BTW: thanks for the -rep... i however gave you a +rep because its Free... and I heard you like Free stuff :)

Be very careful what you start telling people... or who you start pissing off...

Lets assume for a second you are clever enough to understand economics... who do you think MA is going to listen to the ones that PAY hard cash or someone who is easily replaceable by another free player?... have a hard think about that :)

Who says I am "telling" anyone, besides the person I am replying to, anything?

Now, as far as "pissing people off"...I don't care if i piss you, or SunGun off...WTF are you gonna do, neg rep me?
You certainly aren't going to mess up my gameplay.
Maybe tell all your Big Bad Depo Buddies that lowly AJ was being a meanie to you?

So what?
That just makes you look even more foolish than you're 1/2 assed argument is already making you look.

But alas: a little quid-pro-quo:
Lets assume you think MA will listen to you, as some bigtime depositor, over me.
Okay.
How's that working for ya?
I have actually has MA reimburse me (twice) because they...Well, listened to me.
Plus they also gave me a Gold Card (for a different case) because....Well, they listened to me.

Fairly sure they haven't listened to any nonsense you've spewed at them.

Ooops.

Now...Let's assume you understand economics as well.
How much more revenue in decay (that's what pays MA's bill, Einstein) do you think a ton of "lesser" players like myself generate over your "exclusive club"?

Hmmm?
I'll give you a few to break out the calculator....And make up an off point quip as well....

Tippin'

Couple little reminders from the forum rules.

2.7 - Profanity
Profanity in thread titles or user titles is NOT permitted. Profanity in posts should be kept to a minimum, and not be used in a comment directed at other members, Forum Staff members, Entropia Universe planet partner representatives or MindArk representatives. While generalizations using profanity and/or foul language may be common in everyday conversation, when used in a direct communication to another person, they can be interpreted as rude or insulting. Excessively profane content may be edited or deleted without notice, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice, depending on severity.

Also

2.2 - Insults/Flaming
Personal attacks, insults, rudeness, racism, threats, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts are not permitted. Posts of this nature will be edited or deleted by the Community Staff without notice and the offending member may be temporarily or permanently banned without notice. It is important to keep in mind that PlanetCalypsoForum is a global community and what might be acceptable behavior or language in one country may not be acceptable in others. Common courtesy, politeness and respect for fellow members and forum staff, along with constructive posting of opinions is essential in preventing posts from being edited and/or deleted, or having threads locked.

3.1 - Spamming/Flooding/Trolling
The following are NOT permitted on PlanetCalypsoForum:

• Spamming - Posting the same thread in multiple forums, or posting the same post in multiple threads, or sending unsolicited private messages to members.
  • Flooding - Posting many times in succession in a single thread.
  • Trolling - Constant harassment of a member, or repeated off-topic and/or rude posts in a thread.
Depending on severity, content in violation of this rule will be edited or deleted, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, all without notice.

In short, knock it off.

{Removed} Listening to what the mod said!

Who says I am "telling" anyone, besides the person I am replying to, anything?

Now, as far as "pissing people off"...I don't care if i piss you, or SunGun off...WTF are you gonna do, neg rep me?
You certainly aren't going to mess up my gameplay.
Maybe tell all your Big Bad Depo Buddies that lowly AJ was being a meanie to you?

So what?
That just makes you look even more foolish than you're 1/2 assed argument is already making you look.

But alas: a little quid-pro-quo:
Lets assume you think MA will listen to you, as some bigtime depositor, over me.
Okay.
How's that working for ya?
I have actually has MA reimburse me (twice) because they...Well, listened to me.
Plus they also gave me a Gold Card (for a different case) because....Well, they listened to me.

Fairly sure they haven't listened to any nonsense you've spewed at them.

Ooops.

Now...Let's assume you understand economics as well.
How much more revenue in decay (that's what pays MA's bill, Einstein) do you think a ton of "lesser" players like myself generate over your "exclusive club"?

Hmmm?
I'll give you a few to break out the calculator....And make up an off point quip as well....

Tippin'

Wake up on the wrong side? Or simply like to derail threads?
This thread was started for the purpose of compiling a list of people the OP would like to trade with. You're not one of those people (self confessed), so again, why are you posting in this thread other than to argue pointlessly with people?
This isn't about who is more important to the game, or MA or anyone/thing. This is about the OP and his desire to trade with a certain demographic of people. Why must you continue to attempt to make the thread about something else?

I know some people like to argue online, for the sake of arguing, but I mean can't we at least keep a thread on topic? If you want to argue your case, make your own thread. Is it that difficult?
Wow...

By the way this is directed at 99% of the people in this thread, not just the person I am quoting. This has turned into 14 pages of bs, simply because a select few got upset that the OP would prefer to trade with depositors.

My suggestion, OP:
Ask the mods to close this thread. Start a new thread and ask those same mods to moderate any off-topic discussion, otherwise you'll never achieve your goal and be confined to an endless argument with people who simply want to argue aimlessly.

Rules by JC.

Srry man...I tend to curse a lot in general after a few beerz.

But, no insults from me, just valid rebukes to two particular members (and some re-sarcasm in a light hearted way to another...Errr...And this one..OOps. Gah spam hammer!)

;)

I'll step back man.
That oughtta give 'em time to make a non-juvinile post.

Tippin'

Have no time to read this whole thread, but if you only deal with "depositor" then you are losing lots of peds because of it. You can never use auction for anything you want to sell, and if you want to sell something you have to sell it cheap, cause usually non depositors are paying quite good (those that make profit ingame i mean) and finding "depositor" who is in need of that stuff might take some serious time.
I just want to say, that your business model is only affecting your ped card in negative way, and affects almost noone else :) You made thread about how to waste your peds? You can do the same by buying sweat from non depositors and selling it to tt, thus rising the sweat value :) Good luck to you and your weird weird weird idea.

Have no time to read this whole thread, but if you only deal with "depositor" then you are losing lots of peds because of it. You can never use auction for anything you want to sell, and if you want to sell something you have to sell it cheap, cause usually non depositors are paying quite good (those that make profit ingame i mean) and finding "depositor" who is in need of that stuff might take some serious time.
I just want to say, that your business model is only affecting your ped card in negative way, and affects almost noone else :) You made thread about how to waste your peds? You can do the same by buying sweat from non depositors and selling it to tt, thus rising the sweat value :) Good luck to you and your weird weird weird idea.

It is very clear that you didnt read hole thread. Im also sure you are totally vrong in your statement that non-depoers pay more. Its a mentality and way of game play, to pay as little as possible. I dont know any non-depoers that pay better then depoers.

Ok

So imagine your happyland paradise where all the "leeches" are gone from game. No matter how much ped they turn around every day, all of them gone.

You still have the permanent drain system in game, you still have your negative bias success chance (1 out of ca 4 attempts), and you still have the factor that one player will always be more lucky than the other.

What happens next?

Some "big depositors" eventually luck out/start playing smarter or whatever, and lose their need to deposit.

Then they turn into "leeches".

Will you exile them too?

You will end up with very few players and a dead game.

Ok

So imagine your happyland paradise where all the "leeches" are gone from game. No matter how much ped they turn around every day, all of them gone.

You still have the permanent drain system in game, you still have your negative bias success chance (1 out of ca 4 attempts), and you still have the factor that one player will always be more lucky than the other.

What happens next?

Some "big depositors" eventually luck out/start playing smarter or whatever, and lose their need to deposit.

Then they turn into "leeches".

Will you exile them too?

You will end up with very few players and a dead game.

I can categorically say... MA if you are listening ! .... I AM HAPPY TO SACRIFICE ANY HOPE OF GETTING AN ATH AS LONG AS THERE ARE ALL PAID PLAYERS. I WILL EVEN DOUBLE MY MONTHLY DEPO.

Its all about intentions. When people come with the intentions of making money without putting in, that's what I have a problem with. If there are players who even deposit 10$ ... I know they are contributing something to the 'Cash' pool and are committed to the overall success and development of the game. Its not someones livelihood. Its a game ...if people can afford high end graphics card to play this game they can very well afford to contribute 10/20/50$... people start making this sound like ooohh feel sorry for the poor souls... NO! its entertainment!

Again, I do not like the smug intentional drain of our money.... and getting told off by people who are too blind to see where money comes from!

The only thing I find out of hand at the moment is this: http://entropiatracker.com/player.asp?mode=viewPlayer&PlayerID=160363

I hope that there is some correlation between average claim size with depth we can mine. Unlike hunting, all our peds are going to these players whom we have never seen. I am quite sceptical about all these ATH. How are we to know MA did not create these avatars? For hunting there is a barrier to stop people being able to kill mobs that ATH. Mining has nothing to stop that, add to the fact that 'oh dynamics, anyone can ATH'.

Did you get the point of my post?

What happens if one of the big depositors becomes more successful than the others? And I don't really mean hitting "once in a playtime" event like ATH, I mean playing effectively, and getting a big bang out of the deposited buck. What happens? Doesn't he/she turn into a player that doesn't need to deposit anymore? So is that player on your "blacklist" too?

I can categorically say... MA if you are listening ! .... I AM HAPPY TO SACRIFICE ANY HOPE OF GETTING AN ATH AS LONG AS THERE ARE ALL PAID PLAYERS. I WILL EVEN DOUBLE MY MONTHLY DEPO.

Its all about intentions. When people come with the intentions of making money without putting in, that's what I have a problem with. If there are players who even deposit 10$ ... I know they are contributing something to the 'Cash' pool and are committed to the overall success and development of the game. Its not someones livelihood. Its a game ...if people can afford high end graphics card to play this game they can very well afford to contribute 10/20/50$... people start making this sound like ooohh feel sorry for the poor souls... NO! its entertainment!

Again, I do not like the smug intentional drain of our money.... and getting told off by people who are too blind to see where money comes from!

Right this thread has derailed it to a slagging of fest now and i can see it be closed soon. Even the op has changed his opion more than once from his opening post and has admitted he should of thought a lot harder before starting it. I understand he wanted to do bussiness with large deposits mainly so he know that he money stays in the game, but life is just not that easy. I dont belive he ment any disrepect to anyone, but some thought he did and other made more out of it than it was.

The game is made of lots of diffrent groups non-depos, some who put little, some who put lots and some who has depo in the past but no more. You are not going to know who is who, but if want to sell something or buy something you going to want the best deal you can. Your not going to ask to see their account history first.

MA is not going to stop people from playing just because they do not deposit, as that is one of the things that bring new players to the game. Like me and so many others i did not deposit for a few months and now i depoist a little. I would love to spend more, but RL comes first (2 children, morgage, wife etc). Now these days the price of sweat is around 2 ped and most of the time its not worth elec bill to sweat hours all day long. So many might as well depo than spend hours sweating.

Now a few has said they non depos should not moan about loot, but at the end of the day they are agreeing with majority. I hardly ever read about someone saying the loot is great, maybe when they get a urber or ATH, but then someone else is moaning about it.

Everyone plays the game they want to if the depost or not, but at the end of the day are we not all here to have fun?

Did you get the point of my post?

What happens if one of the big depositors becomes more successful than the others? And I don't really mean hitting "once in a playtime" event like ATH, I mean playing effectively, and getting a big bang out of the deposited buck. What happens? Doesn't he/she turn into a player that doesn't need to deposit anymore? So is that player on your "blacklist" too?

Short answer NO. Because they have deposited at one time. A deposit is fine even if it is 10$ and someone can make success out of it. I only have problems with players that INTENTIONALLY wont deposit to use the system.

Taking about elite separate socs... i believe they have them in game even now.... there are socs that only allow you to enter if you have 100k++ skills. Thats fine by me.

I wouldn't chuck a hissy fit if I am not called to the Presidents Ball .. its just how it is. If you want to make everything same .... why not have all players same level, same skills, same weapons etc.... life is not based on a straight line.

Much has been said already so I won't repeat it.

Although if after an opinion, I think if non-depositors enjoy the game they should contribute a deposit of some sort.

Then MA might not push so hard on the people they know "will" deposit. There're players of course that have contributed considerable sums over the years and maybe don't depo now. These people have paid thier way in my opinion....so far enough.

I don't like reading "never deposited, never will" on some peoples tags within this forum, it winds me up the wrong way. So they might be standing at twin 24/7 trading small amounts of ore or whatever to make their gaming peds. Even so that is still in some form leeching off the players that pay MA bills.

Quite frankly I can't see how non-depositors have half the fun depositors do, even if they claim to play at such levels.

I would urge the non-depositors to just think about the enjoyment they get some the game, and do thier bit to support the game going forward with a small deposit. Lets try and bring down the cost for all.

On topic as much as it would be a good idea to only trade with depositors this wont work in so many ways. Pointless trying to go into detail.

I pay my way here.

Rick.

Separation of the classes.....Guess as someone suggested, time to introduce trailer parks in EU :smoke: Space Port out of bounds to raggedy clothed peasants or those who walk fast ^^ :yup:

Que music ...duh ta Thaaaaaaa

Back