New Formulae?????

DoctorH

Dominant
Society
Entropy
Scott DoctorH Joel
It's been 3 weeks since this was posted....

I think many users will be very happy to hear that MindArk is devising a change to the mission rewards system that will allow individual missions to award non-tradeable Attribute Tokens, which can be turned in to an NPC in exchange for attribute points.

This system would address two of the major concerns we have received in feedback from participants regarding the mission rewards rebalancing-

1. A larger number of mission creatures can continue to reward mission efforts in the form of increasing attributes.
  2. Participants will be able to choose the best time to redeem their attribute rewards, for example after having skilled up 'naturally' to a certain level.

We are finishing up the necessary adjustments to the mission rewards formulas and guidelines provided to planet partners to accommodate the new attribute token system and the awarding of fractional attributes. Once those adjustments are completed, planet partners will have the ability to provide everyone with an overview of the new rewards that will be implemented on Aug. 21, so that participants can make informed decisions as to which missions to complete over the summer.

Could you please...please consider your customers enough to give them timely information on what appears to be a rather sensitive issue? At a minimum, publish which 10k missions will keep their stamina point? Even that little bit of info would be greatly appreciated...

Also Bronze missions would be rather easy to inform us about...thank you in advance.

Just a bump from a customer looking for service from the company he patronizes..........

Would at least like to know where attributes will be taken away...

Dont hold your breath mate.

Try hyperventilating instead. :D

hyperventilating.gif

Come on guys, it should not take over a month to do this, and it would be nice to at least get an answer with an ETA.

Come on guys, it should not take over a month to do this, and it would be nice to at least get an answer with an ETA.

My take is, it is so bad news, they don't want to give it to us. So look at the missions from the POV that all will be gone come August 21.

Unfortunately, I'm rather limited in what i can finish in that time :(

9 days since last bump.....feeling like this service provider isn't interested in my business.....
Please prove otherwise and address the community's concerns.... you had time to address the concerns over the recent argo contest.....the period we are being given is nearly half over....its like a slap in the face each time I come to the forum and see no information....

Why bother, not like they keep their word anyways... Their website still quotes august for ALL planet partners and they already fked up the ROCKTROPIA missions. Way to keep ur word mindark. Thanks for screwing my missions and plans yet again.

Mindark seems to not be responsible for their own written word.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?228219-Rocktropia-Mission-Muscle-Park

"These new guidelines require that the current skill and attribute rewards must be adjusted for all missions on all planets. The actual adjustment of rewards will be implemented with the Planet Partner release scheduled for August 21, 2012."

Taken from MA's own website....
http://account.entropiauniverse.com/support-faq/pages/2012/04/23/2638/index.xml

Here's to accountability, MA, look up the word pls. :beerchug:

actually, sloe, neverdie has stated that the change to the rocktropia missions as well as the implementation of their "beacon missions" was a mistake, a mistake on the part of neverdie stuidos, so before you start accusing ma of doing this or that put the blame where it actually lays with the studio itself.

9 days since last bump.....feeling like this service provider isn't interested in my business.....
Please prove otherwise and address the community's concerns.... you had time to address the concerns over the recent argo contest.....the period we are being given is nearly half over....its like a slap in the face each time I come to the forum and see no information....

You have been around since '06 and you are surprised at their attitude? :tapfinger

(I should include here my warm fuzzy thoughts of ponies and butterflies and doublerainbows, lest I get banned :whistle:)

I am hopeful that both Calypso and Arkadia publish the changes reasonably soon.

Given the potential magnitude of the changes, the amount of time and money needed to finish a lot of the missions, and the different values people place on different possible rewards, it would be pretty sad to get last minute details or worse, a surprise update.

actually, sloe, neverdie has stated that the change to the rocktropia missions as well as the implementation of their "beacon missions" was a mistake, a mistake on the part of neverdie stuidos, so before you start accusing ma of doing this or that put the blame where it actually lays with the studio itself.

MindArk is the gatekeeper of Entropia - nothing goes out unless MindArk lets it.

So whilst Rocktropia made an impressive set of mistakes with their missions (and this is not exactly an uncommon occurrence), it seems that MindArk is partly at fault too - either MindArk didn't put enough effort in to checking what Rocktropia changed and why, or MindArk decided that it was fine to change the missions earlier than publically stated.

- Deathifier

You have been around since '06 and you are surprised at their attitude? :tapfinger

(I should include here my warm fuzzy thoughts of ponies and butterflies and doublerainbows, lest I get banned :whistle:)

I'm an optimist and hope for the best. I also believe things can change for the better and not always the worst....

I am also trying in every way I can to allow Mindark or Calypso officials step up and show the community how much they value us as users of their luxury service. I choose to spend my entertainment dollars in EU......I don't feel my choice is appreciated right now......do you?

Still optimistic......BUMP

Is the mission change date almost half left or almost half gone?

Sometimes I wonder why I even continue to play with such poor support such as this issue..

~Danimal

Any information at all?????? Kim? ??? Bjorn? ???? Charlie? ????

We're sorry, the party you've called is not available. If you'd like to leave a message, please wait for the beep.

*click*

I just ask myself what will happen to Arkadias missions because many mobs on Arkadia has large amount of hp.:scratch2:

( and stage 5 is 12k mobs ).

I believe that they said they would rearrange the attributes, not remove them all...and when doing the 12/10 k what matters more? 1 stamina or the skills? For missions like aurli, kreltin and others I feel people would still do them without stamina...
however if they change skills to tokens...f*** it. 100 ped tt of first aid trumps some L angel armor parts or high oil consumption vehicles...

however if they change skills to tokens...f*** it. 100 ped tt of first aid trumps some L angel armor parts or high oil consumption vehicles...

The tokens they referred to are attribute tokens, redeemable for attributes.

Everyone's on vacation until august, you'll be lucky if you get an answer before Taming is implemented.

Anything???? Anyone?????

I just ask myself what will happen to Arkadias missions because many mobs on Arkadia has large amount of hp.:scratch2:

( and stage 5 is 12k mobs ).

Most missions on Arkadia require very little change due to good original design.
Some will change though - best place to ask about this though is on Arkadia's own forums - and there the CEO will answer your questions directly if he has the answers for you.

Most missions on Arkadia require very little change due to good original design.
Some will change though - best place to ask about this though is on Arkadia's own forums - and there the CEO will answer your questions directly if he has the answers for you.

Interesting...and a bump looking for any info other than no info........

Bumping because I believe that we will still get the aforementioned new formulas so as to use our remaining time wisely......

Back