Argo Scout Leaderboard

9 000 kills I got 71 and 271 PED, so I won't win anything :D I don't know also if i lost PEDs or won them from loot, I have no time to count it ;) anyway I am neither too happy nor too sad after weekend :cool:

about judging event, it was fair for me, whiners should consider following things:

- those who whine about globals per kill - look at my rate, and I am not the only one with such rate, also I heard about worse ones (5-6k+ kills without global)

- those who whine about loot - what you expected, magically increased return? most must lose to let few wins

- those who whine about not fair competition with high skilled players - you wanna win big investing small?

just my two pecs :cool:

gz to winners, gl to losers next time

A total of 51 Globals were scored by unique avatars and tracked via tracker during the Argo Scout hunting contest.

Last Update: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 00:00 UTC

Main thing to remember about this event :

We can not trust Mindark's results so much (after years and years) that the players need to do the ranking.
Another time the community is saving the players, from MA's chosen results.

No need to wonder why there is no lawyer checking mindark's datas....

TY Skippie.

A total of 51 Globals were scored by unique avatars and tracked via tracker during the Argo Scout hunting contest.

And that, my good man, is a f**king disgrace considering the amount of Argo Scouts killed and looted during the event.

Firstly, Argo Scouts are tiny mobs and don't global much. Secondly if you actually read Skippie's post, or watched global chat in-game, or looked at Tracker yourself, it is clear he meant to write "A total of 51 Globals above 250 PED were scored by unique avatars...".

Firstly, Argo Scouts are tiny mobs and don't global much. Secondly if you actually read Skippie's post, or watched global chat in-game, or looked at Tracker yourself, it is clear he meant to write "A total of 51 Globals above 250 PED were scored by unique avatars...".

I every 300-500 ped sits an argo global, or there used to be. So they do global that much. Which is why it's such a popular mob to hunt. Which is why twin peaks is twin peaks (because there was a big argo population close to a tp)
But yeah above 250 ped is a whole other ballpark..

I did global eventually, about 1.5hrs before the end, a 59 pedder. Think that was around kill 2200ish.

Didn't keep track of how much I lost, but it won't break the bank. Few hundred peds maybe. Used mostly UL2's and 3's to kill them. Takes some time, but at least it keeps my shirt on.

Despite losing some peds, I found this a good event, really. A mob which pretty much anyone can kill, good spawns, decent prizes. Played and lost, that's how it goes.

Reactions: Pig
We can not trust Mindark's results so much (after years and years) that the players need to do the ranking.

I did NOT do these rankings because I feel we cannot trust MA's results. Personally, I think we can trust MA's results. We have no way of knowing who on the list actually completed the survey or in the case of globals/hofs of the same size which is actually bigger by a few pecs. So in the end, we have to trust MA's results.

I only provided this leaderboard so players with only a little time this weekend that wanted to participate would know about where the scores were without spending loads of time staring at tracker. If anyone appreciates that, tyvm, and the +rep button is right over there.

Yea at first I was tracking globals over 100 PED, but that didn't appear to be a very common size and after the first day it looked like keeping up with globals over 200 was going to provide a list of the most relevant info for tracking the top to ~50th place. #100 is most likely a 10 way tie with a ~80-90 something PED global, atm. There were literally hundreds of globals of 50-100 PED in size. Had I tracked every scout global over 3 days, this list would have been much harder to maintain but would have had literally 100s of participants on it.

I really enjoyed this contest. I have no way of knowing how many Argos I killed since I've long finished bronze and Scouts don't count for Silver. But I hit this about as hard as I hit anything in recent years. I really appreciate these types of events and hope MA does more of it in the future. The tremendous level of participation suggests that it was successful. Anyway, again, gratz to the winners and I hope we see more of this sort of contest in the Universe in the future.

I enjoyed the event, even though I didn't get any globals. I killed about 1400, which got me through the 500 and 1k missions. I had a few kills around 30-35 PED, and had a Teleportation chip I and a Synchronisation chip in my loots. Nothing else out of the ordinary. My combination of Adjusted Pixie and LR41(L) seemed good for me. Thanks MA - well thought out event that included many players.

Good event. Several spawns and the perfect maturity for bronze/iron. :wtg:

Yep, you are right of course. There was globals beneath 250 ped not counted by OP.

Still, the amount of globals registered seems a bit low considering. I enjoyed it, as always it's fun to mow through hordes of the same mob, loot was ok overall, but way too few globals. Not just for me, but overall.
I'm just saying...

I did NOT do these rankings because I feel we cannot trust MA's results. Personally, I think we can trust MA's results. We have no way of knowing who on the list actually completed the survey or in the case of globals/hofs of the same size which is actually bigger by a few pecs. So in the end, we have to trust MA's results.

I only provided this leaderboard so players with only a little time this weekend that wanted to participate would know about where the scores were without spending loads of time staring at tracker. If anyone appreciates that, tyvm, and the +rep button is right over there.

Yea at first I was tracking globals over 100 PED, but that didn't appear to be a very common size and after the first day it looked like keeping up with globals over 200 was going to provide a list of the most relevant info for tracking the top to ~50th place. #100 is most likely a 10 way tie with a ~80-90 something PED global, atm. There were literally hundreds of globals of 50-100 PED in size. Had I tracked every scout global over 3 days, this list would have been much harder to maintain but would have had literally 100s of participants on it.

I really enjoyed this contest. I have no way of knowing how many Argos I killed since I've long finished bronze and Scouts don't count for Silver. But I hit this about as hard as I hit anything in recent years. I really appreciate these types of events and hope MA does more of it in the future. The tremendous level of participation suggests that it was successful. Anyway, again, gratz to the winners and I hope we see more of this sort of contest in the Universe in the future.

I enjoyed it too even if my participation was minor compared to many. scouts have 250 hp? less than a ped to kill, if one looks at tracker they never global normally, its always the adults and larger that global, how often does one normally get a 50x or higher multiplier? As soon as i got my large global i stopped, i knew the chance of a bigger loot was tiny so i waited to see where i ended up with the one i did get. im surprised at the people ignoring eco and personal returns in these competitions and then complaining afterwards, nobody forced them to play that way.
Thanks for taking the time to update the list and make things a little more exciting by showing the rankings :)
I dont understand why MA doesnt make some kind of in game ranking for events like these.

They just messed up in previous e-mail invitations event, so the trust level on their tracking skills isn't exactly peaking (among other trust levels). But, as you said, We don't know who actually completed the survey and even if MA publishes evaluation of how they decided the winner, we won't be able to check too much of it. I mean if someone gets a prize and did not complete the survey, guess he won't be the one complaining.
Personally, I think we can trust MA's results. We have no way of knowing who on the list actually completed the survey or in the case of globals/hofs of the same size which is actually bigger by a few pecs. So in the end, we have to trust MA's results.

Real-time ranking may drive participants off the event prematurely if they'd feel they don't keep up.

true but those that stop will be happier?and happy participants is what MA needs.
i also think that it will balance out with those that try harder because a ranking can have a strange effect on competitive ppl.

true but those that stop will be happier?and happy participants is what MA needs.
You're long enough in this business to know that it's impossible to make people happy - give them globals once a minute and they'll whine that they have to return to the storage so often to dump the loot :D

even though those of us that were part of the invite event none of us really know who partoook and who didn't we still have no word from ma of who placed where and for those that did partake if you hit one of those places that gets no prize i could see that making them rethink their spending all together and depositing in eu will probably not be a priority at all if thats one of the places they took either by giving up or a lack of funds to cont. in my case treasure hunting ive waited a year to partake in t so peds were reserved for it and everything else went into these horriable looter argos 4k dead 1 hof of 261 1 globo of 73 and a ton of novas 51k to be exact on this hunt alone kinda seems as if they really wanted those of us that reduced our deposits or time to just do like many others have begun to and quit alltogether

You're long enough in this business to know that it's impossible to make people happy - give them globals once a minute and they'll whine that they have to return to the storage so often to dump the loot :D

Most were happy with a plain ingame shirt last time.

Rewarding a survey about uninspirational events and demotivating loot with a rather boring gambling event will not really increase participation in the future imo (does someone actually get paid to bring such ideas to the table?). Just giving all participants a 0.1$ plastic argo figure would have been cheaper and have less negative feedback.

Agreed, it was a fun competition. For me I was planning to be hunting Argo soon anyway as I have the iron still open so it made that more fun.

Agreed, it was a fun competition. For me I was planning to be hunting Argo soon anyway as I have the iron still open so it made that more fun.
Yep had a blast as well.. Didn't' get a single global but I did get a return of about 105% to 110% so no complaints from me!! :)

I buy a lottery ticket because I might win, when I recently went to vegas I did a little gambling because I might win, when I enter an MA contest I do it because I might win. I never expect to win knowing that the odds are against me and I never spend more on a lottery ticket, gambling, or EU than I can afford to spend for the entertainment value.

Sure I get dissapointed when I don't win sometimes but I certainly hope I get the entertainment value out of it. When I find myself grinding on a mob and having losses when others all around me seem to be globaly and find myself starting to feel a bit of frustration and anger I take a little break or switch things up. it took me almost 4 years of playing EU to realize that sometimes it was best to just not hunt, mine, or craft and it was time to explore or shoot some small mobs or visit with friends.

This was a nice event that MA did for us, they did not have to do it. It was a mob that a large number of players could take on, though the ubers that are talked about may have spent a lot of ped in overkilling. It is a mob I was able to hunt without any armor decay and while I never got a global I did not lose any more than I felt I could afford to lose.

Grats to the winners, I enjoyed it and I worked at it right up until the end because it could have been any one of us that scored the last lucky hof that put us in the lead or in contention for a prize.

Zar

Real-time ranking may drive participants off the event prematurely if they'd feel they don't keep up.

or encourage those competing to spend even more, possibly beyond their means.

After receiving the email and completing the survey I always planned to use the event to work on the bronze mission. I changed amp/weapon combo to one that has always seemed to work well for me on Argos in the past and got my 1.1k HoF within my first 100 kills on the Friday, also got 2 more globals on the Sunday.

I really enjoyed the event even though from Skippie's scoreboard I missed out on the top5 by one place, overall the loot was good for me even taking the HoF out of the equation.

Thanks for updating the scoreboard throughout the event I was checking it fairly often :D

Great List

Ohh Skippie...Where's my name?..I got a global..I must be there somewhere..:ahh:..Ok was great fun and "Gratz"to you guys!:wtg:

25th place! received 1 cld in my inventory.

Argo Scout Hunt Event - Results?

The event ended last week.

How come no official results have been posted? Or at least an e-mail to the participants stating the final scores? I'd like to know my lousy result in an official manner (since my losses I'm already aware of).

The event ended last week.

How come no official results have been posted? Or at least an e-mail to the participants stating the final scores? I'd like to know my lousy result in an official manner (since my losses I'm already aware of).

agree, be nice to see who won and how many was in it

agree, be nice to see who won and how many was in it

probably thats what keeps em busy so long :laugh: :laugh:
too many people shoting and hoping for a price who were not even invited?

FYI:
50th place with a 187ped global
So how do you know this? Have you been emailed about it? I've just checked my own email and I have nothing, so are all winners being notified by email?

Or is it all detailed somewhere where most of us have missed it?

probably thats what keeps em busy so long :laugh: :laugh:
too many people shoting and hoping for a price who were not even invited?

they have invitation list, they have loot list, making event list should take no more than 5 min :cool: btw they have list now as ppl got rewards

So how do you know this? Have you been emailed about it? I've just checked my own email and I have nothing, so are all winners being notified by email?

Or is it all detailed somewhere where most of us have missed it?

some guy posted info here that he got CLD for 25th place, he was also on 25th place on Skippie's list

Back