Developer-Notes--2

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #2[/h]This Entropia Universe Buzz article is part of a new series of Developer Notes where the development team at MindArk will share various tips and bits of information about Entropia Universe with our participants. Some Developer Notes will address important issues that we have noticed being discussed on community forums, while others will be prompted by feedback and questions received via support cases. Our goal with the Developer Notes series is to help participants better understand MindArk’s goals for Entropia Universe, and hopefully correct several misconceptions that have arisen within the community that we feel might help participants make more informed decisions for their avatars. We hope that you find the Developer Notes article series interesting and informative.

Efficiency Matters - One issue that we have noticed being discussed quite frequently on community forums such as PlanetCalypsoForm.com is the concept of efficiency (sometimes referred to as economy), especially with regard to hunting tools such as ranged and melee weapons. A growing number of participants seem to have adopted an approach based on the theory that “economy does not matter”, a theory apparently based on (faulty) field tests or other experiments. We would like to state here very clearly that avatar skills and efficiency on the tools used do indeed matter a great deal, and have a very significant effect on overall returns in all Entropia Universe professions. Any playtest experiments, theorycrafting or other analysis you may be presented with which indicate or suggest that efficiency does not matter are thus flawed either in their conception, data collection, data analysis or conclusions.

Personal Lootpools - Many of the theories which suggest - inaccurately - that efficiency is unimportant will often employ the concept of a “personal lootpool”, claiming that the “system” will eventually provide a sort of compensation to avatars who have been operating in an inefficient manner. Such theories are very much misguided. There is no such thing as a “personal lootpool” for individual avatars, and there is no system in place which tracks each avatar’s returns over time, or which provides compensation to individual avatars. As a result, long-term results in Entropia Universe are directly related to the choices made by each participant, and those who approach their chosen profession in an efficient manner will find more success than those who do not. Overall this is a very positive thing and an important part of the Entropia virtual universe concept, as it allows those participants who spend the time and effort to approach their activities within Entropia Universe in a smart way to improve their chances of becoming successful, just like in the real world.

Originally Posted Here

Skies Falling II!

!

Wonderful, so I cant hope for any kind of compensation for the ~60 K TT loss over the past months, and seems like mining for mu is not "approaching in an efficient manner".

Wonderful, so I cant hope for any kind of compensation for the ~60 K TT loss over the past months

This is my tought exactly, will EU ever pay me for some of the 20-25K lost in the last year? Or is that just cost to play, because I haven;t lost it in a unefficient way

Anyway, a good point would have been the explanation of those big HOFs ar ATH:) How do they come to us? I always tought that I will get a 20K one after I loose 30K or so, now I don't know....

There is no such thing as a “personal lootpool” for individual avatars, and there is no system in place which tracks each avatar’s returns over time, or which provides compensation to individual avatars. As a result, long-term results in Entropia Universe are directly related to the choices made by each participant, and those who approach their chosen profession in an efficient manner will find more success than those who do not. Overall this is a very positive thing and an important part of the Entropia virtual universe concept, as it allows those participants who spend the time and effort to approach their activities within Entropia Universe in a smart way to improve their chances of becoming successful, just like in the real world.

I'm going to try out my new hat then. :dunce:

Personal Lootpools - Many of the theories which suggest - inaccurately - that efficiency is unimportant will often employ the concept of a “personal lootpool”, claiming that the “system” will eventually provide a sort of compensation to avatars who have been operating in an inefficient manner. Such theories are very much misguided. There is no such thing as a “personal lootpool” for individual avatars, and there is no system in place which tracks each avatar’s returns over time, or which provides compensation to individual avatars. As a result, long-term results in Entropia Universe are directly related to the choices made by each participant, and those who approach their chosen profession in an efficient manner will find more success than those who do not.

I have been so convinced that Personal Loot Pools do exist it is almost like learning that black is in fact white or 2 + 2 = 5.

My entire, completely inefficient, hunting tactics will now have to be reviewed.

I will struggle now for some considerable time going over the events I saw as 'evidence' that supported Personal Loot Pools in an effort to see them as, I guess, just random hofs or poor loots.

Great that these type of insights into the Loot System are now being offered though.

No personal lootpool?

Oh yeah, right. Absolutely.

After logging 70k CLAIMS I was just fucking lucky then?

I'm not whining or something, but that information is fine for newbs. Explain then noob ATHs as "luck", thus, admit that EU is simple gambling.

Take care. They are not talking about dmg/pec at all. "We would like to state here very clearly that avatar skills and efficiency on the tools used do indeed matter a great deal, and have a very significant effect on overall returns in all Entropia Universe professions."
So the statement is skills do matter, something which is very likely true, for example using a doa being 20/20 blp sniper and lvl 15 evader is a bad idea (oh my).
P.S.
(omg smilgs watching this thread :D )
LOL

Last edited:
Ok, someone explain to me this:

I cycle 3200 peds a day for 7 days 6-7 hours a day only hunting the same mob, let's say Leviathan

Day 1: 0 losses
Day2: 1K losses
Day 3: 1K wins
Day 4: 0 losses
Day 5: 1500 losses
Day 6: 1400 wins
Day 7:.....

I;m talking about the good runs that come after the bad ones, they are to often, I simply cannot believe they are just luck

It's not bad to have even return, but if there are no personal loot pools how is this posibile? It's not luck, that would break the definition of luck, maybe personal loot pools don;t exist at larger scales, like all my losses in EU, but they exist at smaller scale

It should be noted that there is nothing in the EULA that says MA will not blatantly lie to us regarding the operation of the loot system. :wise:

Edit: That being said, I have noticed a big change in the loot system recently, so perhaps they have reimplemented the old eco system, and are just conveniently ignoring the fact that it ever disappeared :D

Wonderful, so I cant hope for any kind of compensation for the ~60 K TT loss over the past months, and seems like mining for mu is not "approaching in an efficient manner".

Correct. And, to be honest... many people said that this theory is wrong, so it was a risk that you took, when you believed in this.

Let's continue this shit.

If there is no personal lootpool, why I started to lose, lose and lose after my azz ATH + narc tower?

I didn't changed my way of mining, my "efficiency" was the same.

It should be noted that there is nothing in the EULA that says MA will not blatantly lie to us regarding the operation of the loot system. :wise:

Edit: That being said, I have noticed a big change in the loot system recently, so perhaps they have reimplemented the old eco system, and are just conveniently ignoring the fact that it ever disappeared :D

You also think, that 9/11 was an inside job, correct? :D

If there is no personal lootpool, why I started to lose, lose and lose after my azz ATH + narc tower?

Because in the end, always the bank wins? LOL :D

Sine wave (ish) luck cycle is one possible reason.

Ok, someone explain to me this:

I cycle 3200 peds a day for 7 days 6-7 hours a day only hunting the same mob, let's say Leviathan

Day 1: 0 losses
Day2: 1K losses
Day 3: 1K wins
Day 4: 0 losses
Day 5: 1500 losses
Day 6: 1400 wins
Day 7:.....

I;m talking about the good runs that come after the bad ones, they are to often, I simply cannot believe they are just luck

It's not bad to have even return, but if there are no personal loot pools how is this posibile? It's not luck, that would break the definition of luck, maybe personal loot pools don;t exist at larger scales, like all my losses in EU, but they exist at smaller scale

LOL, this thread is so much fun :).
We said over years, that we are unable to ever collect enough statistical data between VUs to ever prove something. And now you come with a few cycled PEDs over days :).

@everybody who believes in any other theory than pure randomness:
PLEASE learn basic scripting. Generate a very simple randomizer. And then PLEASE!!!! watch the results, you will see patterns... every time. That does not mean, there are patterns, but you will find some.

Learn your basics about randmoness before you try to make a theory.

Please do this BEFORE you claim, you have evidence :D:D:D:D:D

Dr3w is right, I also have a loss wave after some HOFs and many other in fact all

So take it as you like but there is some kind of avatar based tracking of profit/loss

I'm not whining or something, but that information is fine for newbs. Explain then noob ATHs as "luck", thus, admit that EU is simple gambling.

They never said, it is not. It's not a lottery, it's not PURE luck. You need to prepare as good as you can, then your chances are higher. But still, you might have bad luck over 5 years, or you make stupid choices and still you might get the big hit.

I wonder what you thought it is, other than gambling with some modifiers?

Smoerble, are you the luckyest man alive by any chance?:) I see you attack this ava based lootpool idea

earlier I was not making that example with just 10K peds cycled, from day 1 to now it has always been so for me, win/loss/win loss

And always, I mean always, after HOFs comes the bad period, or after the really bad period I get global after global, how is that posible? You think it's luck? sheeesh then you must believe in holly spirits also:)

Why would MM and imk2 be so rare if efficiency, as in dmg/pec does not matter?

It doesn't state clear that dmg/pec matters but imo this is also part of the weapon economy.

Could this statement also refer to armor decay versus going naked with high economy healing tools like imp or mod fap?

Efficiency Matters - One issue that we have noticed being discussed quite frequently on community forums such as PlanetCalypsoForm.com is the concept of efficiency (sometimes referred to as economy), especially with regard to hunting tools such as ranged and melee weapons. A growing number of participants seem to have adopted an approach based on the theory that “economy does not matter”, a theory apparently based on (faulty) field tests or other experiments. We would like to state here very clearly that avatar skills and efficiency on the tools used do indeed matter a great deal, and have a very significant effect on overall returns in all Entropia Universe professions. Any playtest experiments, theorycrafting or other analysis you may be presented with which indicate or suggest that efficiency does not matter are thus flawed either in their conception, data collection, data analysis or conclusions.

On the other side, I'm glad to finally get the confirmation that someone's ;) theory that his UL rainbow with 5 dmg enhancers which overkill the mob in like 99.99999999999% of the time, is better then a MM, is a total crap. :laugh:

This is my first post after the ban withdrawl on 5/21.

I think this is an extemely positive move by MA... so I applaud this effort.

3 very critical Info/observation:

1. As i've been telling b4.. 90% loot return based on some long term logs is not something one could or should generalize.

Based on OP looks like it's a (90% loot return) Myth!!!

Unless this:

2. Efficient vs inefficient hunting:

During first 6 months of my EU life i hunted the least eco way.... I've always hunted with weapons with SIB yes .... as soon as i maxed on one weapon (no more sib yes) i moved to the next level of weapons... this pattern I continued until I maxed out on cb26. So hunting with weapons like that and having low evade, imho, were among the most uneco way of doing business in EU... and yet after 5 months of playing... I think i was over all positive... coz i used to get a lot of globals and hofs...

Fastforward.. after reaching mid level ie hp >150... i did the most eco way of hunting...
To give an example, I did atrox, scips and sumima missions using gremlin as armor and p5a + 104 in 2 persons team. ... and despite my every effort to prevent loss on MU I was getting return like ~60%. or worse..
Not sure what could make those more efficient... and prevent loss...

So I think we are missing something more important here....and would like to hear more from MA regarding lootpool and those uber hof...

3. MA wants us to encourage more hunting on nerfed mobs before they nerf the missions.

The lure of skills will make a lot of players dive into hunting the nerfed mobs... enjoy :)

Last edited:
I wonder what you thought it is, other than gambling with some modifiers?

If its found to be gambling aren't we in danger of losing a lot of American players?

If its found to be gambling aren't we in danger of losing a lot of American players?

Swedish and American gambling commissions have already said long ago this is not gambling.

If I remember correctly, a reason given by the Swedish were that you can influence your return rates (it is not completely random).

"Ah the... economy!" has began.

There will be talks for months in a row about this! Finally something to read from work.

:popcorn:

Back