Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Krystal Shadowsong Nova
    Society
    Black Sun
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I wonder if that would work.. switch seats and use the Porcupine.. I have one too.

.... OR, take along a gunner, and use both weapons in a team. Might make a difference.

Colonist 2006/05/11 ---- Citizen 2011/11/11 (2 CLD)

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Keval Zhaal ThZarath
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You mentioned earlier you were hunting in the training grounds...all I ever found there were cosmic horrors. IMO the only space mobs worth hunting currently are Dropships.

And I have never seen any in the training grounds. This may be why you see no pirates either, if they are not hunting us they are off hunting dropships (and I've seen Nebula Virus teams hunting these beasties).

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've space hunted a fair amount - my ship is now 'good' from hunting alone (3k+ heavy weapons) and CH's loot just fine over time - but so few kills compared to many planetary mobs I've hunted that it is hard to tell. I still consider myself a noob space hunter, but if I execute my hunting tactics effectively to keep defensive costs and missed shots down (not so easy) I think CH are decent mob to hunt now that Quads are cheap.

Tried some of the other, smallish new mobs a bit, but didn't loot anything yet, and they're inconveniently located.

I think the Quad/Kismet is the only sensible option out there for a solo hunter, for the range alone. I've never tried seat hopping for a finisher shot, but that seems a bit obsessive, and anyway, weapons take damage with the ship, so an unused/mounted gun is a waste in hunting or combat.

Dropships are big - I assume they require team or big ship cannons, no? I've not tried them.

Miles
    "Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations ... may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." - Roger Cotes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Keval Zhaal ThZarath
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Dropships are big - I assume they require team or big ship cannons, no? I've not tried them.
    You're right - I don't think I'd tackle a dropship alone, we always go after them with a mothership. Maybe a 'young' would be possible though...

Still, I think they are the best of the space mobs.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    For now, we all are stuck with the same option (kismet) which is good in alot of ways as well. Evens the playing field some. At least its 10/10. )

As far as dropships, if you are bold enough to try, you will find they can be easily killed while solo in a quad, often with minimal damage, if any, and the ability to stay out longer. Which is a bit disappointing to me, but...to answer the question of the OP....probably the best eco for hunting in space = dropships.
    Records to date: 5875 iron / 3293 yuka/ 4960 level 5 amplifier
    I offer crafting on demand with over 1500 unique blueprints, many rares, and many high QR.
    OVER 1 MILLION PED Crafted and on record since mid-2013.

Twin Peaks Mall Level 3 #11L (2nd on left from TP)
    FREE android ap, Entropia Utilities, on google play!
    Check out www.lundsys.com/Entropia for crafting tracking, databases and much more, in any language.

Entropia Life Ap

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jin Artrat Mugen
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Images
    Has anyone tried hunting them with the rocket primary weapon on the VTOL? I tried once and found it quite hard to target the mob, but I am a noob a space combat, so I could've been doing it wrong.

It would be cool if this is a viable option because I have loads of Explosive projectiles in storage that I want to use up.
    Follow my Mission Log

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday View Post
    There goes Rick shooting 1k ped ammo into the ground,hehhehehe
    LOL Mayday, you know me too well...I did a similar experiment a few years ago on one regain mob...with interesting results, hee,hee.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I've space hunted a fair amount - my ship is now 'good' from hunting alone (3k+ heavy weapons) .

.... and anyway, weapons take damage with the ship, so an unused/mounted gun is a waste in hunting or combat.

Miles
    That is interesting your comment there. I was getting loads of karma points, but my ship stayed at a "fair" rating. Becasue I got no change in rating, I just assumed these rating only worked for unlimited. so maybe need a lot of karma to change rating. My current quad will probably be dead by then, so will need to replace.

I didn't know that decay on weapons only happens from taking hits, I will remove the non-used porc gun then while not being used. thank you for tip.

I've had a good think, and will continue skilling space mobs as and when I can afford too even though at loss (for now). I'm sure somehow this is compensated in other ways from skills earned.

Massive gz on your skilling Miles, I'm impressed.

Rick.
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Stalker
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaal View Post
    You mentioned earlier you were hunting in the training grounds...all I ever found there were cosmic horrors. IMO the only space mobs worth hunting currently are Dropships.

And I have never seen any in the training grounds. This may be why you see no pirates either, if they are not hunting us they are off hunting dropships (and I've seen Nebula Virus teams hunting these beasties).
    Two posts but wanted to mention something else.

What I like about hunting the training grounds, especially Calypso training grounds is when you die or press T you will revive at CP, and there is storage At Crystal Palace. I feel a lot more comfortable dropping off loot to storage every 100 ped or so ammo, then holding all loot in PVP lootable zone.

I went to the graveyard area last night in the middle of space as an experiment on bigger Cosmics, and entered the SS (space Station), and was dissapointed there was no storage, although there was a TT. Well I couldn't find one storage terminal.

Before the space stations were redesigned, I'm sure the first ever space station at calypso had loads of terminals, and even a giant fish tank in the space viewing area.

I really liked that first space station MA built, I was so impressed that I can still remember the place. That said I still find the new space stations impressive, when running in the hanger, the shear size of the place is impressive.

Really looking forward to future development of space, and maybe improved SS design. Imagine running some type of beacons from the SS. So you would have to travel to different space stations to enter certain types of special space beacons. (sod bringing the loot home though).

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Freelancer
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RickEngland View Post
    That is interesting your comment there. I was getting loads of karma points, but my ship stayed at a "fair" rating. Becasue I got no change in rating, I just assumed these rating only worked for unlimited. so maybe need a lot of karma to change rating. My current quad will probably be dead by then, so will need to replace.

Rick.

My 'good' Quad is almost dead, but I have a 'fair' replacement.

I was quite surprised when my ship earned the title 'kind' - it had seemed like forever, then 'good' seemed to come much more quickly, but then my early hunting trips were much shorter. As Quad prices fell (and it's the replacement cost that matters) the idea of hunting with one, and using it up, became more palatable. You have to think of your Quad/Kismet(L) as a Weapon/Armor combo. The more efficiently you can use the 'weapon', the lower your cost to kill - up to the point of ammo only. As a reality, there will be combat and damage will come, and that is where the 'armor' half comes in (and where the defensive skill (spaceship captain) comes from, too).

With UL it would be a different matter. I don't think I'd do much else.

Regarding hunting grounds, the convenient ones are all low maturity. Hunting the larger Horror's in the more remote hunting grounds is more rewarding, but it also requires a greater commitment and entails higher risks. Seems about right.

Miles
    "Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations ... may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be." - Roger Cotes

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Keval Zhaal ThZarath
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Artrat View Post
    Has anyone tried hunting them with the rocket primary weapon on the VTOL? I tried once and found it quite hard to target the mob, but I am a noob a space combat, so I could've been doing it wrong.

It would be cool if this is a viable option because I have loads of Explosive projectiles in storage that I want to use up.
    Using a rocket weapon would be definitely interesting but if I was in a VTOL I would not piss off anything in space by shooting at it - you'd be swatted like a fly. Who knows, maybe a rocket weapon would compensate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast