Correct weapon for Quad hunting space mobs?

Actually they changed the speed on the dropships when they added in pt Cryene.....

That is unfortunate to hear, and thanks for the update.

I don't think they really should have been that easy anyhow, as nice at it was, (nor completely decay free) so at least someone in balancing is thinking.

Seemed like a slap in the face to the people who invested in much larger and costly ships to have the latest and greatest bested by a single quad.

Someday I hope to hear.....
motherships X and Y going to hunt the Z. need fleet of 10 quads + crew for each, PM commander awesome.

but thats a bit off topic and probably not very eco. )

grats on the cosmic. )

A few comments after catching up on this thread:

I don't worry about overkill - it is minuscule compared missed (off target/out of range) shots, and every time your ship gets hit your mounted weapons decay.

So far the only time I was looted (*knock wood*) while hunting was at the Caly Training grounds a long time ago, and I failed to appreciate the risk of a green flag - lesson learned for just a few peds. I'm sure sooner or later I'll get taken down and looted again - hopefully not for too much - but it is a risk I am willing to take. The fact is that all ships must be viewed as potential threats regardless of flags.

One reason for hunting Horrors is that they have many locations, except for the larger ones, and those are generally well out of the way of pirates. I did hit a pretty big global on an Old Alpha a few days back without incident.

While I'm sorry to hear about the Dropship change, I can honestly say it makes sense that they are too big for a solo Quad to hunt easily.

One question on the flags: I understand that the Karma points go to the ship, and set the base flag, but how does Karma accrue with me as a pilot? Now that I have a Quad with less Karma than me, will I see it go from Fair to Kind, for example, when get in at some point? So far it is still Fair and that does not change when I get in, even though my other ship has reached Good.

Since hunting only earns 1 Karma point per kill it is slow going as a hunter. Once, some time ago, I took down a friend's Fair ship (by agreement) and although I got 10 Karma points, there was no change in my ship status. I though it was because we were in a team at the time. What I think I understand now is that the action only took me 10points closer to (or further from) Kind.

Hmm. Karma's a Bitch :D

:beerchug:
Miles

Back