EU/Calypso is still amazing

Fiona Simmons

Stalker
Greetings fellow Entropians!

After such a long time away from EU i decided to sneak back a bit and i must admit im stunned by the progress mindark made. This new Calypso is so different from the old map that i have to rediscover everything again wich fill me up with sheer excitment. Of course the downside is, all the great places where i forged wonderful memorys are gone but i intend to make new memorys. I was once very passionate about EU and the former Entropiaforum aswell and since the Forum was always a big part of my Expirience i wanted to share my feelings here with you.

I want to say hello to anyone who probably still knew me from the past and hope everyone have a good time here and enjoy themselfs. During my strolls around the map, only armed with some cheap equipment, no skills anymore and a bag full of curiousity i allready meet a few very nice People who took Time to help me out understanding all the new Stuff and patiently awnsering my Questions about this and that. I just wanna thank them here for their guidance so far and hope karma strikes back when lootius smile on them next time.

It feels good to be back, hello world :acid:

PS :
Mindark what have you done to minopolis !!! and where are the juke boxes ? For the rest, good job

Welcome back, have a blast!:yay:

welcome back :)

Whoo Hoo!

Welcome Back Fiona!! :yay:.

:yay:
Welcome back, Fiona!

This new Calypso is so different from the old map that i have to rediscover everything again wich fill me up with sheer excitment. Of course the downside is, all the great places where i forged wonderful memorys are gone but i intend to make new memorys.

I returned to the game from a long break just a few weeks ago, and I second this. I'm really sad that all the old places are gone, or changed beyond recognition, but on the other hand there are a lot of new places to explore now. :)

Welcome back!

Save this post of yours and after you go hunting/mining/crafting for about a month, see if u still feel the same heh!

Welcome back!

I remeber you from the days i started in this game.:)

Welcome back!

Save this post of yours and after you go hunting/mining/crafting for about a month, see if u still feel the same heh!

Oki here we go ............... :scratch2:

OH NO THIS EU IS SO BAD, LOOTS HORRIBLE I QUIT bye

Ok im joking, no its still awesome! :lolup:

I engaged in hunting and a tiny bit mining again and as expected i do horrible haha. I guess chipping in 2k-3k in most combat relevant skills for blp pistol hit and dmg, aswell as buying that tier II maddox IV with amp wasn't the most clever move in my entropian life, but i can't remember when i had so much fun in a virtual activity for a very long time. And thats what truely matter. All this red skills whispering in my head "unlock us again" and i reply yes yes of course just wait while a noisy voice in my head play the music of tetris. I assume before i come back to my senses and start playing eco, i have to donate another 10k peds into the lootpool.

But on a more serious note

I played Eu long enough to knew what to expect in loots returned and if i weren't willing to pay for entertainment id stayed away from Entropia. So, "bad loots" won't influence my opinion about EU. I had lots of Globals, a HOF but most importantly, it is still amazing how easy you can tie new contacts and the degree of help and kindness you can recive from other participants. People showed me around the new spots linked me helpfull informations and patiently awnsering my mountain of questions. I had a few nice and entertaining team hunts and somehow i got dragged in a society altough i wanted to avoid this first.

If you have some peds to spend, EU offers now a very broad range of activitys you can engage into and it truely evolved. I feel Eu is a cool place again to hang out and i intend to be around as often as my time allows me.

Yea, lots of new stuff Fiona. :)

We now have these things called "planets" that you can get into a spaceship and fly to....

:wtg:

So its true, they all come back....

Heyyyyyyy !!!11 :'D

PS :
Mindark what have you done to minopolis !!! and where are the juke boxes ? For the rest, good job

But thats only the tip of the iceberg...

I have to agree that PE actually looks far stunning than it did when I last played some years ago. I am now using a PC with a bit more grunt and a decent graphics card enabling me to enjoy the visuals a bit more: and they're incredible!

I too am a couple of weeks 'back' in the game, although fortunately I hadn't got rid of any skills (just a shame I sold most of my equipment - I see market value has increased considerably for some items I use to own). I'm kicking myself too for not checking out the Missions sooner as I had hunted enough argos and corns to complete some of the Iron Challenges! These missions are great fun and a very interesting way to get back in the game.

I haven't properly checked out the society terminals though - are guys from cK, CC, DR, Warants etc still around? Ah, to be nostalgic!

Back