WoF Prizes.....Surprise News!

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hello to all of you who are gearing up for this year's World of Firepower, the greatest event in EU.

This year, the 6th time we ride out in a hail of gunfire and slaughter all that stands before us, there is added incentive. The fine people at MindArk have seen fit to create a commemorative weapon; actually, they've created 12.

Yes, that's right; the 12 members of the winning team from WoF 2012 will each bag themselves;
a WoF Edition Marber Bravo..
I have not been given any details of stats yet but it looks to be a fine weapon for anyone's collection. The Bravo was the gun that started the FoF, which started the WoF, and got us where we are today. There hasn't yet been a modified or mentor edition of this fine blunderbuss of a plasma tagger and this will fill that gap nicely for sure. Thanks to MindArk for responding to my request to make this year a little special. WoF 2012 Winners Jackets will also be awarded.

2nd and 3rd place teams will also recieve weaponry/equipment (as yet unspecified, will keep you posted).

MindArk have also expressed a wish to help in rewarding the Support Teams, so expect the SCAR award this year to be a little special.

Other news:
We await the delivery of the first batch of WoFFeeMugs, the commemorative mugs promised for so long. They will be available to buy in-game or through paypal around the time of the event.

To come this year: we see the return of the Bug Swarm (a late Stage Bonus Mob) we see high maturity Tantardion (waiting to drop something nice in my opinion, and available soon, or now, right up until the event starts) and even the return of the Chirpy Mutated Bonus Mob...... and More!

Exhibition Moblist CURRENTLY OPEN FOR SCORES until August 24th

All Teams to REGISTER FOR THE TOURNAMENT by August 11th if at all possible.

First Qualifiers: AUGUST 25th/26th Saturday/Sunday

That's it for now, see you all soon:)

Hurrikane

P.S. I apologise wholeheartedly for past failures to deliver prizes on time, and a few promised mugs aside (which shall be delivered eventually) I believe everyone got what they were due. If anyone still feels they are owed a WoF prize, please get in touch. The last three years have been run without me having an internet connection and the organisation has been sketchy at best. Now I'm back online things should go a lot smoother. Also, MindArk look to be helping a bit more than usual so I'm confident of more people going away happy then ever:)

Last edited:
This is wonderful & surprising news to read!
Reading through everything gave me a smile from the amount of interaction MindArk will have with this amazing event that I gladly participate in however I can.

I will be looking forward to the stats of the Bravo and the other pieces of equipment that has been promised and I am glad that MindArk chose to do these things for a player run event.

Best of luck to the many other nations and a big thank you Hurrikane for doing this each year.

See everyone at the qualifiers! :thumbup:

Very good news ....

indeed...

Also glad to hear , that ma does not forget the support workers ...

This Years WOF will be awesome :D

WoF Edition Marber Bravo has a nice ring to it ;)

wonder if they add SIB for once ^^

As a n00b I have to ask - what was FoF?

And what does SCAR stand for?

WoFFeeMug sounds funny, I might have to snag one of those.
:)

Tippin'

As a n00b I have to ask - what was FoF?

FoF was Festival of Firepower, some events Hurrikane ran that inspired WoF. Basically it was a bunch of people teaming up and blasting everything with Marber Bravos. I think there was some scoring between teams too iirc.

And what does SCAR stand for?

The SCAR (Slaughtering Comprehensively And Rapidly) Award will again feature as part of STAGE 4.

Other news:
We await the delivery of the first batch of WoFFeeMugs, the commemorative mugs promised for so long. They will be available to buy in-game or through paypal around the time of the event.

This still going to be available? Be cool to sit drinking WoFFee from a WoFFeeMug next year :p

This still going to be available? Be cool to sit drinking WoFFee from a WoFFeeMug next year :p

Looks like WoFFeemugs will finally be part of the promotional merchandise for WoF 2013.

Hurrikane

Kinda necro ... sorry ...

But it really belongs to this. I've made a first try of a RL WoF 2012 Champion cup. I will improve it during the weekend. Every member of Team DACH can get one with his name on it. Ofcourse J Boy and Hurrikane can get one as well. All I want is material and shipping costs. Here is the first try. It is too small (100 mm) and some details are missed ... like the WoF logo.

progress432d.jpg

Well, I made another try with a 1,5 scaled model. That means the final model would be at a hight of 150 mm. But TBH even this format doesn't work properly for me. Have a look:

pokal_02.jpg

I will scale it again. Let's say up to 200 mm.

I splitted the model into three parts: the base, the cup and the wings. I didn't print the 150 mm wings because it was very clear soon that this is no option.

Last edited:
I'm curious. What material is it made from? Plastic or something else? Is it from a mould?

That's my list from Team DACH of WoF 2012:

xXMajor Sir SharkGT EliteXx - Shark
Tina abuyin Walther - Tina / Frau Walther? :)
Florian Vlooe Fischer - Vlooe
MH Grave Digger - Grave
Ulla Jamira Braun - Ulla
Conny1303 Conny1303 Konika - Conny
Shawn Thark Columbo -Thark
Felix Filly Kiste - Felix
Richman1 Richman Killer - Rich
kawa shurkamp saki - Kawa
Maren Kleene Scharf - Kleene
Parlog Parlog Gothakaur - Parlog - oh Captain, my Captain!

and additional for serious help and "treue Dienste"

Kintadrim KC Crux - KC

I will use the names in bold for the cup prints ... just message me if you want a change.

Sadly I never learned to speak German, and trying to copy and paste the product name into the French version of the site returned no results.

lol

Try "pearl.fr" ;)

That's what I mean - I already tried that.

First time I've seen a website with international versions and none of them were in English lol.

Okay, I used Sissi's wiki link and clicked the English version - specifically, were are talking about a polymer.

Okay, I used Sissi's wiki link and clicked the English version - specifically, were are talking about a polymer.

To name it right we are talking about a WoF Champion Cup :)

Currently printing the Cup for our Captain ....

To name it right we are talking about a WoF Champion Cup :)

Currently printing the Cup for our Captain ....
lol, I was thinking about the construction material, but yeah, its the WoF Champion Cup.

lol, I was thinking about the construction material, but yeah, its the WoF Champion Cup.

It's being made using a 3d printer if I'm correct, with standard 3d printer polymer-type melting wire building up the design in layers.

Excellent job by the way, would look even better painted up:)

Hurrikane

It's being made using a 3d printer if I'm correct, with standard 3d printer polymer-type melting wire building up the design in layers.

Excellent job by the way, would look even better painted up:)

Hurrikane

Well, the professional spoke ;)

No worries Hurri ... your exemplar of the cup will come up soon! :)

Well, I am on ... <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed>

We are happy at one side with our cheap 3D-printer, at the other side we are unhappy. The quality of the prints is really hobby-artist level. We got some black material and printed a new base for the cup. It must be painted with gold. Hopefully we can present the first "good" one next week. Jamira decided to choose Richman as the first.

Stay tuned, I will be back with pictures during next week ... <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL!

Two little suckers try to improve this a bit. It costs time and money to bring up additional RL WoF prizes. And all they got is: "<removed>"

Back