Can you help with WoF Advertising?

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, I need help with getting the news about the WoF to as many people as possible. If anyone could tell me a bunch of stuff to do with promoting then that would be fantastic. I need to know how to get the ads on all the Bill-Boards in game, how many forums and websites will take a poster or ad, and any other way of getting the message out. Publicity needs to start now (posters etc on way) and run right through to December. Hoping to get translated Rules and Info in time to send to the foreign forums.

If you can help, please get in touch through this thread or by PM.

Anyone helping out with the WoF in any way this year will be rewarded proportionally from the Prize Fund. The more people we get to play, the bigger the prize fund grows.... you get the picture. Let's all make this an amazing one.

Hurrikane

entropiaplanets has a classified ad system I believe. I haven't used it in a while.

Entropiaplanets has a wiki site you can edit. Entropedia is like that too.

PM Dr.D.C. about banner ads on entropiabay.

PM me about at widgets on my blog if you want em on there. I can also set up signs for you in game in my estate. Just drop off the sign with the ads installed already and I'll hang it up in a good location - probably right outside the shop between the tp and the service center at Omegaton. Other shop owners likely can do likewise. Just search a few estate terminals for who owns the place and shoot the owners some pms.

Ad terminal ads have to be a certain ratio using power of 2 rule. If you are uploading PC for the ad terminal, you might want to focus your efforts on estate signs that have same dimensions as ad terminal/ad screen ads so that you don't have to do a bunch of multiple PC uploads, but can do one and use it on multiple signs/screens, etc. Focus on signs though since they use fewer item points.

Contact 711 about banner ads on ef and here at pcf of course. There's several other sites out there too. Just contact the site owners.

Last edited:
Thanks, will send you pics as soon as they arrive:)

What dimensions/format?

Hurrikane

For leaderboard not more than width 850 px * height 90 px

For the side not more than width 250 px * height 600 px

Formats almost anything JPG, BMP, GIF may be even flash if blogger supports it.

If you want, I can look into making an "WoF App" for Entropia Life ... With 20.000 members, it should hit a rather large portion of the Entropia Universe players...

Check out the app's already found on Entropia Life - as well as the witepapers.
Basically the app's can interact with Entropia Life (formerly known as Entropia Tracker).. so it will be possible to automate the scoreboards (if there is any rules I can apply based on globals)...

PM me (starfinder) on Entropia Life if you are interested..

I can throw 5 pets out to spread the word for you at strategic locations... oh wait taming isn't back, stinkin MA.
(couldnt resist having a dig)

But seriously quite a few players are spreading the word for you already, yes they may be spreading it to as many Aussies as possible :) but im sure many are seeing the sig's floating around

I think youll be suprised how many are ready and waiting lying dormant, but we will do our part and i'm sure all the teams will go all in now that you are ready.. The Aussies are ready.

Bring it the rest of the world!! and spread the word... well 3 words

WORLD OF FIREPOWER

finally something interesting in EU again.

I can throw 5 pets out to spread the word for you at strategic locations... oh wait taming isn't back, stinkin MA.
(couldnt resist having a dig)

But seriously quite a few players are spreading the word for you already, yes they may be spreading it to as many Aussies as possible :) but im sure many are seeing the sig's floating around

I think youll be suprised how many are ready and waiting lying dormant, but we will do our part and i'm sure all the teams will go all in now that you are ready.. The Aussies are ready.

Bring it the rest of the world!! and spread the word... well 3 words

WORLD OF FIREPOWER

finally something interesting in EU again.

Your Sigs and banners are superb, by the way:)

Hurrikane

I'm sure if you contact the guys from Southern Fortress Engineering they could put up a display sign at their Arkadia Booth at Celeste Quarry. It gets very busy there, lots of exposure. Sure to get many people who've never heard of it before to join in.
Probably be best to PM ACEwoK on PCF to get in to talks about it.

Check it out, we have promotional material:)

J Boy's been hard at work making the Trophy a thing of beauty as it's meant to be making an appearance in-game at some point; MA have asked for a model of it to work with, expect some sort of Trophy room or monument to come:)

WoF 2012 Platoon.jpgWoF 2012 - Sign Up.jpgWoF 2012 Sign up Banner.jpgWoF 2012 EU Web Banner.jpgWoF 2012 - Prizes.jpg

Gonna be sending/resizing/pleading to get these in as many places as possible. If anyone wants to help, and can put any of these Ads up anywhere online at all (but preferably where EU players will read them) then feel free. PM me if you want emails of the original files.

Gonna be a good one,

Hurrikane

once again Jboy your work is astounding !

Back