Mail from mindark

AndromedaDiablo

Prowler
Andromeda
Got this lovely mail

Is it true they gonna fix/repair the low loot on hunting but are they gonne fix it on mining too?

Gothenburg June 11, 2012
Fellow Entropian,
In May, we mailed a survey to all Entropia Universe participants who had created their account before January 1, 2012, and who had been active during 2012; including both depositors and non-depositors. Nearly 20 percent of all recipients chose to complete the survey - a rich amount of valuable data to analyze!
Main survey results
The purpose of the survey was to help MindArk identify the main reasons why active participants reduce playtime and/or deposits in Entropia Universe. Based on the results from in the survey, the three main reasons are:
Poor loot returns: A total of 85 % of respondents either "Agree" or "Strongly Agree" with the statement about "Poor loot returns" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.
Looting powerful Unlimited items: A total of 67 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement "Low chance of looting powerful Unlimited items" as a reason reduce playing or depositing.
Avatar progression: A total of 42 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement about "not enough opportunities for avatar progression" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.
Other reasons to reduce playing or depositing: "Strongly Agree" or "Agree"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 Lack of direction and purpose 38 %
5 Game missing important systems 37 %
6 No interesting content, story missions 36 %
7 Introduction of limited items 30 %
8 Inferior customer support 16 %
9 Not enough social interaction 11 %
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the reasons highlighted above offer opportunities for improving Entropia Universe, and MindArk, along with the planet partners, has already started projects to improve those areas.
Loot returns in particular is an area that is being evaluated very closely, and you will be happy to hear that several projects are already under way. Among those are:
MindArk's balancing team is working to improve the delicate economic balance within Entropia Universe and among the various planets, with the goal to provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience to the largest number of participants as possible. Creature loots in particular will receive a major overhaul throughout 2012 to improve this balance. Planet Calypso, in one of the more exciting announcements in recent months, has announced that it will subsidize the Calypso lootpool during 2012 with more than 100,000 USD worth of Calypso Land Deeds, which will no doubt improve the overall loot returns for many participants. Full details on this announcement can be found here. In many cases, participants can experience poor loot returns by engaging in activities in a manner that is relatively inefficient. In order to provide tips on becoming more efficient and help participants avoid common mistakes, the MindArk development team has begun a series of Developer Notes articles, available on the Entropia Universe Buzz webpage. MindArk is also exploring new partnerships and promotions that will bring new sources of revenue to the Entropia Universe economy, and which will ultimately lead to better overall loot returns and an improved user experience. One such example is expected to be launched within the next few weeks, and will offer a way for Entropia Universe participants to increase their PED card balance by taking part in exclusive offers and surveys. More information about this will be released soon.
Kind regards,
Jan Welter Timkrans
Humble Creator of Entropia Universe

posted at my [URL="http://wwwentropiauniverse.blogspot.nl/"]site
[/URL]

Last edited:
How do people keep getting these email updates and surveys? I have the checkbox ticked on my account and still dont receive them. What is the email address of the sending email from?

~Danimal

One such example is expected to be launched within the next few weeks, and will offer a way for Entropia Universe participants to increase their PED card balance by taking part in exclusive offers and surveys. More information about this will be released soon.

+rep, when it's reserved. No matter how well this is going to work, it's a step forward.

Hey, now they know how to make people happy: loot mod mercs in every other HOF. I sure hope they don't plan to address that second point, because the only way to do so is to drive their "delicate economic balance" into the sea...

I'm genuinely surprised that was #2 out of those issues, but I guess I shouldn't be.

Here's hoping the mob loot overhaul isn't a step in the wrong direction.

PS If you want to score quick points for #3 concern, MA, here's an easy, fully-developed idea. You just have to hand it to the dev team...

How do people keep getting these email updates and surveys? I have the checkbox ticked on my account and still dont receive them. What is the email address of the sending email from?

~Danimal

It must be conspiracy that they don't send any to you, you are on them for sure. :lolup:

~Danimal

Seems its random, I didnt get the survey and therefore not able to do the Argo Scout event, but I did get an email with the results of the event on 11 June and received the OP mail today.

Not sure what you can do about it. I've always had the email notification ticked.

Sounds like overall good news to me :beerchug:

~Danimal

For surveys like that they usually select players with quite some years behind them in Entropia. They might have thought of you as “too new” for this survey in particular. Also, some surveys are sent to randomly selected players and not all.

i love it when a half decade of whining comes together :)

this announcement makes me feel a bit better about things, i hope they can make the loot interesting and more sympathetic to our bank accounts .:wtg:

~Danimal

Most likely you got yours in the spam folder. I rescued a few from there and I get all of them now.

just read it myself :) new loot might be good but in experience any tweaking done to the system results in a fiery crash...

Survey Results email from : ENTROPIA UNIVERSE

First post will show the content of the email (below) in case you have not seen it...
Second post will highlight a portion of the email for discussion.

Gothenburg June 11, 2012

Fellow Entropian,

In May, we mailed a survey to all Entropia Universe participants who had created their account before January 1, 2012, and who had been active during 2012; including both depositors and non-depositors. Nearly 20 percent of all recipients chose to complete the survey - a rich amount of valuable data to analyze!

Main survey results

The purpose of the survey was to help MindArk identify the main reasons why active participants reduce playtime and/or deposits in Entropia Universe. Based on the results from in the survey, the three main reasons are:

Poor loot returns: A total of 85 % of respondents either "Agree" or "Strongly Agree" with the statement about "Poor loot returns" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.
Looting powerful Unlimited items: A total of 67 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement "Low chance of looting powerful Unlimited items" as a reason reduce playing or depositing.
Avatar progression: A total of 42 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement about "not enough opportunities for avatar progression" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.

All of the reasons highlighted above offer opportunities for improving Entropia Universe, and MindArk, along with the planet partners, has already started projects to improve those areas.

Loot returns in particular is an area that is being evaluated very closely, and you will be happy to hear that several projects are already under way. Among those are:

MindArk's balancing team is working to improve the delicate economic balance within Entropia Universe and among the various planets, with the goal to provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience to the largest number of participants as possible. Creature loots in particular will receive a major overhaul throughout 2012 to improve this balance. Planet Calypso, in one of the more exciting announcements in recent months, has announced that it will subsidize the Calypso lootpool during 2012 with more than 100,000 USD worth of Calypso Land Deeds, which will no doubt improve the overall loot returns for many participants. Full details on this announcement can be found here. In many cases, participants can experience poor loot returns by engaging in activities in a manner that is relatively inefficient. In order to provide tips on becoming more efficient and help participants avoid common mistakes, the MindArk development team has begun a series of Developer Notes articles, available on the Entropia Universe Buzz webpage. MindArk is also exploring new partnerships and promotions that will bring new sources of revenue to the Entropia Universe economy, and which will ultimately lead to better overall loot returns and an improved user experience. One such example is expected to be launched within the next few weeks, and will offer a way for Entropia Universe participants to increase their PED card balance by taking part in exclusive offers and surveys. More information about this will be released soon.

Kind regards,

Jan Welter Timkrans
Humble Creator of Entropia Universe

Now... in an email about ENTROPIA UNIVERSE sent by planetcalypso@entropiauniverse.com, only one planet was actively mentioned and PROMOTED:

MindArk's balancing team is working to improve the delicate economic balance within Entropia Universe and among the various planets, with the goal to provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience to the largest number of participants as possible. Creature loots in particular will receive a major overhaul throughout 2012 to improve this balance. Planet Calypso, in one of the more exciting announcements in recent months, has announced that it will subsidize the Calypso lootpool during 2012 with more than 100,000 USD worth of Calypso Land Deeds, which will no doubt improve the overall loot returns for many participants. Full details on this announcement can be found here.

Discuss.

Yeah I got that email too.

What annoys me is:
MindArk is also exploring new partnerships and promotions that will bring new sources of revenue to the Entropia Universe economy, and which will ultimately lead to better overall loot returns and an improved user experience. One such example is expected to be launched within the next few weeks, and will offer a way for Entropia Universe participants to increase their PED card balance by taking part in exclusive offers and surveys.

That isn't improving loot. If I wanted to complete surveys for pennies I have a ton of other options on the internet.

~Danimal

If you really wonna get those mails, depo less :D

Yeah I got that email too.

What annoys me is:

That isn't improving loot. If I wanted to complete surveys for pennies I have a ton of other options on the internet.

NOOOOO DON'T BRING THAT CRAP TO EU!!!!!! Don't give MA any ideas that fill my Email or get me calls from telemarketers! Quickest way to get my skills OFF my avatar...

I got the Email also. All it tells MA is what we been bitching about in forums for years!!!!! Hunt higher mobs need better gear cost 10x as much as beginner hunt for what? 40-50% returns? Enhancers are obviously NOT factored into the loot pool as I do the same with or without them just kill a bit quicker. Pretty much stopped using them as it has proven to be a worthless system unless you have HIGH stats to begin with on the gear you want to use them on.

To me the survey wasn't detailed enough, it was pretty vague in it's questions. Or it was tailored to what MA was willing to look at for improvement. MA look at my log in time lately no where near what I used to be and depos dropped off a lot as I am tired of losing. Now look at my withdraws from game! NONE I am a player here to play and enjoy the game. Might want to look deeper into that to keep your PLAYERS the ones who depoed daily/monthly and never asked for it back. I may be soon as this game has become less enjoyable and more costly to me.

If I didn't have the awesome Friends/SOC I have and enjoy atlas haven radio I might have already left this game.

A bit of a rant here but it strikes a nerve.

Oh forgot what you wanted to discuss OP lol. Caly is owned by MA now again if I ain't mistaken, maybe they didn't consult other PPs before sending email. Maybe it was a Caly specific event to begin with on the survey so why wouldn't they only comment on Caly...

V/R
Wildman

#1 and #2 are pretty much fixed with the same thing...

#1 .. give better % in loot returns...
#2 .. start looting rare armors and guns more to fixed both 1 & 2.

Their should not be only a couple of a certain type on gun.
Their should not be a couple full sets of rare armor. (or one set of carramone)

Everyone should get the chance to experiance the game as an uber or semi uber.

Drop a dozen of each of the rare items and armor sets and you will see happiness start to come again.

So what If it tanks the prices by a few k.. I woudnt mind.

I was kind of shocked when I read the survey/offer part. I always consider those things as kind of sleazy. Is this is what Mindark is coming to....peddling 50 cent surveys? I am disappointed. :(

Gonna keep a close eye on their financials now.

This seems to be a black eye on their reputation in my consideration.

I was kind of shocked when I read the survey/offer part. I always consider those things as kind of sleazy. Is this is what Mindark is coming to....peddling 50 cent surveys? I am disappointed. :(

Gonna keep a close eye on their financials now.

This seems to be a black eye on their reputation in my consideration.

Obviously you didn't pay attention.

Those winners are:

1st Place - William Will Last - 3154.24 - $2000 Alienware Gift Card
2nd Place - Micro Moose Moose - 3122.36 - 7 Calypso Land Deeds
3rd Place - Calin Panther Amaritei - 2987.38 - 3 Calypso Land Deeds
4th Place - Joker Mitya Pupkin - 1154.54 - 1 Calypso Land Deed
5th Place - Leon Slippery Shockwave - 1135.49 - 1 Calypso Land Deed
25th Place - Zenith Zen Cool - 291.52 - 1 Calypso Land Deed
50th Place - Uniqu3 Uniqu3 Hunter - 187.06 - 1 Calypso Land Deed
100th Place - Resnis Resnis Tusnis - 86.52 - 1 Calypso Land Deed

Decent prizes for a few minutes of our time. Now what they do with the time we spent telling them the issues with the game is what will make the difference...

Wildman

There are two sets of Carramone according to the storyline :silly2:

My point exactly!
I would love to put on an uber armor set, go out and hunt and not feel like im the only idiot that depositted a retarded amount for some virtual armor set.
It would be nice to see other idiots doing the same!

But only way that will happen is if price was lower aka, more sets.

How do people keep getting these email updates and surveys? I have the checkbox ticked on my account and still dont receive them.

Yes indeed, same for me.

I had a few weeks break and got an email wondering where I was... In RL you dummies!

But nothing about events or surveys or the above.

Selective mailing? I think so.

And no mrproper, was nada in my spam folder.

#1 and #2 are pretty much fixed with the same thing...

#1 .. give better % in loot returns...
#2 .. start looting rare armors and guns more to fixed both 1 & 2.

No they are not. I would be more than happy if killing 200 atrox in 3 hours would NOT cost me 200 ped loss on average as it is now. The chance of looting a rare item HAS to be minute, otherwise it's not a rare item anymore.

I returned the survey and am glad that the message I gave is very clearly echoing along with all other feedback: fix the damn average loot returns.

Until MA does noticeable changes to the loot distribution I will be playing this game in 1$/hour mode, loading their servers as much as I can and not depositing a single dollar. I'll be living off my storage contents that accumulated in almost 7 years of hardcore playing. By the time the changes have effect on my loot too, I'll reconsider hitting the big D. Until then the braces of MA's staff kids will have to be paid from other sources of income.

Oh, and by "effect" I mean that I'm hitting a fat HoF, as I learned from dev note #2, despite my history in this game, I have just as much chance to hit big as a one month avatar with a P5A maxed.

/Slupor

Last edited:
90 minutes killing Atrox on Sunday - under 50% return.

2 x 60 mins killing Estophyll last week - actually came 1st and 2nd, but still didn't quite break even on loot.

Fewer than 1 hunt in 10 profitable.

That's what they have to fix - not giving a few 1000 Ped prizes (partly to the wrong people), or a few Pec for surveys.

And bad loot is bad for CLD returns - less loot means less playing time, means less decay.

There is a basic conflict of interest between MA who set the loot level (as low as they can get away with it seems), and the PP whose income comes from decay.

Last edited:
I am curious how MA is going to interpret the poll results...

1.Poor loot returns: A total of 85 % of respondents either "Agree" or "Strongly Agree" with the statement about "Poor loot returns" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.
2.Looting powerful Unlimited items: A total of 67 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement "Low chance of looting powerful Unlimited items" as a reason reduce playing or depositing.
3.Avatar progression: A total of 42 % either "Strongly Agree" or "Agree" with the statement about "not enough opportunities for avatar progression" as a reason to reduce playing or depositing.

Personally, I feel that every single "real" reason to quit the game is a result of #1. Because of low loot results, I cannot progress my avatar. Due to a lack of progress, it is hard to find out which direction I'd like to specialize. The lack of systems and content would be a lot less of an issue if my return were sufficient to create my own content (participate in player organized events... of which there would be more if more people stuck around, which they don't due to the cost of play).

Introduction of limited items wouldn't be an issue if everyone could just play the game steadily and affordably. And lack of support...well, nobody quits a game because of this, because they only SEE support if there is an issue which shouldn't have risen. And the perception of support goes hand in hand with the amount you pay for the product... better loot return, less paid for the product, less whining about support.
Insufficient social interaction: yep, that's what happens if you create a low loot environment where everybody is too busy trying to stay afloat.

Issue #2 goes hand in hand with #1. If there's more loots of high value items, this means the returns of others must come down....

So once again, it all boils down to "get a better overall return and we will stick around longer".

Other important bits:

MindArk's balancing team is working to improve the delicate economic balance within Entropia Universe and among the various planets, with the goal to provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience to the largest number of participants as possible. Creature loots in particular will receive a major overhaul throughout 2012 to improve this balance.

Uh oh...

Planet Calypso, in one of the more exciting announcements in recent months, has announced that it will subsidize the Calypso lootpool during 2012 with more than 100,000 USD worth of Calypso Land Deeds, which will no doubt improve the overall loot returns for many participants.

Sadly, this does very little for the average player. Sure, it is a great prize to win, but it is not a structural solution for a structural issue...

In many cases, participants can experience poor loot returns by engaging in activities in a manner that is relatively inefficient. In order to provide tips on becoming more efficient and help participants avoid common mistakes, the MindArk development team has begun a series of Developer Notes articles, available on the Entropia Universe Buzz webpage. MindArk is also exploring new partnerships and promotions that will bring new sources of revenue to the Entropia Universe economy, and which will ultimately lead to better overall loot returns and an improved user experience. One such example is expected to be launched within the next few weeks, and will offer a way for Entropia Universe participants to increase their PED card balance by taking part in exclusive offers and surveys. More information about this will be released soon.

Looking forward to it. More ingame ads which help boost the lootpool, perhaps as well? Anyhow, seems we'll be filling out loads of surveys soon. Hope, however, it's not one of those US-only systems like in so many other games...

NOOOOO DON'T BRING THAT CRAP TO EU!!!!!! Don't give MA any ideas that fill my Email or get me calls from telemarketers! Quickest way to get my skills OFF my avatar...

1) Set up an email account, specially designed for such spam
2) Use a fake phone number

Or..don't do the surveys.
Done.

Back