Planet-Specific Patches
Integrated minor fixes for planet content into Entropia Universe:

• Calypso
  • ROCKtropia
  • Arkadia
  • The Thing
  • Cyrene
  • Next Island
Visit each planet page for more information.

Mindforce Update & Rebalance
Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.
The decay of the Payn-Inc Implant Inserter has been reduced from 2 PED per use to 2 PEC.
Several new Mindforce effects and Mindforce Chips have been added.

Fixes
The objective marker for quests has been changed from a simple arrow to a more visible marker with name and distance, similar to the marker used in the PvP forts.
A new “Place” context menu item has been added when right clicking on an item.
Several audio improvements have been made, including Increased water sound distance and separate sound effects for male and female avatars, as well as for vehicles.
The dialog texts shown to group leader when re-entering dungeons has been adjusted.
Item restrictions are now properly enforced when in a restriction zone.

Known Issues
Mindforce charge-up animation effects are not correctly displayed for female avatars.
Several new Mindforce chips are missing charge-up animation effects.

MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Can i consider myself as a winner in this release since i own a neopsion 55 implant?

Planet-Specific Patches
Mindforce Update & Rebalance
Mindforce Implants now have a new parameter - Implant Deterioration - which determines the percentage of Mindforce Chip decay that is absorbed by the Mindforce Implant. The former static decay amount for Mindforce Implants has been removed.
The decay of the Payn-Inc Implant Inserter has been reduced from 2 PED per use to 2 PEC.

Woah</KeanuReeves>

Repercussions: MF hunting may now be eco, depending on implant and chip, small ESIs have less reason to have lower markup than big ones.

Very interesting....

Could anyone pls submit a screenie of, or first experience with the new MF system?

Not new system, rebalance of system, there should also be new chips but i have seen no discoverys so far.

Can i consider myself as a winner in this release since i own a neopsion 55 implant?

I bet the reason for cheapening the use of inserter is introducing of more eco L implants (so those who prefer eco way and don't mind using L stuff will have to use the inserter a lot). In this case your 55 would become an overpriced uneco souvenir of old times :)

i would assume no.

as all the implants have a deterioration of 2% (at least for NeoPsion 10, 20, 30, 55)

Its not like they will increase in price alot but its convenient to have a higher level implant so you can use higher level chips, before that was uneco if you used smaller chips also but now the decay will be the same no matter what implant you have when using lower chips also.

Just done a quick test with my neo55 and elec V(L), assuming my calcs are correct this is the change:

Old system: 3.899 dam/pec

New system: 4.129 dam/pec

:yay:

Woah</KeanuReeves>

Repercussions: MF hunting may now be eco, depending on implant and chip, small ESIs have less reason to have lower markup than big ones.

Very interesting....

Maybe if all the implants didn't have the same % (2% of chip decay)... hmm doesn't that mean they all the same ... as all are % of chip decay 2%.

Maybe a typo on implant descriptions? :D

Mindforce has needed better economy though, and implant decay reduction is nice.

Last edited:
Just done a quick test with my neo55 and elec V(L), assuming my calcs are correct this is the change:

Old system: 3.899 dam/pec

New system: 4.129 dam/pec

:yay:

That would make it the most eco weapon in the game, even better than IMP-ANCIENT-MK2 :)

Woah</KeanuReeves>
small ESIs have less reason to have lower markup than big ones.

Very interesting....

or big esis now have less reason to have higher markup than smaller ones.

That would make it the most eco weapon in the game, even better than IMP-ANCIENT-MK2 :)

AIMK2 is 4.721

or big esis now have less reason to have higher markup than smaller ones.

That's the very first time I've been accused of being a "glass half full" kind of person. :laugh:

Hehe, that should impact the ESI market... :)

Last edited:
Great MF/Implants news.

Really ?
Then entropedia has to be updated.
Or are we talking with or without multiplying it by 0.92 for maxed hit ability ?

Slither's old skool. Incidentally, I DID just update the Entropedia entry for that very gun yesterday. Amazing how these rare weapons go years without anyone really testing them. :)

Hmm, I'm not understanding why this change would raise the price of small ESI's. Unless you filled up a massive esi in one crack, you still used the inserter more often with a bigger esi. If anything, bigger esi's would get more expensive.

Do you guys think this means all weapons will get upped to ~4 dpp? Should I wait before doing some serious hunting? If the 4 dpp on mf is true, it's the end of the gun/melee era.

One of my soc (Cold Steel Steelrail) looted a 23ped beacon after the VU.

The odd thing was that it only had a TT of 5.50ped. Neither Fishface or I recall ever seeing a partial-TT beacon before, so I was wondering if this is new with this VU :scratch2:

And will the beacon have to be repaired before it can be used? And what's the implication for beacon sales if it can be used at part TT? (Why pay 23ped+markup if a 5.50ped+same markup works just as well ?)

Pic below (thanks Mulga!):

**Checked auction and all beacons are full TT. Steel will report it to support as a bug.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not understanding why this change would raise the price of small ESI's. Unless you filled up a massive esi in one crack, you still used the inserter more often with a bigger esi. If anything, bigger esi's would get more expensive.

That's why people buy big ESIs, of course. To fill them completely in one use and not spend 2 PEDs on tool decay dozens of times instead of once. Now, the difference in cost is much smaller. Of course, it may be that big ESI price drops instead of small ESI price rising, but the point is that the reason for the difference is mostly (but not entirely... there's still the granularity of a skill level) gone.

Do you guys think this means all weapons will get upped to ~4 dpp? Should I wait before doing some serious hunting? If the 4 dpp on mf is true, it's the end of the gun/melee era.

Please see my previous post before this becomes some kind of mass panic.

The feffoid cave is finally fixed.

One of my soc (Cold Steel Steelrail) looted a 23ped beacon after the VU.
The odd thing was that it only had a TT of 5.50ped.
Maybe all the bots in the instance will have 25% of health and all the boxes 25% of the loot :D

When I say 4.000 dam/pec you guys can read it as 2.780 dam/pec

I'm an old man stuck in my ways :)

I dont think I have repaired my Payn-Inc Implant Inserter ever. Huge savings to be had here :wtg:.....how about decay on weapons, amps and armour???

Slither's old skool. Incidentally, I DID just update the Entropedia entry for that very gun yesterday. Amazing how these rare weapons go years without anyone really testing them. :)

time to fruit test the IMK2 again also?

changed from 0.250 to 0.252 and now 0.255 it seems. I think the decay is similar to the original one on all other ancient toys.

time to fruit test the IMK2 again also?

changed from 0.250 to 0.252 and now 0.255 it seems. I think the decay is similar to the original one on all other ancient toys.

Imk2 tests to 0.255, Aimk2 to 0.250. Whether either has been changed, I don't know. I don't remember if I ever tested the imk2 to be 0.252 as it said in entropedia for years. 0.005 pecs decay is so close to being insignificant that I can't get worked up over it even if it changed. If it were to continue to change, I would...

ETA: After reviewing the history for both IMK2 and AIMK2 on Entropedia, I don't think there have been changes to the decay, just human error. Why the ancient would have 0.005 pecs less decay, I don't know... seems pointless. Also, LOL at the history of the IMK2.

I dont think I have repaired my Payn-Inc Implant Inserter ever. Huge savings to be had here :wtg:.....how about decay on weapons, amps and armour???

Since i'm replying anyway... MF was hopelessly uneco compared to said weapons, and in need of a change to bring it in line with the economy of the rest of the game systems.

Last edited:
And will the beacon have to be repaired before it can be used? And what's the implication for beacon sales if it can be used at part TT? (Why pay 23ped+markup if a 5.50ped+same markup works just as well ?)

Beacon TT cost is supposedly included in the beacon loot, so if you use a 5.5 ped unrepaired 23 ped beacon, your loot expectation should be 17.5 ped less, no?

Mindforce hunting with Electric III. Before this VU:

ME: 20 PED
Chip decay: 4.97 PED
Implant decay: 1.43 PED

This VU:

Implant decay: 0.1 PED

That's a 5% eco bonus. Implant is NeoPsion 20.

Last edited:
Mindforce hunting with Electric III. Before this VU:

Implant decay: 1.43 PED

This VU:

Implant decay: 0.1 PED

That's a 5% eco bonus.

Which implant did you use? :)
Ty for sharing!! ;)