Discovery: Achilles Level II Finder Amplifier (L)

Neophyte

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Alex Neophyte Zane
First discovery ) Made one amp out of 2 attempts. If a serious miner wants to test it for the community, feel free to volunteer in this thread. I'll trade it for TT value, obviously. I don't have time to do it myself unfortunately.

Based on description it seems to add run speed, same as Achilles III. Looted and clicked on Calypso.

Full tt is 115 ped.

Last edited:
If my GC hadn't died a few hours ago I would have taken you up on that offer.

I used the Level III achilles finder from the guy who found it, was rather uneventful :(

Soo this minging amp makes you... walk faster?!? :rolleyes:

Soo this minging amp makes you... walk faster?!? :rolleyes:

If so - even 3% speed up give faster drop rate - bigger turnover.

and it looks exactly the same in inventory?

Gratz Neo :)

Recipe seems simple enough as well, too bad it's only L for now.

It also gives you 22 extra drops due to higher TT and can be filled up with animal oil residue.

Last edited:

It's always been my understanding that avas run slower when carrying a weapon/finder/scanner/etc than when not so it would seem that this amp would accomplish just that--give you "normal" running speed while carrying the finder. Am I right? :dunno:

and what do you mean by "...and can be filled up with animal oil residue."?

It's always been my understanding that avas run slower when carrying a weapon/finder/scanner/etc than when not so it would seem that this amp would accomplish just that--give you "normal" running speed while carrying the finder. Am I right? :dunno:

and what do you mean by "...and can be filled up with animal oil residue."?

When you craft something that has animal oils as one of the ingredients you can use animal oil residue instead of the more expensive ones.

When you craft something that has animal oils as one of the ingredients you can use animal oil residue instead of the more expensive ones.

+rep Thx for that!

Today i did test run with this amp, i didnt see nothing ordinary :)
0.5 ped decay like a same l2 amp, metabolic 3%? dont know how that works...
tnx Neo for that :)

metabolic 3%? dont know how that works...
Afaik, it's the same as increasing your Agility by 3%, so... if you had 100 agility, you'd effectively have 103 when this is equipped (not a very notable speed boost, ofc bigger effect with higher agility).

Metabolic Acceleration chip VI + this would be a 38% increase in agi/speed if i've got this correctly :yay:
Me wants more of this kind of items, say boots that increase your agi/speed by X% and gloves that increase strength by X% (for carrying more stuff before slowing down).

so essentially an amp that does its normal job but helps you do it faster...can't see anything wrong there :D
gz!

so essentially an amp that does its normal job but helps you do it faster...can't see anything wrong there :D
gz!

So basically OA 101 with totally unnoticeable buff.
More of the same, even icon is the same as when I first used it 6yrs ago :lolup:

Nevertheless even the suggestion that you "discovered" something new must make warm and fuzzy feeling around someones heart, gz on that 1 :yay:

I.

GZ MA on letting the guy discover OA 101 :D

Gratz :)

Btw, your pedcard made me drool irl lol

Back