jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
maxed_b.jpg
maxed_b.jpg
visit ZOMBIE ARMAMENTS AND SUPPLY
the biggest and best shop on Calypso! to a see a large range of my customised clothing, as well as hoplite armour, rk-5 s, cyrene weapons, RT weapons etc. all at great prices

Hey!
red.jpg

I am currently level 20 in colouring (maxed up to brown) and level 21 texturing. This allows me apply 11 colours perfectly, plus a wide variety of textures (see illustrated list, below)

Until I skill up quite a bit further, I am happy do colouring and texturing work for free, if you provide paints and item. (Tips appreciated, but not expected). I will not normally accept work where a colour or texture that I have not maxed is required, but will help you to find a more experienced designer instead. ( I may be willing to make exceptions, if I am close to maxing the ingredient, but will always inform you if this is the case)

Please read the notes below before booking me. They will help you decide how to make the most of my service, and also help you to avoid scammers who prey upon ignorance

MY MAXED TEXTURES:

maxed_textures_a_21038.jpg

maxed_textures_a.jpg
maxed_b_696169.jpg

maxed_c_july.jpg

MY MAXED COLOURS:

my_maxed_colours_568934.jpg

Not enough colours? I can create a much wider range of colours, including red, black, pink, navy blue, royal blue, dark green, bright yellow, deep purple by using a combination of colour and texture. In most cases this will work out cheaper than using the appropriate paint. Please browse the pictures in this thread to see examples.

various browns that can be got by combining brown paint with texture

I also have an arrangement with Leeloo Faith, whereby she will apply any colours that I can't to items that I've textured, at cut price.

PED return
Do you know that when a paint or texture is applied to a full TT item , you get 90% of the TT value returned in PED? This means that a customisation job might cost you much less than you think. If a service is genuinely free then you should get ALL of those PED returned. Beware scammers who offer a “free” service, but keep some or all of the PED.

The item supplied should be at full TT, if repairable. If less than this, not only is it hard to view the result properly, but also the PED return is automatically used to repair the item. This confuses the issue.

Quantity of Paints and Textures:

The recommended amount is 323 cans/ textures per customisable field

The fewer paint cans used, the greater the chance of failure. 200 cans will usually give very satisfactory results (around 96% saturation) but this cannot be guaranteed. 323 cans give maximum saturation and/or full control of resulting shade. If you want to save PED by using fewer cans/textures then you must be aware of, and accept this risk. In any case, I will not undertake to use fewer than 100 cans.

“failure” means that only a very thin application of the colour/texture results, often just enough to make the field look a dirty sort of white

Customisable items have1-3 customisable fields.

For three-field items , it is recommended that you supply the maximum (323) no of cans/textures per field, even if you don't want full saturation but prefer a more subtle shade. Failure is more likely with a 3-field job, and would result in much wastage, if the item needed re-doing.

Please note that that all fields must be painted or textured simultaneously, but that colour and texture are applied separately. Thus I can add texture to a coloured item, or vice versa but cannot add a third field of paint to an item that is already coloured.

If an item needs to be bleached, I am also happy to do this for free, provided that you want me to customise it! (as bleachig gives no skill, I do not offer a “bleaching only” service, except for undecided clients)

Contacting me: add me to your FL in-game from the player register, or PM me on PCF (I check my PM box there more often than other fora)

Well, that covers all the essential info. If you're not too bored yet, do dip into the further notes below(next 3-4 posts). Also, if you're looking for ideas, you'll find a lot more illustrations scatterere through the thread (starting on page 3)

jay :)

purple_island_shirt_2.jpg

ISLAND SHIRT: customised with jori +blue and ostelok+ purple

Last edited:
alaina_and_jay.jpg

ALAINA: Tight shirt and pants textured with Aakas and Banite; DeLuxe Bustier textured with Veda; Eden micro skirt textured in Aakas. The Banite is applied at around 70% saturation here to bring out the pattern (full saturation is too shiny and metallic- looking for this) and tinted with purple.
JAYDroplet Skirt in Nusul Texture and purple worn with Athenian tunic textured in Tiarak and Brukite. Note the Tunic tucks under this skirt, and thus doubles as a petticoat!The shiny effect is achieved by reducing the saturation of the Brukite a little below 100%

"How can I tell how the item will look?"
If you are really interested is a good idea to have your own colouring and texturing tools, or I can loan them to you, given suitable collateral . You only need 1 can or texture for each field. The tool will show you the best possible result, just as if you added 323 textures and were fully skilled. You can use the slider bars at the bottom of each window to view the result of lower saturations. However you can not see how a plain item will look with both colouring and texturing, not until after one or the other has been done. I often carry coloured items for demonstration purposes, so might be able to help further. However do bear in mind that the appearance of a colour or texture can also depend on the item in qustion. Some items come pre-coloured or pre-textured. This effect is not always cancelled by customisation.

Also bear in mind that textures and patterns can look very different in different graphics settings. You might like to try adjusting your settings to see how it might look to other players, or how it will look when you get your new computer! Most shiny effects are invisible in low settings. If you don't want to dazzle, avoid, jori, mineral textures, and certain specific saturations of stone and leather textures( around 95% for stone, around 40% for some leathers)

Samples: Again, for suitable collateral I can usually loan you samples of paints and textures, or sell you sample packs. As I craft more textures than I am abl;e to apply , I can often supply a wide range of texture samples. If you choose one that I cannot yet apply, I will also help you to find someone who can!
Naturally I hope to be able to help you directly, but I would not want to impose constraints on you.

I am also level 28 + in both tailoring and texture crafting, and a leading crafter /importer of Arkadian textures If you have difficulty obtaining any particular texture, I will often be able to help. However, do please check auction first, as textures get used up much faster than they can be produced! Also please note that the majority of textures can be bought cheaper on auction (If they can be found at all!) than it costs to craft them, so do be prepared to pay “above mu” in some cases.

If you want me to craft your own leathers etc, I am happy to do so and will return all products to you (eg residue) except for blueprints, which I reserve the right to purchase at TT value (can waive this, if it troubles you. But nearly all texture blueprints are pretty worthless. And the rare exceptions don't exactly fetch uber prices) You might also need to supply appropriate extractors, and /or blueprints in the case of limited (L) blueprints. Normally, twice the TT value of the required texture in hides/leathers is sufficient. However, returns can be variable, so I recommend collecting 10% above this figure, to be safe. The quantity of residue returned is extremely variable. You might wind up in profit, or with substantial losses. I cannot be bothered with videos. If you don't feel that you can trust me, don't ask me!

Estimations: I do not always have sufficient information (eg consumption of extractors might be unknown) to accurately estimate cost. And where I do have the info, this might take some time to work. Don't ask unless seriously interested!.

If you want to work it out for yourself, the following formula works well for reasonably high QR and limited blueprint

[EDIT:crafting returns have changed multiple times since working out this formula, so it will now be considerably less accurate. have therefore removed it ]

STOCK ITEMS:
As a tailor, I can supply some garments, but unfortunately a lot of the more interesting blueprints are rare and/or limited. If you want me to customise Basic shirt or pants, I will supply these for zero mu, but will charge mu for other items. Do check auction for the item you want, as many items can be bought very cheaply, if you happen to look at the right time.

Besides basic shirt and pants I frequently craft the following customisable items and usually have in stock:
NEXT ISLAND
Athenian tunic (M/F)
Athenian headscarf(F)
Island Shirt(M/F)
Jungle Shorts(M/F)
Elysian Tropical Top
Hoplite Armour (all parts M/F, However BP's are (L) so omgoing supply cannot be guaranteed)

CALYPSO:
Flame shirt (M/F)
Flame pants(M/F)
Luna Shirt (M/F)
Luna Pants(M/F)
Multi pattern shirt (M/F)
Multi pattern Pants (M/F)
Uncommon Prints:
Radar Jacket (M/F)
Seduce Mini Skirt(F)
Pub Bowler Hat (M/F)
Squared Pants (M/F)

ARKADIA:
IFN custom singlet (M/F)
ACA/AS custom singlet (M/F)
IFN custom pants (M/F)
ACA/AS custom pants(M/F)
ACA/AS custom shirt (M/F)
IFN custom shirt (M/F)
IFN custom cap (M/F)
ACA/AS custom cap (M/F)

I also craft most of the Arkadian non-customisable clothing (still trying to obtain complete set of prints) including carapace black/blue/white/ red boots, and Trailblazer Long Boots (F); and can supply cheaper than auction

This is far from a complete list, but availability of other items is variable. I do buy up "blanks" of many of the items that I don't craft, so might well have the item you want. I also keep a variable number of limited tailoring blueprints, including various curtains, valances and carpet, and might happen to have the item you want in stock, or be able to craft it for you. But please note, again, that crafting cost frequently exceeds auction mark-up, (as these are not big sellers and thus often go at bargain basement price)

I aim to supply at cost price approximately, if you want me to customise the item, but may have to make an educated guess at this, as crafting runs are too short and too variable to reveal an average cost, and I have little patience for detailed records and minute calculations.

Trying items on: I often carry a wide range of clothing about with me. It is not all for sale, but if you are undecided about your look, I will happily loan you any available items to try on, to help you decide on colour and style combinations. You should be prepared to offer collateral, and to reimburse decay.

Costings (where appropriate) I am human and sometimes miscalculate(most often in the customer's favour) Feel free to query if it seems too steep

Last edited:
I just love the Island ShirtsHere are just a few examples of the interesting designs you can create by mixing them up with Arkadian textures. The Island shirt has 3 fields, field 1 is the background, field 2 the buttons, and field 3 the flowery bits.
island_shirts_misc.jpg

By the way, if you want an off-the -peg Island Shirt, I usually have a pretty wide selection available cos I just can't stop myself customising them! :laugh:

[EDIT: since the FUBAR update, the (F) island shirts are ridiculously short. I have stopped selling and customising them til further notice. (M) shirts are still OK ]

Making Colours Darker

As you've seen, textures can be used to make colours darker or otherwise enhance them (eg "orange" looks pale peach, normally; but most textures will bring out the vividness you expect. Jori is the best one for this, of course...but be careful not to overdo it!)

Generic leather is a popular choice for darkening, due to its low mu (It can cost you less than 3 PED per field, after PED return). But beware, if darkening is all you are after!

I find that gen leather often looks good on small fields, eg belts, but on a wide expanse like that shirt, the knobbly effect can be really unattractive. Soft leather is better.

Whatever texture you add, you are going to get a little more than just a darkening effect. Often that will add interest to the fabric; but if you want something relatively unobtrusive, I find that Nusul in low saturations works very well with many colours (but you will get a different colour completely with some) You might also consider rutol stone texture, or Bokol (a greyish Arkadian texture. not often on the market, but very nice). Whichever you choose, remember, you can adjust the saturation to get a wide range of shades.

The grainy effect of Arkadia Woods is often less "in your face" and/or more attractive than the gen leather effect (see the Island shirts, above. and the green Athenian tunic for an example or two) and they arre also pretty cheap ; but it all depends on context, and if you overdo it, you can end up looking like a walking tree.

Calypso woods can also be used for darkening, but only really work in very small fields, if applied to clothing, or else they look pretty silly!

At the request of a client, here's a picture of a basic shirt textured with Aarkan. As you can see, it is a very glossy texture, but if you don't want it glossy, you can reduce the saturation a bit (second picture)

aarkan_shirt.jpg

And here's the effect of putting Aarkan texture onto various colours:

aarkan.jpg

Last edited:
I borrowed this useful list from Leeloo Faith (thanks, Leeloo:) ) and updated it a bit. I'm in the SIB period for the textures marked in blue. To get the same results as for maxed texures, I would need to use 10 texture enhancer per extra level needed per field. This is seldom worth it (much cheaper to enlist the help of an higher-level texturer in most cases) but the option is there.
Purple text: additional textures available via arrangement with Leeloo (further textures reqiire enhancers)

TT Value & Max Levels for Textures
Name----------------------------------- Value Max Rec Found
Brukite Stone ------------------------- 0,01 2,6 0,0
Carabok Leather ----------------------- 0,01 2,6 0,0 Arkadia
Large Striped Cotton Fabric ----------- 0,02 2,6 0,0
Halix Leather ------------------------- 0,04 2,6 0,0 Arkadia
Miluca -------------------------------- 0,02 3,1 0,5 Arkadia
Nissit Stone -------------------------- 0,02 3,7 1,0
Couger -------------------------------- 0,02 3,7 1,0 Rtropia
Ostelok Leather ----------------------- 0,04 3,7 1,0 Arkadia
Denim Fabric -------------------------- 0,02 3,9 1,2
Midastree ----------------------------- 0,01 4,8 2,0
Jori Leather -------------------------- 0,03 4,8 2,0 Arkadia
Kaldon Stone -------------------------- 0,03 4,8 2,0
Flannel Fabric ------------------------ 0,03 5,1 2,3
Rutol Stone --------------------------- 0,04 5,9 3,0
Fine Hessian Fabric ------------------- 0,03 6,4 3,5
Arkace -------------------------------- 0,04 7,0 4,0 Arkadia
Feran Leather ------------------------- 0,05 7,0 4,0 Arkadia
Sopur Stone --------------------------- 0,05 7,0 4,0
Hessian Fabric ------------------------ 0,04 7,6 4,6
Trutun Stone -------------------------- 0,06 8,1 5,0
Oro Leather --------------------------- 0,07 8,1 5,0 Arkadia
Tight Knitted Wool Fabric ------------- 0,05 8,9 5,8
Ospra --------------------------------- 0,20 9,2 6,0 Arkadia
Aarkan--------------------------------- 0,15 9,2 6,0 Arkadia *not the same as Aakas
Ribbed Velvet Fabric ------------------ 0,06 10,1 6,9
Kaz ----------------------------------- 0,22 10,3 7,0 Arkadia
Stinktree ----------------------------- 0,04 11,4 8,0
Veda ---------------------------------- 0,24 11,4 8,0 Arkadia
Khorudoul ----------------------------- 0,40 11,4 8,0 Arkadia
Large Ribbed Wool Fabric -------------- 0,07 11,5 8,1
Hekia --------------------------------- 0,06 12,5 9,0 Arkadia
Large Woven Cotton Fabric ------------- 0,08 12,7 9,2
Generic Leather ----------------------- 0,05 13,6 10,0
Wenrex -------------------------------- 0,20 13,6 10,0 Arkadia
Lidacon ------------------------------- 1,80 13,6 10,0 Arkadia
Riptor Leather------------------------- 0,38 13,6 10,0 Arkadia
Khorum--------------------------------- 1,00 13,6 10,0 Arkadia
Evenweave Cotton Fabric --------------- 0,09 14,0 10,4
Zadul Leather ------------------------- 0,11 14,7 11,0 Arkadia
Velvet Fabric ------------------------- 0,10 15,2 11,5
Turp Leather -------------------------- 0,07 15,3 11,6
Banite -------------------------------- 0,21 15,7 12,0 Arkadia
Aakas --------------------------------- 0,50 15,7 12,0 Arkadia *not the same as Aarkan
Tiarak Leather ------------------------ 0,15 16,8 13,0 Arkadia
Firn ---------------------------------- 0,12 17.9 14,0
Hadraada Leather ---------------------- 0,18 17.9 14,0 Arkadia
Soft Leather -------------------------- 0,13 19,1 15,0
Cbase Plastic ------------------------- 0,14 19,1 15,0
Coarse Frieze Fabric ------------------ 0,14 19,1 15,0
Bokol Leather ------------------------- 0,22 19,1 15,0 Arkadia
Plumatergus Leather ------------------- 0,14 19,4 15,3
Snablesnot Leather -------------------- 0,15 19,8 15,7
Sabakuma Leather ---------------------- 0,15 20,1 15,9
Combibo Leather ----------------------- 0,15 20,2 16,0
Hebredite ----------------------------- 0,30 20,2 16,0 Arkadia
Songkra ------------------------------- 1,20 20,2 16,0 Arkadia
Cornundos Leather --------------------- 0,16 20,3 16,1
Fugabarba Leather --------------------- 0,16 20,3 16,1
Terrycloth Fabric --------------------- 0,15 20,3 16,2
Exarosaur Leather --------------------- 0,17 21,0 16,8
Corria -------------------------------- 0,08 21,3 17,0 Arkadia
Caudatergus Leather ------------------- 0,18 21,3 17,0

Medium Frieze Fabric ------------------ 0,16 21,6 17,3
Snarksnot Leather --------------------- 0,19 21,8 17,5
Telfium ------------------------------- 0,25 22,4 18,0 Arkadia
Vedacore ------------------------------ 0,75 22,4 18,0 Arkadia
Burlap Fabric ------------------------- 0,18 22,9 18,5
Gradivore Leather --------------------- 0,24 23,5 19,0
Madana Leather ------------------------ 0,29 23,5 19,0 Arkadia
Joplin Dragon ------------------------- 3,00 23,6 19,1 Rtropia
Cornundacauda Leather ----------------- 0,24 23,7 19,2
Scoria Leather ------------------------ 0,30 23,7 19,2 Arkadia
Prancer Leather ----------------------- 0,25 23,8 19,3
Fine Frieze Fabric -------------------- 0,19 24,1 19,6
Faucervix Leather --------------------- 0,26 24,3 19,8
Lysterium ----------------------------- 0,21 24,6 20,0
Bigwig -------------------------------- 0,28 24,6 20,0
Thermodure Plastic -------------------- 0,28 24,6 20,0
Oweko Leather ------------------------- 0,36 24,6 20,0 Arkadia
Daikiba Leather ----------------------- 0,28 24,8 20.23
Striped Frote Fabric ------------------ 0,21 25,4 20,8
Berycled Leather ---------------------- 0,30 25,4 20,8

Allophyl Leather ---------------------- 0,33 26,4 21,7
Coarse Frote Fabric ------------------- 0,23 26,6 21,9
Tripudion Leather --------------------- 0,34 26,6 21,9
Belkar -------------------------------- 0,22 26,8 22,0
Foul Leather -------------------------- 0,37 27,5 22,7
Mermoth Leather ----------------------- 0,38 27,7 22,9
Felt Fabric --------------------------- 0,24 28,0 23,1
Tantillion Leather -------------------- 0,39 28,1 23,2
Blausariam ---------------------------- 0,24 29,0 24,0
Yulerium ------------------------------ 0,60 29,0 24,0 Arkadia
Fine Silk Fabric ---------------------- 0,26 29,2 24,2
Mourner Leather ----------------------- 0,45 29,6 24,6
Argonaut Leather ---------------------- 0,46 29,9 24,9
Kiana Leather ------------------------- 0,48 30,1 25,0 Arkadia
Emerald ------------------------------- 5,00 30,1 25,0
Wrinkled Felt Fabric ------------------ 0,28 30,5 25,4
Narcanisum ---------------------------- 0,28 31,2 26,0
Otorugi Leather ----------------------- 0,60 31,2 26,0 Arkadia
Fine Frote Fabric --------------------- 0,29 31,7 26,5
Longu Leather ------------------------- 0,55 31,8 26,6
Canvas Fabric ------------------------- 0,31 33,0 27,7
Tantardion Leather -------------------- 0,66 33,1 27,8
Zinc ---------------------------------- 0,30 33,4 28,0
Armax Leather ------------------------- 0,62 33,4 28,0
Kadra Leather ------------------------- 0,72 33,4 28,0 Arkadia
Suede Fabric -------------------------- 0,33 34,2 28,8
Tezlapod Leather ---------------------- 0,67 34,2 28,8
Zulax --------------------------------- 0,78 34,5 29,0 Arkadia
Pop Dragon ---------------------------- 0,30 34,6 29,1 Rtropia
Rudolf Dragon ------------------------- 0,60 34,6 29,1 Rtropia
Atrax Leather ------------------------- 0,68 34,6 29,1
Morrison Dragon ----------------------- 0,90 34,6 29,1 Rtropia
Frigulite ----------------------------- 0,32 35,6 30,0
Satin Fabric -------------------------- 0,35 35,6 30,0
Fine Leather -------------------------- 0,74 35,6 30,0
Huon Leather -------------------------- 0,84 35,6 30,0 Arkadia
Teladon Leather ----------------------- 1,44 36,7 31,0 Arkadia
Oxidized Lysterium -------------------- 0,31 37,8 32,0
Ganganite ----------------------------- 0,32 37,8 32,0
Beladoth Leather ---------------------- 0,96 37,8 32,0 Arkadia

Oculus Leather ------------------------ 0,94 39,0 33,1
Ambulimax Leather --------------------- 1,00 39,8 33,9
Aetherex Leather ---------------------- 1,01 39,8 33,9
Iron ---------------------------------- 0,33 40,0 34,0
Korwil Leather ------------------------ 1,20 40,0 34,0 Arkadia
Itumatrox Leather --------------------- 1,05 40,5 34,5
Oxidized Aluminium -------------------- 0,37 41,1 35,0
Cheetah ------------------------------- 0,60 41,2 35,1 Rtropia
Himi ---------------------------------- 0,34 42,2 36,0
Cersumon Leather ---------------------- 1,20 42,6 36,4
Atrox Leather ------------------------- 1,25 43,3 37,0
Cumbriz ------------------------------- 0,35 44,4 38,0
Oxidized Iron ------------------------- 0,43 44,4 38,0
Formidon Leather ---------------------- 1,36 44,6 38,2
Copper -------------------------------- 0,36 46,6 40,0
Nexnecis Leather ---------------------- 1,55 47,0 40,4
Rough Metal --------------------------- 0,50 47,7 41,0
Caldorite ----------------------------- 0,37 48,8 42,0
Yuka Leather -------------------------- 1,92 49,9 43,0 Arkadia
Megan --------------------------------- 0,38 51,0 44,0
Grooved Metal ------------------------- 0,58 51,0 44,0
Frescoquda Leather -------------------- 2,00 51,7 44,7
Cobalt -------------------------------- 0,40 53,2 46,0
Brushed Aluminium --------------------- 0,66 54,3 47,0
Lanorium ------------------------------ 0,42 55,4 48,0
Gazzurdite ---------------------------- 0,45 57,6 50,0
Hammered Metal ------------------------ 0,75 57,6 50,0
Diamond ------------------------------- 8,00 57,6 50,0
Erdorium ------------------------------ 0,60 59,8 52,0
Quantium ------------------------------ 0,80 62,0 54,0
Polished Chrome ----------------------- 0,87 62,0 54,0
Adomasite ----------------------------- 0,80 64,2 56,0
Niksarium ----------------------------- 0,85 66,4 58,0
Chrome -------------------------------- 1,01 66,4 58,0
Lemmy Dragon -------------------------- 1,50 67,6 59,1 Rtropia
Ignisium ------------------------------ 0,90 68,6 60,0
Letomie Leather ----------------------- 4,00 68,7 60,1
Grated Metal -------------------------- 1,15 70,8 62,0
Durulium ------------------------------ 1,00 71,9 63,0
Phasm Leather ------------------------- 4,86 72,6 63,7
Morpheus ------------------------------ 1,03 75,2 66,0
Chomper Leather ----------------------- 5,43 75,8 66,6
Langotz ------------------------------- 1,10 78,5 69,0
Araneatrox Leather -------------------- 6,35 80,5 70,9
Alferix ------------------------------- 1,15 81,8 72,0
Gold ---------------------------------- 1,20 85,1 75,0
Maganite ------------------------------ 1,25 88,4 78,0
Elvis Dragon -------------------------- 0,60 89,6 79,1 Rtropia
Terrudite ----------------------------- 1,30 91,7 81,0
Azzurdite ----------------------------- 1,40 95,0 84,0
Dianum -------------------------------- 1,45 98,3 87,0
Petonium ------------------------------ 1,99 104,9 93,0
Kanerium ------------------------------ 2,70 111,5 99,0
Opal --------------------------------- 15,00 112,6 100,0
Platinum ------------------------------ 3,20 114,8 102,0
Eomon Leather ------------------------ 18,66 122,6 109,1
Kirtz --------------------------------- 5,80 123,6 110,0
Valurite ------------------------------ 6,20 128,0 114,0
Ruby ---------------------------------- - - -
Rugaritz ------------------------------ - - -
Tridenite ----------------------------- - - -
Xeremite ------------------------------ - - -

Last edited:
Reserved for more info/pics

Last edited:
Third post modified to add some more illustrations, at a customer's request. (Sorry it took a bit long) . I was also requested to show Khorudul texture but i can't get hold of any yet.

Top post modified cos I just hit lev 12 in texturing :yay:

Tyvm for all the +reps, guys :)

Added pics of all the colours I've maxed, on first post (under maxed textures) by request.

Shameless bump!

I badly need some commissions in my quest to max Nusul texture

Hekia, Cougar and Large Woven Cotton textures all maxed now.

I will add them to the pics when I have time...and ummm when I can get a pic of Cougar texture. Can anybody help here?

Now level 13 Material Designer :)
OP updated

Gz! remind me ive still got your clothes next time your on Mandie lol! you know what my memories like! :ahh:

A bump for Jay's service. She did a great job for me today & I'm well pleased.
I would recommend this service & will be returning myself again shortly. Ty Jay.

~Mark~

Ty, Mark :)

have now maxed Generic Leather Texture , Wenrex, Lidacon and Riptor

Delaying the OP update , partly because I have a problem with getting pics again! Riptor looks fine once applied, but it is bugged, so the raw texture in your inventory looks plain white!

Still lacking a Couger Pic. Can anybody help?

Also, really busy with missions, so expect a picture update in about 2-3 weeks

I now get 98% with Nusul, and perfect results with 8 enhancers per field (nope , can't supply texture enancers atm. Have used nearly all of them up :laugh:) Hopefully i can get this figure down pretty fast!

passed lev 14 in texturing a coupla days ago. Ever nearer to maxing Nusul!
Oh! fortgot to say purple is totally maxed now. Next up Dark Slate Grey, then brown.

Will update OP with more pics when done with these missions!

Last edited:
I have now updated the OP to show all the textures that I recently maxed, except Cougar and Lidacon. Lidacon is really pricey, since the mineral is now used for making Arkadian keys!

Riptor is still bugged, but i managed by taking picture of the hide.

This is how the texture would look when applied to a sports shirt:

I currently have enough Riptor texture in stock for two fields @100%, if anybody wants me to apply it for them. But don't hang about. I might just use it :). It's a high TT texture. Can do for 40 PED per field this time (might have to charge more, in future, if the

hides become pricey. Also please note, offer applies only if you want me to apply it for you. It would cost a lot more to just buy the texture)

Just hit lev 16 in colouring :yay: closing in on dark steel blue, well into SIB for brown. OP updated

Woot! I can do white!

Yeah, seriously. I only just realised that I've maxed Khorum texure, which is essentially white paint, in texture form! Check out the pic in the OP! No, that isn't a blank space where I forgot to add the pic :laugh: There really is a pic there (you can just about tell , if you squint a bit )

The drawback is that it's really high TT: 1 PED per texture. So that's 323 PED TT goes into one field. The raw materials are none too cheap either, so expect to pay a fair whack in mu.

But hey! it's white!

I crafted about 80 PEd of this already. Prepared to craft more if wanted, ofc, but please allow some time- or else mine the polymer yourself! :D. The reason I stopped was that there was not enough khorum on auction to make a full field'sworth, at least not without paying increasingly ridiculous mu.

Oh! I've now added a pic of Lidacon. Lovely stuff! And it seems to be coming back down in price :)

Last edited:

Hey!

Just curious - have you actually applied it to confirm that is really white? Fine silk looks white too as a texture, but turns greyish when its applied.

Woot! I can do white!

Yeah, seriously. I only just realised that I've maxed Khorum texure, which is essentially white paint, in texture form! Check out the pic in the OP! No, that isn't a blank space where I forgot to add the pic :laugh: There really is a pic there (you can just about tell , if you squint a bit )

The drawback is that it's really high TT: 1 PED per texture. So that's 323 PED TT goes into one field. The raw materials are none too cheap either, so expect to pay a fair whack in mu.

But hey! it's white!

I crafted about 80 PEd of this already. Prepared to craft more if wanted, ofc, but please allow some time- or else mine the polymer yourself! :D. The reason I stopped was that there was not enough khorum on auction to make a full field'sworth, at least not without paying increasingly ridiculous mu.

Oh! I've now added a pic of Lidacon. Lovely stuff! And it seems to be coming back down in price :)

Hey!

Just curious - have you actually applied it to confirm that is really white? Fine silk looks white too as a texture, but turns greyish when its applied.

Good question!

No, I haven't. And with so few textures i guess it would come out greyish anyway :laugh:. But I'd heard about this new white texture that was gonna make white paint pretty much obsolete, and kinda assumed that people knew what they were talking about (pretty silly in retrospect :laugh:)

Hmm , well , I do trust the A-team to give us what it says in the box, and to help us sneak the limitations of the customising system, as they have so often in the past. So I'll be highly surprised if it just comes out grey. But, no, can't confirm.

cool :) Hope its white then! :)

Ya I like what they have been doing with he textures - no insane levels to apply! :)

Good question!

No, I haven't. And with so few textures i guess it would come out greyish anyway :laugh:. But I'd heard about this new white texture that was gonna make white paint pretty much obsolete, and kinda assumed that people knew what they were talking about (pretty silly in retrospect :laugh:)

Hmm , well , I do trust the A-team to give us what it says in the box, and to help us sneak the limitations of the customising system, as they have so often in the past. So I'll be highly surprised if it just comes out grey. But, no, can't confirm.

OK just did what I should have done in the first place. Tried out khorum ( in the texturiser window) on a variety on clothes (whatever I happeneed to have on Ark, where I'm crafting atm)

The results are both disappointing and interesting.

Khorum is not after all a substitute for white paint (though it could be in limited circumstances). It does something else. It lays a transparent white film over the item! If the item is a really light grey, the resilt is white, as near as I can tell. Otherwise...well , see for yourself in the pics below. Khorum has been added to all fields in every case

I also did the same with white paint for comparison, on a few items. You can tell which are white paint by the blue background...and the row of white paint cans underneath (just in case it's not clear enough)

Btw, the black bits on the Street Pants come from an automatic contrast that kicks in with this item, if you texture all three fields.

Not exactly a sibstitute for white..but you could create some really interesting effects with it, if applied to the right garment

Now, we just need the A-team to bring out an opaque white texture

*phew*

If you count the time i spent crafting a last bit of halix and skilling up frantically to the point where i can apply Nusul perfectly with only one enhancer, then I spent all day on customising Mark's Jarhead armour and coat. And then a bit longer yet taking pics!

Here's one of my own pics of it

And now, I'm done, I can...still apply Nusul perfectly wth only one enhancer :laugh: (I gained a whole 4% of a level)

As you can see, you can get a gorgeous red and a pretty good black (in the coat border) out of Nusul. See why I'm so keen to add it to my maxed list.

Last edited:
Oh nice picture Jay, thanks :)

I've finally got to level 14.6 in texturing, which means that I've now completely maxed Zadul aaaaaaaaaaaaaand...Nusul :yay:

Here's a pic of the two (smaller pics added to OP, ofc)

Now I need lev 16.7 to max Tiarak!

Jay :)

I've finally got to level 14.6 in texturing, which means that I've now completely maxed Zadul & Nusul :yay:. Now I need lev 16.7 to max Tiarak!

Well done Jay. Big Gz :) & GL for Tiarak!

I just added some useful notes on making colours darker to post #3. Might also add more illustrations later.

But anyway, here's a timely example. I really love texturing the Cognac Coats, though i can't afford to do it very often (well, not til I get more sales in! ). Here's what I did, the other day, using Nusul and Riptor on a green base:

This turns out to make great camouflage wear! Have a look on Arkadia forum for more pics, and further info.

PS. I still have the Jori coat, illustrated on post #2, but don't wear it as often as i used to (too much choice in clothing! :laugh:) Would be willing to part with either or both coats for a suitable price . PM me with an offer , if interested. Same goes for most (F) items I post. Can't keep everything!

Time I posted these pics...

A couple of weeks or so back, my friend Billzczn of Insania Vincet Omnia asked to see some of my off-the-peg island shirts, He fell in love with the one below and asked for some shorts to go with it. I came up with two ideas: orange with Jori, and green with Nusul. He couldn't choose between them any better than i, and took both!

And just for good measure , he took these too :

Many thanks for the patient modelling, Billzczn!

Back