Jaywalker's Free Colouring and Texturing Service

Ok here's some happier news, as promised.

I wasn't expecting any sales in the shop last week, so imagine my surprise when I turned round to see Medeina wearing a complete outfit that she's put together from the shop, having found some nice, relatively unbugged pieces.

medeina.jpg

I say relatively, because those skirts lack their waisband at present, so i shan't be customising any more of them right now. Rest assured that those in the shop will have a matching waitband if/when it comes back

I've found that Tiarak and Nusul are still good to use (Nusul might be a bit too light atm though, until you put colour on top of it) and I've found that just a few designs off clothing are improved! Notably the Athenian Tunic, which now hangs better than before. Here;s my new Ava weating a freshly customised one:

tiarak_tunic_1.jpg

And here are two that I put in auction:

tunics.jpg

The male one is in Tiarak, Nusul and Banite. The female one is interesting I found I can get that dark cyan colour by putting Nusul texture at less-than-full saturation onto turquise. The individual field makes a difference, though remember. I got this nice rich turquoise by combining 100% Nusul with turqouise on a Cognac coat (avatar "after" pic below)

transitional_ava.jpg

Finally, I customised this Radar Jacket (M) with shiny Tiarak in the main field, 100% Tiarak on the side panels, and Ospra on the piping . The shiny Tiarak is not a bug. That's what happens at certain saturations (86% in this case), so I'm confident it will still be shiny after tweaks :).

If you want to re-create the shiny effect, btw, do use the full 323 textures, as it only occurs within a narrow range of saturations, and the fewer the textures you use, the greater the chance that you miss your target.

radar_m_2.jpg

I've put all the above stuff on auction. The rest of my slots are largely taken up with the non-customised Arkadian clothing. That's because it's come through the vu unscathed, and the designs are improved a bit if anything (though Im not so happy with the shape of the female singlet)

However, there's no room to put anything close to the full range of Ark gear on auction, nor in the shop; so if you canb;t see the piece you want, do PM me. Chances are I'll have it in storage

I'll see if I can find time to post a few pics.

jay :)

Last edited:
EMERGENCY WEAR!

I was planning a seperate thread for the Arkadian clothing, as so little of it really belongs in a Customising service thread. I'd already taken a load of pics (now redundant) with the help of a socmate as ...but now...

Well, with so much of the Caly clothing bugged. Arkadia clothing is coming in really handy as a stop gap. Like I said, I do craft nearly all of it, and I do have a lot more stock than I can ever put on auction at once . Also, if I supply direct to you, it will be cheaper than buying my stock on auction (can't promise to always be cheaper than everybody else, cos people will do big crafting runs on one item or another then sell them off dirt cheap ;) )

Most the ark clothing comes in two styles : IFN military and ACA /AS Civilian
four colour schemes: Arctic, desert, Jungle and Custom
and four garments:Singlet, Shirt, Pants and Cap

Yes , every possible combination of the above is available in both Male and Female, so I shan't attempt to illustrate them all! I am missing one or two of the prints, but chances are I'll have what you want

Besides these , there are Trailblazer Boots (M and F), Trailblazer Long Boots (F only) and Carapace Boots in four colours: Black, Blue, Red and White.

There are also ACA/ AS Civilian glasses (which I don't have any prints for :( )

OK, here are some illustrations:

That's all I've had time to prepare so far. Hope to post more later

Zombie Arms now 95% bug-free!:yay:

I finally asked Remy to replace bugged clothing stock with new stock. Couldn't stand it any longer! He should be working on that right now

We are leaving a few minor bugs alone, but nothing that makes any serious difference to appearance. Even the bit of Aakas texture on display is bug-free Aakas. Really! I applied it at 90%-ish on those few items. I've found that Aakas is only buggy at 100% or very close.

Here come some pics:

See how this Tiarak textured Athenian Tunic doubles as a nice blouse :

....and an extra underskirt: :laugh:

Look! Arkadian clothing is still symmetrical:

sigpic40812_10.gif

Shop 1L, Floor 1, Emerald Lakes Mall

Zombie Arms REALLY IS now 95% bug-free!:yay: :laugh:

I'm afraid I posted the former announcement a bit prematurely. It was a lot more work than Remy anticipated, but we finished it between us last night.

The (F) Island shirts and Jungle shorts are all gone now, along with most of the stuff that was textured with large patterns such as Oro, Riptor and Veda, and various other things. I've left in a few bugged items such as short-pleated skirts (lack a waistband now) and Queen Stilettos (toes too long now)since the bugs are pretty evident, updates can only improve the items, and you might want to buy now anyways. That said, I've made sure to include alternative skirts and footwear in the new stock

Most bugged clothing is still bugged *sigh* but I'm finding workarounds when creating new things. eg. large- patterned textures can safely be used on the Arkadian clothing (IFN and ACA/AS) because unlike Caly clothing they kept their symmetry. You can also use Aakas, Khorum and Songkra textures exactly as before, to the same effect so long as you apply them at less than 100% saturation They suddenly turn black at 100% but are OK up to that point.

I'm particularly pleased with this singlet that I made, using workarounds

And i don't mean that I had to make compromises. I wouldn't have wanted the Aakas at 100% in this instance anyway :)

PS If you are looking for Droplets...we had to leave those and a few other (F) items on the (M) shopkeeper due to shortage of space

sigpic40812_10.gif

Awesome stuff!
Highly recommended - use her service! :)

Ty for the bump, dx :)

Just reached lev 18 in texturing, and have now maxed Hadraada and Firn textures. Firn is a dark brown Calypso wood, in case you don't know (Can't get hold of a pic of the texture yet.) You can find a pic of Hadra under Arkadian leathers on post #1. Its a very understated textute, a bit like soft leather but much lighter. I rather like it :)

I've done my first Firn Texture job already, and added a pic of Firn to post #1 :)

if you call in at the shop, you'll find more clothing of mine on display than ever before, including many new creations; and everything re-arranged once again. Also Rk-5 are back in regular supply, and we are gearing up to making a big anouncement, just as soon as Chief gets his weapon supplies re-established.

(Shhh...the announcement is that Sam has ducked out due to RL commitments, and i am now equal co-owner with Chief, so we're running riot putting everything he way we want it :laugh:. If you click on the terminal, you will notice that I'm now managing the shop, so I might as well tell you. But hold back on the gratz, til Chief does the fanfare thing. Hehe)

I've also added a lot of the Arkadian non-custom clothing in the Female Shopkeeper. Yep it's all (F) stuff in there, the reason being that its hard to market the (F) stuff any other way, because the demand for it is not so great, but I do get enquiries abou it, You can get the (M) stuff on auction a lot more easily...or by sending me a PM, of course! I have nearly all the prints now, besides the spectacles.

That said, Carapace boots for both sexes are on display, as usual. anda few odd (M) bits.

On the the bug front: as usual I've avoided items that are badly bugged, and also kept back those items that have been improved by "bugs", eg the (mostly unwanted) asymmetry in textures, which occasionally looks really good, and the unintentionally black polymers; since future bug fixes might spoil those items for the customer. If I've overlooked anything, and you find that your purchase is ruined by a bug fix, I'll be happy to give a refund. (ummm...this offer open for 12 months only- I don't want anyone surprising me in 10 years time long after all records have been lost :laugh:)

sigpic40812_10.gif

oops triple post :laugh:

Last edited:
oops triple post :laugh:

Last edited:
Hit level 18 colourer. Am now "adept" at both colouring and texturing.

Shop fully restocked and re-arranged. Besides a wide range of (M) and (F) clothing, you can also buy cheap rk-5s, quads , dragonflies (all crafted by Chief) Cyrene TT weps, Hoplite Armour (crafted by me ...and don't forget this is customisable! ) and a host of other things!

shop6.jpg

shop8_729830.jpg

shop7.jpg

shop_notice.jpg

sigpic40812_10.gif

Last edited:
Chief has now started a new thread for Zombie Arms *Fanfare! *. Go check it out here

I've sold a few items and added yet more new stock :) I've now started customising carpets. Dunno if they'll sell, but it's fun !

carpet2.jpg

carpet3b_594336.jpg

carpet1b.jpg

I've put prices on the other two but not on that one I added to our chill-out zone. It fits in too nicely !

I haven't really established a routine yet, but am usually in the shop or the nearby AH, when on Caly, and available for custom jobs of course! Also, if I happen to be around, you are very welcome to try clothing on (do provide collateral)

Clothing continues to be bugged of course, so let me remind you of that sign I put up:

shop_notice.jpg

I felt this was necessary because of the texture / asummetry bugs, which create some nice effects on a few things . I took those few things off the shelves along with the stock that was ruined by bugs, because you don't want to find that something you really like suddenly gets "fixed" , do you?

I'm now dissapointed to report that the Island Shirts (M) get cut short and show off your tummy (just like the female ones!), if you wear them under a coat. However I'm leaving them out. Just be warned, they are of limited use til MA fix this bug!

Oh! And a reminder that the hard-too-find (F) Arkadian pants can be found in this shopkeeper, along with some other (F) Arkadian gear:

sker.jpg

If you can't find the (M) stuff u want on auction, drop me a PM. I have nearly all of it, apart from glasses.

You can also find a lot of customised Arkadian singlets, shirts and pants on the shelves. I've not put any hats out, because of a display bug but they are wearable. So if you do want a matching hat give me a nudge,

And here's a pic of the Carapace Boots which you'll find scattered round the shop (both M and F)

carap_vu_14.jpg

As I said before, I think the Ark gear is coming in really handy as emergency wear, while Ma get around to fixing the bugs, which is why it gets a plug in this thread.

Almost everything else is customised ofc. And if it isn't customised I've tailored it myself (sometimes both)

Last edited:
More work with Aakas - Effects of saturation

I've regretfully turned down several Aakas jobs since it got bugged. As I've said, if you apply it at 100%, it now turns jet black. This often looks very nice, but beware! It will surely get fixed, as the same thing happens with at least 2 other textures , including the white one, Khorum.

You can still use Aakas though, so long as you are happy with less than 100% saturation. On some surfaces the bug is only evident at 100%; on others, you can see the Aakas startying to go darker than usual at some point after 90%-ish. At 90% or less Aakas looks exactly the same as before, so far as I can tell.

Actually, you can't see the % figures in the texturiser window. I judge it by eye, but I've gone ahead and clicked often enough to get a good idea of the corresponding figures.

Why must some people always have their texture at 100%? I don't think they realise how much they are limiting themselves. The other day, a customer told me he really liked the gold Aakas shirt pictured below...then added that it "would be better at 100% though".

Er, no it wouldn't. It would actually be completely different at 100%. No matter what colours you apply on top, you can only get that gold colour at the given saturation, or therabouts. Equally, that gentle sheen would turn into a highly glossy plastic effect, if you turned the saturation up a notch.

The same can be said of a lot of other textures, and paints of course Some very nice effects and colours can only be achieved at low saturations. So next time you go shopping, don't limit yourself. If you like the way something looks, don't be put off by low saturations. They might well be deliberate, and you might wait forever to see the same thing at 100%!

By the way, if you are after after a particular effect, its usually best to use the full 323 cans/ textures, especially if it's a three field job. This is because the quantity used doesn't directly determine the saturation, but the probability of achieving the desired saturation. So the fewer cans/textures you use, the smaller the chance that you get the saturation you want. Some effects, eg the popular shiny stone effects, only occur accross a very narrow band of saturations and are too likely to fail if you skimp. Other effects are more forgiving, but before you risk using low quantities, do consider the price of the other materials you're using. If they are cheap and easily replaced, go ahead. If they are rare or pricey, then the overall saving in materials isn't worth the risk of failure.

aakas.jpg

Last edited:
I'm proud of you J. At first I didn't think you'd get far in this area, since it's tough. But it seems you've flourished well enough even in bad times & with mishaps/bugs etc. I just hope you haven't misplaced your wealth doing this or the reason why you started playing EU in the first place. Thanks for helping me on the armour, sadly it didn't sell for what I'd hoped. But that's how it goes sometimes. All the best. Love.

~Mark~

Last edited:
Thank You Jay :)

You really did a wonderfull job on this set of clothes :)

I'm glad you noticed me when i was talking to Hero at the roof of "Emerald Lake Mall".
I guess i would still be saving up PED for crimson paint otherwise...

And this is me wearing that beautifull set of clothes Jay colored and textured :D
arielle_pink_01.jpg

Bye
Arielle

Thanks, Mark :)

I now need only a handful of enhancers to get 100% with the following textures which ALL max at lev 19:eyecrazy:

Soft Leather, C Base plastic, Bokol, Coarse Frieze

As before, I'm willing to supply the enhancers free of charge, so long as you don't a load of fields textured in these (let's say 3 maximum)

Corria texture doesn't max til just after lev 20, but it's cheap enough to take risks with (and too cheap to waste enhancers on) so I've been using it, along with other textures to create some more subdued carpets:

carpets_wood.jpg

The second one is in the middle of our entranceway at Zombie Arms, where the lighting is poor (hence the big difference between the item info pic and the picture of the carpet in situ)

Now, I just knew there had to be a good use for Khoroudoul texture. here it is:

carpet_4b.jpg

Unfortunately, like the other Arkadian polymers, Khorudoul is really high TT, so I probably shan't be doing many like this ...and maybe I'll skimp a bit next time, to save PED. As for the Jori, I wasn't skimping there, as you might thing; it just looked a whole lot better at that saturation, in that field, than at 100%!

No, I haven't only been doing carpets! I'll post some pics of some clothing tomorrow - and more bug news (was gonna post that today, but then, seeing as we got a big vu tomorrow, thought i better wait and see if anything gets fixed)

Oh! I just love Chief's new design for the shop:

zombie_arms.jpg

Emerald Lake Mall, floor 1 (far end from televator)

(shhhh...thought i better steal his sig pic quick , before somebody tells him he mis-spelled Emerald. I think the dyslexic version is cute :) )

Last edited:
Sorry quitting this forum as soon as I can get the stuff i want to keep downloaded etc (gonna take quite some time, especially since i've no heart for it, right now )

As expected, i'm not permitted to explain why (or else there wouldn't be so much reason to leave) but i did try . I will really miss you guys, and this thread, and Leeloo's thread and all :(. Best of luck!

jay

OK given that the moderators allowed my latest post (on Oleg's thread) to stand)I'd like to say that my issue with PCF is at an end, so looks like you're stuck with me after all :D

By way of explanation I'll quote myself from Oleg's Event thread
I'd very much like to thank Syrinx and her colleagues for looking into to the concerns of the autistic community re. Autism Speaks, and choosing, instead to support two charities that really help autistic children. :yay:

I don't know about hunting prots, cos I recently sold off all my good armour to help fund my tailoring and customising business :laugh: so I've decided to support the fundraising initiative in my own way:

Throughout the month of April, 50% of all tips I receive for my free customising service (link in my sig below) will be donated to Syrinx's charity fund. I'd also like to do a promotion along the lines of wear orange for autism awareness on april 2nd...hope there's time to organise something!

Do you guys know there are a lot of autistic adults in the gaming community? People are often surprised, because most of us seem pretty “normal” (not only is it easier to come across as “normal” online; also it gets a lot easier with age and experience) .

I think it might help towards curbing the prejudice that autistic children face, and dispelling some of the persistent myths about autism, if we “come out” in force. Let's do our bit for Autism Awareness by showing the gaming world that autistic people are every bit as human as anybody else!

Best of luck with the event!

jay

PS, assuming the mods approve this post, I'm now back to posting on PCF as usual. :p

I would like to add that my issue was not really with the Promoters of this event, whose original selection of charity was, of course, entirely innocent, but with the moderators for not permitting any opposing voice on the forum (ie deleting my every post and independent thread on the issue, along with supportive replies). The question of who speaks for autistic people is a serious and sensitive political issue, not really appropriate to a gaming forum, (so, honestly, i don't intend to start a protracted debate); however, the unilateral silencing of one POV, on this or any other such issue, should not be tolerated anywhere, however well-intended. Nor should a promotion of Autism Awareness, whether here or anywhere else, eliminate the voice of Autistic community, as actually occurred , in effect.

The happy news is that, as a result of the controversy, contact with Syrinx, herself the mother of an autistic child, and exchanged a whole bunch of interesting , sympathetic constructive PMs. That personal contact is, in itself, a very worthwhile contribution to autism awareness. Thanks, Syrinx

PS . The other happy news is that half of my tips will go to charity next month, as you might have noticed. And if you're not normally a tipper, but do want to make a donation, please feel free to ask me to pass on 100% of your tip.

SPECIAL AUTISM AWARENESS/ACCEPTANCE PROMOTION TODAY APRIL 2nd

WEAR ORANGE for Autism!

Here's a pic of me setting up our new temporary display of orange clothing:

orange_4_autism.jpg

Yes 10% of all sales of orange clothing today will go to autism charities. Well... for as long as this display lasts in fact (i'll try and wangle some extra days off Chief, cause we had some delays in setting this up)

Also 50% of all tips for my customising business, throughout April (click link in sig) will go to (Autistic community approved) Autism charities. If you don't normally tip, but do want to donate, feel free to ask for 100% of your tip to go to charity

Also I will doing orange colouring jobs, with my own stocks, entirely for charity today only (after about 13,00 PM). Minimum donation 1 PED/ item, ITEM MUST BE FULL REPAIR UNLESS (L). I will aslo be applying my own orange Jori texture @ 10 PED field, half of which will go to charity. Offer available only while stocks last! And, yes, I will be using the normal 323 textures /field

Mostly, I'll be in Zombie Arms. If you call in, you can also try stuff on (if you provide collateral) . Please note , however, it makes bookkeeping a pain, if you don't repair the 2 pec damage on items that are full repair, so I would much appreciate if you nip down the hallway to repair these items before returning them (don't bother with anything that isn't full TT to start with)

I had to set up a whole new display for the orange stuff, cos, as you say, we have a new display bug- almost everything looks like a green WoF Jacket :laugh:. It's OK if you click on it, or wear it, but heck, it's hard to pick the orange stuff out! So here;s a preview:

orange_for_autism2.jpg

I'll try keep the promotion going til the small hours (but might need a substantial break, in the evening)

oh! "Why orange?" you might ask. Cos its a damned sight cheaper than blue , ofc :laugh:....No, seriously. Orange and blue have both been associated with autism at times. But since Autism Speaks (much hated by autistic people, because they don't have autistics on their board...er, etc) seem to be claiming the colour blue, theres a groundswell movement to light it up orange instead :)

PS. Here's where to go:
zombie_arms.jpg

Emerald Lake Mall, floor 1 (far end from televator)

just getting back into game after losing connection.

I still have 14k of orange paint and 3k of jori texture to burn!
keeping this open til i've used them

Am keeping the orange clothing display up all month (and 10% of sales still go to charity ofc) ..or for as long as Chief lets me:laugh:... since it is Autism Acceptance Month all through April, after all. I'll post a pic of the complete display, if MA manage to fix the display bug in time (yeah most of the stuff - even the undies- still look just like so many green WoF jackets til you click on them :laugh:)

Here's a great cartoon that an Autistic friend of mine made for "light it up orange" (btw,he is a qualified psychologist, currently teaching on-line, and the girl in the cartoon is his autistic partner, who is a graphic artist working in the film industy. You wouldn't guess they were autistic, if you believed all the myths. You'd just find them to be reserved and unconventional. Neither of them want to be "cured", they just want the bullying and prejudice to stop; this is a very real problem faced by autistic children and adults, even if they don't "come out", since people do detect a difference, and can be very cruel in response)

Don't forget that 50% of my tips this month go towards Syrinx's Autism charity drive. Or you can go kill prots to similar effect.

Btw,It's OK to wear blue instead. Just don't propagate any myths nor donate your money to Autism Speaks (only 4% of your money will go towards helping affected families; the rest will mostly go towards stigmatising autistic people and eliminating autism)

Last edited:
Wow! someone bumped an old thread I made in 2011, and its curently got 3 viewers.

Better bump this one, or I won't be able to compete with myself :laugh:

pleease check the bottom of the last page (page 8) for details of this month's special charity promotion

I've now reached level 19 in texturing :) This means that I've maxed 4 textures all at once! :yay:

I've illustrated all four below, together with the next three in line. The Calypso hides start going down like dominoes now!

update.jpg

Unfortunately the textures in "item view" are too glossy atm, so you can't see some of them very well at all. But Iovercame this by borrowing the Bokol pic (and the other 3 Caly hides) from Akbar's thread. Thanks, Akbar!

Bokol is already a favourite of mine. I like the subtle patterning on it, and it can be verty useful for darkening all kinds of colours. Boko are not hunted much, though, so it can take a while to get enough leathers.

Cbase plastic is interesting: you can use it to give your items a glossy sheen, much like the Arkadian polymers, but without adding colour. This is even harder to get though, because it neds a lot of the uncommon Cbase plastic from bots, plus rare plastic extractors! So, if you really want this texture, please gather the mats yourself! :laugh:

If you want plumatergus I'm happy to throw in the necessary enhancers to get 100% ( I only need 3 per field ) I might need some contibution towards enhancer cost for the next two, til I'm closer

Finally. Here's a pic of recent work that I've been meaning to post:

blue_hebredite_cognac.jpg

No . i haven't maxed Hebredite! But it looked so lovely against the blue that I just couldn't resist, and used up a bunch of enhancers.

The coat is in the shop (click link in my sig) and there's some other new stuff there as well. But it still all looks like green WoF jackets til you click!

Jay's fantastic texturing of my coat !

Thanks so much Jaywalker for your time and patience with the tricky saturation settings on my Tiarak Coat..I wanted something a lil different and she made it exactly as I wanted and I love it! And big congrats on lvl 19 !!

attachment.php

my new hat:)

TYVM \jay for doing my new hat for me and love all the amazing clothes in your shop!!!
:) :yay::yay::dunce:

Tyvm for the screenies, guys. :) Much appreciated!

I've been picking up a few of the less common UL prints from auction, lately, so I don't have to spend quite so much time trawling auction for blanks, I now have Pub Bowler Hat, Radar Jacket and Seduce Mini Skirt, but the one I'm really thrilled about is the Squared Pants BP, because I've always really liked those, and you hardly ever see them on sale. *Ahem* Hmm, yes, i can see why not, because the TT value is crazy high (254 PED) and they are quite pricey to craft...especially given 1 QR print which will take ages to go up, at that rate :laugh:. Still, I'm daft enough to be happy about aquiring it. I really like those pants, and now I'm hoping that some of you do too!

Here are the two that I've crafted and customised so far (and for those who might think they'd look better at 100%, check out the inset. Hmm, well he radioactive Jaffa look might be fun - and I can do it as a commission if you want- but for me, they're vivid enough with the orange stuff toned down)

square_pants_f_purp.jpg

sq_pants_m_orange.jpg

The orange (M) pants are in the shop, in the special orange display...remember? So if you buy those before April is out, then 55.4 PEd will go to charity :) (Hehe , that's a good wayof putting it, huh?)

I can't decide whether to put the purple ones in auction or in the shop, but since there was no space left in either, last I looked, they're out on a test drive instead ;)

sq_pants_modelled.jpg

I've been itching to use Bokol on a Feodara, and I finally had some Bokol and a Feodara at the same time. So here it is:

feodora.jpg

I'm still three levels away from maxing Telfium, but when I tried it out on the hatband, I found it irresistable, so, yep, i used 33 enhancers to be sure I got 100%. The Nusul on the rim, on the other hand, just looked better at a lower saturation (it looked far too dark at 100%)

I've put the Feodora in the shop now (what shop? look at my sig, down there) because, well, it's a hat! And last time I looked, most other things still looked like green WoF jackets. (check out Aerik's pic a few posts up. Yep, that's the shop in the background. and those green jackets are neither green nor jackets, for the most part )

So here's a bit more stock that people can actually see before they click on it.

new look

ahh well here is what jay did for me today pretty sweet looking outfit so thanks alot for that must say it turned out pretty perfect =)

new_ava2.0.jpg

outfit 100% complete

so now Jaywalker made the final piece of my outfit and damn its perfect

new_ava2.0_whit_fedora.jpg

Last edited:
*BUMP* for ms sexy pants :)

Get your colouring and texturing done here

Back