FYI: Logitech G19 color LCD supports Entropia

slupor

Stalker
Society
Project -X-
slupor slupor slupor
Just found out that the Logitech G19 keyboard is supported by Entropia Universe.

The color LCD display is used by the game to display the map (neat) and if you switch to Basic Info, you see:

- Health both in absolute numbers with 0.1 accuracy, as well as the % in brackets
- Tool currently equipped
- Condition of the tool equipped in % with 0.001% accuracy
- Ammo for equipped tool (uses left) + type
- Profession involved in equipped tool

There are also Combat Log and Mailbox windows that don't display anything to me.

The health number is absolutely awesome, as I missed it dearly ever since the VU it got removed.

A G19 is not a cheap toy but I was really happy I found this Easter egg, it's nowhere listed as EU compatible :yay:

Last edited:
Nice find mate, that's pretty cool.

Oh right, someone mentioned this earlier (to me ingame, couple of months ago maybe?) but can't remember who it was... weird that it is not listed, but quite nice :)

cool, I have one ... but at the time it wasn't compatible and now the LED broke somehow as it resets itself all the time ... or ofc I need a full reinstallation of Win (again), like I just did for my son with Max Payne III :-(

cool, I have one ... but at the time it wasn't compatible and now the LED broke somehow as it resets itself all the time ... or ofc I need a full reinstallation of Win (again), like I just did for my son with Max Payne III :-(

Did you hammer too much on the keyboard? Try hitting it from a different angle, might be some loose connection...

And Saving a System restore every now and then is good practice too :wise:

/Slupor

Interesting, Crone would like to know if it works on G15 aswell? (Not the map ofcourse.)

Interesting, Crone would like to know if it works on G15 aswell? (Not the map ofcourse.)

What he said. ^^ Oh and I'll keep this in mind when I get a new keyboard in a year or soo. ;)

I found this feature when I switched from G15 to G19.... G15 does not support EU, at least I did not get it working.

Personally I prefer G15 but mine became a bit flaky (no, did not hammer it too much Atami ;) ) so I swapped in my spare G19 and got surprised.

Now I am seriously considering to make the move permanent and get used to G19.

Did you hammer too much on the keyboard? Try hitting it from a different angle, might be some loose connection...

And Saving a System restore every now and then is good practice too :wise:

/Slupor

hehe, no no ... no hammering, at least that is not what I would call it :)
I might try to connect it again, maybe the lack of support for EU caused it as it is almost the only game I play.

And ... well,

saving, system restores, backup .. I fully agree ... but over the years I made peace with the fact I don't do it :)

Did it work for G510 ?

and how lol ... never used any profiles:D

I found this feature when I switched from G15 to G19.... G15 does not support EU, at least I did not get it working.

Personally I prefer G15 but mine became a bit flaky (no, did not hammer it too much Atami ;) ) so I swapped in my spare G19 and got surprised.

Now I am seriously considering to make the move permanent and get used to G19.

Thanks, although Crone doesn't like the answer itself :D

Its awesome! :D its Been doing it since mid April :) as far as I found :) ( I couldnt get it to connect together to the game for weeks, then once after an update it was perfect!)

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...yboard-help!&p=2927005&viewfull=1#post2927005

+rep for making the first "Discovery", I did not see your post before, you even provided screen-shots (literally!)

Did it work for G510 ?

and how lol ... never used any profiles:D

No idea, I don't have a G510 keyboard but give it a try. The game just recognized the keyboard and the applet showed in the list. It's not rocket science and I'm just as blonde as Alaina :girl:

Someone knows how to connect a profile?

If i search for a game and select entropia.exe (down know the right name) it shows me the EU Icon on the Keyboard but nothing happen.

...maybe i should buy a new Keyboard ^^

The applet is provided by MindArk, I'm 99.99999% certain.

They could have done it for the G15 too. pfff

Has anyone been able to run this applet as a windowed application without the keyboard. That would be awesome :D

The Logitech GamePanel Manager has a built-in emulator. Hold CTRL+SHIFT and right-click the program icon in the tray.
I just tried it and even after restarting the client-loader, the color LCD emulator still showed nothing. Might be nice of one of the G19 owners would try the emulator to see if actually having a keyboard makes a difference.

The Logitech GamePanel Manager has a built-in emulator. Hold CTRL+SHIFT and right-click the program icon in the tray.
I just tried it and even after restarting the client-loader, the color LCD emulator still showed nothing. Might be nice of one of the G19 owners would try the emulator to see if actually having a keyboard makes a difference.

Tnx for sharing! I do not own a keyboard but I got the emulator from the SDK up'n running :D

keyboard_emu.jpg

I'm not 100% sure if I recall the steps as I tried a lot of things but I'll give it a try. Report back if its wrong. A friend of mine tested these steps now and got it working.

1. Download the software from Logitech
2.After installing go to the folder that contains "LCDMon". In my case it was "C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager"
3. After launching it you get a icon in the system tray. Hold in left shift+ctrl and right click the icon. Chose the color LCD monitor.
4. enable the options showed in the picture below.
5. relaunch the game with the emulator launched and it should start showing game info.

keyboard_emu2.jpg

Last edited:
I can start the Emulator but I dont see Entropia in the profile selector.

Good find anyway Snow and minim. :thumbup:

I can start the Emulator but I dont see Entropia in the profile selector.

Good find anyway Snow and minim. :thumbup:

It will appear if you relog with the emulator running

Yessssssss !!!!
It works !!!

Thank you very much Snow and minim.

:shower:

1. Download the software from Logitech
Woot! It does work, it does work!
Download the GamePanel Software (Legacy) version (3.06), not the Logitech Gaming Software (current) version (8.30.86).
I had tried the newest version and it didn't work. Thanks to the screenies and exact path provided by minim, it was obvious something was quite different, so I uninstalled and got the legacy version.

Now if only I could use my elcheapo tablet as a secondary display! :smoke:

Now if only I could use my elcheapo tablet as a secondary display!

I've been using my elcheapo tablet with a VNC app for android and it's great!
I already had my TV hooked up as a secondary monitor, but it isn't practical to use while playing sinceI'd have to turn my head more than 90 degrees to see it. The solution is to put the Logitech LCD emulator on the TV anyway and use VNCon the android device (which fits nicely just below my monitor). The effect is exactly the same as having a G19.

I'm using TightVNC. In the Extra Ports tab, I'm using "5901:640x480+1920+0" which tells VNC only display a small portion of the secondary monitor.
On the android device, I'm using PocketCloud Remote Desktop.

Yuppers, I have had the Logitech G19 Keyboard since October 11th of 2012 (was a b-day gift from my now wife) and I have been using it nicely with Entropia, however, I have not seen the map on the display, how did you manage to get the map to display on the keyboards lcd, all I see is my health, tool being used, how many uses left, and of course tool's current condition.

So how to see the map??????

hmmmmmm? Want to know lol

:lolup::lolup::lolup:
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:

You can switch between some screens

Health/Tool
Map
and another ...dunno.. only using the first one.

To switch use the left/right arrows (left from display)

Regards

Joey

I still don't see a map, I can see the hp screen, then if I left click arrow I can see system messages dmg it seems, if I click right its back to hp screen, if click right again its black sreen, if I click right again its black screen with white crosshair but no map.

any help appreciated.

The one with white crosshair is the map screen, no idea why you cant see it...

Back