PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Old Alpha Theren Strange's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London, UK
    Avatar
    Theren Tere Strange
    Society
    cK
    Posts
    1,118
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crime, you say?
    Fair game, you say?

  2. #12
    Stalker Talania's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    MN, USA
    Avatar
    Talania Tal Indigo
    Society
    Mediaeval Wicca
    Posts
    2,354
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crime, you say?
    Yes, just like in real life when someone switches out the real item for a fake when selling to someone. Con artists show the real thing then switch right before taking the customers money with a fake then hope the person doesn't notice before they can make their get away. Is that also the buyers fault? Yes and no. The con artists are good at making people feel they can be trusted. That is why they are considered con artists.

    So don't be too quick to blame the person who clicks yes to trades after being put in a position they feel the trade is what they were made to think it should be. The con artists are still the ones doing something wrong. Don't forget that regardless of the "All Trades Are Final" part of the game.
    Entropia Universe (P.E.) Account Created 2008-11-23

  3. #13
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    May 2008
    Society
    Toxic Templar of Fallen Knights
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Talania View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, just like in real life when someone switches out the real item for a fake when selling to someone. Con artists show the real thing then switch right before taking the customers money with a fake then hope the person doesn't notice before they can make their get away. Is that also the buyers fault? Yes and no. The con artists are good at making people feel they can be trusted. That is why they are considered con artists.

    So don't be too quick to blame the person who clicks yes to trades after being put in a position they feel the trade is what they were made to think it should be. The con artists are still the ones doing something wrong. Don't forget that regardless of the "All Trades Are Final" part of the game.
    There is no way to switch out what is in the confirmation box. All you have to do is look what is in there before accepting the trade.
    MA: "There is no lootpool."

    Forum users: Oh, so there is a lootpool! I KNEW it!

  4. #14
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    JohnCapital's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Avatar
    John Teacher Capital
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    9,508
    Images
    522
    This thred has NOTHING to do with assigning blame (FYI, the victims are never to blame when the other had willful intent to steal)

    This thread is all about PREVENTION.

  5. #15
    Elite Cail's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Finland
    Avatar
    Crys Cail Behemon
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    3,313
    Images
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Talania View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "All Trades Are Final"
    That pretty much renders the rest of your post irrelevant.
    It's not a crime, buyer agrees 2 times to the thransaction.
    And indeed, it's even easier to get conned IRL where you don't have a popup saying what is exactly on the table.

    And yes, this thread is a good reminder for all.
    Fortuna favet fortibus.



  6. #16
    Stalker Talania's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    MN, USA
    Avatar
    Talania Tal Indigo
    Society
    Mediaeval Wicca
    Posts
    2,354
    Images
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way to switch out what is in the confirmation box. All you have to do is look what is in there before accepting the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That pretty much renders the rest of your post irrelevant.
    It's not a crime, buyer agrees 2 times to the thransaction.
    And indeed, it's even easier to get conned IRL where you don't have a popup saying what is exactly on the table.

    And yes, this thread is a good reminder for all.
    The con artists do a first and sometimes second attempt and claim they are having lag and cancel. Those first few times they are putting the things the buyer is trying to get in the trade window. By then the buyer who likely is excited to be getting the item is getting impatient and doesn't read the last trade. That may be their fault but it is still a con done by the con artists. So make sure you read the trade info every time.
    Entropia Universe (P.E.) Account Created 2008-11-23

  7. #17
    Prowler Corey 'Greyfox''s Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Avatar
    Corey Greyfox Grifydd
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Talania View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, just like in real life when someone switches out the real item for a fake when selling to someone. Con artists show the real thing then switch right before taking the customers money with a fake then hope the person doesn't notice before they can make their get away. Is that also the buyers fault? Yes and no. The con artists are good at making people feel they can be trusted. That is why they are considered con artists.

    So don't be too quick to blame the person who clicks yes to trades after being put in a position they feel the trade is what they were made to think it should be. The con artists are still the ones doing something wrong. Don't forget that regardless of the "All Trades Are Final" part of the game.
    I'm not saying that what they do is right, but frankly if someone is stupid enough to buy into their scam, then the expencive lesson they learned was desperatly needed. If they learn from it, then they are not stupid, if they fall for the same shit in a different pile, then yes, they are stupid.
    I'm really getting sick and tired of people who can't just say, "oh fuck, that was dumb, guess I wont do that again." But nooooooo it's not their fault at all, some magic nanny fairy should have come and saved them from making a mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gloom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As the dictatorship *cough* socialism takes over, parents are not allowed to spank there kids.
    These kids grow up, well age atleast still acting like little kids getting what they want.
    Donnie Charlie gloom.

  8. #18
    Old Alpha Theren Strange's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    London, UK
    Avatar
    Theren Tere Strange
    Society
    cK
    Posts
    1,118
    Images
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thred has NOTHING to do with assigning blame (FYI, the victims are never to blame when the other had willful intent to steal)

    This thread is all about PREVENTION.
    This thread although informative, is pointless.

    Instead of creating a thread enshrewing the bleeding obvious, maybe sticky a 'cut & paste' example of trade scam, showing this criminal behaviour by both the purp and their friends, by doing so it will prove your resolve.

    Theres a very recent and textbook case, as you well know.

  9. #19
    Prowler
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    England, Nottingshire
    Avatar
    bigdaddy longhairedlover trim
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    1,613
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stupidity <> scamming
    There is a lot of stupid players out there scammers come up with some stupid scams too. I remember when i first stared playing and there was thread on Neverdie.com. A person was going around saying he was Neverdie and was selling land on RT. The pics showed this player in the basic clothes you get when you first start. Now you would thought know one full for this, but there was some person who handed 500 ped i thin. Did not get a deed, he was told to collect his land when he arrives on RT. I have to try to find it getting here now, it still make me laugth.

  10. #20
    Prowler Corey 'Greyfox''s Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Avatar
    Corey Greyfox Grifydd
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy trim View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    There is a lot of stupid players out there scammers come up with some stupid scams too. I remember when i first stared playing and there was thread on Neverdie.com. A person was going around saying he was Neverdie and was selling land on RT. The pics showed this player in the basic clothes you get when you first start. Now you would thought know one full for this, but there was some person who handed 500 ped i thin. Did not get a deed, he was told to collect his land when he arrives on RT. I have to try to find it getting here now, it still make me laugth.
    Hehehe, had a guy when I first started claim he maxed out his monthly depo limit and wanted to give me his CC info so I could depo for him, he was even going to let me keep 10% of the depo. Stolen credit card much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gloom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As the dictatorship *cough* socialism takes over, parents are not allowed to spank there kids.
    These kids grow up, well age atleast still acting like little kids getting what they want.
    Donnie Charlie gloom.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook