PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Slayer
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Teacher Capital
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Theren Strange View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theres a very recent and textbook case, as you well know.
    What exactly do you think inspired me to make this thread and that pic?

Audrey Cheery Cheerful
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey 'Greyfox' View Post
    Hehehe, had a guy when I first started claim he maxed out his monthly depo limit and wanted to give me his CC info so I could depo for him, he was even going to let me keep 10% of the depo. Stolen credit card much.
    Woah!
    Give a man a PED and he plays for a day. Teach a man to deposit and he pays your loot for a lifetime! -- Uber proverb
    Common sense died and never showed up at the revive terminal.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And Araneatrox.
    Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Theren Tere Strange
    Society
    cK
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvas View Post
    There is no way to switch out what is in the confirmation box. All you have to do is look what is in there before accepting the trade.
    I read: There is no way to pin anything on me. So i will continue doing it.

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Teacher Capital
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Just a lil bump.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    crazy DaLegend Immortal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Talania View Post
    Yes, just like in real life when someone switches out the real item for a fake when selling to someone. Con artists show the real thing then switch right before taking the customers money with a fake then hope the person doesn't notice before they can make their get away. Is that also the buyers fault? Yes and no. The con artists are good at making people feel they can be trusted. That is why they are considered con artists.

So don't be too quick to blame the person who clicks yes to trades after being put in a position they feel the trade is what they were made to think it should be. The con artists are still the ones doing something wrong. Don't forget that regardless of the "All Trades Are Final" part of the game.
    How much safer can mindark make it, they show you the tt value in the main trade window, then when you click accept there is an item list before you click again

scamming and stupidity are two different things, IRL if you spend your money stupidly, and buy something and find out it wasnt what you initailly thought, well running around screaming and crying doesnt resolve the issue.

The latest so called scam about the skills sale, i mean come on, he was offered 70% of the value, and he isnt a new player, anyone must realise this would make many of the skills cheaper than the esi's to fill them. That in my book is stupidity, not a scam. And ive not to much smypathy for that, crying on the forum hoping to get your money or skills back. ask yourself, if you where so stupid IRL would anyone care?

Guardian
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Trucidator Kraker SimadHul
    Society
    TusaLusa Cadets
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy View Post
    And ive not to much smypathy for that, crying on the forum hoping to get your money or skills back. ask yourself, if you where so stupid IRL would anyone care?
    If there was someone "smart" enough to take advantage of that "stupidity", yes I would care... Taking advantage of "stupidity" on purpose, is wrong in my book... We should make it our responsability as a community to keep things fair for everyone, no matter their IQ, race, religion or whatever... The fact that we screwed RL society doesnt mean we have to screw virtual realitys too...

But then again, I'm just a dreamer....

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    tamlin
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Part 1:
    All trades are FINAL
    Except when they are not

I'm not expressing opinion or value into pointing that out, just used that case to display that the rules, while MA perhaps wants you to believe they are carved in stone, are in reality selectively applied and can be voided at MA's discretion.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    crazy DaLegend Immortal
    Images
    In the case i reffer to, the seller, didnt know, or check the value of his skills minus esi costs, he accepted and offer for 70% of the net value of skills, with out properly checking how much he stood to loose from just that 30% drop. If you are going to go to the effort of selling everything its your responsability to know the value of what you are selling.

Is the community meant to hold everyone hand through every deal and make sure we all getting a fair price, if this was the case then how the hell did we get to a stage when people where paying tens of thousands of dollars for virtual guns, armors and healing kits.

Welcome to entropia, everyone is out to make a buck, people being screwing each other in this game since the begining.

What next, someone who gets looted in pvp, we all chip in and give him something back?
    Last edited by crazy; 07-05-2012 at 15:10.

Slayer
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John Teacher Capital
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlin View Post
    Except when they are not.

I'm not expressing opinion or value into pointing that out, just used that case to display that the rules, while MA perhaps wants you to believe they are carved in stone, are in reality selectively applied and can be voided at MA's discretion.
    I think you misunderstood that case. Tthat wasn't MA who went into the database and transfered ownership of items. The other person involved willfully traded back the items.

The "All trades are final" thing means that 99.99% of the time, MA will investigate trades, determine that you clicked both "accept" buttons, and barring evidence of someone using a known hack/exploit to trick the system, will conclude that the trade is fair game.

10. 07-05-2012, 19:11
    Reason
    Uncalled for

11. 07-05-2012, 19:16
    Reason
    reply to removed post

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Igor Nikola Lucky
    Society
    Freelancer after soc disbandment
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCapital View Post
    Stupidity <> scamming
    I remember once putting TT gun on auction, long time ago just to test if someone would bid on it (it had something like +5 PED monthly markup and 10 sold). TT+1 sb, no b/o

And some sucker bid on it. I had my socmate overbid him so that I collect it so he doesnt at some time realise ffs this is TT gun.
    - he bids again - TT+3
    - there was a bidwar to about TT+10 at which point I let him have it, when he really wants it THAT much

Some ppl cant be saved, trust me...

I.
    Cheers everyone

Enjoy VU10

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast