How is creature regen rate measured?

scorch

Guardian
Elder Scorch Jiub
I guess you could use Entropia Tracker; count the time it took, the damage you dealt minus the overkill, and hopefully, with a large enough data set you'd get some sort of semi-accurate data. Though you would probably still end up with like 2551 instead of 2550 just because the universe is cruel.

I'm wondering because I'd like to help out; not that many mobs on Entropedia that has a known regen rate.

+rep to ya for going to help out the data :)

Mikeemoo did a large test ~ last summer. Probably worth starting by looking at his methodology.

Mikeemoo did a large test ~ last summer. Probably worth starting by looking at his methodology.

Hope we find someone that knows how to get accurate data or has accuarate data.

Will be cool if MA just gives it to you :p

I would be interested in knowing a good method to figure out creature regen rate, figuring that out helps me decide what weapon and amp's to use to be more eco when hunting mobs.

My current method is pretty cheesy and not very accurate but I get somewhat of a grasp at the regen rate.

I use a stopwatch and a gun that does a larger amount of damage. I shoot and do one set of damage, at that time I start the stop watch and know the damage, I then wait until the creature is 100% healed and stop the stopwatch. With that data I can determine how many HP Regen per second a mob has or close enough for me at the moment...

ie. do 51.6 damage, takes 45 seconds to fully heal, so 51.6/45 = 1.15rps(regen per second)

It is not totally accurate but is a fast dirty way to figure it out. I have never entered any data, using this method, on entropedia as it is a fast and dirty method and know there are others out there with much better more accurate ways to get this data.

I know one person suggested using all your damage on a creature over time until dead and knowing the total hp's as a method to figure this out but my question is do all last shot damage amounts only do the damage the creature has left? Or does that value hold alot of over kill damage amount in it's chat information? If that last damage amount contains no overkill data then I can see this as a more accurate way to calculate this data, only issue is that it is only 100% accurate if the last regen cycle is done at the time of the last damage. Or else you get extra time being added in for 100% accuracy.

Last edited:
Back