Entropia Life - Social

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
The community sites for Entropia Universe is spread wide and far. Many of these community sites are forums - such as this one. This presents a problem when you, as a participant, want to "keep up to date" with news/threads related to Entropia Universe.

There are specific forums for Calypso, Cyrene, Arkadia, Rocktropia and NextIsland as well as other sources of news you might want to check to be sure you are up-to-date with everything.

As one of the key elements of Entropia Life is the social interaction between participants regardless of which planet the participant is enjoying Entropia Universe from, we have added a "Social" page to the Entropia Life website.

From the "Social" page you have access to the various social systems on Entropia Life, while the front page of the social system shows you todays new threads on various forums.

social_index.jpg

This list contains new threads and news items from all the well established forums/sites. If you have a site, and would like your "news" to be listed in this system - please go to Entropia Life and create a support ticket, then we can include your site in the crawlers "to do list". :)

Using the "social" page on Entropia Life, you can also search for threads - again, this is across all the forums we are including in our crawler. So even if the thread has been posted on a forum you rarely visit - it will still show you this result, ensuring you never miss a thread!

social_search.jpg

If you have any suggestions to the Social system on Entropia Life, or would like to discuss the site, please feel free. We have our own discussion group on Entropia Life under "Social -> Groups". The group is called "Entropia Life suggestions".

Have a good one! :)

Can it haz chat box :3?

Since this thread is about the "Social" feature of the site, I guess my issue belongs here...

I go to the "Social" tab, click "Society" -> "Find Society", and try to look up mine, in case it already exists in the site.

Since it is not listed there, I try to create it going to "Create Society". I type the name in the "Soc Name" input box, and hit "Create Soc" button. The page refreshes but it is blank, no error message, but no confirmation of success, either.

I go back to "Find Society", but the soc is not there... :scratch2:

...stalled....

Like.. a "Chat with everyone chat room" thing?.. or "Chat with your friends thing" ?

Well chatting with friends is always nice but kinda redundant but a chat room or shout box could be usefull and fun
Not sure how many would acctually use it or for what purpous but just a suggestion

Since this thread is about the "Social" feature of the site, I guess my issue belongs here...

I go to the "Social" tab, click "Society" -> "Find Society", and try to look up mine, in case it already exists in the site.

Since it is not listed there, I try to create it going to "Create Society". I type the name in the "Soc Name" input box, and hit "Create Soc" button. The page refreshes but it is blank, no error message, but no confirmation of success, either.

I go back to "Find Society", but the soc is not there... :scratch2:

...stalled....

Over the next few days i will be working on the soc system.. Thats the thing that needs the most work - but also a rather complex system, with the features we want for it...

Why do you allow a certain music stream site to advertise on your EntropiaLife tracker website? The DJ that hosts that music stream has admitted to using multiple avatars and to having been banned on mutliple avatars and also regularly abuses people in local chat in game?:dunce:

Last edited:
Why do you allow a certain music stream site to advertise on your EntropiaLife tracker website? The DJ that hosts that music stream has admitted to using multiple avatars and to having been banned on mutliple avatars and also regularly abuses people in local chat in game?:dunce:

As per the Terms of Service you clicked "ok" to when you signed up, it was clearly written that Entropia Life has no affiliation with MindArk or any of MindArks planet partners. Therefore, we do not enforce MindArks decisions. :) I hope that answers your question.

As per the Terms of Service you clicked "ok" to when you signed up, it was clearly written that Entropia Life has no affiliation with MindArk or any of MindArks planet partners. Therefore, we do not enforce MindArks decisions. :) I hope that answers your question.

I am sorry but it doesn't explain to me why you would affiliate your service with someone known to be an ass in game that gets banned by MA then just makes a new avatar.

How do you un-register an account with tracker? :scratch2:I don't want to be associated with a website that allows HPR music stream to advertise on it.:(

I am sorry but it doesn't explain to me why you would affiliate your service with someone known to be an ass in game that gets banned by MA then just makes a new avatar.

How do you un-register an account with tracker? :scratch2:I don't want to be associated with a website that allows HPR music stream to advertise on it.:(

I found the location on the tracker site to remove myself since the group running it doesn't care who advertises on it.
I will not be associated with a site that would take peds from someone that admits to having been banned over and over again in game and has been accused of scamming with his events not to mention how mush an ass he is to other players to get more listeners to his music stream.:dunce:

Peds over respect from players in game is a bad choice as far as I am concerned. I would go broke and homeless and still not take money from someone I consider to be a con artist.

I found the location on the tracker site to remove myself since the group running it doesn't care who advertises on it.
I will not be associated with a site that would take peds from someone that admits to having been banned over and over again in game and has been accused of scamming with his events not to mention how mush an ass he is to other players to get more listeners to his music stream.:dunce:

Peds over respect from players in game is a bad choice as far as I am concerned. I would go broke and homeless and still not take money from someone I consider to be a con artist.

We are sorry to see you go, but we can not ban anyone on the site that has not broken any of the rules of the site.

You were asked to provide proof of your accusations, at which point you threw a hizzy hit. Sadly, we can not ban people based on "hizzy fits"

We are sorry to see you go, but we can not ban anyone on the site that has not broken any of the rules of the site.

You were asked to provide proof of your accusations, at which point you threw a hizzy hit. Sadly, we can not ban people based on "hizzy fits"

I was not asked to give proof by the person I spoke with. A former soc mate from one of my past society I was in and up until recently a friend in game. I did give one recent link from the PCF of a thread that showed quite a few things about the person including a local chat log I posted of things the person said. I made it clear that there is a long history with this person on multiple alts that many people that play the game know a lot more about.

If you call my informing a person I considered a friend about something that he should know about a "hizzy" fit you would hate to see what it would be like if I actually threw one. :silly2:

I am just trying to protect the game community from a sick individual and I mean sick in the head. There may be a lot of people that don't know his history and see the link to his stream on a widely used and in my case formerly respected site. If the things I heard are true you are helping this person collect IP address from listeners.:dunce:

You go ahead and try and make me look bad. I am not the one promoting a con artist on a site I run.:hammer::loco:

If the things I heard are true you are helping this person collect IP address from listeners.:dunce:
Then you are misinformed.

Well, of course - if you extend you meaning of "helping" to the point of posting a link to a radio service (like youtube is a video service).. Then you might be correct - I dont know if that service allows the DJ's to view information about the people listening in on the streams....

You accusations of him "hacking people through his radio station" is however, false. And that is what I requested proof of.
Again, if you can provide proof that this publicly available radio service, enables the "dj's" to hack people's computers - then of course we will blacklist links to that service and ban the user in question.

But if your grief with him is based on him "being an arse" as you so diplomatically put it, then im sorry - we stand by our decision of not banning this person.

Then you are misinformed.

Well, of course - if you extend you meaning of "helping" to the point of posting a link to a radio service (like youtube is a video service).. Then you might be correct - I dont know if that service allows the DJ's to view information about the people listening in on the streams....

You accusations of him "hacking people through his radio station" is however, false. And that is what I requested proof of.
Again, if you can provide proof that this publicly available radio service, enables the "dj's" to hack people's computers - then of course we will blacklist links to that service and ban the user in question.

But if your grief with him is based on him "being an arse" as you so diplomatically put it, then im sorry - we stand by our decision of not banning this person.

If the person hosts the music stream from their own server then they can see anyone who visits it. Just like you can because you host EntropiaLife with your own server or servers. He isn't just a random DJ, he is the person who hosts and created the music stream site. And as far as him just being an arse.....it goes far beyond that with the things he has done to people to further his music stream. He thrives on attention regardless of it being good or bad. It brings him more listeners to his events he ran. (I say ran because I don't know if he needs to run them any more after he had his large Atrox HOF).

As for you having nothing to do with what he is doing.....you are allowing him to advertise on your widely used site. With the knowledge of what you have been warned about him. Ask around maybe you will learn more about him. But I have a feeling you know exactly what he is like and what everyone knows he has done in here but don't care. You only care about the money you get.

If the person hosts the music stream from their own server then they can see anyone who visits it. Just like you can because you host EntropiaLife with your own server or servers.
Its sad to see how people with absolutely no It knowledge gets carried away.
To be able to see who visits a website/server is like saying "oh my god - you saw my license plate, now you can steal my car...

Sure, if he had made his own radio broadcasting system. Where you had to downlad and install something - then he could potentially do something. But, he's using a system like "youtube" - just a radio service.

He isn't just a random DJ, he is the person who hosts and created the music stream site. And as far as him just being an arse.....it goes far beyond that with the things he has done to people to further his music stream. He thrives on attention regardless of it being good or bad. It brings him more listeners to his events he ran. (I say ran because I don't know if he needs to run them any more after he had his large Atrox HOF).
Again, being an arse dosent validate a ban on the site.
But, the offer still stands - if you have any proof he has violated any site rules, please let us know.
(Note: saying he is hacking people without any proof will not get him banned - but if you can proove it, its another story)

As for you having nothing to do with what he is doing.....you are allowing him to advertise on your widely used site. With the knowledge of what you have been warned about him. Ask around maybe you will learn more about him. But I have a feeling you know exactly what he is like and what everyone knows he has done in here but don't care. You only care about the money you get.
Being an arse does not validate a ban.
And lol about the money... Collecting empty bottles at the local park will earn me more than this site. :)

Its sad to see how people with absolutely no It knowledge gets carried away.
To be able to see who visits a website/server is like saying "oh my god - you saw my license plate, now you can steal my car...
Car license plates don't change daily like IP does. It is more like someone knowing your home address for a day. They can use the IP address to try and find open ports on your computer and use readily available hack programs that you can download from many sites. If the individual that gains your IP address has no clue how to do anything they can give the IP to a cracker site that will play with your computer like it was a baby playing with a new toy. I know enough trust me. So it is a serious concern if someone who can't be trusted gets your IP. So letting him advertise his stream on your site is you letting him collect the info easier from new players. When he does the radio show in game live he can also see when someone logs on to his site and have a very good chance of knowing who in game was the person who just logged in or just visits the site the music stream is available on if he is administrator to the site.
Sure, if he had made his own radio broadcasting system. Where you had to downlad and install something - then he could potentially do something. But, he's using a system like "youtube" - just a radio service.
I never said the site was being used directly to hack anyone. I told the person affiliated with you and EntropiaLife that already as well. As far as it being like youtube that is not right. The people who upload videos to youtube don't see the IP of people that visit it. Youtube is a trusted site as long as their administrators are not psychotic like the person running {Removed direct refrence} is then everyone should be safe on youtube except for the occasional advertisement that may have a trojan or something in them.

How quickly do you think well known and trusted sites will remove advertisement sites that are known to have a trojan in them? Pretty damn quick I bet to keep their reputation clean. They are the ones who get blamed by google and other rating sites that collect info about how safe sites are. Reputation is pretty important for people to feel a site is safe to go on.

Again, being an arse dosent validate a ban on the site.
But, the offer still stands - if you have any proof he has violated any site rules, please let us know.
(Note: saying he is hacking people without any proof will not get him banned - but if you can proove it, its another story)
Your choice. You are administrator and have the control. If you want to let someone hated in game by so many advertise on your site that is up to you. I gave one of your affiliates some proof and told him there are many people that know more about this sick individual then I do. Your group decided to ignore it choosing money over respect. That was why I opted out on your site. I don't want anything to do with a site that associates with this sick individual.

Being an arse does not validate a ban.
And lol about the money... Collecting empty bottles at the local park will earn me more than this site. :)

If it is not that much money then why the hell are you letting this sick individual advertise on what I used to consider a respected site?

You made your choice about this, I made mine. I know of a few other people who also are opting out of being an EntropiaLife member. I am sure there may be many who could care less about this. But There may be many more that do.

Good luck with your site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car license plates don't change daily like IP does. It is more like someone knowing your home address for a day.
Well, IP addresses does not necessarily change each day.

But, what you seem to misunderstand about the service is that the radio show, hosted by live365, does not show the "listeners IP" to you.
Of course, his "entrance website" using something like google analytics could show him the IP's.

I gave one of your affiliates some proof and told him there are many people that know more about this sick individual then I do.
Can you please provide me with this proof (in a PM preferably)?
I have in the previous posts said that if you had proof of him hacking, or some other illegal activity - then we would ban him right on the spot.

If it is not that much money then why the hell are you letting this sick individual advertise on what I used to consider a respected site?
I dont know how to state this any more clearly than I have done. Being an arse, does not validate a ban. If you interfere with other people ability to enjoy the site.. then sure.. but if you dont "like someone" because of X, then that does not validate a ban.

Back