Julian recovered all his items back from that bad trade

framedraw

Old
Society
Freelancer
Julian Framedraw Trunchiator
Hello,
I am informing you all I just got all my items back including 3 Land Deeds from that bad transaction where an Evil amp was switched with a Beast amp (looking similar but about 3700 peds cheaper). The account of the trader is now unlocked and he was able to revert the trade with me today.

I want to thank each of you for the support you gave me, I want to thank Mindark for taking action and, not at last, to thank BA society who was really willing to help me despite the harsh attitude from some friends of the trader.

This was a lesson learned and now I triple check any transaction I made.

Warmly,
Julian

Good to read it all worked out in the end!

Glad you have a happy ending to this story, mate!

Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Good to hear it worked out but shouldn't he have traded you the evil for the beast amp??

but shouldn't he have traded you the evil for the beast amp??
As I heard later, he never really wanted to make this trade. Now I did not even thought about to insist to give him back only the Beast amp and to give me the Evil amp. I was very affected about my loss so actually I am happy I recovered my items back. I am just fine like that.

Oh thats very good and nice news I am glad to see

>^.^<

This sets a really interesting precedent. I never finished the last thread, did anything more ever happen that would drive MA to get involved?

I wonder if this means now that anyone can complain to MA about a bad trade and get it reversed.

MA reversed nothing. They locked the BA member for investigation, but having completed that, they unlocked his avatar. He agreed to return the items of his own volition.

Perhaps mindark only unlocked him after he agreed to make it right.

Perhaps mindark only unlocked him after he agreed to make it right.

No, to my knowledge they simply decided that after investigation the trade was not a scam. Had they, the items simply would have been transferred without NTM having anything to do with it.

Had they, the items simply would have been transferred without NTM having anything to do with it.

Even in the clearest cases where theft has occured, never has a traded item been returned. I dont know why you've said this when 10 years of factual history prove otherwise.

Even in the clearest cases where theft has occured, never has a traded item been returned. I dont know why you've said this when 10 years of factual history prove otherwise.

Really? Hmm...the guy sounded so sure of himself, I just took his word for it. :ahh:

My understanding is that in instances where an item swap scam occured, the trade was rectified by MA. Am I wrong on this?

My understanding is that in instances where an item swap scam occured, the trade was rectified by MA. Am I wrong on this?

You obviously are as it didnt happen in this particular one, did it.

You obviously are as it didnt happen in this particular one, did it.

Or perhaps the details weren't quite exactly what you want to believe. I know you prefer to assume the worst of BA, as my sig shows.

I am aware of trades invovling hacks/exploits that trick the system (the old "remove item after first click, which was removed") and other system hacking issues where trades were dealt with.

However, barring any known system exploit, MA generally investigates, sees that you clicked accept twice, and decideds the trade is good to go.

Also, good to hear everything worked out in the end. :)

--mods comment--
*cough* knock off the fighting
--mods comment--

they simply decided that after investigation the trade was not a scam.
Not true: this was a scam, you all saw all the evidences and MA confirmed it. If anyone has doubts, please ask for evidences by PM as I can not post them here without breaking 2.2 and 2.6.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I think MA decided to give him a second chance as I recommended this too. MA said the trade is final and it is up to him to give my items back but indirectly helped me by temporarily locking his account and forcing him in this way to send his legalized ID and to have a second thought.

Otherwise it is up to BA if will take any further action against him. I guess he has a pretty welcome back as I already saw he is still a valid member of BA society... despite the evidences.

Last edited:
Back