Agis's Ped Management TT Hunting System

Primary Weapon used today
DOA Rockjacker Mentor Edition - Tier V - Amp Fi/Ra/Co Evil - Eco 2.77
Shots Available : 320 (115.20PED) - Maximum TT spent for run is ~141PED TT
Cost per shot : 44pec , Maximum Risk Loss per shot : 25pec
~15% less shots due to Average Ammo Loot (for people doing melee this does not apply to you)

hunting_log_5.jpg

Ok now gonna try some noob style hunting at risk Level 1, just to see if i can profit on Cyrene. (this is for the eco lovers)

Primary Weapon used
EWE EP-21 Defender Improved - No enhancers - Amp Omegaton A203 - Eco 2.98
Shots Available : 635 (57.15PED) - Maximum TT spent for run is ~ 72.40TT
Cost per shot : 11.4pec , Maximum Risk Loss per shot : 6.3pec
~15% less shots due to Average Ammo Loot (for people doing melee this does not apply to you)

ok..lets rock
hunting_log_6_259131.jpg

lets add enhancers..this is too slow lol

Primary Weapon used
EWE EP-21 Defender Improved - Tier III - Amp Omegaton A203 - Eco 2.97
Shots Available : 525 (59.85PED) - Maximum TT spent for run is ~ 72.58TT
Cost per shot : 13.82pec , Maximum Risk Loss per shot : 7.6pec

and on we go..
hunting_log_7_680500.jpg

will continue later on..happy hunting :)

Last edited:
Am I the only one who feels this way while trying to make sense of this?

JLyWL.jpg

In all seriousness, this seems interesting, but I might have to re-read it a few more times to figure out precisely what you're getting at.

Am I the only one who feels this way while trying to make sense of this?

JLyWL.jpg

In all seriousness, this seems interesting, but I might have to re-read it a few more times to figure out precisely what you're getting at.

No no, not at all :D I'm in that club also :p

No no, not at all :D I'm in that club also :p

me 3!

Neh I think I get it.... but can some1 confirm me that he is basicly looking at his setup, checks how much it costs to hunt with it and just hunt till he either hits his acceptable loss..

eq. i'll take 500 ped of ammo on me + rest of gear.. = 549 ( no correct value.. high level of guestimate )
And ill start hunting till i either reach 10%/20%/30%/etc.. loss or till full hunting cycle has been done, like I burned 500 ped of ammo?

LOL..ok thats funny

Let me explain in the most simplistic way I can

My hunting system is not based on how much you take on your hunt, Its all about managing your potential loss in your runs. Im very happy atm with the 'Block Hunting' strategy (refer to Part 6). I choose my setup for the run, under the block huntng strategy there are no peaks, its based on your risk level, atm im happy with a 40ped risk which on my Risk Management Scale is level 1. Ok im going to show you in steps how i setup my run with pictures, today ill use the Delta SGA Tier V + beast amp, at the moment im at +185.51 PED in TT after run 36. Ok lets show how I do it.

Step 1 : Go to Entropedia and Select Weapons and search for your setup.
step_1.jpg

a) Ok so the gun decay is ~8.7pec per shot (Beast Decay is ~2.37pec per shot)
The Ammo burn is 12.5pec per shot
Total Cost per shot is ~21.2pec
Eco at my skill level is at ~2.92 dmg/pec

b) Using my risk management system - At the moment set at 45%
My Total RISK per shot is 11.66pec (21.2 - 45% = 11.66)

c) Using my Block Hunting Strategy you decide how much you want to risk : I choose 40PED risk (so a nice safe level of risk)

d) Now I calculate my run cost 4000pec divide 11.66pec gives me 343.05 shots so ill just make it 340 shots to make it even.

e) So my maximum total cost for the run is ~72.08 PED (Ammo burn 42.50PED, Gun Decay ~21.52PED, Amp Decay ~8.05PED) for those that have broken guns , like i do haha

Therefore my settings are complete for the setup for today or when i decide to change.
Primary Weapon used
FreanD Delta BLP Pistol, SGA Edition - Tier V - Amp Fi/Ra/Co Beast - Eco 2.92
Max Shots Available : 340 (42.50PED) - Maximum TT spent for run is ~ 72.08TT
Cost per shot : 21.2pec , Maximum Risk Loss per shot : 11.66pec

Step 2 - Preparing for the run

a) go to the service area as below
step_2a.jpg

b) repair gun and amp (or melee weapon) at the required amounts (if you can fully repair it - do so and skip this part)
step_2b.jpg

c) purchase your ammo (not required for melee) at the required amounts (cause im using BLP ill take 5PED of secondary ammo with me to tag or use as finisher (Note : this system is not designed for finishers or taggers, so is not counted in the final total)
step_2c.jpg

Step 3 - Your Hunting Run

Now we have our setup its time to choose an area to hunt (Important Note : dont forget to attach your amp back to your gun , im sure everyone has at least done it 1 or more times in the past :)

Im choosing the Horned Whisker Fish lake on Planet Cyrene
step_3.jpg

Ok as you can see my ammo stacks (melee users can ignore this part) and the amount of shots left. Please note that once you fire your primary weapon of choice the ammo stack allocated to your weapon will BOND with your weapon therefore any looted ammo will become a seperate stack (On Cyrene there is no looted BLP ammo on any mobs so Cyrene BLP hunters can ignore the ammo stack/weapon bonding part)

Now ill go and hunt this run ..be back soon with the final part.

Step 4 - The Results
step_4.jpg

Ok now the run is finished - didnt take long

Very Nice Run indeed
*The top part is my TT food (stuff i dont want to storage)
*The bottom is the stuff i want to storage
*The middle part is how many shots i had left

The Spreadsheet is as follows
*First Field is the total cost of the run
*Second Field is the return of the run (minus 5PED for my secondary ammo)
*Third Field is Profit/Loss in this case a heathly profit of $16.10
*Forth Field is ammount of shots used in the run (max is 340)
*Fifth Field is the area hunted
*Sixth Field is the Risk Level (note you can set your own levels 10,20,30PED etc..)
*Seventh Field is the maximum amount of PED risked for that run, very rarely any run will go over this risk but it happens

Now that is how my runs work , after a few runs ..once you get into the groove you can be in and out of the tt within 2-3 minutes and out to your next run. now ive explained..any questions would be welcomed and now you will see the results as I hunt. This may work crafting and mining, once i get this system flowing ill try the other 2 professions..

good luck and good hunting ....

Agis:)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for explaining. I'm actually on track now with you. I was very confused at the OP with your inclusion of the peaks and things, but this recent post is more simplified and I can follow it.

So, in essence this is just a more refined risk management system that takes into account total decay + ammo costs. My question, just for arguments sake, is what benefit do you find this system has over what myself (and I assume many of us) do, and just say I am taking XXX Ped in ammo, and going to hunt YYY area/creature. I do see a benefit in your system being easier to track, and the fact you're putting the decay cost into the weapon/amp BEFORE hunting is somewhat more convenient for tracking accurate costs (doesn't work well for us (L) users unfortunately).

Either way, thanks for clarifying, and if I had a good UL weapon I might try this setup :)

ok, thnx Agis for a more clearer explaination. Might give this a shot as soon as i'm done mining, must be somewhere this week.

My question, just for arguments sake, is what benefit do you find this system has over what myself (and I assume many of us) do, and just say I am taking XXX Ped in ammo, and going to hunt YYY area/creature.

This has been my question as well.

As I read whole thread - it's all about stop-loss?

It does work with L weapons same with UL you just dont need to repair (unless you have UL amp). When i get some funds together ill try with some limited weapons too.

Dont do much hunting on the weekends.

Q: just for arguments sake, is what benefit do you find this system has over what myself (and I assume many of us) do, and just say I am taking XXX Ped in ammo, and going to hunt YYY area/creature?

A: When you take XXX ammo out there you have no idea how much the risk is, and you could easily waste so much more ped not using a risk management system, As the risk management system already calculates your worse case scenario hunt before its been started, also you get ammo loot which could make your run even worse and therefore use more decay burn on your gun , contributing to further losses looking at worse case scenarios..etc

Sum it up - you will always exceed your ped burn if using a gun on average you use 15% more decay and ammo without having risk management. If you pay attention to your 'bonded' ammo stack you could save alot of ped in the long term.

As we progress with results from the hunting system, using possibly many different combos. This is a long term project.

Over the past 4 days ive been experimenting with different gun combos, as below you will see the results, I swtiched between the imp21 tier III and the delta sga tier V, also ive started camping the same area (if the area is profiting until it looses) another little experiment , but still keeping within my 40PED risk budget per run.

hunting_log_8.jpg

Until i resume hunting more in the new week, good luck out there hunting

So far ive only run over my 40PED risk twice this whole campaign, so its working out pretty good atm

Subscribing to read this carefully later on. Seems very interesting, thank you for sharing.

hunting_log_9.jpg

Ok , ive been experimenting certain methods with the profit I had so now we are just in the red after 94 runs and 8000ped turnover for the 2nd campaign.

Notice the colors on the profit / loss side, thats a hint at the final part of the system..Part 7, tommorow we will conclude the system with the final part , more risk tommorow, maybe more reward though , we are even now so I have 1500ped still to lose lol.. But the final part will explain spawn behavior and why little runs are better than big ones. (even marginally bigger)

until then

happy hunting

Agis, I am certain that you are some sort of Einstein, but make it so that we can understand something:)

sorry been sick so the final phase will be delayed until im better, trying to get a few runs in yesterday but couldnt keep it up. See how i go today. Theres alot of info in part 7 and i need to explain it so everyone understands. Up to run 103 and only lost less than 15ped more at -34.71 still within my predicited returns.

until then happy huntnig

Ok folks here it is the Final Part of my system, this is the conclusion of my 5 Year study of how the system in my interpretation works.

Part 7 - Ultilizing the Risk Management System to get the best chance at Loot Return

a) In my thread i have been explaining the fundamentals with saving ped using my Hunting System, and thats its all based on Risk Management, in conclusion this will work with all 3 core professions (Hunting/Mining/Crafting), many people have based loot theories from using the wave system, in fact i agree with what some theorists and will use there information and interpret it in my opinion.

b) The Wave Effect - When to hunt and when to quit
In my opinion every different weapon combination, ore distribution and crafting QR and the slider has its own wave effect. Details as follows.

wave_table_1.jpg

* this table is based on the median average of a fully skilled efficient avatar using eco weapons or crafting on full quantity with QR BP of 100, mining without amps with eco setup.

Variations happens to the wave if buff up the costs or decide to risk more as follows
wave_table_2.jpg

As you see from the above table this is the projected outcome when extreme risks are used, you notice more chance to profit in little time , but on the other side of the coin you can hit those red areas pretty easily and also more black areas so chance after hiting rock bottom to profiting is minimal compared to the first table.

So in my interpretation loot works like a sine wave , if you use a crystal oscillator the higher you turn it up the more sine waves and the faster it gets, same works in Entropia with the loot system risk more cost spent in TT in the area (based on avatar activity) the faster the waves act, the lesser the avatar activity in the area is the slower and more chance to save ped, than wasting it. Eco setup is the key.

c) Multipliers (aka Peaks , Minis - Globals - HOFS - ATHS)

multipliers.jpg

Every Weapon Combo, Mining Combo, Slider % on BP has multipliers, Multipliers are seperate from average loot whereas average loot, eco plays its part, but with multipliers its all based on X amount of cost for the kill, probe, craft and multiply by X amount. Seems fair and square

However..

MA has a secret formula on multipliers for each item , this enables eg.. a level 13 amped miner is restricted on multiplier options compared to an unamped miner. This is also used on rare resources (eg. Redulite, Rugaritz, Kanerium), this is done to control the market and loot pool in Entropia, people thinking , I use a bigger gun i got chance of a bigger loot, can think again . Each setup in Entropia has its own multiplier options .. eg .. A 103 finder amped with OA-105 (now Level 8) on FOMA is restricted from getting certain loots as shown below
mining_multipliers.jpg

as you can see after many many loots . with a Level 8 amp you get only the following on FOMA (up to XX)

Ample IX
Sizable XI
Great XIV
Plentiful XVII
Massive XX

* NOTE : Tax on the land can effect the loot output and give a lower level find. It happened to me when a Plentiful was downgraded to a Substantial

multipliers_system_2.jpg

When it comes to multipliers the loot system awards X multiplier to that specific loot, however if your setup does not have that X multiplier that balances with the loot multiplier either a no resources found (mining) near success (crafting) and average loot (hunting) you will ONLY get awarded a multiplier loot if both multipliers (loot) and (item) multiplier balance. A noob weapon will have ALL multiplier options available (thats why noobs get lucky loot with cheap guns) anyone uses a TT finder unamped also will have all multiplier options available, multipliers can also be near successes on crafting high TT items or L bps.

*A Katushi Determination has alot more available multipliers than a Genesis Rainbow Sword
*A Dagger 3C has alot more multipliers available than a Genesis Prism of Destruction
*All L weapons have more multipliers available than there UL counterpart.
*The more cost of the weapons the lower the amount of multipliers available.
*The more you slide the bar in crafting the less multipliers available.
*Each amplifier or enhancer you add to your equipment modifies the multiplier amount this is where eco can play an important role in multipliers

The best way to increase your available multipliers is by using more cost effective setups , yes.. many uber weapons have good eco however.. MAs multiplier formula is based on cost in TT per use of the item, not the external results after loot window is activated. means on fresco an imp21 unamped (take ages to kill lol..) will have more multipliers than a mod merc with a204 amp.. also (has been tested lol - a dasplator with a mann mph has a hell of alot more multipliers than a foeripper Tier 5 with evil amplifier) but i think thats a bit extreme lol, but thats how this part of the loot system works.

d) Area Based Hunting (can be adapted to mining and crafting terminal areas)

The final part of understanding efficient hunting maximising your chance at finding good loot, is your work area.

Loot Pool is area based and not mob based after much study of dozens of different systems and setups over this 5 year period, the best way of hunting your run, is choosing your work area for the run. Loot maybe server based, sub server based or even spawn based. Every mob in that spawn is all part of that area.

Eg. Go to the spider LA W of Cayuze, notice that the bristlehog , itumatrox and the Spiders are bonded in that spawn means if there is no spiders within the vacinity and a bristlehog or itumatrox are around kill the itumatrox or bristlehog and im positive a spider will respawn, same if your down on big scips in the area and have annoying gradivores , kill the grads and im sure a scip will spawn nearby.

Now first things first before you hunt choose an area and mark a waypoint where you want to hunt. Important to note try concentrating your hunting within the area of that waypoint (dont rely on perception as it doesnt always work) where your waypoint is is your work area, until you hit a RED (explained below) run. I explained how to setup your run in detail on the previous page of the thread so all the info on your hunting setup using our Risk Management System is on that page.

After you have finished your run in your work area, lets work out whether to continue or not.
hunting_log_10.jpg

Now look at your wave table at the beginning of this post

*GREEN (keep hunting) - According to the wave effect loot is currently on the crest of going up or has reached the peak. Go back to your work area and keep hunting within that area (try not to go out of range)

*BLUE (keep hunting) - According to the wave effect either loot has hit its peak and is about to slide down (thats the risky part) or loot has started its acent up to a green level (thats why i recommend you keep hunting)

*RED (Advise Leaving the Area) - According to the wave effect loot is on the slide, I strongly advise you finish up and move to a different area , if the second area is RED as well (if you decide to hunt within the same server) I suggest leaving the server and try a different server.

*BLACK (keep hunting - risky but worth it) - Loot has hit rock bottom you have breached your maximum risk , depending on how long it will take to hit the blue or even green area, in most cases loot cant get any worse and can only mean going back up.

TIP : Note that the more expensive your setup is the less blue areas you will have and the more chance of hitting red is more likely , its recommended not to use enhancers in my opinion, it effects your multiplier options and it makes it harder to profit or break even. Look at my charts with enhancers in earlier posts , I may use enhancers again in the future but my bankroll cant cover for the red runs.

Run Results At 40PED risk
-------------
Green : 20.00+
Blue : -20.00 to 20.00
Red : -20.00 to -40.00
Black : -40.00+

TIP : Small runs are Better than Bigger Runs
* Why ? better chance at a nice respawn of mobs within your workspace.

anyway thats it - 5 years of research completed , i believe ive worked out everything i need to to continue playing entropia, this in no way guarantees profit but is a guide to using our Risk Management System to enable you to saving ped without relying too much on Markup (helps if you are on other worlds). Only spend what you can afford , if you cant afford a 40ped risk then do 20 or 10 (just make sure you can cover at least 20 mobs). Im always open for questions and your ideas, but this is it - all finished, bit dissapointed on the outcome cause i cant hunt they way i used too, but it was a learning experience, but its all about having fun as well as saving PED.

Good Luck and happy hunting

I will keep this log updated and hopefully this campaign continues on and on.

my motto is hunt blue , dont hunt red, green is best

Cheers:)
Agis

NB : Run 103 was a green run not a blue one as listed

Last edited:
Back