Just saw "entropia mining guide" banner at EntropiaLife.

Status

dr3w

Elite
Society
Mine To Extract
Eve Damsel Online
Mining guide? $27? Really?

Congratulations, PigBenis, 1st place in Hall of Shame.

Reactions: das
Well...id Dr3w teaches me how to profit mining I will give to him 25$:)

Hiring player to teach you mining and paying your profit for that time could cost even up to 1k PED so I don't see anything wrong with that offer for just 270 PED. I mean he really knows how to mine and also have a lot of educational streams and youtube videos about it.

To me this sounds like jealousy.

Why would anyone care if someone charged how to make profit?

He has put a lot of work into this, I am currently making my own resource maps etc and it takes a lot of time and ped.

Good idea i think.

Time is money.
Knowledge is money.

Why do it free?

I have my doubts about this too, but then im from europe and i hear we are all communists here. a large part of my enjoyment in entropia has been the "us vs. them" of the players figuring out MA's latest diabolical moves and sharing that information freely. But there are also a lot of players that dont share and keep that information to themselves. I might be a little biased because i "know" pigbenis from his youtube channel and live stream, were he does share information freely and answers questions about mining and gives advice including specific areas were to mine for what resource.
From what i understand pigbenis recently mapped "the whole universe" for this guide and includes a resource map/spreadsheet with average markup per area, if i were to do this for my own use im pretty sure i would lose more than the 270 ped he is asking for this. so while im not jumping with joy over this i do think its a bit different from the guy that was advertising in the services sub-forum trying to get 5K ped to show you where the niks was on RT.

To me this sounds like jealousy.

Why would anyone care if someone charged how to make profit?

He has put a lot of work into this, I am currently making my own resource maps etc and it takes a lot of time and ped.

Good idea i think.

Ofc I am jealous, since my excavator is small and I haven't PEDs for it's enlargement. (sadsmile.jpg)

I have my doubts about this too, but then im from europe and i hear we are all communists here. a large part of my enjoyment in entropia has been the "us vs. them" of the players figuring out MA's latest diabolical moves and sharing that information freely. But there are also a lot of players that dont share and keep that information to themselves. I might be a little biased because i "know" pigbenis from his youtube channel and live stream, were he does share information freely and answers questions about mining and gives advice including specific areas were to mine for what resource.
From what i understand pigbenis recently mapped "the whole universe" for this guide and includes a resource map/spreadsheet with average markup per area, if i were to do this for my own use im pretty sure i would lose more than the 270 ped he is asking for this. so while im not jumping with joy over this i do think its a bit different from the guy that was advertising in the services sub-forum trying to get 5K ped to show you where the niks was on RT.

Yeah, yeah - but somehow I doubt that his "mapping" have right resources for... well, for example - Corinth. Or Minopolis. Or Lootifer knows what place else, where MA changing ores/enmatts. And I doubt he will update his PDF regularly, since he simply can't be everywhere, and MA does updates "silently".

Selling "90% theories"? Nice one.

Damn, cmon - make now Entropia Hunting Guide, Entropia Crafting Guide - and sell this. Sell information. And selling "knowledge" which already available for free - is bullshit.

Well...id Dr3w teaches me how to profit mining I will give to him 25$:)

I helping many players, feel free to add me in game and ask anything, I not charging for information.

And you know, it's very hard to teach someone how to drop bombs. Really.

If someone wants to pay pig for this then so be it, it's his time i guess and he is a very clued up guy.

As long as he not taking ped and doing nothing, can't see anything wrong - he is so sure of his knowledge he hires other miners to mine for him and only asks a % of finds back.

Takes 2 people to make the deal, can't really see what the problem is.

I bet he knows how to get around supposed "respawn times" ;), ... there is no spoon, well it's not time based at least like people claim often.

Last edited:
You even know how much PigBenis profits? 270 ped isn't much compared to what you can earn if you follow him and learn to mine like him. :wise: If you don't think it's okay then simply don't buy his guide :rolleyes:

Time is money.
Knowledge is money.

Why do it free?

Time doesn't belongs to someone, so it's strange to charge for it.
I born in USSR, where education was free.

There is no USSR anymore, but I am still alive. And I will share my knowledge for free, since my knowledge is just small part of bigger one, and I can't imagine, how I can charge for something, what I got for free.

You even know how much PigBenis profits? 270 ped isn't much compared to what you can earn if you follow him and learn to mine like him. :wise: If you don't think it's okay then simply don't buy his guide :rolleyes:

Really? Ok, thanks for advice, will buy now.

There is no USSR anymore, but I am still alive. And I will share my knowledge for free, since my knowledge is just small part of bigger one, and I can't imagine, how I can charge for something, what I got for free.

i'll be good and not say anything that might seem to be in any way related to real life politics other than to say it feels good to share, in a way that money cant make you feel good :)

Well, the thing with this guide is that it cannot quarantee you succes:) So I'll pass

If everyone will profit after reading that guide then we will have no EU anymore

Also I cannot trust Benis that he shares all the knowlede or part of it or whatever

Basic rules I know for miself but don't really follow them all the time because it gets boring, I don;t want EU to feel like a job

i'll be good and not say anything that might seem to be in any way related to real life politics other than to say it feels good to share, in a way that money cant make you feel good :)

Yeah, actually my bad to go off rails to IRL stuff, - just my automatic reaction when people starting talk about "jealousy, time, money".

well, since i started watching his videos/ asking questions on his stream i went from 1200 ped negative to 500 ped positive mining (over 2 months)

so since im 50 bucks positive i most likely will buy the guide to see what other goodies are hidden in there, if it keeps the same track record i should remain a break even level miner and maybe actually make a withdrawal

all hail the nugget master

and i cant see you on entropia universe first page and i cant see you making giveaways :rolleyes:

and i cant see you on entropia universe first page and i cant see you making giveaways :rolleyes:

Agree, I will take 2nd place in Hall of Shame then.

Must you hate everything? All of your posts on this forum are full of negativity and arrogance which unfortunately breeds contempt for the other players and reflects entropia in a negative light. Something that the game does not need.

Yes Im selling a guide, which I had spent months making, hired other miners to resource and test areas that I mined. It not only includes resource guides for 3 planets, FOMA and HEll but gives you the average markup you may be able to attain provided you spend a period of time in that particular area.

It does not explain the 90% theory as you know it, in fact it says very little about it. My returns are average 90%, I tell you how i figure that out and how I mange it. If your returns are 70% it doesn't matter, the guide will still help.

This Guide and its resource sheets are primarily about Markup not some half baked theories as you suggested.

I am not forcing anyone to buy it, If you want it fine if not then don't buy it. Its called options.

Your teacher was still paid.
Your education was not free, someone else (tax payers) payed for it, on your behalf. You just got a freeroll.

Since taxes won't pay Pigbenis to teach, he must charge the student, like private tuition.

How is it possible that you don't understand this? Although I do think you're self-adulating, I still considered you at least relatively intelligent.

Yes Im selling a guide, which I had spent months making, hired other miners to resource and test areas that I mined. It not only includes resource guides for 3 planets, FOMA and HEll but gives you the average markup you may be able to attain provided you spend a period of time in that particular area.

So Pig....should I understand that if I buy your guide and do the things those hired miners did in your previously mined areas I will profit ...like maybe those guys did? I's bullet proof?:)

Must you hate everything? All of your posts on this forum are full of negativity and arrogance which unfortunately breeds contempt for the other players and reflects entropia in a negative light. Something that the game does not need.

Really? STF.. oh. I mean, you're not right. It's your perception, actually. And it's not you, who decide - what need that game and what I did for that game especially.

You selling well-known information, which is available not even on PCF only, in many other places. Average markup? You spent months for create this piece of art, and avg MU did change drastically in that period, almost each month. And still changes. Which period guide covers? Will you check constantly all rebalance updates, will you update your guide? When new BPs will be released, will you update your guide accordingly?

It does not explain the 90% theory as you know it, in fact it says very little about it. My returns are average 90%, I tell you how i figure that out and how I mange it. If your returns are 70% it doesn't matter, the guide will still help.

This Guide and its resource sheets are primarily about Markup not some half baked theories as you suggested.

I am not forcing anyone to buy it, If you want it fine if not then don't buy it. Its called options.

Options? Yeah, I like options. You was very fast to disable comments and rating to video, seems you doesn't like options.

Really? STF.. oh. I mean, you're not right. It's your perception, actually. And it's not you, who decide - what need that game and what I did for that game especially.

You selling well-known information, which is available not even on PCF only, in many other places. Average markup? You spent months for create this piece of art, and avg MU did change drastically in that period, almost each month. And still changes. Which period guide covers? Will you check constantly all rebalance updates, will you update your guide? When new BPs will be released, will you update your guide accordingly?

Options? Yeah, I like options. You was very fast to disable comments and rating to video, seems you doesn't like options.

So you come out and announce your dislike for Pigbenis so you can start trolling him?
GTFOH!

So Pig....should I understand that if I buy your guide and do the things those hired miners did in your previously mined areas I will profit ...like maybe those guys did? I's bullet proof?:)

As I mentioned in the Video Its not a profit guide, its an informational guide that can help you see potential areas markup. its not bullet proof nor did I mention anywhere that it is bullet proof.

How is it possible that you don't understand this? Although I do think you're self-adulating, I still considered you at least relatively intelligent.

Yes, I am not complete idiot, just some parts missing.

Youtube videos, free giveaways and he is paying for google adds. I think PigBenis is doing great job promoting Entropia Universe. :wtg: May be more than MindArk :laugh:
So what if he is making some money.

Reactions: Pig
i still think this guide is worth it if i had the peds because if you go for example to gamestop yoyu will find 6-7 different guides and they cost around 30 bucks and if pig has done this guide in this case took months to make i think he deserves that small payment for all the work that he has done

Status
Back