Chat with us on Entropia Life

Starfinder

Elite
Society
Planet Express
Ms. Kazzza 'Starfinder' Milla
I just finished up a "beta version" (read: 15 min programming job) of a chat we want to have on Entropia Life.
As with everything else on the site - it is custom programming, nothing is downloaded/installed on the server...

Come join us if you wanna check it out... :)

www.entropialife.com .. from the front page, you have "Site Chat" in the left hand side menu. :)

I love Entropia Life for the simple side of it. The tracking.

But I think you might be working for MA as nothing works/ Realse before wide range of testing :p

But I think you might be working for MA as nothing works/ Realse before wide range of testing :p

He clearly said beta test

Did MA ever say so? :p

I love what Starfinder is doing, keep it up...

Nothing works.. thats a kinda bold statement...

I take it then that:
- Hunting live list
- Find mobs
- Top hunters
- HoF list
- Uber Checker
- Uber Pattern
- Uber Matrix
- Analyze Loot
- Loot Size
- View Mob
- Per Capita globals
- Popular Mobs
- global Map
- Mining Live List
- Find Mineral
- top Miners
- Mining HoF list
- View Mineral
- Mineral Composition
- Mining Uber checker
- Mining Per capita globals
- Mining Land Areas
- Mineral Map
- Mineral Area Map
- Mineral Global Map
- Crafting Live List
- Crafting View Item
- Create Event
- See Event
- Join Event
- Event Scoreboards
- Running Events
- Upcoming Events
- Recently Finished Events
- My Page
- My Globals
- Notifications
- Mail system
- Site Apps
- Site App developer
- Social
- Soc
- Group system
- Friend System
- Donation System
- Shop system
- Settings
- App Settings
- Site Settings
- Account Settings
- Signature System
- Help System
- FAQ system
- Support system
- Search Avatars
- Entire Administration System
- Signature Updater scheduler
- Client logging of globals
- Advertisement System
- Client sending in global locations
- Client screenshots
- Online Friends System

... and about 200 more systems/pages on the site/client (not to mention databases) currently isent working?

If you are referring to the one system I know you are having issues with.
It is tested in: IE9, FireFox, Opera and Chrome.
It works in all of those systems on 4 different computers.

I take it then that:
(...)
- Mineral Map
- Mineral Area Map
- Mineral Global Map
(...)
- Social
- Soc
(...)

i have not been using EL or ET very extensively, so apologies if this is an user error from my side, but the "systems" quoted above are not working for me. i tried to create a soc, and it did not work... i try to display a mining resource on the map, and i _always_ get an empty map :scratch2: (using firefox fwiw).

so, yes, the statement above might be a little bit bold, but i guess that the intention was "maybe it's better to fix some of the very basic bugs before moving on..." :yup:

i have not been using EL or ET very extensively, so apologies if this is an user error from my side, but the "systems" quoted above are not working for me. i tried to create a soc, and it did not work... i try to display a mining resource on the map, and i _always_ get an empty map :scratch2: (using firefox fwiw).

so, yes, the statement above might be a little bit bold, but i guess that the intention was "maybe it's better to fix some of the very basic bugs before moving on..." :yup:

I think the "maps" thing is a misunderstanding.
I thought they dident work - as in "500 internal server error".
The reason for you not being able to "see anything" on the maps is the way the data is secured.
A lot of people, me included, do not want to share my mining locations (especially) with everyone. Therefore I have set my location privacy to "Friends + Soc". So the map software is only using my coordinates on "your map" if we are friends.

Try to "friend me" on the site, and see if you can see you use the maps then.
The only map that should work, is the "mineral area" map, as that uses "clusters of points" instead of single points.

If you have issues, I would like you to add me on skype.. then I can share my screen and you can tell me where the issue is.
(skype nick: kasperwittrup)

The Above shows why Starfinder is such a nice person. Not taking offence at some criticism but immediately trying to get to work together to find the problem.

Now that is a very, very nice state of mind.

I take it then that:
- Hunting live list
- Find mobs
- Top hunters
- HoF list
- Uber Checker
- Uber Pattern
- Uber Matrix
- Analyze Loot
- Loot Size
- View Mob
- Per Capita globals
- Popular Mobs
- global Map
- Mining Live List
- Find Mineral
- top Miners
- Mining HoF list
- View Mineral
- Mineral Composition
- Mining Uber checker
- Mining Per capita globals
- Mining Land Areas
- Mineral Map
- Mineral Area Map
- Mineral Global Map
- Crafting Live List
- Crafting View Item
- Create Event
- See Event
- Join Event
- Event Scoreboards
- Running Events
- Upcoming Events
- Recently Finished Events
- My Page
- My Globals
- Notifications
- Mail system
- Site Apps
- Site App developer
- Social
- Soc
- Group system
- Friend System
- Donation System
- Shop system
- Settings
- App Settings
- Site Settings
- Account Settings
- Signature System
- Help System
- FAQ system
- Support system
- Search Avatars
- Entire Administration System
- Signature Updater scheduler
- Client logging of globals
- Advertisement System
- Client sending in global locations
- Client screenshots
- Online Friends System

... and about 200 more systems/pages on the site/client (not to mention databases) currently isent working?

If you are referring to the one system I know you are having issues with.
It is tested in: IE9, FireFox, Opera and Chrome.
It works in all of those systems on 4 different computers.

Please see above. Tracking.

Oh.. btw.. if you wanna see how it looks:

chat.png

Why do I want tracker chat? Why would I want to use it?
I’ve got in game FL, in game chat, soc chat, team chat. I struggle to see benefits of tracker chat outside of the game. How many levels of communication do we need.

I liked the original ‘entropia tracker’ that provided three key free lists: Personal global list, personal highest loot list and favourite mob list. The site even made a few dollars I guess from LA advertising which was in my opinion a pay-back to starfinder for his efforts making the site. All ok with that...good stuff and gratz.

However I personally feel it has gone a little too far now, almost a “wannabe facebook”, where is this all heading? Has it lost the original core values, and the community spirit that made it popular.

Since starfinder turned off favourite mob list to non-subscribers/ those not running the software, I feel this has moved from something the community felt they contributed too for the benefit of all, to a full on commercial venture. I do not feel comfortable contributing towards that.

I am all for talented programmers, building stuff to help the community but I find my interest waning.

I’m sure starfinder will throw all kinds of defence against my post. The fact is by turning off favourite mobs list, he has made his intentions very clear, this is about money now (commercial gain), what it can deliver to the community has now be demoted to second place.

I’m fast losing interest with it. I’m sure starfinder will push on with his commercial venture, or maybe he might decided to switch favourite mob lists back on, to get the community back on his side. I doubt it though these people always seem to know better.

Go on use his chat if you think you need too, it all adds to the traffic count on his site, that will help him flog it for more cash. You think this site is about helping the community...wake up, not anymore.

Rick.

Why do I want tracker chat? Why would I want to use it?
I’ve got in game FL, in game chat, soc chat, team chat. I struggle to see benefits of tracker chat outside of the game. How many levels of communication do we need.
Old timers will remember a little something called "IRC" where we all hung out when we were playing.. or.. well.. just "whenever".
This is just an attempt at getting something like that going again.
If you dont like it, no one is forcing you to use the chat (or the site for that matter).

The site even made a few dollars I guess from LA advertising which was in my opinion a pay-back to starfinder for his efforts making the site. All ok with that...good stuff and gratz.
Advertisement income was about 20-80 USD/month .. server costs alone = 100 USD/month.. you do the math..

However I personally feel it has gone a little too far now, almost a “wannabe facebook”, where is this all heading? Has it lost the original core values, and the community spirit that made it popular.
That could be one way of looking at it. Another way is to say "Why do I need to go to 129237 different sites to "cover everything Entropia Universe - why not, now that I have the resources to make it.. Create one site that contains everything Entropia Universe..? :)

Since starfinder turned off favourite mob list to non-subscribers/ those not running the software, I feel this has moved from something the community felt they contributed too for the benefit of all, to a full on commercial venture. I do not feel comfortable contributing towards that.
I understand that you would like to get the elements you want, without helping the community in any way (runnign the Entropia Tracker Client), that is fine and I respect your decision on the matter. I could even also understand what you were saying if I made it so that even by running the client you would no longer get the "favourite mobs" thing. But fact of the matter is, as I have said numerous times, I want people to run the client. To begin with I offered a lot of features for free - hoping (how silly) that the community would run the Entropia Tracker Client "out of their own free will". This resulted in about 90% coverage - at best. With the new system, that offers benefits to the people running the Entropia Tracker client we have seen a tenfold increase of online clients, and as a result - much better coverage. You tell me if it was the wrong decision. What is the point of a site where everything is free - if there is no data there.

I’m sure starfinder will throw all kinds of defence against my post. The fact is by turning off favourite mobs list, he has made his intentions very clear, this is about money now (commercial gain), what it can deliver to the community has now be demoted to second place.
Indeed. Its all for financial gains.. Ohh wait.. you can get full free access by simply running the client.
Also, if you can convince the computer hardware stores to give me free servers, my ISP to host my line for free and all the other expenses that I personally cover each and every month .. then sure.. ill provide everything for free. (Which I again, already do if you simply run the client)

I’m fast losing interest with it. I’m sure starfinder will push on with his commercial venture, or maybe he might decided to switch favourite mob lists back on, to get the community back on his side. I doubt it though these people always seem to know better.
It. Is. Free. Already! - run the client. Help the community. Why are you attacking me for not wanting to help the community when it in fact is you who do not want to help the community? I feel like you just "want and want" without wanting to do a simple such thing as to install the Entropia Tracker client!

Go on use his chat if you think you need too, it all adds to the traffic count on his site, that will help him flog it for more cash. You think this site is about helping the community...wake up, not anymore.
LOL.. Traffic!= increased revenue. If you even bothered to think for a second before posting you would figure out that the advertisment we have on the site is not traffic dependent. The ads costs 5 USD / week, regardless of traffic!

*sigh*...

Advertisement income was about 20-80 USD/month .. server costs alone = 100 USD/month.. you do the math..

If someone can sell PDFs for 27 bucks - why you can't put simple banners (google ads) for such effort?

Hell, I better will look at boobs than at ugly "entropia mining guide" pic.

If someone can sell PDFs for 27 bucks - why you can't put simple banners (google ads) for such effort?

Hell, I better will look at boobs than at ugly "entropia mining guide" pic.

Google ads requiere google to scan the pages to be able to see "what is on the pages" so it can create ads that "fits" the pages.

There is two issues with google ads and Entropia Life.
First is that the entire site is behind a user system. I would have to make it so that google would have a "backdoor" into the system. This is likely possible, if I knew which IP's / browser agents google uses.

The second - and more important issue - is that the site does not cater to regular google ads. I have tried to have google ads on the very very first (in 2008) version of the site. But all google would deliver of ads were "gold brokers" ads. And in the few months it was on the site.. I got about 2 USD in income from clicks on those ads... so.. Thats the issue with "real life advertisement systems". :)

Google ads requiere google to scan the pages to be able to see "what is on the pages" so it can create ads that "fits" the pages.

There is two issues with google ads and Entropia Life.
First is that the entire site is behind a user system. I would have to make it so that google would have a "backdoor" into the system. This is likely possible, if I knew which IP's / browser agents google uses.

The second - and more important issue - is that the site does not cater to regular google ads. I have tried to have google ads on the very very first (in 2008) version of the site. But all google would deliver of ads were "gold brokers" ads. And in the few months it was on the site.. I got about 2 USD in income from clicks on those ads... so.. Thats the issue with "real life advertisement systems". :)

You still can put boobs.

!

I’m not attacking you Starfinder, I am merely providing an opinion how a player looking in views your current offering. Your old tracker was well received, easy to use and liked by all that used it. I said that in my first post.

Can you attempt to put emotions aside and view what I’m saying objectively. Sometimes it’s good to look in, rather than look out. I’m not surprised you got defensive I kind of knew you would.

You say you turned people off viewing “fav mobs” in effect forcing them to either run the client or pay for access. I think that backwards approach was a mistake, it gives the perception that you have another agenda....plain and simple as that. You can’t act God then blame some of the community for not wanting to following your ideology. Don’t you see that? It gets people backs up.

I made a choice not to run any other software on a new PC I bought, other than EU and Norton. If that means not as much access as before to Entropia Life then fine. I made my choice, and therefore I don’t log into your site as much as before. Hey-ho I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

Maybe the wider issue here is that you are taking your tracker software in a new direction beyond its original purpose, some will like that, some will not, don’t take it personally.

I get requests in game to chat to people of MSN, I say to them why do I want to do that? Why do I want to leave the game “where I want to be” and chat in other programme, sorry Starfinder, maybe I’m getting to old and miss the entire point.

Good luck with your software, it is your hobby.

Rick

Can you attempt to put emotions aside and view what I’m saying objectively. Sometimes it’s good to look in, rather than look out. I’m not surprised you got defensive I kind of knew you would.
Well. If you would put aside emotions as well, then here's the facts.
On the old site, we had about 15-20 people online at any given time.
On the new site - we have +50 at all times.

On the old site we had about 3-5 daily sign up's
On the new site we have 3-20 sign up's.

On the old site we had at peak 120'ish clients online.
On the new site the max is 251 clients online.
(Average online clients is 140-160 - more than max of the old site)

Objectively speaking, thats the "only measure points" we have. And all of them points towards the fact that the system is used more now.

You say you turned people off viewing “fav mobs” in effect forcing them to either run the client or pay for access.

I think that backwards approach was a mistake, it gives the perception that you have another agenda....plain and simple as that. You can’t act God then blame some of the community for not wanting to following your ideology. Don’t you see that? It gets people backs up.

Two part answer.
I have explained why the - lets call them advanced features - of a profile view is "locked". It is because I have tried making it "open to everyone" since it was something people wanted. But, in search of getting more clients online, I had to make some benefits of running the client. This was an area that was selected as a good point for getting people to run the client.
Secondly, you should be able to view your own fav. mobs - as explained in the PM i sent you, it was a simple bug that prevented you from viewing your own fav mobs. You can still not view other people fav mobs without running the client, or purchasing access.

Generally I find it kinda sad that not just you Rick, but everyone (more or less) that has issues with the site attack me/"the site"/whatever saying Im greedy, instead of just asking "how come this is as it is now - is it a bug?". It shows pretty clear your distrust in me or the site, which i think is sad considering I have been working on it for 4 years now, trying to improve it and extend it every single day... And, even if I want to make a few PEDs from the site - what is the big deal? If you do not like the site, you can simply as you so well put it - Stop use it.... ....

:(

Maybe the wider issue here is that you are taking your tracker software in a new direction beyond its original purpose...

The purpose of the tracker software has remained unchanged; to track globals / hofs. You seem to be lamenting that the value-added features Starfinder is including on EL have somehow infringed on the simplicity you enjoyed with the less feature-rich, older version of ET.

Conjecturing that Starfinder's motivation for these value added services is purely financial is in fact a personal attack by definition. Hiding behind "it's just my opinion" is bit of a cop-out.

BTW, the chat feature looks interesting.

Generally I find it kinda sad that not just you Rick, but everyone (more or less) that has issues with the site attack me/"the site"/whatever saying Im greedy, instead of just asking "how come this is as it is now - is it a bug?". It shows pretty clear your distrust in me or the site, which i think is sad considering I have been working on it for 4 years now, trying to improve it and extend it every single day... And, even if I want to make a few PEDs from the site - what is the big deal? If you do not like the site, you can simply as you so well put it - Stop use it.... ....

:(

I must admit starfinder life makes people cynical, there is generally another agenda when pushing a product out to the public. When you get stopped in the street and asked if you're having a nice day, the next thing they want is your credit card details. It's life, and not personal.

I would say everyone appreciates the time and effort you have put into your tracker over the years, it's admirable in many ways and I applaud your efforts. I would hope at the very least that in future any advertising covers at least your costs, that would only be fair.

If I'm honest, I'm not quite sure a bug fix is just a retraction of original intentions, but lets not argue about it. What happened has happened and if fixed then that's great.

I guess after further thought on the whole thing, something new always takes time for people to appreciate, you wrote it, you "get-it", maybe it's just taking me longer to understand what you are trying to achieve. I don't get the chat thing, but then I closed my facebook page after a year, becasue I didn't trust the buggers.

Good to see your results, I'm happy for you.

And hey...try and read the positives in posts rather than just focus on the negatives, it will be good for your soul. Blimey if I didn't have a thick skin a work, I would've been out of the city rat race years ago.

Chin up it's the weekend.

Rick

And hey...try and read the positives in posts rather than just focus on the negatives, it will be good for your soul. Blimey if I didn't have a thick skin a work, I would've been out of the city rat race years ago.

Rick

Ehh....try going up to your girlfriend and saying, "You know you have beautiful hair even though you are overweight." and then try to use that "try and read the positives in my comment" and see how far that gets you :)

Just slathering in a few compliments doesn't change the real statement you make about Starfinder and his suspicious motives. The guy works his ass off to produce a great product for the community, he just wants people to make a little effort and help make the product better by running the client. If now he has to "bribe" people a bit to get them to run it so they get some extra features FOR FREE....that's not his fault, it's the community for not stepping up and doing it without the bribe. He's just doing what he needs to ensure the product he is providing is the best it can be by having complete coverage.

I'll be the first to admit that I grumbled to myself and even a soc mate or two when EL first came on line. Most people, including me, don't like change. It's unsettling. But after using the site for a day or two I figured out how to get to the old features that I always used to use and now use EL almost exactly as I used to use the old site. If you don't like or need the extra bells and whistles, just ignore them.

No big conspriacy...no major shift in philosophy...just adding a few more features and doing what he needs to get more people to run the client.

Thanks for all the effort Starfinder :)

The purpose of the tracker software has remained unchanged; to track globals / hofs. You seem to be lamenting that the value-added features Starfinder is including on EL have somehow infringed on the simplicity you enjoyed with the less feature-rich, older version of ET.

Conjecturing that Starfinder's motivation for these value added services is purely financial is in fact a personal attack by definition. Hiding behind "it's just my opinion" is bit of a cop-out.

BTW, the chat feature looks interesting.

It's "my opinion" that you have failed miserably to understand anything I tried to write. In fact it could be viewed as insulting that you think EL has not changed fundementally at all. The entire layout is heading towards a social media environment, with tracking becoming a secondary feature added feature.

All entire posts regarding this subject, focused on two main issues

1) Fav mobs was turned off. Starfinder says this was a bug and it's now turned on (if it was a bug, or a retraction is conjecture, who cares anyway)

2) I don't get the chat feature, thats my personal opinion. hey-ho, I'm entitled to air my view if I prefer coke or pepsi...no?

Your post is defensive without little thought on the issues I raised, you try to be clever but in fact you make little sense. Would you prefer I said it was "your opinion" or "someone eles's opinion"?....stating it was my opinion and my opinion only is a clear definition...that is most definately "my" choice of views.

Maybe starfinders ultimate intention is to turn his software into a commercial venture, screw down free access as it develops, only he knows that. Maybe he does have aspirations of being Mr Facebook no2, after turning his site into a social media site. Who knows. I prefered it as a database rather than heading towards social media, that's my opinion. Starfinder says he gets more hits on his new site, then good for him.

I go back to my two points I rasied above, that was why I originally posted and "you" missed it.

Anyhow I come to PCF less and less. Everyone is touchy as hell, serious debate is difficult.

hof-it-up, enough of forum.

Rick

Ehh....try going up to your girlfriend and saying, "You know you have beautiful hair even though you are overweight."

that gets you laid :)

wisdom is a funny thing...LOL

EDIT: Removed irrelevant quote

And by the way...what "positivies" do you want him to read? Dude....go back and re-read your original post with an open mind. There is NOTHING positive in there except for maybe the "I like the old Tracker" comment, but that really is there basically to just say EL isn't as good. You imply....excuse me, imply is wrong, you come out and say, repeatedly, that Starfinder is making changes so he can have some financial gain and that he no longer is doing this for the community. Read your last line of the post FFS?!?!

The whole post is downright insulting. So what if he is adding facebook-like features. If anything that has the potential to create more of a community feel by providing some social media features into the tracker basic core.

P.S. Back on topic...

Starfinder, I don't really have any need for the chat feature either, but good luck with it and hope it brings more interest to the site.

EDIT: Removed irrelevant quote

And by the way...what "positivies" do you want him to read? Dude....go back and re-read your original post with an open mind. There is NOTHING positive in there except for maybe the "I like the old Tracker" comment, but that really is there basically to just say EL isn't as good. You imply....excuse me, imply is wrong, you come out and say, repeatedly, that Starfinder is making changes so he can have some financial gain and that he no longer is doing this for the community. Read your last line of the post FFS?!?!

The whole post is downright insulting. So what if he is adding facebook-like features. If anything that has the potential to create more of a community feel by providing some social media features into the tracker basic core.

P.S. Back on topic...

Starfinder, I don't really have any need for the chat feature either, but good luck with it and hope it brings more interest to the site.

Well you are from the states, and probably need see see a shrink, if you realised you left the house without combing your hair. What can I say it's the "friends" generation, everyone must be a winner, and any opinion other than "I love everything you do", but be disregarded.

Thank God I'm british.

I was not rude or insulting,..I was to you "possibly" but you did dig your own hole.

Well you are from the states, and probably need see see a shrink, if you realised you left the house without combing your hair. What can I say it's the "friends" generation, everyone must be a winner, and any opinion other than "I love everything you do", but be disregarded.

Thank God I'm british.

I was not rude or insulting,..I was to you "possibly" but you did dig your own hole.

LOL, well if you want to base your opinion of the US on what you see in the movies and on Entertainment Tonight, maybe you would be right, but 99.9% don't live in Hollywood. In any case this conversation is pointless if you can't see how you weren't insulting to accuse someone who has spent 4 years giving to the community of now only having selfish commercial gains in his heart...clearly you must be high as a kite. Don't drink/smoke and post would be my suggestion to you :)

Moving on...

LOL, well if you want to base your opinion of the US on what you see in the movies and on Entertainment Tonight, maybe you would be right, but 99.9% don't live in Hollywood. In any case this conversation is pointless if you can't see how you weren't insulting to accuse someone who has spent 4 years giving to the community of now only having selfish commercial gains in his heart...clearly you must be high as a kite. Don't drink/smoke and post would be my suggestion to you :)

Moving on...

LOL....to be fair there's a lot of US folks in my soc, and they some of the best gents I've ever met. Some true hard nut bikers too.

I'll tell you what I say this then "starfinder; if you found anything I said offensive I apoligise that was not my intention"

ok; can we stop bitching at each other, I need to log on and get some hunting done.

Good day :)

Rick

ps: Dont do drugs

Here's the "big game plan". :)
Entropia Tracker in its previous version was a "pure tracker" site. Hence the name.
After a few years, the site had got about 15000 users. It was a good community site.

However, the site was also sluggish - load times up to 5-10 seconds per page was not uncommon.

Technically, I wanted to update the programming language of the website from ASP (Visual Basic), to ASPX (C#).
Furthermore the monthly price for the server setup was too expensive compared to the income of the site.
Thus, I bought a server my self, various server programs (database and so on).
The monthly server expenses was then just about cut in half.

At this point in time "BIG industries" came in and said they would like to get more involved with the site - bascially because they use the event system quite a lot, and half of them are soc m8's of mine.

So, speaking with them on skype we brainstormed a lot of ideas for the new site.
And the notion came up "Why not make a site that contains EVERYTHING you need for Entropia Universe?".

As an extension of this idea we thought which "base platform" would suit such a system the best possible way considering the possibilities we wanted on the site. The answer we came up with "Lets try to make a platform that is a cross between Facebook, G+ and Twitter".

Thus we have created a platform that allows for "non traditional entropia tracker" elements to be included on the website.
But then we also thought "Since the site is no longer just a tracker site - what should we call it".
A lot of names was discussed - but since the site would be "your entire Entropia Universe Life", we just decided on "Entropia Life".

Also, keeping in the theme of the site (social network site) as well as us knowing that we can never create everything people want, then we have created two ways of other developers can use our data on their own systems.

This is especially good if you, like some, want "feature X", but do not want to help the community by running the Entropia Tracker Client. Now you can create your own website/"website app" if you want certain functionality. (If you can not code your elf, im sure you can google freelance programmers - then you can provide the feature free of charge to the community)

The reason for us to provide interfaces to the data of the system is that if you use the "app service" you can create an "app" (lik you know from facebook) where the app is embedded on the site. Thus, from day 1 your app has about 18K users...

http://entropialife.com/webservices/appservice.asmx

If you want the data from Entropia Life on your very own website - www.some-random-site-about-eu.com .. then you can use our API service.

http://entropialife.com/webservices/apiservice.asmx

(Those two services are under HEAVY development atm - and lack A LOT of functionality)

And thats one of the main paths we want to take the site.
We - as in me + BIG industries provide basic functionality (we consider the current array of functions on the site as basic). But, we also offer those two ways of interacting with the system, so other programmers can create their own "extensions/apps" for the site .. or even create their own website using data from Entropia Life.

We see our role as 40% service provide, 60% service developer.

So, now you see the chat on the site. Thats also part of the community feel. I have been sitting there all day, where people have been popping in to say hi, and more than once people have said "Oh, now I know where to go to when I cant play EU" (read:at work.. lol)

Also keeping in line with the idea of "one site for all of Entropia Universe" we are also making a forum module, a wiki system and so on. And instead of the "off the shelf + new skin" systems that are used everywhere else - we create everything from scratch, meaning we can tailor it EXACTLY to our needs.

Take a look at the mob pages now for instance. Now those pages also contains mob description and mob images. Soon there will also be loot tables (what the mob drops). That we can then tie into our "Auction tracker" to see which mobs, based on items dropped/frequency + sellable markup of those items, are the best to hunt today. All to enhance the site, and all of this data will be available through our two services other programmers can use.

Just to give an idea of the "spread" those "site apps" can take, I am currently making a game... yes game.. using the data on the site.. Check it out under "Site apps". Its called "Market Master".

So yes, we want this to be facebook .... for your avatar..

I think your latest post deserves an entirely new post Starfinder. So maybe you should copy it to a new post?

If anything good has come out of this whole debate, it's a great explaination of your work. so big thank you for that.

May your future be bright, you're a very talented guy

Good luck with it.

Rick

I was born in the calculator generation :laugh:

Back