Mid to top end Armour and weapon prices

Old school prices will continue to drop because of other (newer, better or cheaper) options.
That combined with new planet partners who don't care much about balancing or make mistakes.
the philosopher,hero,archon swords gave people a different perspective about the price of unl sib. New stuff that got released after those weapons didn't have as high markup as was to be expected (baringer, sir, raw, all aakas swords and daggers)

yesterday a nano katana ul was crafted. It used to be the holy grail of melee longblades. I was like wow! wtf! cool! Then I checked entropedia.. and my tier I shagadi sword is already outperforming it in terms of dps and I got that one for 1 CLD. the katana has slightly better eco and more tt on it, but other than that.. the nano katana is not the exceptional choice it once was.

Bear/boar/jaguar/phantom armour for 5-10k ? why would you when you can wear the almost tt-food jarhead.
Other than being more eco and doing some special protection I see no reason why you would pay the price.. there are other options. If you want the cold the liakon outperforms bear/boar. for robots get a mah'ketta set and outperform all of the above. and with the create armor set, you can simply swap between sets.

Angel? What if Dune rider starts dropping more frequently? Dune rider also has decent bot protection..

In the low segment the opalo sga and the masher01 ul were around the only affordable options to do a little bit more uL sib damage than the tt weapons, but now we have the cap-tt r, the ancient red scorpion , the beavis fire fire, xent tech light rifle, etc etc etc.

The big question is, what happens when MA introduce a 'mutated aurli bone' system for armours and weapons?

Old school prices will continue to drop because of other (newer, better or cheaper) options.
That combined with new planet partners who don't care much about balancing or make mistakes.
the philosopher,hero,archon swords gave people a different perspective about the price of unl sib. New stuff that got released after those weapons didn't have as high markup as was to be expected (baringer, sir, raw, all aakas swords and daggers)

yesterday a nano katana ul was crafted. It used to be the holy grail of melee longblades. I was like wow! wtf! cool! Then I checked entropedia.. and my tier I shagadi sword is already outperforming it in terms of dps and I got that one for 1 CLD. the katana has slightly better eco and more tt on it, but other than that.. the nano katana is not the exceptional choice it once was.

Bear/boar/jaguar/phantom armour for 5-10k ? why would you when you can wear the almost tt-food jarhead.
Other than being more eco and doing some special protection I see no reason why you would pay the price.. there are other options. If you want the cold the liakon outperforms bear/boar. for robots get a mah'ketta set and outperform all of the above. and with the create armor set, you can simply swap between sets.

Angel? What if Dune rider starts dropping more frequently? Dune rider also has decent bot protection..

In the low segment the opalo sga and the masher01 ul were around the only affordable options to do a little bit more uL sib damage than the tt weapons, but now we have the cap-tt r, the ancient red scorpion , the beavis fire fire, xent tech light rifle, etc etc etc.

The big question is, what happens when MA introduce a 'mutated aurli bone' system for armours and weapons?

This is the problem, how do MA convince the player base that it is in their interests to invest in high level items. Planet competition has had the effect it promised, and personally I feel MA are grateful for any business coming through their doors right now, so I doubt any restrictions are likely to be imposed.

So get ready for every planet to "out-do" the other, will have to ramp up the mobs more to compensate again soon.

However the downside is all those players that did invest big in any item and lost considerable amount of money, will NEVER do it again at such levels.....so that's most of the player base then.

Only cheap and cheerful will do.

New items might be pulling off production line like never before, but this will only continue to promote fear and mistrust and ever more confusion.

If I was a newbie now, I'd be looking at auction saying WTF do I buy!!!!!!!!!!

It is now a different lower value quality game, and that is why MA has to be very careful, else players will ask themseleves to justify the same costs for a what essentially offers lower level opportunities (no matter how good the graphics are).

It's only fair to state what you see no matter how obvious. It's even good to get a prospective from outside looking in. I wonder if MA see the same issues in the same light.

Interesting times aheads.

Now bring on that damn moon, for something different to try.....lol

Rick

edit: there is an easy fix of course. "Planet items to only be used on those planets". Now that would take a brave person indeed, as the horse already bolted years ago and the horse would not be happy.

But hey...how else are you going to get control over the situation.

Last edited:
people are sick, price go up, they cry they can affroid, price go down they cry the sky is falling

I think MA whats more "nice" iteams availble for mid level hunters, most of the UL iteams are for low-mid level ppl and they even drom from medium mobs, they want make this game more availble for them.
Befor the ppl who invest lots of peds was able to grind bigger mobs at low cost and they were the one who was putting MU price at some good iteams. The MU was to high and now we see correction of it to some more reasonable level.

And one more thing about one planet f****g another... i read on ontehr forum that there is balancing between plantes too and they can not f**k each other thats way or iteams have to be difrent but not better.

Last edited:
people are sick, price go up, they cry they can affroid, price go down they cry the sky is falling

I think MA whats more "nice" iteams availble for mid level hunters, most of the UL iteams are for low-mid level ppl and they even drom from medium mobs, they want make this game more availble for them.
Befor the ppl who invest lots of peds was able to grind bigger mobs at low cost and they were the one who was putting MU price at some good iteams. The MU was to high and now we see correction of it to some more reasonable level.

I think the only ones crying are the ones that paid deposited money for that stuff at the height of the market. Most players would be keen to see prices come down.

But it goes deeper than that, to the point "what does have value", becasue there is so much choice, and the goals posts move so fast that there's not even time to create a market, before another load of new stuff hits us....so its going too far the other way now.

Who is going to invest, or be prepared to pay top dollars when the system is in constant flux (change)? Investments need stability. Maybe items can not be considered as investments anymore, they just have a short life span before the next new drop.

I'm happy, just stating the obvious.

Rick

If MA are smart, this is the likely direction I think MA is going towards. They started with plates but it shows a trend from MA in providing a way to remove ul items from the game and is a good one at that. Future will tell what really happens but MA should really look into it and work things out. Its never a stable ecosystem where there is only entry of items without a means to remove/upgrade it.

My 2 cents,

Divinity

"what does have value",

Rick

I am sure even MA is suprised with the MU on new iteams, i think they idea was to make it cheap and avialble for ppl, but the market is as it is and the price go ridiculus again, so they drop more and it bring less confidence in investing in UL iteams, but the prices still stay high

the good exaple that they are suprised with MU (and stupidy of players) is CLD, they were sold for 1k on beginning and in second extra stage for how much ;)

If MA are smart

Divinity

i think they are smart but they are not GOD's and even they can not predict that ppl like you will speculate with MU price so high

Reactions: Mac
i think they are smart but they are not GOD's and even they can not predict that ppl like you will speculate with MU price so high

They are the GOD's of EU. If you fail to see that, your problem not mine. As for smart, I know they are else this game would have been long gone. Regarding speculation, I have no clue what u are trying to get at

I agree there is an attempt to make it more affordable. If you own a good item it kind of locks you into the game as “invested”.

Many are still in denial and will hold waiting for price to rise again, that will unlikely happen while the market is flooded. That is very much like the real world with shares, nothing changes.

I like what Div and slither say. Example: Two ordinary MF chips and a bone to make one adjusted MF chip. As long as its value is worth twice. Or even mixture of items to make other items.

MA tried a similar thing with tiering to reduce items in game, that went down like a ton of bricks for obvious reasons. Choosing to burn two items to make another would be much more accepted.

Rick

Regarding speculation, I have no clue what u are trying to get at
i thinking about spirit mk2 that you selling and the price yuo set for it, first of them was sold for around 40, later for bit more, and now you come up witt 57 k BO.
The thing with new iteams is that the stats may look promesing, but they are not that great, so on the beggining there is always few ppl who can afroid it and they buy it at any cost as fast as they can just becouse they want it. But just becouse some ppl bought it dont really mean they are worth that much and i think MA didnt predict the MU will raise so much.
But ok, those who could affroid to buy virtual toy bough it, so the rest think they are so good they are actually worth it and that makes the price go even higher.
First few guns of spirit mk2 was sold in minutes, yours is how many days on forum?.... thats why i say you speculating with price... most ppl dont realize that they are not so great like their MU liften by few who has to much peds.
Same is with most of iteams.

And by going back to L armors who are better even with MU contta UL one, the rison why i rather use UL is becouse i track my returns after each run, so if MA would give me tool which would make counting of TT decay after each run so simple as UL ones, i would not even look at UL

i thinking about spirit mk2 that you selling and the price yuo set for it, first of them was sold for around 40, later for bit more, and now you come up witt 57 k BO.
The thing with new iteams is that the stats may look promesing, but they are not that great, so on the beggining there is always few ppl who can afroid it and they buy it at any cost as fast as they can just becouse they want it. But just becouse some ppl bought it dont really mean they are worth that much and i think MA didnt predict the MU will raise so much.
But ok, those who could affroid to buy virtual toy bough it, so the rest think they are so good they are actually worth it and that makes the price go even higher.
First few guns of spirit mk2 was sold in minutes, yours is how many days on forum?.... thats why i say you speculating with price... most ppl dont realize that they are not so great like their MU liften by few who has to much peds.
Same is with most of iteams.

And by going back to L armors who are better even with MU contta UL one, the rison why i rather use UL is becouse i track my returns after each run, so if MA would give me tool which would make counting of TT decay after each run so simple as UL ones, i would not even look at UL

Speculate my @ss.. Last two known sales, 43k peds which Skalman sold happened within minutes. Second that i sold mine went for 55k+. The one for sale is at SB of 50k and BO of 55k. The only speculation is by wannabe owners like urself who dont have cash but want to dream. So carry on dreaming.

PS: We have bids with items , just that since its a shared loot we are not considering items at the moment. Else the sale would be long gone. Also its been not more then week since the loot. When sales happens in minute, its not cause of the value of the item, its cause it went too damn cheap.

The one for sale is at SB of 50k and BO of 55k. The only speculation is by wannabe owners like urself who dont have cash but want to dream. So carry on dreaming.

its true that i wanted the gun, its true that i cant afroid it, but it also true i own spirit mk1 UL t5 now and i know what it can and i still say its all overepriced.... just few push the price to top, and later when MA will drop another 10 durning the year and price will go down ppl will cry that its MA foult that price goes down.
Its not MA foult that prices go down its foult of ppl who put the ridiculus price to the sky without reason.
The only dream is stats on gun you are selling, but those are just stats, go hunt with it burn some peds, lose some peds, come back and if you brave enough price it again.

its true that i wanted the gun, its true that i cant afroid it, but it also true i own spirit mk1 UL t5 now and i know what it can and i still say its all overepriced.... just few push the price to top, and later when MA will drop another 10 durning the year and price will go down ppl will cry that its MA foult that price goes down.
Its not MA foult that prices go down its foult of ppl who put the ridiculus price to the sky without reason.
The only dream is stats on gun you are selling, but those are just stats, go hunt with it burn some peds, lose some peds, come back and if you brave enough price it again.

Let me ask u this question.. Without a buyer, there is no seller of an item who can fix a price for an item. What is value of anything, be it virtual or in real life. It only exists as there is a buyer willing to pay the price for any item the seller is willing to sell for. I never complained about what MA is or is not doing. Too many UL's are bad for the game overall but i will let MA judge as to what too many is as i personally dont have stats for how many active players and how many new ones are coming etc.

You say 10 more drop and prices will go down. Now if that doesnt happen prices will go up right? Anyways, the point is neither the buyer or seller alone can define prices of any item. And if there is a buyer for an item at the asking price, then that we can say is the value of the item for that moment. In future it can go down or up but that noone can predict and that would again depend on the buyer/seller agreement.

Let me ask u this question.. Without a buyer, there is no seller of an item who can fix a price for an item. What is value of anything, be it virtual or in real life. It only exists as there is a buyer willing to pay the price for any item the seller is willing to sell for. I never complained about what MA is or is not doing. Too many UL's are bad for the game overall but i will let MA judge as to what too many is as i personally dont have stats for how many active players and how many new ones are coming etc.

You say 10 more drop and prices will go down. Now if that doesnt happen prices will go up right? Anyways, the point is neither the buyer or seller alone can define prices of any item. And if there is a buyer for an item at the asking price, then that we can say is the value of the item for that moment. In future it can go down or up but that noone can predict and that would again depend on the buyer/seller agreement.

And i agree you write above, the problem is stats and what they represent, and what ppl think they represent.
The Spirit guns have grate stats no doub about it, and ppl who firs bought it think that way.... until they try them...

But then again if you buy gun for 40k, someone alse buy it for 45k, another one for 50k....
the first person even after using it he wont price it for 20k even if he will be sure it not worth that much becouse he dont want to lose, and the thing goes on with all UL iteams, ppl keep them until they get what they put into them. Nobady want to lose and if yuo would run hard with that gun you would see that yuo still can lose some serious ped with it and get nothing in return(MU).

You say buyer or seller set price, i say NO. Only seller set price, If there is set price high, buyer have to choice.
with nice UL iteams its becouse there is only few of them so seller can make agreement(even without talking together) to not sell below some price range. Besides if seller was a buyer befor he dont want to lose on his investment so price stay same or goes even higher if he wants to cover some loses made by "investment"

And i agree you write above, the problem is stats and what they represent, and what ppl think they represent.
The Spirit guns have grate stats no doub about it, and ppl who firs bought it think that way.... until they try them...

But then again if you buy gun for 40k, someone alse buy it for 45k, another one for 50k....
the first person even after using it he wont price it for 20k even if he will be sure it not worth that much becouse he dont want to lose, and the thing goes on with all UL iteams, ppl keep them until they get what they put into them. Nobady want to lose and if yuo would run hard with that gun you would see that yuo still can lose some serious ped with it and get nothing in return(MU).

You say buyer or seller set price, i say NO. Only seller set price, If there is set price high, buyer have to choice.
with nice UL iteams its becouse there is only few of them so seller can make agreement(even without talking together) to not sell below some price range. Besides if seller was a buyer befor he dont want to lose on his investment so price stay same or goes even higher if he wants to cover some loses made by "investment"

So because a user cant use the item properly it isnt worth it anymore? UL items are not magic and if you count tt value of a L gun instead you will pretty much see how you will do with a UL one. Don't mock them item if you do not know how to use it!

So because a user cant use the item properly it isnt worth it anymore? UL items are not magic and if you count tt value of a L gun instead you will pretty much see how you will do with a UL one. Don't mock them item if you do not know how to use it!

i compere L to UL, i can use them or cannot, i will use L one same as UL. Person who "knows how to use them" will have the same, the difrance is MU in both cases, so the worth of MU of gun its same in both cases

Here u say that there are too few in game and sellers decide prices and just before u said that MA will drop 10's of them and people will start crying. How can sellers decide the price of an item when MA are likely to drop 10's of these?? :confused:

Personally the only speculation being done here is by you assuming that 10 or more will drop. The other thing is all buyer should by common sense wait for the 10 to drop and then make purchase. If everything is a loss , why the hurry to buy an UL gun?

People can cry about losses but blaming MA for it is irrational. Those who made investments based on something other then just gambling on future expectations of price rise will usually end up being happy about there purchase. Others will not be happy but then noone can please everyone. Even MA can't. My only advice to them always will be to do whats best for the game and not any particular individual or group.

Here u say that there are too few in game and sellers decide prices and just before u said that MA will drop 10's of them and people will start crying. How can sellers decide the price of an item when MA are likely to drop 10's of these?? :confused:

Personally the only speculation being done here is by you assuming that 10 or more will drop. The other thing is all buyer should by common sense wait for the 10 to drop and then make purchase. If everything is a loss , why the hurry to buy an UL gun?

I dont know how many will drop in future or even if any will drop, they are TEN edition iteams i am expecting that becouse its TEN edition "Event" should be all year, but even if there will be 20 more of them i doub the price will drop that i could afroid it (if you think i am trying to make price go down of them you wrong)

How can sellers decide the price of an item when MA are likely to drop 10's of these??

if they will hold of them long enough they can keep the price, and they are TEN edition iteams so half year left.

If everything is a loss , why the hurry to buy an UL gun?
And there is the HOOK, most ppl dont know it or dont want to belive what other say to them, and there are always "new" who want to fill it on their skin.
UL iteams can save you ped and they do that, but are they really worth that much as MU goes around them?
guns for 20k, 50k, 100k
armors for 200k? do you really can save so much peds with that kind of investment?

One more thing i never sad its to few UL iteams in game... its to many of them... delete all of them!

UL iteams can save you ped and they do that, but are they really worth that much as MU goes around them?
guns for 20k, 50k, 100k
armors for 200k? do you really can save so much peds with that kind of investment?

A car when u go for a drive out is for the pleasure of it. The same car when used as a "Taxi" is an investment which gives ROI. Does the car value change in real life based on whether the car is being used as a taxi or for entertainment. :)

Does the car value change in real life based on whether the car is being used as a taxi or for entertainment. :)

Yes i does, in both cases it get older and cheaper :D
but not in this game, each year new, better iteams comming but the old one still keeping their price.

I've been wondering about this for some time i.e. what the price of mid range to top end armour and weapons is likely to be in the not so distant future.

Considering price is mostly controlled by MA as they control drop rates and stats of items, the question then is where they want prices to be?

If MA are really gearing up for a mass expansion of the player base, what would they want prices to be at?

I made posts like this in the past. I'm happy to see many UL items a lot lower in price now, I hope the trend continues.

I'm happy to see MA adding more planet partners and dropping more L and UL items from all planets, the more the merrier imo.

I hope they drop A LOT more efficient UL SIB items and introduce more L items to drive prices on L and UL items even further down and make the game more affordable for more people to play.

I guess a lot of people are happy I am not the balancing manager :laugh:

I hope they drop A LOT more efficient UL SIB items and introduce more L items to drive prices on L and UL items even further down and make the game more affordable for more people to play.

Not necessarily disagreeing with your post in general (I partly do and partly don't), but I'm not clear on why globally driving down MU makes the game more affordable to play. Excluding rare MU that goes to MA (like CLD purchases), the average player has a profit/loss of 0 PED on markup. Any markup one person spends, another person gains.

The game is already affordable, nobody is saying you have to hunt the biggest mobs ingame 10hrs a day. There's plenty of armour&weapons to hunt smaller mobs for a cheap price.

They could force the price of mod merc down to tt but they'd still be plenty of players unable to afford to use it.

Having high price equipment is good for the game. +500kped for a foeripper is bad but so is +100ped. MA just need to find the right balance, and imo they're getting pretty close.

Back